Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference (26453 Views)

Which Christian Music Do You Play During This Easter? / What's Your Favourite Christian Music? / Guns, God And Gospel Documentary. Should Christians Take Up Arms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by silent10(m): 11:27am On May 24, 2020
femi4:
Rubbish article, it didn't clear anything
the op should've states some examples.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by femi4: 11:29am On May 24, 2020
silent10:

the op should've states some examples.
They are the same, no point trying to differentiate with examples
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by silent10(m): 11:32am On May 24, 2020
femi4:
They are the same, no point trying to differentiate with examples
alright. do you know how i can download nairaland app please? used to have one, but now i can't find the exact one on playstore.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by colossus91(m): 11:32am On May 24, 2020
nice attempt,but no justice was done to the topic. I just feel the write up still dudnt explain what it what it ought to!!
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by silent10(m): 11:39am On May 24, 2020
colossus91:
nice attempt,but no justice was done to the topic. I just feel the write up still dudnt explain what it what it ought to!!
I have same thought. do you know how i can download nairaland app please? used to have one, but now i can't find the exact one on playstore.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by femi4: 11:41am On May 24, 2020
silent10:

alright. do you know how i can download nairaland app please? used to have one, but now i can't find the exact one on playstore.
check for the one with "official "
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by don3e(m): 11:42am On May 24, 2020
Hmmmm, but sori...as for me and myself I see no difference. Christian music or Gospel music na the same
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by emeone: 11:44am On May 24, 2020
On bill board chat I noticed that gospel is dominated by black musician/artist.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by silent10(m): 11:46am On May 24, 2020
femi4:
check for the one with "official "
which one in the picture please.

modified: found it. thanks.

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by femi4: 11:54am On May 24, 2020
silent10:

which one in the picture please.

modified: found it. thanks.
k
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Tobechuckwu(m): 11:55am On May 24, 2020
DrPurple:

https://www.hipipo.com/home/2014/04/10/understand-the-difference-between-religious-christian-and-gospel-music/
I think the biggest mistake u made was to go through Wikipedia to find definition. Wikipedia cannot define the real meaning of the "gospel " to u neither can it defines the word "Christian".
With all u've done no scriptures to back it up.
Christianity came after the death nd resurrection of Jesus Christ, also the gospel started after the death nd resurrection of Jesus Christ.
So gospel music nd Christian music are the same according to the Bible.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Nobody: 11:56am On May 24, 2020
OP there is no thin line between Gospel and Christian Music. Since you already know that Gospel music is a genre under Christian music how then are you drawing an imaginary thin line?

You should rather strive to differentiate Gospel music from other types of Christian music.
My take.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Studio247: 11:58am On May 24, 2020
Good massage

. TALENTED AND LOOKING FOR SUPPORT?

TALENT TO THE WORLD CHALLENGE

Opened for upcoming music artist
Comedians
Dancers
Models

To raise funds for the benefit of pushing their careers forward.
Every week TALENT TO THE WORLD CHALLENGE
if given free cash,
Free music Promotion
Free Audio production
Free skit Promotion
Free music promo video shoot.

Stop complaining you don't have a sponsor
There is a platform for you now to join you achieve your dreams.

CLICK THE LINK FOR MORE INFO
AND SIGN UP.

You can click on any of the links
below for more information and registration
https://showitnaija.com.ng/talent-to-the-world-challenge-2/

-------------------

https://talenttotheworldchallenge..com/p/talent-world-challenge.html?m=1

NOTE:terms and conditions apply

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by RealMillennial(m): 12:01pm On May 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Same thing joor ......

Christian is gospel....... wink

Relax, you dey another whatsapp group
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by ledamaster(m): 12:10pm On May 24, 2020
DrPurple:

https://www.hipipo.com/home/2014/04/10/understand-the-difference-between-religious-christian-and-gospel-music/
you got the christian music part right but didnt do a thorough job on what gospel music is. Gospel music is a genre under christian music about the gospel of our Saviour Jesus christ,INSPIRED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. Its not just singing abt Christ and the gospel, it also have to be prophetic and Holy spirit led. U cant do gospel and not be spirit filled.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Tokoz50: 12:13pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
post=89901358:
All is for the Glory of God.

That is all that MATTERS

Meanwhile,  
From all of us @[[b][/b] : Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim Friends

You are always welcome brotherly.
BBQ will be ready for all of you after this pandemic time bro.
Enjoy your day with love.
One Love.
[/s]
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Myer(m): 12:16pm On May 24, 2020
DrPurple:

If Christian is a term which describes a follower of Christ.
And Gospel is a term that refers to the message of Christ.
How then did you come up with your own definitions?

There Gospel is centred on Christ,likewise Christianity is centred on Christ, trying to make a distinction is like trying to separate the message of Christ from Christ.

This is a purpose less thread.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by professore(m): 12:30pm On May 24, 2020
Informative
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by myk2mic: 12:33pm On May 24, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Recommend current foreign songs to download
The father's house-- cory asbury
Graves into gardens-- elevation worship
Touch the sky-- hillsong

2 Likes

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Sterope(f): 12:33pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Oviri2580(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2020
Thank you, I don’t know it before ✌️
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Kay25(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2020
sowii sir Wikipedia can't be the defining factor in differentiating gospel and christian music.It has to be the bible which is the word of God.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Martini101(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2020
OP, you obviously need to go and eat Sunday rice. That is your problem. How can you differentiate Gospel music from Christian music. Your type try to bring up division where there is non. Obviously, this type of reasoning is responsible for the same way we have different churches under Christianity.

Happy Sunday
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Lexusgs430: 1:04pm On May 24, 2020
RealMillennial:

Relax, you dey another whatsapp group

Nah BBM, una still dey.......
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by ebukason3(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2020
Christian music is a genre, Gospel is style of Christian music, hymnal, praise and worship are also styles.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Totosweetdie(f): 1:07pm On May 24, 2020
post=89901358:

That is all that MATTERS

Meanwhile,  

One Love.
Go and grill it for your lord and personal savior mumumadu bullhary
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Reference(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2020
sexylassie2:
Gospel music a fervent style of black American evangelical religious singing, developed from spirituals sung in Southern Baptist and Pentecostal Churches.

Lot of misinformation on nairaland frontage.

The Origins may not be the Definition of things especially when they evolve very fast. If one is not writing a thesis I think things of religion and spirituality being personal will have varied definitions.

For me Christianity is what you fill out on a form or what you put in a resume. I define my belief system by Faith and the music thereof will be called Praise music.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by phelonrays: 1:30pm On May 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
NOTHING BEATS THE IGBO CHRISTIAN MUSIC OF THE EARLY 2000'S. THEIR EXCLAMATION OF "UMU CHINEKE" AND CHOREOGRAPHY IS SOMETHING ELSE.

Wow

Nice to see this writeup from a profound Atheist,,,

Thumbs-up bro.................. undecided
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by bigtt76(f): 1:37pm On May 24, 2020
All these narratives are unnecessary. That was how growing up, they were preaching don't shave the corners of your head ... Meaning punk hairstyle was evil but we all know better now cheesy
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by skyhighweb(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2020
there's no message here
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Okiibe(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by biafrasun: 2:22pm On May 24, 2020
post=89901358:

That is all that MATTERS

Meanwhile,  

One Love.
. This your madness in every post has no cure, e don reach like this abeg no enter market oooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 / Shiloh 2014: Full Transcript Of Bishop David Oyedepo's Messages / "I Have Never Fallen Under Anointing Before, Is This Normal"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.