Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! (890 Views)

On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets / Simplest Ways Of Acquiring Wealth Biblically By Tunde Korede / 7 Ways People Enter Into Evil Covenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by damipaul(m): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
Coughs, I'm very grateful to God for the kind of heart he's given me, one that yearns for him. I'm a product of his grace and a living wonder by his words! I crave and will do anything for Godly knowledge, I desire to know more abt him. It occured to me yesterday that the fruit Adam ate that cause the fall, was the fruit of Knowledge of good and Evil, he ate a fruit that gave him the ability to discern btw good and evil and our father cast him out. Solomon, the wisest man the World's ever know, according to the scriptures, had the greatest measure of Wisdom and Knowledge, what can u say of his end, what can we say then, Is Godly knowledge evil?
Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by Jenwitemi(m): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
The acquisition of knowledge by man is always evil to those who seek to control man, which is why they think it is evil for man to acquire knowledge. This is because a knowledgeable man is extremely difficult to either exploit or control. The less a man knows, the easier it is for him to be exploited and or controlled. This is no rocket science. Acquiring knowledge is one of the greatest thing man is capable of doing and is our god-given birthright.
dami_paul:

Coughs,  I'm very grateful to God for the kind of heart he's given me, one that yearns for him. I'm a product of his grace and a living wonder by his words! I crave and will do anything for Godly knowledge, I desire to know more abt him. It occured to me yesterday that the fruit Adam ate that cause the fall, was the fruit of Knowledge of good and Evil, he ate a fruit that gave him the ability to discern btw good and evil and our father cast him out. Solomon, the wisest man the World's ever know, according to the scriptures, had the greatest measure of Wisdom and Knowledge, what can u say of his end, what can we say then, Is Godly knowledge evil?
Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by damipaul(m): 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Jenwitemi, so in essence u're saying that in the eyes of God, it's evil for me to acquire knowledge cos he won't be able to control me easilly?!
Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by Jenwitemi(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
If you literally interpret what you read in the garden of Eden story, you will thoroughly confused. The creator God is not against man acquiring knowledge. As a matter of fact, the only way to come close to the creator is to acquire as much knowledge as one can. The more knowledge you acquire, the more expanded you are in your mind and consciousness, the closer you are to the creator God.

The Eden story is only an allegory to something much deeper spiritually. It is not to be assimilated and processed in a literal manner. This is where christians have got it totally wrong, taking the story literally, word for word. This is a great error. The creator wants man as knowledgeable as possible.
dami_paul:

@Jenwitemi, so in essence u're saying that in the eyes of God, it's evil for me to acquire knowledge cos he won't be able to control me easilly?!
Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by damipaul(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
And the case of solomon?!
Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by Jenwitemi(m): 3:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
Don't know what you mean by that. Expansiate.
dami_paul:

Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by damipaul(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
He asked for knowlegde God was pleased and he gave it to him in abundance. You'll naturally expect a man of Knowledge/wisdom to end well not in the case of Solomon who ended the way he did- lotsa wives,lamentations etc. Besides, I'm not asking to critisize, I'm asking cos I want to know, do u have some insight to what happened in the garden of Eden?
Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
Solomon was blessed with Wisdom from God - the Knowledge part I suspect you mean the reports of him delving into cultures and practices of Gentiles (Keys of Solomon and other grimoires of magik) that are forbidden to Israelites. ??

dami_paul:

Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by UyiIredia(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
Jenwitemi:

If you literally interpret what you read in the garden of Eden story, you will thoroughly confused. The creator God is not against man acquiring knowledge.
As a matter of fact, the only way to come close to the creator is to acquire as much knowledge as one can. The more knowledge you acquire, the more expanded you are in your mind and consciousness, the closer you are to the creator God.

The Eden story is only an allegory to something much deeper spiritually. It is not to be assimilated and processed in a literal manner. This is where christians have got it totally wrong, taking the story literally, word for word. This is a great error. The creator wants man as knowledgeable as possible.

@ Jenwetemi >>> is what you are saying equable to this
Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by Jenwitemi(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2011
Entertaining read, but no, that is not equable to what i am saying. Not even close.
Uyi Iredia:

@ Jenwetemi >>> is what you are saying equable to this
Re: Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! by thehomer: 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2011
dami_paul:

Coughs, I'm very grateful to God for the kind of heart he's given me, one that yearns for him. I'm a product of his grace and a living wonder by his words! I crave and will do anything for Godly knowledge, I desire to know more abt him. It occured to me yesterday that the fruit Adam ate that cause the fall, was the fruit of Knowledge of good and Evil, he ate a fruit that gave him the ability to discern btw good and evil and our father cast him out. Solomon, the wisest man the World's ever know, according to the scriptures, had the greatest measure of Wisdom and Knowledge, what can u say of his end, what can we say then, Is Godly knowledge evil?

Acquiring knowledge is not evil. In fact, it's one of the most noble activities a person can be involved in because such knowledge is what has enabled this conversation, exchange of ideas and numerous benefits that we currently enjoy.

(1) (Reply)

Greed In Need / All Christians To Embark On Prayer and Fasting On The 16th, March 2012 / Do We All Come From Adam And Eve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.