Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University (44739 Views)

Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure / Rasheed Jimoh-Ijaodola, Muslim Professor Bags PhD In Christian Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by BigTableShaker(f): 10:01am On May 25, 2020
Yustash001:
That's Ekiti....I heard they have the highest number of professors...
No o, Anambra has the highest professors in the world.
You can find 100 professors living on one street in Anambra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by setobaba: 10:02am On May 25, 2020
I’m a yoruba boy
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Coldie(m): 10:02am On May 25, 2020
BigTableShaker:
Igbo amaka!
His mother is Ndubuisi mbamala from isi ukwu, Abia state.
Amotekun amaka

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by NORSYK(m): 10:02am On May 25, 2020
MaziAlaye:
Damilola Arowolaju Onyekachi, confirm Igbo Amaka... We your brothers from the East are really proud of you.

More wins Nwanne

https://www.nairaland.com/5874972/chibuike-ikepeama-nigerian-man-beats
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by princeSammyz: 10:02am On May 25, 2020
Where was I at 24? Lol. Congratulations to him
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Lamanii22(f): 10:03am On May 25, 2020
Congratulations damilola...

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by wildlife9999(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2020
nice achievement

meanwhile I need a good working android phone between 10k to 15k not faulty phone.

quote me if you have any good android phone
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Charity85(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2020
MaziAlaye:
Damilola Arowolaju Onyekachi, confirm Igbo Amaka... We your brothers from the East are really proud of you.

More wins Nwanne

���. You made me laugh real hard

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Solatium(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2020
Great100000:
A Nigerian prodigy, Damilola Arowolaju, has bagged a PhD in Law from The George Washington University, in the United States of America.

Damilola, who hails from Omuo Ekiti, in Ekiti East Local Government area of Ekiti State is the son of a former Special Adviser to Governor Segun Oni on Due Process, Dr Bayo Arowolaju

Damilola, who was also the President of the 2020 PhD graduating students, was garlanded at the university’s virtual convocation ceremonies held on Thursday, May 21, 2020.

The former Special Adviser who confirmed this to journalists in Ado Ekiti on Saturday was elated that his son could be decorated with such a high academic honour at the age he secured admission to the University of Lagos, where he studied Sociology.

He said:

“My baby, Dr. Damilola Arowolaju, with the grace of God just graduated with a PhD in Law from the George Washington University School of Law, Washington DC, USA.

“He gave an address to the fellow graduands as the President of the GW Bar Association. Graciously, he did this at 24 years of age, when I was just entering the University in Nigeria for my first degree. May our children be higher and be more successful than us all. Amen

“I am overwhelmed, speechless and flabbergasted by this outstanding feat. I am excited and more motivated to do more to uplift humanity”.

Arowolaju appealed to the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, to rejig and expand the scope of the State’s scholarship board to be able to benefit the children of the poor, who are outstanding in their academics.

In a video clip containing his speech to the graduand, Damilola said he shall continue to promote justice for all manners of men, irrespective of creed, race and class.

The swaggering academic added that no sacrifice is too much to make to protect human rights and promote self-respect among humanity, describing these as the best way to entrench equality in the system.

He said:-

“Justice means making huge sacrifices that would guarantee all constitutional freedoms for all and sundry.

“When I say justice, I mean for both innocent and guilts. The one that brings equality, stability and raise the hope for a better society. That is what we should all pursue using morality and the instrumentality of Law.

“My graduation today was a result of the sacrifices made by my parents to ensure that I excel in my academic pursuit”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/24-year-old-ekiti-indigene-bags-phd-in-law-in-us-varsity/

Hope those idiots who queue up behind the father as political footsoldiers are reading this.
Na another man pikin wey dey send on Nocturnal errands
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by BigTableShaker(f): 10:03am On May 25, 2020
Coldie:
Amotekun amaka
hahahahaha. That's the spirit.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by juman(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2020
Good height achieved.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by solsticey2k3(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2020
Congratulations Dami smiley
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Karlifate: 10:04am On May 25, 2020
Yustash001:
Fountain of Knowledge is their Slogan.

2 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Naija246: 10:04am On May 25, 2020
Africans and mediocrity undecided
When will we start celebrating something worthwhile like an invention or a home grown fortune 500 company?

na so so degrees we like, degrees that don't take us anywhere as a race.
No wonder the elite's in the west are purposely diluting their population with Africans;they know we are easier to deceive and control.
An African will jump through every hoop without question undecided

5 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by apexx8272: 10:04am On May 25, 2020
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Nobody: 10:05am On May 25, 2020
[quote author=Denique post=89936602][/quote]
Ehen sad

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Nobody: 10:05am On May 25, 2020
Rgade:
Nigerians and over hyping of foreign degrees lipsrsealed
So we should clap for this dude for just reading and reading and reading, just stuffing his head with obsolete books and we're here celebrating him like he made some breakthrough.
Congrats though.

He bagged a PhD in law at 24 years at a reputable institution. It takes on average 7+ years to complete a PhD out here in the west. At the age of 24, most students in the US and Canada are still in the midst of completing graduate/medical/law school.

This feat is most certainly worthy of praise.

10 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by zoghys: 10:06am On May 25, 2020
Yustash001:

Yap, and some good number of stubborn, dedicated, fun loving, smart, tough and resilient people in sw of this country. I spent some years there in my tertiary school days and they have part of me till date. #9jamycon3

4 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by dheolexaone(f): 10:07am On May 25, 2020
This feat is highly impossible in the Nigerian Educational System.

May God help us.
E go better, is just an irony in Nigeria
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by juman(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2020
People usually say that in every extended family members in ekiti, there is always one professor.

Yet ekiti is one of the poorest state in nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Clothingonline9(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2020
Great Nigerian
Buy your Europe men clothing affordable and luxury quality designers Nationwide delivery
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by ZikoMan: 10:08am On May 25, 2020
Congratulations to you Man! We hope to see your service to humanity soon!
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Denique(f): 10:08am On May 25, 2020
Rgade:

Ehen sad

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by AhoadaRivers: 10:08am On May 25, 2020
lmm4real:
Never, I repeat Never. This can Never happen in any Nigeria higher institution both private and public undecided

The PHD comes with maturity down here u need to be at list above 40years grin

I already have a Doctorate I bagged at 27
but I'm well on my way to bag another Doctorate before 32.

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Angelfrost(m): 10:09am On May 25, 2020
yanabasee1:

Education sector in Nigeria is a scam..... All the agencies and bodies under education is a scam......

Nothing is working....

You pay lecturers high salaries and you pay teachers who put severe efforts to train a child who could not read to read and to understand how to add one and another one to give two....

Teachers who did their best to have children know alot of things that probably helped them all through their lives.....

Lecturers will often lecture and expect that you should have known whatever he/she is teaching you from the secondary school....And will often pass you handouts to go and self-study....

If our government will neglect the original starter to focus on the lecturers...then we have failed.

Very Apt!!!... The gross neglect of basic and foundational education in this nation is the main reason we have a pathetic tertiary education sector, with so many dull graduates!!!

This is why you have graduates who can't spell or communicate effectively!
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by NORSYK(m): 10:10am On May 25, 2020
Yustash001:

Lies, Imo State has the highest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by lmm4real: 10:10am On May 25, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

I already have a Doctorate I bagged at 28

From where which school pls.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Emmaomotob(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2020
Rgade:
So we should clap for this dude for just reading and reading and reading, just stuffing his head with obsolete books and we're here celebrating him like he made some breakthrough.
Congrats though.
You are right bro. The only difference between these people and dullards is usually a certificate.

3 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by henrymom18(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2020
Come to think of it.....how old was he when he finishes from the University, did his master's and enrolled for Ph.D.....see make this niggers tell us better things abeg.
Congrats to him though!!!
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by fergie001: 10:11am On May 25, 2020
Rgade:
Congrats though.

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by universe26(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2020
Congratulations! I hope your parents didn't steal our money to send u there?

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by fergie001: 10:12am On May 25, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

I already have a Doctorate I bagged at 27
From which school?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students / Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch / Secondary School Teacher Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old Student In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.