Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie (2141 Views)

2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / Pessimists Versus Atiku: History Can Change / Peace Meeting With Igbos, Yorubas In Oshodi Organized By APC Leaders, MC Oluomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Odingo1: 12:37pm On May 24, 2020
Go and read your history, stop taken lagos-Ibadan media propaganda hook and sink.

Ijaw people are the first people to occupy the river-line area of Lagos followed by Egun people from Togo/Benin Repulic and finally Ilajes and Aworis. Yorubas migrated in droves to lagos after the British conquest of Eko in which they defeated the Bini Kidgdom ruling over it with the Bini name Eko and renamed it Lagos (the name lagos mean dustbin in portugese language from where they derived the name) and allow the migrant Yorubas to have upper hand because the British want to weaken the indigenous people from resisting British rule in lagos.

There is no indiginous yoruba person in Lagos. All of them migrated from hinterland to lagos. Tinubu is from Osun. Ambode is from Ogun. Fashola is from Ibadan. Sanwo Olu is from Ondo. All yorubas in lagos are migrant and they know that.

However the present day Lagos belong to Yorubas because they have conquered it, it is left for them to hold it tight because fulanis will surely test the waters.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Justiceleague1: 12:40pm On May 24, 2020
Grabs popcorn. grin

Miners are coming grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by 1realBobby(m): 12:43pm On May 24, 2020
hmmm
Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by bernf16(m): 12:46pm On May 24, 2020
I wonder if you are of sane mind or otherwise...permit to say Lagos State falls on the South Western part of the Nigerian map. So, why would u think its of the Ijaw people.

Even if according to yearnings, that I Ijaw was the first...does Lagos State falls on the South-South part.

This is a time waste of keyboarding and reasoning's...regards to you Sir; a Nigerian youth of our time!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Yobabad: 12:49pm On May 24, 2020
This very correct, and there is an evidence to prove it. Even the Oba is very much aware of this. Bola Tinubu for example is from Osun state. Lagos is no Man's land

6 Likes

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Pentagon007: 12:52pm On May 24, 2020
kissLagos has never been a Yoruba land. Binis are the sole owners of Lagos. That is why Yorubas pay rent to their Igbo landlord. Ibadan instead is a bonafide yoriba state which Started as an IDP camp by the way.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Afamed: 12:54pm On May 24, 2020
Yobabad:
This very correct, and there is an evidence to prove it. Even the Oba is very much aware of this. Bola Tinubu for example is from Osun state. Lagos is no Man's land
When last did you check your Bp?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by nobaga: 12:56pm On May 24, 2020
See provocation! Smart Igbo do not talk to dumb Igbo?
Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 24, 2020
So what concern Osu and Biafrans with Lagos. Go face your landlocked and Countrylocked land instead of crying fowl on another man's headache.

Lagos is Yoruba
Yoruba is Lagos

Op am sending you phone numbers to call , so that we can hear your stories.

Lagos State Council of Obas and Chiefs is one body, which has the capacity to contribute phenomenonally to good governance in the State by constantly availing government of its wisdom and sound advice: using its tremendous influence to mobilize popular support for public policy as well as being an important source of communication
and feedback between the government and the grassroots.
The new Council has a total of Fifty-one members drawn from the five divisions of the State. The Oba of Lagos is the permanent Chairman of the State Council of Obas and Chiefs with four Vice-Chairmen drawn from the four divisions of the State namely:
Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Alara of Ilara, Olu of Ikeja and the Akran of Badagry.

1. Oba Riliwanu Babatunde Akiolu
Title: Oba of Lagos
Phone: 01-7617766

2. Oba Raufu Adeniyi Matemi Amore
Title: Olu of Ikeja
Phone: 08023393021

3. Oba S. A. A. Oyefusi (Oguntade II)
Title: Ayangburen of Ikorodu
Phone: 08033181482, 08033331986

4. Oba A. O. Adesanya
Title: Alara of Ilara
Phone: 08038380790

5. De Aholu Menu-Toyi I
Title: Akran of Badagry Kingdom
Phone: 08033442083

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by dignity33: 12:57pm On May 24, 2020
is obvious

2 Likes

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Sammy07: 12:58pm On May 24, 2020
I think OP has been smoking Igbo since 1900AD.

Lagos is not Yoruba land.

Odingo, I'm sure you've never been to Lagos cheesy

If No, pls tell me which area is called Lagos and which area is Oba of Lagos ruling over cheesy

Cc: Sunshineg5

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 24, 2020
Op , you can call these people and narrate your story.

Lagos Division
6. Oba Saheed A. Elegushi (Kusenla III) Title: Elegushi of Ikateland
7. Oba Tijani Adetunji Akinloye Title: Ojomu of Ajiranland Number: 08022245767
8. Oba Abiodun Idowu Oniru Title: Oniru of Iruland Phone: 08033069922
9. Oba Yinusa Ayeni Title: Onisiwo of Abagbo & Tomaro Phone; 08033105840
10. Oba Ganiyu Okeyide Odesanya Title: Oloto of Otto and Mainland.
11. Oba Patrick Ibikunle Fafunwa-Onikoyi Title: Onikoyi of Lagos Phone: 08033002766
12. Chief T. I. Jinadu-Eko Title: Olorogun-Adodo of Lagos Phone: 08032114324
13. Chief Fatai Olumegbon Title: Olumegbon of Lagos Phone: 08023260893
14. Chief Tajudeen Gbadesere Eletu Title: Eletu-Odibo of Lagos. Phone: 08033574388
Ikeja Division
15. Oba Lateef Atanda Adams Title: Olu Agege of Agege
16. Oba Lasisi Gbadamosi Title: Onigando of Igando
17. Oba Moroof Adekunle Ojoola Title: Ojon of Ejigbo
18. Oba Fatai Ayinla Aileru Title: Olu of Mushin
19. Oba H.O.A. Kassim-Bashua Title: Oba of Somolu
20. Oba Samson Alade Balogun Title: Oba of Egbeda
21. Oba Wahab A. Balogun Title: Oba of Isheri-Olofin
22. Oba Bashiru Oloruntoyin Saliu Title: Oba of Oworonshoki
23. Oba Fatai Irawo-Ogunsi Title: Oba of Odi-Olowo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 24, 2020
Op , please kindly channel your grievances to these people:

Badagry Division
24. Oba Babatunde Lawal Title: Onigbanko of Igbankoland
25. Aholu Gbedite Ayaton Title: Aholu of Ajido
26. Oba N. A. Akinyemi Title: Alabirun of Ikaare
27. Oba Mobadenle O. Oyekan Title: Onilado of Ilado and Inagbe Island
28. Oba M. A. Ashafa Title: Onijanikin of Ijanikin
29. Oba Israel Adewale Okoya Title: Oba of Ibereko
30. Oba Abideen Adekanbi Durosinmi Title: Osolu of Irewe

6 Likes

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Chimaraymond455: 1:01pm On May 24, 2020
When I tell you igbos will rule Lagos some Yorubas online miscreants will not believe it, You claim Lagos you don't know how it form, when i tell them that Lagos is no man's land they get mad over it.we all know the history of Lagos, Yorubas can only make noise and abuse igbos online but can't challenge igbos physically in Lagos, all igbos need is just to present an Igbo governorship candidate in Lagos and fully support him to any length by fight ooo! or by any means, if tinubu, fashiola can rule Lagos then I have no doubt in me that igbos can't rule Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by WeneDiali: 1:01pm On May 24, 2020
I agree with the Oba that Lagos is not yorubaland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 24, 2020
Chimaraymond455:
When I tell you igbos will rule Lagos some Yorubas online miscreants will not believe it, You claim Lagos you don't know how it form, when i tell them that Lagos is no man's land they get mad over it.we all know the history of Lagos, Yorubas can only make noise and abuse igbos online but can't challenge igbos physically in Lagos, all igbos need is just to present an Igbo governorship candidate in Lagos and fully support him to any length by fight ooo! or by any means, if tinubu, fashiola can rule Lagos then I have no doubt in me that igbos can't rule Lagos.
Please present your candidate to these people. Their phone numbers are there:

Ikorodu Division

31. Oba J. O. Fatola
Title: Adeboruwa of Igbogbo

32. Oba F. A. Oresanya
Title: Alajede of Ijede

33. Oba M. A. Bakare-Agoro
Title: Ranodu of Imota

34. Oba A.O.A. Oyebo (Oyebo II)
Title: Oba of Egbin

35. Oba Richard Abayomi Ogunsanya
Title: Olubeshe of Ibeshe

36. Chief K.H.A. Oshisanya
Title: Aro of Ikorodu

37. Chief Williams Adebisi Adejo
Title: Olisa of Imota

Epe Division

38. Oba Kamorudeen Animashaun
(Oloja of Epe)

39. Oba Olawale Olagoke Ogunsanya
(The Aladegunshenbi of Odoragunshen)

40. Oba Raufu Ishola Balogun
(The Elejinrin of Ejinrinland)

41. Oba Adegboyega Ayodele Adefowora
(Alaketu of Ketu)

42. Oba Rafiu Olusegun Bamidele Salami (Ogunbamise I) (The Onibejuof Ibeju Land)

43. Oba Babatunde Olaogun Ogunlaja (JP)
(The Aladeshonyin of Odo-Noforija
Kingdom)

44. Oba Ganiyu Adebowale Adegbesan
(Onise of Ise Land)

45. Oba Michael Gbadebo Onakoya
(The Orijeru of Ifgbooye Land)

46. Oba Sefiu Olatunji Adewale
Olu of Epe) .

others include: Chief T Jinadu-Eko, the Olorogun-Adodo of Lagos State
Chief Fatai Olumegbon
(Olumegbon of Lagos) and Chief
Tajudeen Gbadesere Eletu (Eletu -
Odibo of Lagos) .
A couple of thrones are presently vacant due to the demise of the former occupant.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Justiceleague1: 1:04pm On May 24, 2020
Pentagon007:
kissLagos has never been a Yoruba land. Binis are the sole owners of Lagos. That is why Yorubas pay rent to their Igbo landlord. Ibadan instead is a bonafide yoriba state which Started as an IDP camp by the way.

Lolsssssss.....

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Tokoz50: 1:10pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

When last did you check your Bp?
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Odingo1: 1:22pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:
I think OP has been smoking Igbo since 1900AD.

Lagos is not Yoruba land.

Odingo, I'm sure you've never been to Lagos cheesy

If No, pls tell me which area is called Lagos and which area is Oba of Lagos ruling over cheesy

Lagos in mainly Lagos Island in which Oba of lagos is ruling.

5 Likes

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Sammy07: 1:24pm On May 24, 2020
Odingo1:

So, what are you saying

Most part of Lagos are in ogun state b4 it was added to Lagos on creation of the state.
Ikeja was in ogun state b4.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by MuchAdo: 1:25pm On May 24, 2020
Nonsense and piggiiddiiioooootts... angry

Piggiiddiioottts amaka... grin

1 Like

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Sunshineg5(m): 1:28pm On May 24, 2020
Odingo1:

You sure say you know Lagos so

What is the Size of Lagos island in Lagos state?

Even Oba of Lagos is tenant in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Firstorderwizard(m): 1:29pm On May 24, 2020
Lagos is no man's land.
Jagaban is just a caretaker

Meanwhile

Here in Fernando Po, we are celebrating Bubu's 100days in office cool

1 Like

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Sunshineg5(m): 1:30pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

So, what are you saying

Most part of Lagos are in ogun state b4 it was added to Lagos on creation of the state.
Ikeja was in ogun state b4.

Please don't waste your time with brain dead ipob members

They would only waste your time trolling cheesy

1 Like

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Mel003: 1:31pm On May 24, 2020
Chimaraymond455:
It possible. I just checked and 45% of Lagos population are igbos.

2 Likes

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 24, 2020
Lagos is made of Five Divisions
Lagos Island
Ikeja
Ikorodu
Epe
Badagry

When Few Benins came, to Lagos Island (one of the five Divisions, they met with Yorubas (Aworis) already living there for centuries.

8 Likes

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 24, 2020
Mel003:

It possible. I just checked and 45% of Lagos population are igbos.
IPOB Statistics. Igbos in Lagos are not up to Hausas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Mel003: 1:42pm On May 24, 2020
myboy2111:

IPOB Statistics. Igbos in Lagos are not up to Hausas
If I agree with you we will both be wrong.
So use Google.

1 Like

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by Vivuch: 1:51pm On May 24, 2020
Odingo1:
Go and read your history, stop taken lagos-Ibadan media propaganda hook and sink.

Ijaw people are the first people to occupy the river-line area of Lagos followed by Egun people from Togo/Benin Repulic and finally Ilajes and Aworis. Yorubas migrated in droves to lagos after the British conquest of Eko in which they defeated the Bini Kidgdom ruling over it with the Bini name Eko and renamed it Lagos (the name lagos mean dustbin in portugese language from where they derived the name) and allow the migrant Yorubas to have upper hand because the British want to weaken the indigenous people from resisting British rule in lagos.

There is no indiginous yoruba person in Lagos. All of them migrated from hinterland to lagos. Tinubu is from Osun. Ambode is from Ogun. Fashola is from Ibadan. Sanwo Olu is from Ondo. All yorubas in lagos are migrant and they know that.

However the present day Lagos belong to Yorubas because they have conquered it, it is left for them to hold it tight because fulanis will surely test the waters.
Lagos doesn't mean dustbin in Portuguese language, Lagos in Portuguese mean Lagoon area.

1 Like

Re: All Yorubas In Lagos Are Migrant; History Can Never Lie by sammyj: 1:54pm On May 24, 2020
So who are the ilajes, Aworis and the eguns tribes from if I may asked this deluded OP In addition, just did a check on google for the meaning of Lagos and guess what I saw : https://www.google.com/search?q=lagos%20meaning%20in%20portuguese&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m
The Op should do justice to the above result from google and get all your facts right before coming to propagate lies !! shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nmandi Kanu Is A GEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South / Igbos/southerners Wake Up Something Dangerous Is Cooking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.