Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Accidental Brother (book One) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Brother (book One) (4265 Views)

Accidental Witness (morelli Family #1) By Sam Mariano / Hunger Or Survival( Book One ) / Sophia Amaka's Story: Accidental Baby Mama(a Fan Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 10:03pm On May 24, 2020
Accidental Brother.
Chapter 1
Here is my question. Do you believe in a soulmate? you know, someone you are created for, someone that gives you both the butterfly and electricity, that one person you can proudly call your other half. Yea, I so believe in a soulmate, I mean its the best kind of love. You can see how beautiful it is from Romeo and Juliet, forget the fact they died young, but come on it's because they know they can't go on without each other, that's the power of soulmate. So imagine how bad it is for me to have all this soulmate vibe from my brother, my step brother actually, looking at it I think it's better to fall for the enemy than family. At first it wasn't like this, at first I hate him to the bone, he is a bad bully, he should've been born a bull, but with recent event things change and I find myself irresistibly attracted to him, I just can't shake away the fact that I see him as my soulmate. Well before you call me incest, sit back and let me tell you the story, I will start from the beginning, I mean before the beginning, not before I was born but before I started falling for him. So Am going to start from 3 years ago when I first encountered him, I have known him longer than that, but it was four years ago he came into my life.
FLASHBACK
"Come on honey, we are already late" my mom called,
"Am done" I said popping out of the one room we live in, wearing the blue gown she bought me, it fits like a glove, she is also wearing a blue gown but different design
"Aww, you look good honey," she said, I smiled
"Thanks, mom, but my name is Esther." I demanded, she just smiled and wave it off
"Come let's go," she said leaving and I followed her. We are going to meet her date, she separated from my dad three years ago, and it is good, my dad is an alcoholic so the court gave me to mom, she is now dating, am going to meet the man today, I know he makes my mom happy, I may be 13 years old but am matured enough to know love.
"Finally we meet." the man said, he is tall, handsome and matured,
I like him already, he looks like the playful type "Am Bright Okafor" he introduced himself
"Am Esther Charles" I said smiling, he now ushered us inside but not before giving my mom a wink.
We sat down and started eating, I made sure to eat to my satisfaction, it's not every day I get this opportunity.
"My son will soon be here," he said, to my mom, wow does that mean he is also divorced or widowed, well it's not in my place to ask, am not a curious person
"You will know him," he said to me,
"How?" I asked
"He attends the same school you do," he said
"In fact the same class," my mom said, I searched my mind but no one popped up,
apart from my crush Oliver, he is the dream of every girl, intelligent,
he put the word gorgeous to shame, I pray he is not the one he is talking about, though I want a relationship with Oliver, not a family relationship,
so I keep my fingers crossed and hope it is someone else.
After a while, I heard someone call from behind me
"Miss me, boss"
"Here he is, the thug," Mr. Bright said, motioning my back so I turned to see who
Luckily for me, it's not Oliver, but the new student who started this term with us,
I can't remember his name, but I know he is older than most.
He froze when he saw me, his smile faded
"You," he said, then walked and sat beside his father, I just wave, I want to be polite
"Yes, say hello to your new sister" Mr bright said, and we all gasped
"I know, it's a surprise to you, but I know we can make it work, can you accept me as your husband," he said to my mom, as he shows her a ring,
She looked at me, with her hands clasping her lips, I smiled showing my support then she looked at Mr. Bright
"Yes," she said with tears, he then slipped the ring in her finger, it fits like a glove.
My new brother who am yet to know his name started clapping so I did, he looked at me
and smile, but I could see sadness hidden in it, I shook it off since it's not possible
The marriage went by fastly as if he already made all necessary arrangement,
even before he proposed, I didn't get to spend much time with my brother,
His name is Mavis, everybody in our school knows he is my brother now
Though we have a different surname, he is Okafor and I bears the name of my father, Arinze
He hardly speaks to me in school, after the marriage my mother and I left the one room we live in and moved into Mr. Bright 2 rooms apartment. He shares one room with my mother, I have the other room, which originally belongs to Mavis, he willingly gave it to me and now sleeps in the palour.
Mr. Bright promised that he will soon find a suitable apartment.
Am currently building up the courage to go talk to my crush Oliver, I already practiced what to say
"Can I talk to you?" I said nervously then he turn giving me that killer smile
"Go ahead," he said and I almost moaned at the sound of his voice
Before I can say my next word I felt a chill on my back, it ran down to my butt
"Oops, you wet yourself, cupcake" I heard my demonic brother from behind me,
I turned seeing him holding bottle water, he just poured water on me, did I forget to mention he makes my life a living hell, and I can't even report him to our parents cause I don't want to cause quarrel and make them choose sides.
"Am coming" I heard Oliver called after his friends and left me after giving me a mocking look
It took me a lot of courage to stand before him, now my brother shattered my hope
"Why do you keep tormenting me?" I asked with closed eye trying my best not to cry
"Cause it's fun, cupcake" he whispered to my ear
"And for the last time, my name is not cupcake, devil," I said with close teeth then walked away
Cause I know I can't keep down my tears for long, I don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry
"Neither is my name devil," he said to me, I kept walking since am already crying, I heard him giggle and that made me hate him more, he is truly the devil.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Khriztarl(f): 1:57pm On May 25, 2020
Seated.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Faithfulmartins(m): 9:48pm On May 25, 2020
Seconded, your update sweet my belly
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 7:43am On May 26, 2020
Chapter 2
When we came home the house was empty, always is by this time if the day,
my mother still works in the bank, my new dad works as a manager in a beer distributing company,
they plan to save up and open up something for mom so she will quit the bank job
"So what are we going to eat cupcake?" the devil asked, I kept him quiet am still mad at him, am always mad at him
"Oh, are you still mad cupcake?" He asked, seeing him now people will think he is a good boy
"Let go of me devil," I said with closed teeth
"Come on that was an accident," he said, I don't want to report him to our parents cause he behaves in front of them, and he makes everything he does to me, look like an accident.
"Come on I bet the boss left some money for us," he said.
It surprising he never calls his father dad but boss,
even their relationship seems like friends, not dad and son,
he left to go check where our parents leave money
"Found it," he said, waving the money on my face "so what will you eat?" he asked, he's mostly good at home, I said mostly.
"I would like noodles," I said, he just nodded and gave me my share of the money
I didn't bother asking him what he wants, I just went to my room, more like his room,
he always allows me to change first before coming in to change, he still has his stuff here.
Am cooking now and also making a call, am speaking with Martha,
the only one that knows of my feelings for Oliver, the phone is from our parents,
we use it to call them in case of emergency, mom will be mad if she sees me cooking and making a phone call
"So how did the conversation went?" she asked, she knew of my plans to talk to Oliver
"Ruined," I said and she gasped
"How?"
"By my devil brother," I said as I squeeze the spoon am holding, am waiting for the noodles to be done.
"Are you not done with the noodles," he said as he entered the kitchen, I guess it's true what they say, speak of the devil and he appears.
"How is that your business," I barked at him
"Cause I want to boil water, cupcake," he said with a smirk
"For the last time, am not cupcake," I said and stomped off,
"I hate him," I said to Martha
"That's what brothers do," she said trying to sympathise with me.
"Call me later, mom needs her phone." she said, yea, she uses her mothers' phone
"Alright," I said and cut the call as I went back to check my noodles,
The devil is already standing by the corner drinking tea, he drinks tea a lot so I don't need anybody telling me it is his favourite. I gave him a stink eye and dished out my noodles.
I left the kitchen for him since his presences turn my tummy,
I went to my fortress, my room. I breathe in and out and took a few seconds to calm my nerves and flush out the devil from my thought, I always use the fantasy of Oliver to flush him out, works always.
"Now noodles, time to face demolition." I said and smiled, but my face changed as the first spoon has more salt in them than seawater,
How can noodles have salt, then it struck me, the devil did it. I rushed out to give him a piece of my mind but he already left, no doubt to play football, we don't always wash our uniforms, but today I have to.
I threw away the noodles, in a way my mom won't see it,
I then took money from my savings to buy another, I don't want soup
Am not angry much, am happy I have some time alone, after washing my uniform and eating,
I brought out a picture I took with Oliver, it was our Jss 2 when we played King and Queen in our party
I smiled as I look at his perfect face, he might have been mine today if the devil didn't ruin it. Well, there is always another day.
"The bosses are home" I heard the devils voice, he was nudging me, I must have fallen asleep while thinking of Oliver
"Good evening boss," he said to his dad
"Good evening boss lady," he said to mom, how can he show them all his good side and me the bad side.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Khriztarl(f): 2:41pm On May 27, 2020
Hmmm. Interesting piece.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 3:52pm On May 27, 2020
Chapter 3
"So how was your day kids," my mom asked after I greeted them
"Fine" the devil answered before me, not that I want to tell our parents everything.
"Come honey, let's go freshen up" dad said to mom, it's not even weird when I call him dad, and he has been super sweet to me, I have a feeling I might rely on him more than mom in the future.
"Sure boss, when you come out the food will be ready," the devil said again with an innocent look, I want to shred off that innocency and show people the devil he is.
"Go prepare their food, cupcake," he said to me, more like ordered me
"Am not your maid" I said, he laughed
"I never said you were, am just reminding you of your duty," he said and walked into the room.
I went to prepare the food since it's my duty actually, I wonder how much of his prank I can take before I spill.
Am running to school, our parents always leave very early, leaving us both, so he now went inside the bathroom and wasted a lot of time, he also hid my bag that I had to search for it, before I am done I was already late for school. He is such a devil, how can someone like this exist.
"You are to clear the field after school," the senior prefect told us, the late comers, I hardly come late, but the devil living with me made sure I did.
"Why is you bag dripping water," Oliver asked, and I froze as I heard his voice, it's always a melody to my ear
"Can't you hear me?" he said again and I turned to look at him, I didn't notice he is also among the latecomers
"What," I said sharply,
"I said your bag, is dripping water" he repeated then left, maybe I came out too sharply, I busted another chance with him, then I realized what he said, I pulled off my bag to check. It's truly dripping, I opened the bag to see a can of water in my bag, it's not covered tightly so it soaked my bag and books. My heart hurts, how can a brother treat his sister like this. What did I ever do to him.
I didn't even confront him, I cried so much already and confronting him will make me cry more, I looked at him, he is seated at the back, he is tallest and also one of the oldest, am 13 and he is 15, most guys fear him and he hardly makes friends. At first, I wanted to change that and make him socialize, but seeing the devil he is, it's better he is alone.
"Have you dried them?" Martha asked, I gave her a nod, it's already afternoon so most of it is dried
"Look at the bright side, you have Oliver to work with," she said and my mood lifted up, the prefect, gave me and Oliver a portion to work together.
"Maybe I will tell him then" I said and looked at his side, he is chatting with his guys, he is so perfect, not like the devil I know, I now looked at him, he is looking at the window, looking angry, is the window provoking him now, I rolled my eyes, then as I regain my vision he has his eyes on me, the angry expression is gone, he smiled at me and mouthed cupcake. I faced front for I know that's him devising another prank.
I left to clear the part after school, am already practicing what to say to Oliver and how I will accidentally push him down, with me on top him then lay one on him, I can already imagine what our wedding will be like.
"So can we start" I heard him say, he is here, time to put everything in motion. But first let's start clearing the bush
"Good," I said, I can feel my face heating up.
We are like new couples clearing their farmland, I love the way he held his cutlass, it's so manly, I focused on my work and thinking what to say. A chill ran over me, only one person gives me such chill, I looked up to see the devil talking to my Oliver, this can't be good
"Thanks," Oliver said, am confused, I didn't hear what he told him "I will be going, Esther, your brother is really cool," Oliver said and took off
"What did you do!" I barked at him
"Nothing, just relieved him of his duties cupcake," he said

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 3:56pm On May 27, 2020
Chapter 4
"How?" I asked
"I told him to leave, that I will do his part," he said like he just did a good thing
"And once again you ruined my plan" I barked at him "you were the one that even made me late in the first place," I said, God just kill him
"I thought you would be happy that I relieved your crush," he said angrily, and I gasped, is it that obvious "well I relieved him, doesn't mean I relieve you, as a matter of fact, I just worsen your case," he said with a wicked grin
"What do you mean?" I asked nervously
"I mean, I won't help you out cupcake," he said, and my eye widened
"Then why did you make him go," I said as I felt the tears starting to warm up.
"Cause your misery happens to be my amusement," he said with a sinister smile.
"I will just go home," I said and he giggled
"Then you and your crush will be punished," he said nonchalantly,
"I will tell them, you are the cause"
"I will say that I tried to help, you forced me to go home and leave the work, that Oliver is a fool for leaving, I begged and you refused" he said looking at me, and I know that will bring more problem with Oliver, I bit my lower lips to hold down my tears.
"I never thought hating you more is possible, how wrong, cause I just did," I said as tears welled up
"Isn't that splendid cupcake," he said, then left me to clear the whole field, how much more will I take before I report him. I fear that if I report him, it might affect the happy marriage my mom has, cause our parents might be forced to choose sides. Besides, I have no evidence of what he is doing it to me.
Earlier I thought by now I will be in the arms of Oliver, now am alone clearing the field, my hand is already paining me, that devil will be at home by now done with his chores, God I hate him. I hate him more whenever people say he is handsome, I wish they can see pass his angelic face and see the devil he is.
The devil continued making my life a living hell, my Jss 3 is something I will never forget because of him, sometimes he won't play any prank on me, even up to a week, when I think he has forgotten all about me he will come at me with a bigger prank. Today is our last paper, I know this will be last chance to tell Oliver so am determined not to let it slip.
After the paper, everybody was jubilating, except the devil who is just standing and watching, he doesn't have friends, he doesn't want to, cause I hear stories of how he turned down girls that want to date him, even from the senior class, some even begged me to help them. I wonder what they see in him, they should just look past his handsomeness and see the ugliness in him. I search the crowd to see my Oliver and friends throwing sachet water at each other, some of the girls are included. I took my time to look at him, that's the guy I want to be with, he is good, humble and good looking, I know girls say the devil is the most handsome, I think they are all blind.
Oliver with his low cut, tall and dark, a smile that stops my heart every time, his red lips, I keep dreaming of kissing that lips, I want my first kiss to be with him. He is the light that I use to fight away that devil, though it's no longer working, I think the devil has dominated my thinking and every cell, I need to get closer to that light so that he will dispel the darkness. I started moving my feet towards Oliver, this is it, my last chance to tell him my mind, I fear he might reject me but I have hope he won't, even if he doesn't like me, he is such a gentleman that he won't turn me down cruelly, unlike a certain devil I know.
I stopped when the devil appeared in front of me, with his signature smirk
"Hello Cupcake," he said, then poured red oil on me, I felt it from my head as it went down my face and body
"Why?" I asked as I felt my heart tightened, tears are already coming up. I noticed the crowd go silent, that means all eyes are on me
He leaned down to meet my eyes "cause your misery is my amusement"
"I hate you," I said, it's visible in my eyes how much I despise him, he is cancer to me, "what did I ever do to you," I said with tears rushing down, he didn't say anything just looking angry, how have I offended him.
"The principal is coming" a student screamed, everybody took on their heels, I looked and saw Oliver leaving, my dream is once again shattered by the devil, I also left like everyone else with tears and so much hatred.
When I got home am already exhausted, I manage to bath, then went to my room, I brought out Oliver's picture like I normally do when I feel the devil winning
"How can someone be this wicked," I said, then I heard the door opened, it was the devil, I don't need to look up to know cause his presence is already giving me the chill, then I felt the bed deepened, he is on the bed, he rarely does that.
"When everything seems right, when your dream seems near that you just have to stretch your hand and grab it, when you have forgotten all about me, when your world is yours to spin" he placed his hands on my feet and I jerked it off, he disgusts me "then I will be back to change everything" he said then left. I didn't understand what he was saying but I know its bad, that something worse is coming, I cried myself to sleep. Instead of dreaming of Oliver I dreamt of the devil
When I woke up it was already 10 am, wow I slept all through,
its Saturday I wonder why nobody woke me
Not even the devil.
I slowly came out of the room,
mom will be busy in the kitchen by now
Dad will be gisting him, that's how lovely they are
I was surprised when I saw only mom in the kitchen
"Good morning mom"
"Finally awake" she mocked
"Sorry mom, was super tired," I said and sat at the kitchen stool
I normally clean the toilet and bathroom and my room,
Then the devil clean the sitting room and our parents' room,
I wash mom's cloth, he washes dad, so our duties are shared.
"Let me go clean up the toilet," I said as I stood up to leave.
"It is already been taking care off," she said, and it surprised me
"How?" I asked
"Mavis did all the cleaning last night," he said, that's impossible,
The devil has never made my life easy,
Now I remembered what he said yesterday, I got scared
And it amplified when I remembered the dream
"Where is he?" I asked as I felt my throat tightened,
"Honey he left," my mom said as she seasoned the soup.
Yea by this time he will be at the field,
So I decided to confront him when he is back
"Where is dad?" I asked as I didn't see him anywhere
"He is the one driving him there," she said, now am all confused
"Driving him where?" I asked, the field he plays ball is not far from here
So where did he drove him
"Thought he said he already told you everything," she said, giving me full attention
"Told me what"
"He is going to be living with his aunt from now on," my mom said and my eye widened
"He left this morning?" I asked
"Yes," she said sadly
"I thought it would be next week," I said, playing along,
That devil never told me anything. I looked down and took a deep breath
"Sorry honey, he left already" my mom patting my back
She thinks am sad, my happiness knows no bound
Finally, the devil is no more, I walked to my room to really breath in my freedom and happiness

A/N. The devil is gone, cupcake is now free

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 12:08pm On May 28, 2020
Chapter 5
Everything has been perfect since the devil left
Though work at home seems more, I still love it
The holiday will soon be over I pray Oliver would still be our student
The devil calls from time to time, I always manage to escape talking to him
His voice will bring back memories which am fighting hard to forget
He is not coming back, even if he does I think things will be different
"Come honey" I heard my mom called, so I rush to her
"Here" she passes the phone over to me, I looked at her with narrowed vision
"Say hello to your brother," she said and a chill ran down my body
"Hello" I manage to utter, no reply, did the line go dead, that would be lovely
"Hello" I repeated just to be sure
"Hello Cupcake" his deep voice came through, you know, that type they write in novels
"Dev... Mavis"
"You wanted to call me devil" he chuckles, I just rolled my eyes
"Don't you dare roll your eyes on me cupcake" he said sounding amused
how the hell did he know
"Have you seen any school you like?" I asked ignoring his comment
"Sure, will be starting next week," he said in a bored tone
"We resume next week too"
"Don't miss me much," he said. As if I will
"Be good, over there," I said and looked at my mom, she is gone "devil," I said and hung up
"Mom here is your phone," I said as I entered their room.
"Good, sit down I want to tell you something," she said, hmmm I wanted some alone time
"What?" I asked pretending to be interested.
"We would be moving to our own house next month" she squealed and my eye widened
Since when do we have a house
"What do you mean"
"Your father has been building, a bungalow, even before he met me, it was sort of slow but steady, it's finally done." she said
"Wow" that's all I can say, nobody ever tells me thing in this family.
"So next month we move, and upper month I open a supermarket, we already save enough money." she said dreamily.
You see, as the devil left, good things happen, I pray he never comes back
Am not a bad sister.
Everything in my life is splendid, the devil is no more
Am now in ss1, and yes am still crushing on Oliver
I couldn't make my move cause he dating Amina
A girl in our class, but I have hope I know things will be fine
As long as the devil is no more, our new house is splendid
Four rooms apartment, I always describe it as cute
Am also super close with dad, but I just hate it when he brings up the devil
And in dads eyes, that devil is an angel
My mom's supermarket is now on the next level, I can't wish for a better life
It's been two years mom got married and no issue
Though dad is really not concerned mom is stressed
I know things will be fine, as long as the devil is not in sight.
"So girl have you given up on him yet?" Martha asked, she knows everything
"Nope, I will wait, you know all good things come to those who wait," she said the last phrase with me
"Soon our ss1 will be over and we will be a step closer to being the school prefects," she said happily
"Yes" am happy too, cause these present prefects bully's a lot, though not close to that devil
Being the most intelligent girl in school I might get the assistant prefect
Oliver is the brightest in both boys and girls, so he is definitely going to be the senior prefect
He is also good at football, so he might be the game prefect.
But if he becomes the senior prefect and I the assistant, that means I will have more time with him
I just have to study harder so I won't miss that post
"Look" Martha tapped me, showing me Oliver with Amina,
"Isn't he perfect" I drooled
"Are not jealous? he is with another," she said
"Nop" I answered, I don't believe one has to be jealous when such things happen,
I know he will be mine one day then why get jealous
"Sometimes I wonder the type of love you have," she said and walked past me
One day when she falls for someone, she will know I thought to myself then followed her,
We are on our way home

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2020
Chapter 6
I help my mother on the weekends, today is Friday so I decided to go help her
Am not really needed much she has 3 sales girls
Just that, I am bored at home, and I get to have shortbread,
"Take this phone, the driver that will bring the goods will soon call," my mom said handing the phone to me
"Give him the direction," she said,
I now have a phone, though not an android, just normal phone for calls
Mainly my parents and Martha, people rarely call me
I wish I have an android, I would be chatting
"Hello" I picked the phone immediately it rang
"Cupcake" his deep tone came out, sending chills down me
"Why are you calling?" instantly my mood changed
"Why are you with boss lady's phone," he asked,
"Cause am waiting for someone to call," I answered
He chuckled "have you finally got a chance with Oliver"
He made me remember all the plans he ruined,
The hate I had for him resurfaced
"Why did you call," I asked
"To ask about things" he replied and I imagined him shrugging
"Things are fine, can you now hang up" my patience is now very thin
"Wait, do you know we hardly breathe with our two nostrils," he said
It surprised me, cause this is so unrelated to our discussion
But what surprised me most is that it's true,
Cause I blocked my right nose and it was difficult to breathe through the other
Showing I wasn't breathing with it earlier
"You just tried it cupcake," he said with a giggle
"No, I didn't" I don't want to give him the satisfaction
"Deny all you want the truth still remains," he said
"And you just placed your palm on your forehead"
How did he know I just did that
"How did you know?" I asked I looking around to make sure he is not back,
"Stop looking around," he said and I gasped
"I know it is what you do whenever you are frustrated, so it's easy to notice cause I frustrated you a lot"
"You devil," I said and he laughed, then I smiled, like really smiled, it lasted for a moment cause my sane part reminded me the devil he is, that moment another call came in, it must be the driver
"Bye," I said cutting him off, I never wanted to be this rude but I panicked
I panicked cause he scared me, I have never been scared of him
I just hate him, but today he scared me because he made me smile.
After the scary moment, my dream of him resurfaced
It hunted me for weeks, how can he have such power even when he is far away
After a while I forgot about it, the excitement of the new class helped
The school will soon resume, and I will be in ss2 then will officially hold a post in the second term
I woke up this night, to finish the novel I started earlier, am a sucker for a romance novel
It's titled "When lightning strikes" I love reading cause I imagine it to be Oliver and me
I was happy when I finished it, I heard a sound as I was about lying down
More like a conversation, my parents normally do it, this time I decided to go eavesdrop
"I pity him, he hardly shows his emotions and he has been through a lot" that's my dad's voice, I just stayed at a corner I can't see them, so they can't see me too
"I know, that's why it's better...... " my mom I couldn't hear her last words "we have already received calls from his aunt, it's becoming too much for her," she said
What are they talking about, I paid more attention even though it's wrong
"He used to be a happy boy, now he only pretends to be happy" he sighed, I can sense his sadness
Whoever they are talking about is quite special, I decided its a private matter and left them, I feel sad for the person, with that I slept off.
School is starting next week, I already got a new uniform, new sandals
Mom will help me with my hair next week on Sunday, so it will be new when I start on Monday
We are all at home its Sunday, my dad doesn't work and my mom leaves the shop for the sales girls
"So honey, your school starts next week" dad ask, yea he also calls me honey
"Yes" I answered absent-minded, am focused on the home movie
"Good, cause your brother will be joining you," he said and that got my attention instantly
"What" I screamed, and he chuckled
"Mavis is coming back," he said and my eye widened, my worse nightmare,
Then I remembered his promise before he left, that devil.
Sadly am now on my way to get Mavis from the junction
Since he doesn't know here, Martha is with me
"Don't worry he might have changed" Martha tried to console me
"Once a devil, always a devil," I said
"If he is still the same, it doesn't matter, cause you have changed," she said
It made me smile, I remember looking at the mirror this morning
Am really gaining weight in the right places, though I know that's not what Martha was talking about
"Yea, I changed, next tomorrow we start a new class and a step closer to prefect" I reasoned
Not that am really interested in being a prefect, I just want Oliver by my side
"You know he is still with Amina," she said, I rolled my eyes
"Yes I know, but I still have hope," I said, I felt chill, as I get closer to the junction
"We are here," Martha said after a while, I looked around hoping to see him,
I saw a tall guy leaning by the tree, his head is hung low he has a headphone on, so I couldn't see his face
But he looks badass with his jean jacket, I smiled then continued searching for the devil
"That guy is so badass," Martha said, I just gave her a nod
"I can't find that devil," I said to Martha, she just shrugged
"Then let's ask him," Martha said pointing at the badass, I smirked at her
She just wants a reason to talk to the guy
"Alright," I said and she moved quickly to the guy and I followed
"Hello," she said, I know the guy won't hear her, cause of the headphone,
But I hope he feels her presences, luckily he did cause he raised his head
My jaw dropped, he is the devil, he looked at Martha with a frown face
Martha is rendered immobile, cause I can see how stiff she is
"What," he said with his deep voice, then his eye caught me and his frown vanished
He gave me the cutest smile I have ever seen
"Cupcake," he said, and I can't help but think how devilishly handsome he is.
"Devil," I said, more like muttered, and once again he scared me.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:57pm On May 30, 2020
Chapter 7
When we got home, Martha left, though she promised to stay till evening
She barely looked at that devil, is she also frightened
"So here is our new home," I said
"Not bad, so where is everybody?" He asked
"It's Saturday, so mom is at the shop dad is at work, though he will soon be back"
Dad rarely go to work on Saturdays, he just nodded and worked around the house
"So where is my room?" he asked and I showed him, "thanks," he said and went inside
He shut the door, I think he is tired and wants to sleep,
so I went to my room too and locked the door
The devil is here now so I should keep my guard up.
I woke up later in the evening, I heard some noise, it seems everybody is back
"So Mavis, how have you been?" my mom asked, they are both in the kitchen
"Been cool," he said, he is helping her out, how come he is this nice to them
I left them to go chat up with dad in the living room
"Honey you're awake," he said
"Yes," I said rubbing my eyes
"When you start school on Monday, inquire how much is your school registration for a new student," he said, obviously for that devil
"Sure dad," I said and he focused on his news
"Time for dinner" my mom came out with the food followed by the devil
Our eyes locked and he smirked, I gave him a stink eyes,
I want to show him I have changed, so he will not think of bullying me
"Hmmm, I certainly missed your food boss lady," he said as he took the first scoop
"Am sure it missed you too" my mom said laughing
They all started eating and kept asking the devil random questions, mainly how he has been.
I have been excited about starting school, now am dreading it, I feel like the good things are about to end
After dinner I went to bed, he didn't try anything funny and am grateful for that
Now let's see how much I have changed, cause I am determined that he won't mess up my plans again.
School started happily, I said happily because Oliver is no longer with Amina
I have no idea what happened but I don't care as long as I have my chance
I already inquire how much for registration for that devil
Am surprised he still hasn't tried anything funny. I rarely see him at home
He always goes to watch ball or play, well it's better we stay out of each other's way
"So how is your brother," Martha asked, she has been asking about him since this week
"He is fine" I replied
"When will he be starting school," she asked and I looked at her suspiciously
"On Monday," I said, she just nodded "Oliver is single again," I said
"Yea, you now have your chance," she said shaking her head
"I definitely won't miss it," I said
"Hi Esther" I heard my name, then turn to see Chike, the disciplinarian
He has been after me since ss1, at first its just normal flirting but now it's becoming too much
And its annoying "what" I barked
"Calm your horses baby girl, I just want to ask you something"
"Ok, what," I said calmly
"Will you be free on Saturday, I want to take you out" he asked
"No" I replied quickly, a lot of guys have been after me, he is the most persistent
"Come on baby girl, I like you and you know it, just give me a chance and I will make you a big girl," he said with a smirk, I laughed at his comment, a blockhead like him
"I will pass," I said "come Martha let's go," I said to Martha
"You will regret this," he said after me, I ignored him and walked home with Martha.
The week flew pass like a breeze, its Monday again, I thought dad will drive me to school
Cause he will be registering the devil, instead he left and said my mom will do the registration
I left late because of that, my mom said they will be coming by 12, when I reached school I was already late, but the senior prefect pardoned me, I could see the disdain on Chike's face.
I don't care I just went to class.
Finally, the devil has been registered, he already brought his desk and chair
Though he didn't start right away, I could see all the girls eyes on him
He didn't even look shy or scared like a new student, in fact, he makes the old ones scared
Martha looks like she is about to wet her pants when the devil walked in to drop his desk
I have a feeling things will change with him here, he just winked at me when our eyes meet
He left without receiving any lesson. Almost every question I received from my classmate today were all about him, the girls were super excited for his return
I wonder if they have not learned their lesson, he literally snubbed them when we were in junior class.
"So are you excited about me starting school," the devil asked
"Just stay clear of my way" I barked he chuckled
"Come on, I live for your misery," he said, the memory of all he did came back
I closed my eyes to calm myself
"Things has changed," I said, am currently trying to cook something
"Not for me it hasn't" he walked behind me and sniffed me, sending chills down me
He walked back and pat my hair like a dog, "am off" he said and left
I stood still and curse myself on how my body reacted to his mere proximity
I made sure to avoid him the whole day. Even left school early tomorrow so I won't go with him
Our class teacher now send me on an errand, to buy her food when I came back I was held among the latecomers
"I went to buy food for my class teacher," I said trying to explain to that blockhead Chike
"You are just trying to escape the punishment," he said
"You can go ask the teacher, here is her food," I said showing him the food but he won't listen
"Of course I can let you go if you agree to my request," he said with a smirk, I rather receive the punishment
So I stretch out my hand for him to flog am tired of explaining myself
"Flog her and I will smash your head" I heard the devils voice
"And who are you"
"The devil"

A/N: Accidental Brother has a book two and its on sale. So if interested chat me up to purchase the book two. I will post the book one till it ends.

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:59pm On May 30, 2020
Chapter 8

"The devil," he said, everybody turned towards him, I did too, the look he has right now
Scared me to the core, I have never seen him this angry, though he appears calm you can see the fury in his eyes
"Are you trying to teach me my job?" Chike barked, the devil said nothing, that's more frightening
He is not yet on his uniform, he is wearing a red T-shirt and black trouser, looking total badass.
The two is now on starring competition, only the devil can cause such a commotion on his first day
"Esther where is the food" I heard my teacher said, that's a relieve
"Here is it" I handed it over to her "just that Chike thought I came late," I said it purposely
"Didn't you explain things to him?" she asked looking at Chike, who has lowered his eyes
"I did," I said
"Am sorry, it was a misunderstanding" Chike said, the latecomers are now murmuring, am sure it's about the devil
"Come let's get to class," the teacher said and I followed her, I turn to see the devil visibly relax
He walked pass Chike and followed us, new students are always pardoned for coming late, am glad for him standing up for me, I will thank him for that,
I waited till break to approach him, I keep looking his way, he seemed relaxed, am sure Chike will be on his back, I also want to warn him about that.
"So, about this morning," I said trying to start a casual discussion with him
"Yes," he said looking amused
"Thanks," I said, I was standing beside his desk
"You think I did it for you?" he asked, I looked at him clearly confused
"Cupcake nobody has the right to bully you except me," he said with a smirk and it all made sense
To him am just a property, a plaything and the Alpha male in him won't let anyone bully me except him
"And I thought you are good," I said with closed teeth, he chuckled
"Cupcake, am not good, never good, am Mavis your devil," he said, making me regret coming so I left.

Everything moved on normally, except for the girls that kept bugging me to talk to the devil
"Come on, help me out" a girl from ss1 is bugging me, it quite tiring
"Why not go talk to him yourself," I asked her
"He hardly stops when someone approaches him," she said, that's what they all say
"Esther, the principal is calling you," Martha said to me, speaking of Martha she rarely comes to my house
"Is anything wrong?" I asked, she just shook head and left, so I ran along
"Come in," the principal said after the first knock, I saw Oliver too, he is here
"Sit down" I sat beside Oliver who gave me the sweetest smile, gosh he is perfect, not that devil why do I have to compare them
"I called you both here to talk to you about the post of prefect" the principal said
Cool my dream is coming true
"Yes," we both said
"I want Oliver as the senior prefect and you the assistant," he said, I wanted to squeal not because of being an assistant, but because I will work with Oliver
"Sure sir," he said, how respectful
"So I want you both to go and make plans on how to work, and also bring me names of candidates for other position," he said "though you will take up the post next term, I think it's better to tell you now," he said
Both Oliver and I were smiling
"Thank you, sir," I said and Oliver nodded
"You can now go," he said and we both left
"So, we are going to be working together," I said as I fiddle with my fingers
"Looks like it" he replied, giving me that killer smile, I refrained myself from moaning
"So when do we meet up to talk about it," I asked
"I don't know yet, I will get back at you, for now, let's get back to class," he said and we both walk back to class. I feel like his girlfriend already, but my bubble burst when I saw Chike approaching.
Now he has to spoil my happiness, I pretended like I didn't see him coming
I just kept walking along Oliver, in my mind am getting ready to trash him if he stops me
By trash, I mean to insult, but to my surprise, he walked past me, that's a first, no actually he has been doing that lately. It started on Monday, he came to school with some bruises
He saw me and walked past me, I thought he just didn't see me, he repeated it I thought it was a coincidence but it just happened again
That means something is up, but I don't mind am just glad he is off my back
When I came inside the class my eyes instantly went over to the devil, it's an involuntary action
It surprises me that I do it always, he is resting his head on his hand looking bored. I rolled my eyes and went to my seat, I will definitely gist Martha on the latest.
"Did you hear the latest" Martha whispered to me, she doesn't want to alert the teacher
Looks like she also has a big news
"What's that," I asked, leaning closer
"There is going to be a party this Friday" there is always a party but we never go,
"Its Emma, that is hosting it, his parents are traveling, and he said it is going to be the last party till they finish waec," she said excitedly, Emma is a senior, very rich background, always host parties, we always hear about the parties on Monday. I and Martha are determined to go one day
"So are we going to attend this one?" she asked, my parents are going to the village this Friday, so am free,
"Yes baby girl we are," I said and her eyes sparked up
"Good, cause everybody will be there, including Oliver," she said wiggling her eyebrows, I rolled my eyes and we focused on the lesson.
Am already thinking of what to wear and how to attract Oliver, I looked at him and he has his attention on the lesson, unlike the devil that looks bored.
Uuuuuh why do I keep comparing him with that devil, still I looked at him and he caught me and smiled, and winked, I froze and averted my gaze.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Faithfulmartins(m): 9:42am On May 31, 2020
Wow! This update is superb!
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:45pm On May 31, 2020
Chapter 9
"Have you heard about the Friday party?" Oliver asked, he came to my desk, its almost dismissal
"Yea," I answered, I stiffed like being held at a gunpoint
"If you can make it, am thinking if we can get to talk more about the prefect stuff," he said scratching the back of his neck, how cute Oliver is shy
"And you know get to know each other more," he said and I was overwhelmed
"Sure, I would love that," I said but actually am already picturing him proposing to me.
"So, a date then," he said and my eyes widened "not like a date date, its a date not date like a date" he balled his hand into a fist "what am I saying" he looks frustrated, a huge part me is happy for making him like this
"I understand what you mean," I said and he relaxed
"Friday then," he said and left but not before giving me his gorgeous smile.
On Friday I went to our school field to see him, the boys always practice on Friday.
I also saw that devil, he is now among our school footballers, I heard he is good, some say he is the best. I don't mind
"So what time do you think the party is starting," I asked Oliver
"Just come by 10," he said, he is all sweaty, but I think it's sexy, he went back to practice after our little chat
Again I involuntarily search for the devil, and sure he has his eyes on me looking furious, that can only mean one thing, he is going to bully me once he gets back. I gave him a hard stare and he just shook his head and continued his football.
"Devil" I muttered then left. When I got home mom and dad are already preparing to leave
"Where is Mavis" mom asked
"He is still in school, football practice," I said she gave me a nod
"We are going, tell him when he gets back, we will call you guys," mom said
"Be good and take care of him" dad said and they both left. The only thing on my mind right now is the party
"The cats away, the mice will play" I sang as I went to my room to prepare my dressing
"Oliver, you will be mesmerized," I said
"I strongly advice against this party," the devil warned me and I scoffed
"Good thing I never listen to you" I barked, he shook his head and gave me a pitiful look
"The boss will hear about it," he said, oh now he is threatening me
"You wouldn't dare, and if you do I will say its a lie, cause I have never done such before" I smiled, I know they will believe me
"Just..... Be safe" he said and went into his room, that left me dumbstruck, who is he
The devil never cared for my well being, but since am too excited to meet Oliver I waved it.
At 10 pm I heard a knock on my door, I know its Martha, mom, and dad already called to tell us they reached
"So baby girl, are you ready for the best night" I squealed as I opened the door, she looks amazing, wearing a red gown, she is putting on a wig, wow I never thought of that
It made her appear hot and matured unlike me that have my cornrows
"Don't worry I got you covered" she said and brought out another wig, I screamed, damn I love this girl.
She redid my make up, making me hotter, I now look like a superstar with my royal blue gown.
"Isn't Mavis coming?" Martha asked as we stepped out
"Nop, who would want that devil to come," I said and went ahead with Martha on my trail
When we got to the party its already a blast, we all came with our school ID that's the invitation to know you are our student.
"You sure took your time" I heard Oliver's voice, I shut my eyes to gather myself, then opened it
"Did you wait long" I turned, I heard Martha laughed at my comeback
"Am over there" Martha said and left us both, you see this is the reason I love her
Wow this is going to fun, I said as I took the drink Oliver offered me, am not such a good girl, my dad some times gives me alcohol so it's not a new thing to me, we both started talking, you can say we hit it off immediately.
"So you like the party?" He asked
"Hmmmm, too early to say," I said
"Then let me make you say," he said and took me to the dance floor, am so happy I think I will melt.
We have been dancing for like an hour, though I was holding back
Reason, because my best dance is twerking, I know it will give me a lot of attention but it will make me appear slutty, so I was just moving around,
"Come on dance harder" Oliver prompt me but I couldn't free myself
"Am thirsty can you get me something" I said and Oliver left to get me water, I took a deep breath
I search the crowd to see Martha dancing with Mike, he is our classmate,
People are busy dancing then it surprised me when I saw some guys smoking
Now this isn't what I pictured, I know parties that have smokers ends in a fight
Now I remembered the devils warning, suddenly I want to leave
"Cupcake" I heard his voice even in all this music, I turn to see the devil
"What are you doing here?" I asked, so he came even when he warned me not to
"No time to argue, let's go," he said with a firm voice, does he think am his property
"Am not going anywhere" I said, I don't want to be pushed around, he wasn't even listening cause he grabbed my wrist and dragged me out, I didn't want to create a scene so I went with him, I looked back to see Martha rushing behind us. I guess I will apologize to Oliver on Monday
"I forgot my purse," I said, I left it on the sofa I sat with Oliver, I tried to go back into the house, I got stuck when I saw Emma's parents drove in, now am glad the devil came for me
"Let's bail, the parents are here," I said, am glad am already outside the compound
"You slowpoke, isn't you ID in your purse," the devil said and I realize how much trouble I will be if the parents find it
"Are you with yours? " I asked Martha and she nodded
"Go home, I will take care of it," the devil said, I tried to object "now" he persisted and I ran home with Martha
I even have no other way to retrieve the purse and am so glad the devil came to my rescue
"Your brother sure saved the day," Martha said as we are going home
"Sure he did," I said as I fear what will happen if he gets caught.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:47pm On May 31, 2020
Chapter 10
When I got home I kept pacing around, the devil is not yet back, I hope he is not captured
Its already 1 am and he is not back, we left by 12, I can't believe I will one day worry about that devil, and I hate it when he called me slowpoke, he never for once called me names, it really weakened me when he did. Relieve flush over me when I saw him walked in
"You are back" I rushed over to me, he looked taken back
"Awww, so you were worried about me" he mocked me, I was, but I won't let him know
"Am just worried you won't find my ID, and I will be in trouble" I said
"Hmmm, you have so little faith in me cupcake," he said handing over my purse, I checked to see my ID, "since everything is in order, I will head to bed," he said with a yawn.
I wonder if he has been there or just came, but am glad he came on time to save me, I so want to thank him but knowing this devil, he won't let me live it down
"Were you caught?" I asked, since when he went back Emma's parents are already inside and students are running helter-skelter
"Don't worry about that cupcake all is well" he said then stopped as he was about to enter his room "you are no slowpoke" he said then shut the door behind him, I felt relieved with his last statement, and then comes the scary part when I realize I have a smile on my face.
"Get hold of yourself Esther" I muttered then went into my room, as I lay on my bed I started reminiscing on what happened today. It was just perfect, I hope Oliver got out if I have his number I would've called. Nonetheless, I will see him on Monday.
When our parent came home on Sunday, I thought the devil will report me but he didn't, he actually said the weekend went freely, truthfully the nicer he is the more scared I am, it's like the calm before the storm, and it kills me when he looks my way and smirk.
I was on an edge the entire weekend, I relaxed a little when Monday came, it had a lot to do with seeing Oliver, yea definitely. With him, in my mind, I went to school with enthusiasm.
When I came to school I looked for Oliver, I went to him immediately I saw him
"So how did you go on Friday?" we asked together
"My brother came and took me before they arrived" I answered first and he sighed, he looked relieved
"What about you?" I asked
"I ran when they arrived, I looked for you but couldn't find you so I figured you left," he said with a shrug
"Am glad we are both safe" I said giving him a cute smile, he returned the gesture
"I heard some people were caught, and will severely be punished today," he said, and I felt sorry
"It ought to happen, they were smokers in there, no parents will be happy about that," I said as I remembered the smokers
"Thank God we weren't, come on let's get to class," he said and we both walked to class. When we entered I involuntarily again look at the devils' side, but he wasn't there, and some of our classmates are not.
"Where are some of our classmate, am sure they didn't drive anybody for school fees," I said to Martha.
"Nop, they were all sent to the principals' office," Martha said sadly, she is really sad
"Why?" I asked
"They were the ones caught on Friday," she said and my eye widened, then I looked at the devils' desk, he is still not there
"Is the devil among?" I asked, already feeling my chest tightened
"Yes," she answered, now I know why she is sad, cause the devil is caught and it's my fault.
Guilt hit me like never before, am not even worried if he exposes me, I will be glad if he does, I kept looking at the entrance hoping he will come in looking so badass like he always does. Time seems to go slower and teaching became noise to my ears, and it was Economics, my favourite subject.
After what seemed like forever, the student came back, the guys eyes are red, as for the girls they were all crying, but the devil was not among them, maybe he is not among those that are punished or his own is worse, am already chewing my nails as I couldn't keep calm.
"He's back" I heard Martha, so I looked at the entrance and sure as hell, the devil is back looking total badass, unlike the guys he doesn't seem to be in pain. My lips curve into a smile, he is unpunished
"Your brother is a monster" I heard Tina said I turned to her, she is among those that were punished, her eyes are still red from the tears
"What do you mean?" I asked, I know he is the devil though
"It was chemistry teacher that flogged us," she said and I gasped, the man is most feared, I couldn't even withstand two strokes of Cain from him.
"You know, since it was Emma that hosted the party and he already paid for waec and so have all the ss3 so they can't be expelled, for that reason expulsion was off the option," she said and took a breath
"So the principal gave us two option, either 2 weeks suspension or Cain, since we don't want our parents to know about what happened we all chose Cain, but all regretted it when we found out that its chemistry teacher that will do the flogging" I can't begin to imagine the pain, luckily they said nobody was asked to call names of the culprit, they all served as scapegoat.
"So he gave us 10 strokes of Cain," she said, Martha and I gasped, I would pass out on the 5th one, "well some couldn't handle 10, people like me got only 6 but its still hell," she said, I know cause that man is a demon
"So what made my brother monster," I asked, truthfully it angered me she called him a monster
"He received 15 strokes of Cain and still didn't budge," she said like she still can't believe herself, Martha and I exchanged a glance
"What, why?" I asked as my chest tightened again
"Since he appeared like the Cain was just a scratch, the teacher kept flogging, and each one harder than previous one" she shook her head, "he stop cause the principal asked him to" then I looked at the devil, he's resting his head on his hand, tears welled up my eyes. I kept thinking about his pain and it was because of me.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Chapter 11
The whole teaching was just a shout to a deaf ear, I kept looking his way, now that I need to see his face he didn't even look my side. After the break, I tried to go meet him, but he has already gone before I reached him only to come back when the lesson resumed.
I decided to approach him after school, he doesn't seem to be in pain but I know the chemistry teacher flogging is out of this world, we even believe he is military.
I was so glad when I heard the dismissal bell, I quickly arranged my books I look at his side to see that Martha has already beat me to it, she is talking with the devil. I quickened my pace to meet up
"Hello Esther" Oliver called and I stopped
"Whatsup," I asked, with a smile, its just automatic
"I have been meaning to ask you something," he said nervously
"What?" I asked giving him full attention, Martha has already left with the devil, what's the hurry I will meet him at home
"It might come as a shock, it's been what I have been thinking for a long time," he said and went a bit back, we are now the only ones in the class "it definitely takes a lot of courage for me to be here" he giggled
"Since you are already here, spill it," I said, I felt happy, am not a novice I already know what he's driving at.
"I like you, like really like you, can you be my girlfriend?" he asked and looked at me expectantly
This is what I have been dreaming for so long and finally, it's here, I don't even want to have pride and say I will think about it cause I have thought about it for years, I smiled
"I would love to," I said and his face lit up, he came closer, I guess he wants a kiss cause he first looked around to see if we are alone
"Not so fast" I held him back, and he laughed nervously "let's take it slow," I said, am already content enough to be his girlfriend
"Yea baby steps," he said and I smiled, I love I make him nervous "but I can at least hold your hands," he asked and I nodded, he intertwined our hands and the smile widened
Am so going to give an earful to Martha, we walked home hand in hands, now I have to show my appreciation.
When I got home he already left to play ball, hmm I came back late cause with Oliver I didn't rush, I wanted to savour everything. After doing my shores I received a call from mom so I went to the store to help out, I guess I will see him when am back.
The store made it possible to keep my mind off things. Its already late when we came home, on getting to the doorsteps I was hearing dad's voice.
"It's not been up to 2 months you came back and you already caused a commotion" I heard him, I was confused when I came in and saw him shouting at the devil
"What's wrong honey," my mom asked
"I got a call from the principal, he told me Mavis was in a party with smokers and gangsters," he said with much anger, and guilt hits me like a car going 120 per hour. This is all my fault, the school and now here, I looked at him, he's looking down, what have I done.
The guilt worsened when I remembered he warned me, my chest tightened, the happiness I felt with Oliver's confession was not enough to clear this sadness.
I tried to speak up to tell them its all my fault but the devil looked at me and I got the chill, its as if he has a spell over me, all reasoning left me, the intensity in his eyes compelled me to be quiet.
"Am sorry boss, it was just a momentary mistake, it won't happen again" he said
"Forgive him honey, am sure he won't do it again" my mom beg on his stead, I can't even do anything
"It better not, now go to your room and no dinner for you," he said and the devil went to his room, I watched him go.
I couldn't eat dinner, how can I after inflicting such pain on someone else, I made sure that my parents are asleep when I prepared his favourite, its just tea, and bread. I know it's not enough, but its a start
"Come in" he said after my second knock, I came in, he was facing his wardrobe, thereby backing me, his light is still on he just finished bathing, my eyes caught the Cain marks on his back, it was hideous, I went forward to touch it, but I was late cause he already wore his shirt before I reach
"So to what do I owe this visit?" he asked as he turns around
"Here," I said holding out the tray with tea and bread, he smiled, that his devilish smile
"Thanks, cupcake" he took it and went to his bed to eat it, I knelt down
"Thank you for everything, and am sorry," I said with tears, he laughed
"I bet now you are thinking, that am your hero," he asked and I raised my eyes to him, though I didn't admit it it's true, he came down and knelt in front of me, so close I felt his warmth
"I told you already, am Mavis you devil," he said and my eyes widened "devil don't do things for free, he always collects," he said, then help me stood up
"What will be your fee," I asked as am determined to pay since it will help calm my guilt, he walked behind me and sniffed my hair sending chills down my spine
"You dear, will become my slave," he said and I gasped

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
Chapter 12
"What!" I said and jerked away, he giggled,
"So do you agree?" he asked,
"No way" there is no way am going to accept this, I move towards the door
"Where are you going cupcake," he asked
"Am going to go tell mom and dad everything, and make things clear tomorrow with the principal," I said
"Then what will happen to the pain I endured, will you still be happy after that?" he asked and I remembered the scar, truthfully I won't be, why does he always have an upper hand
I went back and stood before him, I knelt down before him as I felt defeated, I felt his shadow tower over me like the bogeyman.
"Get up, go sleep for tomorrow you start," he said and I stood up, I hate he always defeats me, I thought things changed, but obviously nothing did.
I walked towards the door but stopped when he called, funny how obedient I became
"Your first duty is to do my morning chores and carry my back bag to school" he said and I nodded "you just don't nod to your master, you say 'yes master'" he said I look to see him with a proud smirk, I wish I can wipe the floor with it
"Yes master," I said
"You can leave," he said and I left with a heart full of regret.
Sure enough I did everything he asked I came to school with his bag while he just walked with nothing, I never asked when this will end
"Why are you with your brother's bag," Martha asked
"Don't ask" I said sadly and she pitied me, this is going to be a disaster.
Our first period is free, since the teacher didn't come to school, my sad features were erased when I saw my boyfriend coming towards me, I haven't even told Martha about it yet
"Hi Esther," he said beaming me a smile
"Hi" I replied
"Since the teacher is not here, am hoping I could spend time with you," he said, how charming
"Sure, am not doing anything" I replied, he took Martha seat, she is with Oge gisting leaving the seat, am glad for that
"First before I forget, can I have your number," he said showing me his android phone. Phones are prohibited but few do sneak in a phone, I don't, am afraid of getting caught.
"Alright," I said and gave him my number, he saved it with dearest, I blushed when I saw it, he then winked at me, I smiled. It's cute, unlike that devil's wink that sends chills down your spine.
"Cupcake" I gasped when I heard his voice from behind, damn speak of the devil
"I have work for you," he said totally ignoring Oliver
"Dude can you give her a minute?" Oliver asked nicely
"No" the devil replied rudely "come on slave am waiting," he said and went back to his chair
"Slave?" Oliver asked
"I will explain later," I said then went on to answer the devil, he broke my heart by his word, I thought only those you love can break your heart. The devil just did.
"What do you need me for?" I asked as serious as I can
"I have some notes to copy, my hand is tired so why not help me and complete them," he said with a shrug like he didn't just break my heart
"I can do it later, the teacher only check the note on the last week before the exam" I tried to reason with him
"Do it now, you are not doing anything now" he said, chatting with my boyfriend is obviously nothing to him.
"Alright master. So can I have it" I asked and he smirked. He opened his desk and brought out his whole note, 10 subjects in total "which one?" I asked
"All of it" I gasped, then opened them, he has not even written anything, we are now in 7th week and he has not written anything.
"How am I suppose to finish this," I asked, its time to start reading for the exam.
"Don't know don't care, just finish it all" he said, what sort of deal did I make with him.
"Ok, let me take just one for now," I said and he nodded, I took his biology notebook, I will use mine to copy. When I returned Oliver is already gone, Martha is back. I opened my desk to bring out my biology note. I saw a note from Oliver "wait for me after school" I smiled, he always brings a smile to my face
"So what's up?" Martha asked, that's our way to know each other life
"Oliver confessed," I said and she gasped, I told her everything apart from the slave part
"Am happy for you" she said
"So yours?" I asked, her parents are always fighting and it affects her, she is the strongest girl I know, for she always stays strong.
"They are still at it," she said sadly
"Things will be fine," I said and she nodded. Then I started the note
"What are you doing?" she asked
"Writing that devils note," I said disgustingly, she smiles
"You should stop calling him devil, he actually saved you" it's true but am paying for it "come on let me help you, he saved us both," she said and took the note from me, I felt relieved I still have to tackle the other nine.
Not long after, our next period started. So we suspended everything. When the school dismissed, I Went outside to wait for Oliver, I ditched that devil
"Hello Esther" I heard his voice, I turned to him "did you wait long?" he asked I shook my head
"Come on let's go," I said and he intertwined our hands, this is a habit I won't drop
"Are you forgetting your duty" I heard the devils voice and my world crumbled
I turned to see him with his bag, I thought I ditched him
"I know he is your sister, but treat her nicely," Oliver demanded with anger
"You are right, she is my sister so whatever I do is not your concern" he glared at Oliver
"Am her" I stopped Oliver before he finished his sentence
"We will see tomorrow, just leave for now" I begged him, he left after glaring at the devil
"Here carry this" he handed his bag to me, it was very heavy
"Why is it this heavy?" I asked as I struggled with it
"I loaded all my notebook since it will all be at home till you finish it all," he said and casually walked before me
"You could have just taken it one at a time, why do you always cause me pain" I cried, not really showing him the tears
"Remember cupcake, your misery is my amusement"

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Faithfulmartins(m): 3:28am On Jun 02, 2020
This Guy is really a devil
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
Chapter 13
How is it possible to have your heart broken twice a day by the same person, when we got home I quickly finished our chores and started the note, luckily Martha took the biology home. I received a call from an unknown number, I instantly knew its Oliver
"Hello" I answered sounding as sexy as I can
"Hello Esther, is me, Oliver," he said, and I smiled
"I know" I replied, we started chatting, I dropped my pen and concentrated on my boyfriend, he makes me so happy, I have a feeling that I will kiss him soon.
"So you even have time to make a call" the devil barked
"I already finished one," I said blocking the mouthpiece of the phone
"You are done when I say so" he looks angry, he should know am angrier
"Am talking to my boyfriend" I said and he started laughing a throaty laugh, it sounded so rich but I still hate him.
"Your relationship won't last," he said, what nerves,
"Who made you the judge" I barked at him "and what do you know about love" I glared at him
"You will be surprised," he said "well just finish up," he said and went to bed. I forgot about Oliver while talking to this devil, he already hung up when I finished, I tried calling back but I don't have airtime. Once again I was defeated by that devil.
I tried as much to enjoy my time with Oliver even when the devil tends to come between us, Oliver always tells me that he gives him attitude when they practice, I confronted the devil about it he waved me off. And am still his slave, Martha is acting weird, especially around the devil.
"Oliver has a bleeding nose" I heard one of the students said, he is talking with his friend
"What did you say?" I asked them, they are a junior student
"Oliver is injured" he repeated
"How"
"They said, Mavis punched him," he said, that devil, he stooped so low
"Where is Oliver?" I asked
"He is at the school clinic" he replied and I rushed down there.
He has cotton wool stuck in his nose, am now boiling with anger
"He did this?"I asked and he nodded, he smiled when he saw me, it's still cute even with the cotton wool
"What happened?" I asked
"I mistakenly stepped on him, you know to tackle the ball, he punched me, hence the nose bleed," he said as if he is not in pain
"That monster," I said, yes that's what he is, he just needs a horn to complete it.
"I don't know why he hates me too much," he said, only the devil can hate such an angel like Oliver.
"Am so sorry" I begged
"Don't worry dear, it's not your fault, and besides we are guys so its normal" he said with his smile, ever good Oliver. I helped him home that day, since its already dismissal I didn't see the devil. I rushed home that day, so I will meet him before he leaves for his football practice.
I got home and went straight to his room immediately I got home, am lucky our parents are not home because am about to show the bad side of me, I knocked at his door and he opened. He was surprised when he received a hot slap from me. Yes, I slapped him and it felt so good that I had to do it twice, he looked at me bewildered.
The look on his face is definitely a reward to me, I glared at him
"What's did you just do?" he asked in a low threatening tone
"It's not even enough to calm me down, as if making my life miserable is not enough you have to drag Oliver too," I asked and he smirked like I didn't just slap him earlier
"The punk got what he deserved," he said
"You are a monster and one day you will have your retribution," I said and walked away from him, he is incurable.
The next morning I left early to school, luckily I didn't see him, that's good, that means my day will be good, our parents didn't notice anything, when they call him for dinner last night he said he wasn't hungry, I hope he dies
He wasn't in school today and that was just perfect, Oliver and I had the best time of our lives, everything is perfect except Martha who kept bugging me about the devil. I went to the canteen to buy pie when I saw Chike, Emma and some group of guys talking about yesterday's ordeal.
"Dude, that Mavis can throw a damn good punch," Emma said, they don't know am there yet
"Yes, I have received a couple of it," Chike said shaking his head, that means he has fought with the devil.
"Well, he is not the one at fault, Oliver was way out of the line," one of the guys said and they all nod in agreement, what are they talking about
"He has been on his back since this week," Chike said and at that moment he saw me and gasped, I then leave before others noticed me. But what I heard from them is causing a wreck in my heart.
I approached Chike after school I have to find out everything, I ditched Oliver I don't want him to find out
"Hello Chike," I said and he stopped, luckily
"What do you want?" he asked but didn't turn to look at me
"Can you tell me what happened yesterday?" I asked he inhaled and exhaled then turned to me
"Yesterday at the field, Oliver was tackling your brother fiercely like he has something against him. No matter how much your brother dodge, he's still on him and Oliver has been on him since this week" he said and I felt that same guilty came back, I punished the wrong person
"Is that all?" I asked
"Yea, by the way, how is his ankle," he asked and my eyes widened
"What?"
He looked at me like I have grown two heads "Oliver broke his ankle that's why he punched him" he said and I felt like the monster, I already feel my eyes sting.
"Then when you said you know how his punch feels what do you mean," I asked, I really need to know.
He gave a frustrating grunt "remember how I use to bother you" he asked and I nodded "then suddenly stopped when I came to school with bruises" he said and I nodded again "well that was your brother warning me to stay away from you" he said and I gasped
"You mean he fought you to stay away from me?" I asked
"More like beat me" he muttered but I heard him "I have to go," he said then left. I stood still as it dawn on me that am the bad one here. I have been blaming him all this while but in reality he is the angel, the tears flow as I despise myself for what I have done. I realize the reason he never left his room yesterday is that he had a bad ankle. With that on my mind, I ran home faster than ever.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
Chapter 13b
When I came back he is not at home, I quickly did both our chores and waited for him to return. I kept thinking of what to do when he comes back. I rushed over to him when I heard him come in.
"You are back?" I asked how lame. He looked at me with a stone look, now I realized he always smile at me, but today he didn't and that broke me
"Just go away," he said and walked to his room, more like limped
"Am sorry, how is your ankle?" I asked fiddling my finger
"I thought you cared about your boyfriend's nose than my ankle," he said and went inside his room, he shut the door shutting me out.
This is Friday I still have the entire weekend to earn his forgiveness, he told our parents it's just an accident, he didn't put the blame on Oliver. I was glad for that, speaking about Oliver he kept calling and texting I ignored it but I will give him the chance to explain himself tomorrow. I don't want to make the mistake of not giving him the chance to explain like I did the devil
"Tea is served," I said, it's already Sunday evening, so my time is running out, I brought his favourite but he didn't even glance my way.
"Master do with me as you see fit," I said and he looked at me, wow that's a first, I averted my gaze like the slave I am, I heard his throaty rich laugh seconds later. It sounded like a melody to my ears he looked at me as the laugh died to smile, revealing his devilish handsomeness.
"What to do with you cupcake," he said, funny how I missed that
"Anything you want," I said
"Give me the tea first," he said and I handed him the tea and stood up, I felt a happiness that rivals the one I felt when Oliver confessed.
Luckily I have completed his note, because teachers checked the note, and Martha helped a lot too. I ignored Oliver till break.
"Am sorry for what I did," he pleaded, I can see the distress on his face
"Why did you do it?" I asked
"Am so sorry it won't happen again"
"I just need to know why" I always believe an explanation is better than sorry.
"I got angry with the way he always treats you so I decided to pay him back I never knew it will end like this" he explained. Just exactly like the devil did to Chike, so he did it with me in his heart, how cute.
"With the reason you give its now hard to stay angry at you," I said, and he visibly relaxed.
"But you need to go apologize to him," I said and he looked taken back but nodded still.
"Alright," he said and we both walked to the devils' desk, he is resting his head on his desk
"Devil" I called, he raised up his head, he smiled when he saw me, how I missed that but it faded when he saw Oliver.
"So to what do I owe the visit," he asked
"Am sorry bro, I was just angry the way you treat her so I decided to help I never knew it will end like this" Oliver said, I can feel his fear.
"No need to apologize, I understand, I would have done the same, worse," he said and I know he would after learning what he did to Chike, he really looks out for me.
"So am forgiven," Oliver asked
"Sure man, just don't interfere again," he said and return to his initial position, Oliver and I left, but before leaving I whispered a thank you to the devil.
Am glad things turned out alright, luckily the entire week the devil was off my back I had the best week with Oliver, next week is exam I was surprised to hear about another party that will hold on Friday. Regardless of the exam next week am still surprise they will still hold another party even after the punishment. Martha said she is not going, Oliver invited me, I didn't turn him down cause he was so happy, he wants to treat it as our first date.
But am still afraid to go since the last one was a disaster, worse the devil suffered the wrath.
"We are traveling, and make sure to stay home and not repeat what you did" dad warns the devil,
"Yes boss," he said and glanced at me, with that I have my mind made up, I won't go, I will call Oliver and tell him
"Stay save children," mom said and they both left.
"I heard there is a party going on today," he said, we have become more civil towards each other
"Yea I heard so," I said sadly and slumps on the sofa.
"So will you be going?" he asked I just shook my head. He smiled and sat opposite me, after an hour nearing the time Oliver gave him I received his call
"So are you done?" he asked
"No, am not coming," I said, then prepared to hear his reaction
"What, why," he asked
"The last one was a disaster, so I don't want to go" not really I want to go, but the situation won't let me, and I don't want to disobey my parent.
"Come this time it's safe," he said more like pleaded
"I wish I can"
"Come on this is our first date" he begged, making me more guilty.
"Am sorry I will make it up to you," I said, I heard his breath
"Fine," he said and hung up, I feel bad for what I have done, but its the right thing. I kept sulking in my room when I heard a knock
"What," I asked, I already know who it is.
"Stop sulking come out," he said
"No," I said, he can only make it bad
"You dare say no to your master," he said, that devil he is using that master card.
"Alright am coming," I said and came out, I saw him heading towards the sitting room, so I followed, I gasped as I saw the drinks arranged on the table
"What's this?" I asked
"Since you completed my note and have been doing your duty, this is you reward cupcake," he said and my smile widened
"Since we can't go to the party, I decided we have our own little party," he said and put up the music, I know this is not the real party but damn I am happy.
"Party you said huh," I said and sat down, he beamed me that his devilish smile.
"Yes" he did robotic dance and it blew me away, it was so cool
"Serve yourself cupcake," he said, it's all alcohol, since we are alone at home, so I plan on getting wasted. He kept showing me his dance moves and they are all awesome, I never knew he is such a perfect dancer.
He dances and I drink, I also jump like am really in a party, with the music blasting, he is also drinking with me. After a while, I felt the alcohol kicking in
"Wow cupcake you really can drink," he said as he saw the bottles I have down.
"Don't be surprised devil" I said, then pushed him down, since he already entertained me, it's my turn to entertain him
"What sort of slave would I be, if I don't entertain my master after giving me such reward," I said and he smiled
I moved forward, with the influence of the alcohol I was free, so I started dancing how I do in my room alone, twerking, am really good at it cause am endowed.
"Wow" I heard him said, then turn to see him, inertly looking at me, prompting me to mesmerize him more.
I dance more than I have ever done before I slump beside him.
"The Angel also has a devilish side," he said and I lean forward close enough to feel his breath
"Being with the devil have its effect" I replied and I saw his eyes stare down to my lips.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
Chapter 14
He returned his eyes to my face then pull back, I felt my heart rate up, maybe am just thinking too much, I decided to push it to the back of my mind
"So it's fun?" he asked
"Yes!" I screamed "truthfully speaking I might not have had this much fun if I went out," I said
"Oliver will be sad," he said and I sort of felt sad
"Yes," I said sadly "you might think me a fool for being in love with someone for so long," I said
"Actually, I can relate to that," he said and sipped his drink, I looked at him
"What do you know about love," I asked and he smiled
"You'd be surprised," he said
"Tell me," I said as curiosity got the best of me
"At least I know the willingness to become the villain so your love interest may be the hero," he said with a shrug
"Wait let me get this straight, you will be seen as the bad one so the other will be the good one?" I asked
"Yea, pretty much," he said, it's like seeing a whole new him, that's the zenith of sacrifice.
"That's deep," I said and he just shrugged
"And I know what you have with Oliver isn't love," he said and the image I have for him disappeared, the devil resurfaced
"Go eat shit," I said, I don't even have the strength to argue since my eyes are already closing, I heard his rich chuckle before sleep took me over.
The next morning I woke up with a serious headache, and also the same dream I had before the devil left, and once again it terrified me. I checked the time it's already 10 am, wow I slept, I picked up the asprine and gulped down.
I decided to rest a little before doing my chores and also cleaning the living room, I rested for another 30 minutes before coming out. I was surprised when I found the whole house clean, the devil must have done it, and again I fear he would ask for another payment.
I went to his room but he already left, his ankle is getting better, so he now always go to the field, though he doesn't play. I was fixing what we will have for lunch when I got a text from Oliver.
"Since we didn't see yesterday, why not we hang out today" that was his text and am glad, so I replied him
"Time and place" he replied almost immediately
"Kitty's, 2 pm," he said, it's already 12. After preparing the food I bathed and then waited for the devil. He didn't come back, so I left, I locked the house since he is with his key.
"You are here," he said once he saw me, he is with a vintage and a black trouser, he looks good.
"Yeah" I answered shyly, am wearing a gown, and I have never been on a date.
"So what are you going to take?" he asked after I am seated, I already ate at home so am not hungry, but it's annoying to refuse the offer.
"Any soft drink will do," I said, he looks at me, but still ordered coke for me, he then ordered fried rice for himself
"You sure, you don't want something else?" he asked, I said no. He then filled me in about yesterday, funny I didn't regret not going. In fact, am glad I didn't go for I had more fun, but I won't tell him that
"I missed you there," he said, I smiled
"Me too," I said, we kept chatting till a late hour, I received a call from my parents luckily they didn't ask where I am. Even in the midst of this fun am thinking if that devil has eaten if he's worried about where I went.
"Come on let's go," Oliver said, it's already 6 pm, how time flies
"Alright" he took my hand and walked me home, I was touched that he got me to my house, he is sweet and romantic.
"I have been meaning to ask," he said scratching the back of his neck, he always does it when nervous
"What"
"Can I kiss you?" he asked and I smiled, I have been meaning to kiss him, and this is a perfect time, a kiss after the date
I leaned closer and planted my lips on his, it was soft, he pressed my head to deepen the kiss, with Oliver this is safe, I love safe.
"Wow," he said after the kiss
"Yea," I said as we both try to regain our breath. He left after saying his goodbye. I touched my lips, I just had my first kiss but it didn't feel like the first.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by geeannah(f): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2020
wow! this story is really captivating... oga op weldone
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2020
Chapter 15
I went inside, quite excited to see the devil, I tiptoed inside, I wanted to scare him, how mischievous of me, I want to see his epic reaction
"Why the tiptoe," he asked from behind me startling me, how funny the table turns
"Nothing," I said, he looked at me with narrowed vision
"You are back" I heard Martha said from behind me, I turned, she looks sad
"What's wrong?" I asked as I went to her
"It's my parents" she replied "I came since 5, your brother was home so I decided to wait, please can I sleepover," she asked, she normally sleepover but since the devil came back she hasn't
"Sure," I said, my brother is already in his room, he really doesn't have human sympathy.
"Hope the devil wasn't hard on you," I asked, she smiled
"Actually no, he has been very entertaining, I never expected him to give me encouragement on my situation," she said and it surprised me
"Oh" was my only reply "let me freshen up," I said and went inside to bath. Martha really deserves a moment of peace, her parents always fight alerting the entire neighborhood.
It took me like 30 minutes to freshen up, I was stuck to the ground when I came out and saw Martha and the devil playing card game, the devil is smiling and Martha is laughing. I have never been able to make her this happy whenever her parents fight, but the devil did it with just playing card
"I won again" Martha screamed and did a happy dance, am jealous that I have never made my best friend this happy, but more down the devil have never casually smiled at me like this
"Come on I will smoke you next time," he said
"Prepare to eat shit," she said, the devil that never glance any girls way is having a happy moment with my best friend, I should be happy but why am I not.
"Can I join?" I asked, that's when they noticed my presence
"Sure," Martha said, with a smile plastered on her face. We played for more 10 minutes, but it was as if that its only Martha and the devil, for I am easily defeated. They kept laughing and talking
"Am going to bed" I said and they just nodded, they are happy, I should be happy. I went to bed, I couldn't sleep, am tired but my mind was wide awake. Martha came in an hour later
"Your brother is a blast" she squealed, and once again her happy face made me happy, and bad for feeling sad earlier.
"Yea he is," I said, I kept awake with her before she falls asleep, still I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go watch some film in the leaving room. When I came out the devil is already there
"Why aren't you asleep?" I asked
"Bad dreams," he said with a shrug
"Wow, so the devil is scared" I teased, he smiled
"What of you?" he asked
"Nothing just wild night" I replied and sat on the chair next to him
"How is Martha," he asked
"She is fine" I answered and he just nodded. Seems the devil have a love interest now. Am curious to see how it turns, we quietly watch tv till I fell asleep.
I woke up on my bed the next morning, I wondered how I got there, yes even the day we got wasted I remember sleeping in the living room
"You brother sure knows how to take care of you," Martha said
"How do you mean?" I asked
"He carried you inside last night, it woke me up when he was covering you up," she said, and it sweetened my heart making me smile, I felt my face heat up, did I just blush.
The morning is chilling, its December our exam is on Monday, Martha and I decided to study together, the devil left us alone, Martha went home by 12, she is sad she didn't see the devil before leaving, our parents came back later at night.
I finally spoke with Oliver, yesterday I didn't pick up yesterday, my mind was occupied, he kept talking how super awesome the kiss was and how he wants to do it again, teenage boys but I don't mind. when we got to school we all got ready for the exam.

A/N: contact me to get one of these imported lovely trainers, it can be delivered anywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Khriztarl(f): 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
This book is dopeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Chapter 16
The exam was hectic, Martha and the devil kept hanging out together, while I hang out with Oliver things are definitely good. The students were happy when the exam ended on Friday.
"We will see again at the end of the year party," Oliver said to me. Our school always organize it and its when our results are given to us
"Sure," I said and we both bade goodbyes, I will miss him. Martha already went home, the weather seems like it will rain, so she rushed home, she said her cloth is outside. I think it won't rain, come on its December.
"Let's go home," the devil said, he is now good but am so used to calling him devil, and the way he treats people its easy to take him as the devil
"Sure," I said and we both walked home, the rain started as a drizzly, I was surprised but it didn't stop at that, for it started raining cat and dog. The devil and I took off, we used our bags as an umbrella. Before we got home we were already drenched, I quickly went to the doorsteps, but the devil kept dancing around, he is happy and laughing. I felt my heart rate increased, he looked at me and winked, even with the cold my cheeked still heat up. I was mesmerized, what am I thinking, he is my brother.
"Come on let's have some fun cupcake," he said dragging me into the rain with him, at his mere touch I melted, the sensation hit me, am seeing him in a new light. He really is something else.
We all had fun jumping around, I know I might be sick later but I couldn't ignore the fun
I was dancing around when he drew me closer
"Have you ever dance with the devil in the rain?" he asked with his devilish smile
"No" I replied, he then started jumping up and down, and skillfully adding robotic dance, I mimicked him.
We had a lot of fun we lost track of time, it was already evening when the rain stopped and we went inside, we took a hot bath. I kept making up conversations with him, I don't know why, but I just want to be with him, it never happened before. Maybe am just enjoying the fact he's acting more like a brother to me, yea that's why my heart keeps racing whenever he's near, and also with the fact he might change later.
The entire week have been fun, he didn't go to his regular football match, and I also turned down the offer of hanging out with Oliver, we did all the things I have ever wanted
"You think you can hide from the devil cupcake" I heard him screamed, am hiding from him, you know, hide and seek. Yesterday he thought me how to play ball, after hours he said am just hopeless.
"Found you," he said and unveiled the cotton am hiding. Normally in hide and seek, it's sad when you are caught, but with him am happy when he finds me. For at that moment he graces me with a smile that makes my stomach somersaults.
"Always," I said and he smiled.
"Come let's go to the boss lady she just called," he said taking my hand once again sending the chill down me. How come I feel all this for my brother and none for my boyfriend. I never had a brother so I don't know how ones feel for her brother but this definitely the best feelings.
The year party is on Friday, I wanted to go with the devil but Oliver came to take me, the devil said he might not make it too, so I sadly went with Oliver. I tried to have fun with him since I also haven't seen him for a week. I tried getting the devil off my mind but I couldn't and with Martha asking about him it was impossible.
"Now to call SS 2 top students" I always take 2nd with Oliver as 1st, it's just a normal thing,
Oliver was called up first, followed by me, typical, Mike followed before Martha, the both always drag this position, the principal called till 10th person. I couldn't believe my ears when he called the devil, our school is very competitive, being among the top 10 students need a seriously hard work and level of intelligence
"Where is he?" the principal asked, since he didn't come, I decided to go take his result from the principal
"He couldn't make it," I said and he handed it over to me, I have never seen him open his book, even the reading group we formed for better reading he never showed up, he is always on the field or listening to music, when the teacher teaches he shows no interest, so how is he among the top ten.
We all went back and Martha expressed her surprise on my brothers' position, we were taking the refreshment when our school football coach stood up.
"You all know that next year will be another state tournament," he said, yeah schools in our states always have a football tournament, we have never qualified but the coach never loses hope.
"I have a feeling we will qualify this time around" he declared the boys whistle, it's funny cause I already know the outcome.
"You might ask what made me bold, well we now have a Ronaldo, Mavis Okafor," he said and my eyes widened, the whole school erupts in shouting, is he that popular
"I have to admit, he really is Ronaldo" Oliver said beside me
"Is he that good" I have never seen him play
"He is just too good" he replied
"Too sad he is not here," the coach said, am more sad about it.
"I am" I heard the voice I know too well shouted and everybody went quiet, a smile automatically came on my face even before seeing him
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
Chapter 17
All the whole school turn towards the voice, he is just coming, some stood up to get a clearer view of him, he is wearing a jean jacket, like when he returned, he looks devilish handsome, I saw some girls fanning themselves with their hands, typical.
"Come talk to us boy," the coach said and the devil came forward
"Am honoured you guys think so highly of me, even referring to me as Ronaldo" he smiled then looked my way, I returned the gesture.
"But come on, why would we be satisfied to just qualify" he looks around "if I play, that means I want it all, I want to win, so I will take it all" he said, just like the devil he is, he want the most difficult things, the school once again erupt in shouts of jubilation, his name was even shouted, by most. I never knew someone could be this popular. I wonder why I never see them come to him or try to talk to him like they do with Oliver
"So he is this popular?" I asked
"Yes" Martha answered, like a fangirl
"Then why is it that he has no friend, he walks alone like a loner, popular guys are supposed to have lots of friends like Oliver," I said, and Oliver chuckled
"He is way popular than me, people admire and love him, wants to be like him and move with him," he said
"Then why are they not"
"He is your brother, you should know how fierce he is, he sends chills down people and he is not much of a talker, so even the ones that manage to approach him still leaves," he said and it all made sense. I turned to see him walk closer to me
"Hello Cupcake," he said smiling, I smiled, he is so full of surprises
"Hello devil," I said, before I could say anything the coach called him, so he left. I kept waiting for him to return but he didn't.
"Time to go," Martha said, Oliver is not around too so I texted him, I heard the coach called the boys. I wanted to wait for the devil but Martha kept bugging me, she needs to be home on time
"Alright let's go," I said and we both left
"Your brother is cool," she said
"Yea he is" I replied, I never noticed before,
"Can I ask you something?" she asked, I just shrugged "can you help me and make your brother mine," she said and my foot got stuck to the ground.
"What do you mean?" I asked, she came forward
"I think am in love with your brother, I want to date him," she said, I have heard a lot of girls said that but with Martha that never fawn over any guy, this is a big thing, it means she is serious
"Are you serious?" I asked just to be sure
"Yes, I hope you don't mind," she said, do I mind I asked myself, they have gotten closer lately, she is the only person the devil asked about. I should be happy she has finally fallen in love, but am not, I felt a thousand stab instead.
"Please," she said holding my hands, she has helped me a lot, so I think it's only right
"Why not," I said with the smile I could muster.
"Thanks," she said happily
"You are welcome" I answered, I should be happy but why do I feel like am digging my own grave with my hands.
I came home with a heavy heart, I left to go be with mom at the store, it didn't even help with my sadness
"Are you alright?" my mom asked
"Yea, yea" I answered
"You look down," she asked.
"Am fine mom" I answered and then gave her a smile, she decided to drop it.
When we got home dad and the devil are already home, I felt my heart sunk when our eyes met, he smiled to me, I didn't return the gesture, it's been our normal greeting lately. He immediately felt something was wrong he tried communicating with his eyes, I just shook my head and went along to help mom.
"What's wrong?" he came to me after dinner
"Nothing" I replied, I kept avoiding his face. What's wrong with me, is this really a brotherly feeling.
"It seems you don't want to talk," he said "hmmm, what to do" I turn to see him scratching his jaw, it was very cute.
"Tickling fiesta," he said, I looked our parents are already off to bed, am so weak to tickling and he knows
"No it's not," I said and sprang off, he ran after me, he caught me before I reached my room, he then opened it and carried me inside, he dropped me and jumped on top me
"So where do I start," he said, he started before I said anything,
"Come on stop" I cried, he kept doing it, "please, I will pee on myself" I cried again
"Tell me what's wrong," he said
"Never"
"Then prepare to wet yourself" he kept at it until am about to explode, I couldn't take anymore.
"Alright, alright," I said and he stopped "its just the time of the month" I lied, come on I don't even know what's wrong
"Oh," he said and laid beside me, everything felt alright, I want it to be like this. "How about Martha," he asked and my fantasy went down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
To get unlimited interesting fictional stories with a low subscription of 200 naira click on the WhatsApp group link below or you can drop your number.

Also you have the opportunity to meet and interact with new people and have loads of fun.

https:///BsIUvO6qovm4sAr6eHEnO9

NB: don't click if you're not serious.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
Chapter 18
"She is fine" I answered, I guess I should tell him about Martha.
"She sort of like you," I said
"Yea I noticed" he replied
"Not just normal likeness, as in she loves you and wants to date you"
"Oh" was his reply
"So what do you say" I turn to him, we are both lying with our back, then facing the roof, he didn't know I am looking at him
"Well tell her if she can say it straight to my face then I will think about it," he said and it shocked me, he normally say they should go eat shit, but he is different with Martha, maybe he loves her too. My eyes welled up with tears, am about to break down
"Alright, I will tell her, I have to sleep now," I said, backing him so he won't see me break down
"Sure cupcake," he said then left my room, I started crying, I don't know why it hurts me, I cried to sleep that night.
When I woke up, its Saturday, so we did all our duties, I tried to be as happy as I can, and with him always making me happy, I can't stay angry. He really knows what makes me tick.
At night I received a call from Martha, I know what's she's about to ask
"So did you tell him?" she asked immediately as I picked up
"Yes I did" I answered
"So what did he say"
"That if you will say it to his face"
"Ok, tell him to come outside please," she said and I was surprised.
"So you are outside?" I asked astonished
"Yes," she answered, its already 9 pm and she came, it amazed me that she can go to that extent.
"Alright," I said and hung up. I went to the Devils' room, each step heavier than the previous one.
"Martha is outside," I said, he sprang up, I bet it surprised him too
"So?" He asked
"She wants to see you," I said, and left to go see Martha before him
"So you are really here to see him?" I asked and she smiled
"I finally realize why you kept talking about Oliver" she compared her situation with mine
"But I never rushed to his house at night," I said
"Yea true, that means am more taken than you," she said, and dwelled on it, before I could reply the devil came out
"I heard you were looking for me," he said to Martha and she blushed, I left them both alone, they need to be alone.
I hope things turn out alright, with time I will be able to figure out my feelings. They talked for 31 minutes I counted.
"So whatsup," I asked when he came in
"She left," he said
"So did she confessed," I asked he scoffed
"Yea she did, she is courageous, I give her that"
Yea she is, I couldn't even confess to Oliver even all this time "so what you say" I asked, I feel his answer will greatly affect me
"She said she is traveling for the holiday, so I told her when she comes back I will give her the answer," he said then yawn.
"Oh," I said, I don't know if it means a yes or he just politely rejected her, I watched him went inside his room.
We also traveled for the Xmas, we went to fathers village. It was fun, especially with my devil brother, the girls approached him always making him tag me along whenever he is going out. Martha called him always, he flirts with her, that proof enough that they will officially be a thing when school starts.
Sadly all good things have an end, the devil is going to his aunt for the new year, no matter how hard I tried I can't hide the fact I will miss him.
"Don't miss me much cupcake" he teased
"Don't get over yourself" I said and he laughed. I escorted him to the car, I stood there when dad drove off. With him gone my holiday which I normally enjoy alone became nothing without him.

Remember to chat me up and patronize me

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
Chapter 19
I was happy when the holiday ended but not happy when we got home and realize the devil is coming home next week. The entire week was like forever, but I had to endure it, it shattered me when he called and said he won't be coming on Friday but Sunday. I have to endure another two days, If only I have his number, I will call him, I remembered how he always speaks with Martha.
"I can get his number from mom" I couldn't wait anymore I went to the store and took his number from my mothers' phone, I left the store after that.
I recharged and went home, I need to call him in the comfort of my room, I dialed his number immediately I got home
"Hello" his voice came through immediately he picked up, my day brightened with just the sound of his voice
"Hello" I replied
"Cupcake," he said, I noticed he's surprised
"Devil, how have you been?" I asked
"Swell, you miss me right?" he asked how typical
"Am just calling to gist you" I said, I really have nothing to gist about.
"You sure? " he asked, he can see through me
"Yes," I said, I started telling him how I have been doing both our duty, I even cleaned his room thinking his coming back.
"So you better come back and help me out" I barked he giggled. "But seriously why didn't you come back today," I asked,
"I didn't finish on time," he said and I imagined him shrugging. When I heard he is not coming back, I still had hope, but seeing how late it is now made me realize he is not coming
"Then why wait till Sunday, why not come back tomorrow," I asked, I hope he doesn't notice how desperate I am
"Is it that you are missing me?" he asked, I laughed trying to hide my desperation
"Not in this life" I barked
"K tell you what, say you miss me and I will come back tomorrow," he said and I have to seat up
"I miss you," I said even before I could hold myself "I really really miss you," I said as I felt my wall crumble
"Say it again and I might appear before you now" he whispered, though it's impossible, it will be considered a miracle, but to show my desperation and sincerity I said it
"I miss my devil," I said and I pictured him with his devilish smile, I heard a slight knock on my door. It surprised me cause it's still 7 it's not time for mom to be back, dad also called earlier saying he is at the store with her, so who could it be,
"Open up cupcake" I heard both from the phone and at the door. It's the voice I know too well. I sprang to the door. Lo and behold stands the devil in all his glory, with his signature smile
"I miss you too cupcake," he said, I collapsed in his arms, I hugged him so tight that I might break his ribs, I think he doesn't mind cause he's hugging as tight too
"What took you so long?" I asked, still hugging him
"Am here now" he said then broke the hug, I look beside him to see his bag, he is just arriving.
"What a miracle," I said, he looks taken back
"You believe in miracles?" he asked, I nodded
"Who doesn't, don't you?" I asked
"Nah, it's just a trick human play on themselves hoping for a good result but still accept anything whether good or bad," he said, how can I argue now that he made it sounded like a quote.
I just hugged him again "be it as it may, am just glad you are back," I said then together we went to his room to unpack.
"Here," he said handing a box to me, I took it and opened it, it's a white teddy, I never asked for one am not that sort of girl, but getting one from him, changed the fact
"Happy new year," he said with a smile, now I feel sad for not giving him anything
"Thanks" I hugged it tight "I will name it the devil," I said he giggled
"Figured, but am your devil, name it gift, I know it's too simple, but name it gift," he said and I couldn't agree more
"Sure," I said, immediately his phone rang, guess who? Martha, the needle to my bubble
"Hello," he said, I left with the excuse to get him food, I don't like the feeling I get when He speaks with Martha.
Not long after our parents came back, they were surprised to see him, we had our dinner like a big happy family
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
CHAPTER 20
Am standing in the middle of the road but it felt like the middle of nowhere, though it's the road back home, just a few feet away from the road that leads to Martha's house. Am stuck with tears on my eyes cause I just received the biggest news of the century
"He has agreed to date me" that's what Martha told me before we went our separate ways. I can't still figure out why I feel bad about it, making it more frustrating. The devil is still at practice. I came home by God grace
"So you accept her?" I asked him as he drinks his tea
"You mean Martha" he smiled "yea, I decided to give her a chance," he said
"Oh, why her, lots of girls have come your way, why her?" I asked, am curious to know, he shrugged
"She's beautiful, smart, strong pretty much that" he answered, I know he meant emotionally strong.
I went to my room that night with heavy heart, I brought gift close to me like I do every night.
"Hey gift, I wish you can help me out," I said to the teddy, "you know, help me figure out my feelings" I grunts "if only I can tell the devil about it and he helps me out" I giggled
"I know he will just make fun of me," I said, then hugged gift as I drifted off to sleep.
"Come on Esther, you have been distanced," Oliver said, I have been unfair to him, I hardly pick his call or hang out. Now I remember what the devil and Martha said about my love for Oliver.
"Am sorry Oliver" I said, with each day I realize that it was never love but just infatuation, I was so caught up in the fantasy I then mistook it for love. I saw him as a perfect match for me since we are both the top student, and it's safe, now I realized how wrong I was.
"Can you just make it up, let's hang out more, I feel like am losing you" He pleaded, I can't continue doing this to him
"Am sorry Oliver I have so much on my mind let's just take a break" I said and he gasped
"Are you breaking up with me?" he said, I looked down, I could bear to see his face
"We can still be friends," I said trying to save the situation
"Just go to hell," he said and walked off, am sad but also happy it's off my mind. I look at the back of the class and saw Martha laughing and chatting with the devil. It's good they are happy, I smiled sadly.
It's February, but to me, it's forever, am only happy when I have the devil all alone, but it's not enough since Martha regularly come to our house. I mostly leave them alone to have a private time, when the devil found out I broke up with Oliver I thought he would say I told you so. He didn't, instead, he made me smile more than before, that's the thing he is always there when I need him.
"I have big news" my mom said after our dinner, we all listened. "Am 2 months gone" she screamed and my dad sprang to her and swept her off her feet. That's the best news of the century, now the family is complete, when the baby comes it will be what unites us all
"That's too good boss lady," he said and hugged mom, I hugged her too, they have waited so long for that.
"Come on let's go tidy up the kitchen" my mom took the devil, they are close, you need to see when they hang out, my eyes followed him as he walked away
"Come on Esther, seat down let's talk," dad said and I sat down, I wiped the tears that nearly fall
"Are you trying to ask the best name that suits the baby" I joked and he laughed
"Not really, we will all decide that when the time comes" he laughed "wow am going to be a father," he said and I looked at him
"You are already a father" I laughed
"You're in love with Mavis," he said, I gasped, its a statement not a question it dawns on me that he is right
"Am in love with him?" I asked more to myself, was I that obvious, I looked at him, he had pity on his eyes, tears welled up.
"Am glad I can read your emotions unlike Mavis, that is difficult to read" he said, and patted my back
"It's a disaster how can I be in love with my brother," I said
"Yea it is a taboo for someone to have such attraction for her brother," he said and I crumbled more "good thing he is not your brother," he said and I narrowed my vision at him
"He is your son which makes him my brother since you are already my father," I said
"It warms my heart you really see me as your father, but Mavis is not your brother, because he is not my son," he said and my eye widened.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chapter 21
"What do you mean?" I asked with my undivided attention
"I love him no less than a son, but he doesn't have my DNA," he said, I heard the chatter and laughter from kitchen, so he is adopted
"You adopted him?" I asked
"Nop, if I did then he is my son, he is just not my son, am not related to him," he said, this is getting more confusing
"Then how come he bears your name?" I asked
"Oh that, let's me start from the beginning. His father was my best friend, we met in college, we got close because we bear the same surname. We became best friends, he impregnated his girlfriend before we graduated." He said shaking his head, I guess he's reminiscing on the past.
"She gave birth to Mavis after graduation, they became one big family, everything was going well, he was bugging me to settle down" he laughed "but I wasn't ready yet, the good old days, things changed under one day, when Mavis was 13, his father bought a car, so I was driving them to the hospital. His wife was pregnant again after so long, we were all happy Mavis was most happy cause he will soon have a younger sister, we were going for a medical check-up" I saw his eyes welled up in tears. I held his hand to strengthen him
"Mavis kept bugging to let him drive, so I place him on my laps and let him stir, I had to reduce the speed so he could easily maneuver, I lost my focus cause I wanted to tell his mother a joke, then a bus smashed us from the passengers side, killing his father at the spot, his mom died 3 hours later in the hospital with the baby" he said now crying, am also crying that's just too tragic.
"Mavis and I survived with little injury, he was so guilt-stricken that it affected him mentally, it took him 2 years to get himself back and all those 2 years he never went to school, that's why he is in the same class with you," he said and wiped his tears.
"Doesn't he have any relations to take him in?" I asked
"He has, his father's sister, I just felt responsible and he has always been like a son to me. A lot happened he has been through a lot, he was once a happy boy but he changed after the incident. He is just starting to get his old self. After he resumed school, the student kept giving him a weird look he now told me he wants to change school" he smiled "I then asked him to find out the school he wants, he searched for two weeks but didn't choose any. I was planning to search myself but he came back one day with a smile, looking happy, it was a thing of joy cause it been long he looked that happy." he looks at me, my tears are still rolling down
"He said 'boss I have found a school' I was happy, I asked him why he chose the school, he said the store beside it have the best cupcake" he laughed "very funny right?" he asked
"Yea" I kept thinking if it has anything to do with me, I guess not cause he never approached me till our parents introduced us, more like my parents.
"Why didn't you tell me all this," I asked
"Because we never wanted you to see him as a stranger" my mom answered, I turn to see her come in "you guys are lucky he has gone to his room" she gave my father stink eye.
"He has just stopped having nightmares, if he heard you guys it might affect him again," she said, am confused
"He used to have nightmares?" I asked they both nodded
"It recently stopped" he answered, I then remembered the night I teased him about his dreams. He really has been through a lot and I thought he is the devil.
"Am just telling you all this because of your feelings" my dad said,
"What feelings," my mom asked, good she doesn't know yet, please dad don't tell her
"It's not your business, now leave me to bond with my daughter" dad shooed her away, I laughed, good thing some people can still have good times
"Though am not telling you to act on it, I need you to still be responsible but I just want you to know the future is possible," he said, I smiled thank God for giving me this caring and understanding father, not that drunk that never asked about me. I hugged him
"Thanks, dad," I said,
"You are welcome, enough for today, time for bed," he said, we said our goodnight and he went off to bed, I stay there to gather my thought. I was about to go to bed when I received a call from Martha.
"Hello," I said once I picked
"Guess what," she said, I can sense she is happy
"What" I doubt any news will affect me more than what I just heard
"I finally did it with Mavis," she said and I gasped, by it, I understood what she meant. I was wrong it affected me more
"How," I said, the contraction made my throat hurt.
"After dismissal, he took me home, when we got home my parents weren't around, so one thing led to another and we did it" she chirped, tears rolled down from my eyes. It all made sense, I know he took her home, and he came back home smiling.
"It was the best single experience ever" she boasted, she kept talking about it and I wept with nothing to say,
"Hello hello? Esther are you there" she kept saying since I went silent, I then hung up. I have just been torn to pieces, I went into my room and slept in the pool of my tears.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by ndiuelish(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nice story. Continue
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by NobleC28(f): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2020
Bring it on smiley, we can't wait !!
More ink to your biro, more inspiration and wisdom, and more updates for us grin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The Sentence 'HE'S A GAY' Gramatically Correct? ? / Celebrity Boyfriend / .... :-\

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 423
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.