Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns (984 Views)

*good For Democracy* South East Pdp Lead By Olisa Metu Ask Okwy Nwodo To Resign / Pdp Chairman, Okwezilieze Nwodo, Removed / Pdp Govs Shout Down Nwodo At Nec Meeting ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns by matoyeh(m): 11:14am On Jan 18, 2011
The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Owkesilieze Nwodo, has resigned his appointment ahead of the emergency meeting of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party today, THISDAY understands.

It was learnt that he held a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan last night over the various controversies surrounding his tenure, especially his attempt to forcefully take over the conduct of the Special National Convention last Thursday.

Jonathan told him he had lost confidence in him and it would be advisable for him to resign ahead of the NEC meeting.

“I brought you as chairman and I must say I have lost confidence in your leadership of the party,” the president reportedly told him, following a vote of no confidence passed on Nwodo by the leaders of the party in the South-east where he hails from.

Re: Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns by Nsiman(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2011
If that will bring the needed peace in the pdp let him go, for it is better for one man to die than a multitude perished
Re: Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns by Abagworo(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2011
PDP can use other people's head but not mine.Nwodo was brought there to secure Jonathan's ticket and he did a good job.All these wayo no work for my side.PDP GTFOH!
Re: Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns by blacksta(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
Abeg zone the thing to a another region - how many igbos in under 4 years -

Abi the Jonathan election don erase zoning

I laugh
Re: Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns by Coolabbie: 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
It wz obvious he wz going 2 be removed,so its a wise move 4rm him.
Re: Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns by Odunnu: 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2011
Good Riddance.
Hopefully Sullivan can now sleep with two eyes closed
Re: Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns by rasputinn(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
Odunnu:

Good Riddance.
Hopefully Sullivan can now sleep with two eyes closed

Q.E.D

Aint that what it was all about,the so-called Ebeano family found an ally in Nwodo in their quest to tame Sullivan,the guy even went bossy on Chime,I guess he didn't reckon with the enormous powers of our governors especially these days
Re: Breaking News: Nwodo Resigns by matoyeh(m): 10:22am On Jan 19, 2011
Confirmed by GEJ

(1) (Reply)

Contact Details Of All Inec Recs Nationwide. / After All I Did For ACN, See How They Are Treating Me, Cries Senator Bode Ola / Jonathan Ll Be The Worst President In The History Of Nigeria.trust Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.