Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (52948 Views)

Order Cars from Lagos at the Exact Cost!|Nationwide Delivery / I Need Uber/taxify Driver To Drive My 2011 Toyota Camry / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Born2conquer: 3:52pm On May 24, 2020
I got charged extra 100k for delivery
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Readonee35L(m): 3:52pm On May 24, 2020
osaslord500:

8k for fuel from lagos to abj??
6k to transport back to lag??

Joker.. lmao
The guy is a clown

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by jasent(m): 3:54pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah if he's someone he doesn't know, it's small. If it's someone he knows, it's ok
How much the person go take comeback to Lagos?
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:55pm On May 24, 2020
Born2conquer:
I got charged extra 100k for delivery
chia oga mi, where is the car i will close eyes collect the 100k in short hold it let me deliver it,you see your car, you transfer into my Acct.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Born2conquer: 3:56pm On May 24, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
chia oga mi, where is the car i will close eyes collect the 100k in short hold it let me deliver it,you see your car, you transfer into my Acct.
It’s from lagos to ABK, the dealer charged 100k for delivery

I couldn’t really argue with him because the car is still with him make e no go commot something from my car

So i just left him to do anything

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:58pm On May 24, 2020
Born2conquer:

It’s from lagos to ABK, the dealer charged 100k for delivery

I couldn’t really argue with him because the car is still with him make e no go commot something from my car

So i just left him to do anything
OK sir but you have gotten it now abi? No wahala.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by eghuan1(m): 3:59pm On May 24, 2020
I just went through this thread and I can see a lot of things wrong with Nigeria.

Some people don't even know how many hours it takes from Lagos to Abuja and they want a driver to take 40k or less. Somebody even said 10k like the person is driving to Shagamu.

If you don't know the risk the driver is taken, you won't open your mouth and be blabbing rubbish.

Somebody even said transport back to Lagos is 6k. Please tell me which transport company is operating in this lockdown period that will collect 6k from Abuja to Lagos. The driver may have to take as many as five different trips to get back to Lagos because public transports are not allowed to cross state borders this period. He may even have yo enter trailers if he wants direct vehicle to Lagos.

Last November, I drove a toks 2010 Camry from lagos to Eket and the only reason I accepted 30k was because the owner agreed to come with me and settle police and customs along the toad by herself. By the time we got to Eket, she had spent over 30k settling those guys not to talk of food and extra fuel.

So OP as someone advised, leave the car in Lagos till the lockdown period is over if you don't want to spend unnecessarily

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by bishopjoe02(m): 4:00pm On May 24, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
Oga mi 60k is still kind of fair but 4get the mopol of a thing they settle also but not like me that is a bloody civilian i witnessed one along ishua that's heading towards okene we were stopped i was in front they collected 500 from us each instead of the previous 200 they collected a mopol driving rx330 wanted to pass they stopped him and asked him to drop that shey na your papa put us here i think he gave them 200 though i didn't see the money but i saw him give the OC at that point something from hand to hand when we were still persuading them to collect 500 that boys go still settle for front.

Bros if you see work for this lockdown period to abj, don't charge 60k, check point don increase, settlement for check point now is 500 and above,

since the guy na mopol, 60k might work

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by sweetdude001(m): 4:02pm On May 24, 2020
I d take it there for 80k... Call me on 08154483797 when you are ready
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 4:02pm On May 24, 2020
bishopjoe02:

Bros if you see work for this lockdown period to abj, don't charge 60k, check point don increase, settlement for check point now is 500 and above,

since the guy na mopol, 60k might work
yes boss i meant its still kind of fair for the mopol, i already said the least i can charge for abuja is 70k but if i see 100k i go collect ooooooo.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Born2conquer: 4:02pm On May 24, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
OK sir but you have gotten it now abi? No wahala.
Not yet, we are still doing some final touch
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by 9jaHustler: 4:07pm On May 24, 2020
Thanks for all your contributions. Am supposed to negotiate with the guy morrow, am thinking I should be open to somewhere between 50 - 70K.

Its a 2011 V6 engine.

The lock down is not very serious as the guy just brought back a car to Abj today and I know people who have traveled long distance in the past one week.

Until then we see how it goes.

Thanks once again for your contributions.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2020
Born2conquer:

Not yet, we are still doing some final touch
no problem you can tell him that a friend of yours in Lagos wants to check it out and if its something you feel we can do after seeing i will charge you 60k for delivery that's after lockdown has been eased oooooooo. But if na those exquisite car Oga mi i charge you 100k no removal no addition.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Exponental(m): 4:12pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
That's 30k. So negotiate for 30-35k when u call him. Highest he'll end it at 40k
This analogy is terrible. cry cry cry cry You must be a labourer!!!! cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Koko1119: 4:17pm On May 24, 2020
$1b
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
That's 30k. So negotiate for 30-35k when u call him. Highest he'll end it at 40k

8k fuel Lagos to Abuja ?

Have you driven that route with your car before ?

Or cared to ask the size of the car involved ? just dey run mouth.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 24, 2020

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by PinkStarsFallIn: 9:19pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
@9jahustler, take this advice at ur own peril. Dont be pennywise pound foolish. Consider d value of ur car and ur desire for it to arrive safely.
Even i dat dont drive wunt collect 40k. Have a budget of atleast 80k it doesnt mean ur stupid if u pay more, but the value of ur car should make u quite benevolent with cash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Eddee(m): 9:31pm On May 24, 2020
First thread I open after a brief hiatus and the usual display of naivety is in full force.

You've bought a car worth a couple millions at the very least and yet can't commit proper money for delivery. Fueling alone for a V6 engine from Lagos to Abuja is 16-20k (I know this first hand) ,depending on the driver's foot, and boy - their feet are heavy!

Settling police alone in this lockdown (to allow you border entry from state to state) will cost a little more than 40k, again first hand experience - my sister just brought in a Camry, Lagos to Calabar.

Customs are a whole different matter, will definitely stop you along the way - unless you have at least a DSC on speed dial, keep aside 30-40k in this lockdown.

We've not talked about the drivers payment or feeding or accommodation and you're negotiating 50k. The mistake you're making is thinking because the driver is a police man, all will be well and smooth - he will park your car on the Express with his colleagues and you'll pay that balance by hook or by crook.

10 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by GBOYEBABA: 9:44pm On May 24, 2020
Ur a wicked soul. In this lock down Era, t-fare to Ondo alone is 4k (to) not to talk of Abuja. What abt the risk involved, what u people don't know is this once ur being smart with this people, they will just damage ur car with rough driving but encourage them so that they can deliver ur car safe & sound. Left to me, 50k is fine.
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Eddee(m): 9:49pm On May 24, 2020
GBOYEBABA:
Ur a wicked soul. In this lock down Era, t-fare to Ondo alone is 4k (to) not to talk of Abuja. What abt the risk involved, what u people don't know is this once ur being smart with this people, they will just damage ur car with rough driving but encourage them so that they can deliver ur car safe & sound. Left to me, 50k is fine.

Have you actually moved a car in this lockdown? Do you think the NPF especially are playing on the road? You won't go very far without the 3-5k vehicle border crossing payment. Count how many states and advice the OP accordingly. Got into Benue from Cross River and even with essential duty tags, I had to talk to the men in black in the language they understood to facilitate the process of validating my vehicle to move on time.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by obataokenwa(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2020
Mine then, I fueled the tank and gave him 15k...he will still see passengers carry collect 3k each.

One full tank will be fine. But this lockdown I don't know how far checkpoint
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by duality(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
Oga mi 60k is still kind of fair but 4get the mopol of a thing they settle also but not like me that is a bloody civilian i witnessed one along ishua that's heading towards okene we were stopped i was in front they collected 500 from us each instead of the previous 200 they collected a mopol driving rx330 wanted to pass they stopped him and asked him to drop that shey na your papa put us here i think he gave them 200 though i didn't see the money but i saw him give the OC at that point something from hand to hand when we were still persuading them to collect 500 that boys go still settle for front.

Customs still dey collect even when papers complete?
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Trustme2(m): 10:56pm On May 24, 2020
duality:

Bros papers no dey always complete. Most dealers usually pay compromised fees or they shortpay the duties. However, if the shortpay or compromised duty is good enough, they may just overlook then you settle them as you go with the vehicle. If dealers are to pay the normal full custom duty, most buyers won't be able to afford a car o. Like the normal Surface duty for a Toyota Corolla 2013 is about 650k with other charges inclusive would be running to 1.250m-1.3m for full duty. However, some dealers would pay like 400k Surface duty rather than the 650k to make the total custom duty with other charges to come to about 950k. That's the way it's done. You just settle custom officers on the road with between 2-3k
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by duality(m): 11:03pm On May 24, 2020
Trustme2:
Bros papers no dey always complete. Most dealers usually pay compromised fees or they shortpay the duties. However, if the shortpay or compromised duty is good enough, they may just overlook then you settle them as you go with the vehicle. If dealers are to pay the normal full custom duty, most buyers won't be able to afford a car o. Like the normal Surface duty for a Toyota Corolla 2013 is about 650k with other charges inclusive would be running to 1.250m-1.3m for full duty. However, some dealers would pay like 400k Surface duty rather than the 650k to make the total custom duty with other charges to come to about 950k. That's the way it's done. You just settle custom officers on the road with between 2-3k

Okay..I get it now
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by jacobjamie(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2020
Well, from my personal experience, is withing 50k to 60k, I got 4 buses,(mini buses) from lagos to bayelsa, i got some military officers who does that business as side business, that's what I paid them each,since those buses don't come with a custom papers they needed to settle customs points in the road, even as military offices but dey didn't settle polic.. But for a private car, just pay him withing 50-60k, he buys the fuel and all.... Delivered at ur door step..

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Nobody: 12:49am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:
Thanks but any chance I can get the deal for 40 - 50k?

50k inclusive of fueling etc, is a very good deal.
Warn him not to carry morethan 2 passengers.
Cos u cant deter him from that

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 2:04am On May 25, 2020
duality:

yes now you go pay OD officer on duty
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by aduje(m): 5:57am On May 25, 2020
There are so many things involved:
Below are therefore my advice:
1) Ensure customs duty fully paid
2) Instal tracker
3) Register the car and despatch all original papers separately
4) Engage a military man to excort or use uniform man already doing car delivery business

The above will reduce cost of delivery and reduced risk of losing the car.

With this, budget between N60-80k.
Goodluck.

quote author=9jaHustler post=89906537]I have a tokumbo can in Lagos that I want to bring to Abuja. What is the going rate to have someone drive it from Lagos to Abuja?

Are there any conditions usually given?

Any thing that I need to know please. [/quote]
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Bluehill1051: 6:20am On May 25, 2020
All these people saying settlement of police and custom reach 30k makes me wonder o. Even Lagos to Abuja sef. I n my brother toured those roads almost 10times back in 2018 in a 2006 corolla. We fuel 8K and that gets us comfortably to abuja on full air con.
We never settled police, army or custom up to 30k, not even 10k sef. Highest we settled was one a trip we forgot to carry MOT custom paper n we settled 5k. So me I don't understand o.
Except maybe now that there's a lock down, it may even exceed that 30k
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by heffem(m): 6:49am On May 25, 2020
Bluehill1051:
All these people saying settlement of police and custom reach 30k makes me wonder o. Even Lagos to Abuja sef. I n my brother toured those roads almost 10times back in 2018 in a 2006 corolla. We fuel 8K and that gets us comfortably to abuja on full air con.
We never settled police, army or custom up to 30k, not even 10k sef. Highest we settled was one a trip we forgot to carry MOT custom paper n we settled 5k. So me I don't understand o.
Except maybe now that there's a lock down, it may even exceed that 30k
Oga which one is MOT customs paper again? I did read some comments up there, and I was stunned with the way some people reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Royalfurnitures: 9:18am On May 25, 2020
Up to70K or more

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2020 Model Peugeot 508 Brand New Fully Loaded For Men. / I Am A Custom Clearing Agent Need My Services Call Me / China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.