Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation (1649 Views)

Edo Assembly Crisis: Tinubu Says Obaseki Has Committed Impeachable Offences / FFK: I Am Glad To Hear That Obaseki Has Joined PDP / Bullion Vans: Ozekhome Says Nigerians Can Demand For Tinubu's Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Great100000: 4:54pm On May 25, 2020
Despite moves to see the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, over the decision of the National Working Committee of the party to adopt Direct Primaries for the upcoming process to elect a candidate for the Edo State governorship election, the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has not done so, The Eagle Online can confirm.

According to inside sources, Tinubu, a former Governor of Lagos State, has been around in the country and is not averse to seeing the embattled Governor of Edo State, who has been locked in a supremacy battle with his predecessor and National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, The Eagle Online was told.

According to the sources, Obaseki has not even reached out directly to Tinubu since he vowed to do so after the decision of the NWC last week adopting direct primaries for choosing the party’s candidate for the September 2020 election.

The fear in Obaseki’s camp is that the Governor will be overwhelmed at the primaries, where the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the last governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, had been drafted into the APC and given a waiver to stand for the poll.

Oshiomhole is backing Ize-Iyamu’s candidacy.

Insiders in Tinubu’s Ikoyi, Lagos State home told NEWS DIRECT that Obaseki had not called Tinubu because of the manner in which he acted to the National Leader of the APC when his relationship with Oshiomhole was gradually breaking down.

He was said to have spurned Tinubu and other leaders of the party then when there were moves to reconcile them.

His argument had been that he knew where Tinubu belonged in the crisis and that he was not going to allow anyone prevail on him to stop the battle he had begun.

The source said: “He didn’t behave well at the time when there were efforts to reconcile them.

“His belief was that he had the capacity to fight till the end.”

One of the sources, however, told NEWS DIRECT that rather than reach out directly to Tinubu, Obaseki’s aides have been calling top aides of the former Lagos State Governor to have feelers of the position of the APC National Leader.

One of the sources said: “There is no doubt that Asiwaju will see him (Obaseki), if he comes around.

“In fact, based on media reports, Asiwaju has been expecting him.

“He is the one who has failed to contact him directly.

“You don’t expect anyone to fix such a meeting when he has Asiwaju’s number.

“But instead of doing that, he has been testing the waters.

“Let me tell you the truth: Asiwaju will see him whenever he decides to come around.

“But there is only one thing that won’t change: Asiwaju will not go against the decision of the NWC to adopt direct primaries for the election in Edo.”

https://newsdirect.ng/edo-crisis-why-obaseki-has-not-seen-tinubu-investigation/

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by ClitRaider: 4:56pm On May 25, 2020
Mfuckers

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 25, 2020
Who is selling forms for Primary?-NWC
Who is conducting Primary?-NWC
Who is submitting Candidates to INEC?-Adams Oshiomhole

Are you sure that APC led by AO will even allow Obaseki to buy Forms for the Primary?

AO is holding the yam and not only the knife this time around but also cutlass.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by 143WaZoBia: 5:29pm On May 25, 2020
Baba e better make you go mountain of fire pass make you see Jagaban. Jagaban na the oga to Oshiomhole and you no just do well, instead to do like Fashola you even spoil things pass Ambode, now test your popularity you de fear.

2 Likes

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Mcreloaded(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2020
“But there is only one thing that won’t change: Asiwaju will not go against the decision of the NWC to adopt direct primaries for the election in Edo.”[b][/b]

If this is the case according to the bolded then Tinubu is not useful to Obaseki.

The die has been cast by Obaseki and Oshiomhole.

Obaseki can as well do a full lock down in Edo state, wonder how a full lock down will affect APC in the long run
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by 2special(m): 5:45pm On May 25, 2020
If the political situation start getting hot in Edo state, first the I.G will change the commissioner of police and bring the one that will taking order's from Abuja, probably the DSS will be withdraw from the state house and the orderly and those working with the Governor will be changed exposing the Governor and weakening him...l might be wrong
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 25, 2020
Tinubu personally claimed Edo for Oshobaba via the court. Therefore, whosoever would be the gov of that state under APC must be loyal to Tinubu.
Obaseki goofed big time
NB: anytime ipob dey support you, run for your life. If not you'll regret for life.

3 Likes

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by fyneguy: 6:06pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:
Tinubu personally claimed Edo for Oshobaba via the court. Therefore, whosoever would be the gov of that state under APC must be loyal to Tinubu.
Obaseki goofed big time
NB: anytime ipob dey support you, run for your life. If not you'll regret for life.

Obaseki is not a smart politician. he also lost the support of national assembly members. he disrespected his party leaders, who tried to reconcile them. They later left him to his fate

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Great2017: 6:16pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:
Obaseki goofed big time
Lie! Tinubu never claimed any Edo for Adams. Rather, Edo people voted massively for him and Yaradua allowed that result to count. Stop rewriting History because of politics.

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 25, 2020
Great2017:

Lie! Tinubu never claimed any Edo for Adams. Rather, Edo people voted massively for him and Yaradua allowed that result to count. Stop rewriting History because of politics.
You're naive.
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Great2017: 6:21pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:

You're naive.
Your lie has been bursted. Bring on another.
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:
Obaseki goofed big time
This is the most stupid comment I've read on nairaland.........Tinubu had no hands involved when oshiomole became governor.....it was purely the handiwork of the late Chief Tony Aneinh(Mr fix it all)....No disrespect to Tinubu he's probably one of the most clever politician in Nigeria today.......
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by comos: 7:10pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:
Obaseki goofed big time

This is how you people lie up and down, just to eulogize Tinubu.

It was Lucky Igbinedion that brought Oshiomole in as governor of Edo state.

Same Lucky Igbinedion never trouble Oshiomole as he is doing to Obaseki now.

One thing that I am very sure about is that,
Direct or indirect primary
Obaseki will win

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 25, 2020
osydennyz:

This is the most stupid comment I've read on nairaland.........Tinubu had no hands involved when oshiomole became governor.....it was purely the handiwork of the late Chief Tony Aneinh(Mr fix it all)....No disrespect to Tinubu he's probably one of the most clever politician in Nigeria today.......
Tom foolery
You don't know what's actually going on in this country or your education is a waste. Tinubu claimed Edo,Lagos, Ondo, Ekiti finally Osun.
Why did you think GEJ sacked Justice Ayo Salami? I do think either some of you are not educated or you decided to be stupid.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:

Tom foolery
You don't know what's actually going on in this country or your education is a waste. Tinubu claimed Edo,Lagos, Ondo, Ekiti finally Osun.
Why did you think GEJ sacked Justice Ayo Salami? I do think either some of you are not educated or you decided to be stupid.
Tinubu claimed Edo state how?? What's your definition of 'claimed'??... Please, try and be reasonable before you quote me again .....

2 Likes

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Great2017: 8:45pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:

Tom foolery
Sophistication driven too far. Remove Edo from this warped sophistication.

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 25, 2020
Great2017:

Sophistication driven too far. Remove Edo from this warped sophistication.
Get well soon. It would soon clear for your eye when Obaseki would be disgraced next month.
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by comos: 9:02pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:

Get well soon. It would soon clear for your eye when Obaseki would be disgraced next month.

You Afonja people will die because of Obaseki matter

2 Likes

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by ovieigho(m): 9:05pm On May 25, 2020
..The death of abba kyari has put Obaseki in tight position and given these nonentities in this administration ( Tinubu and oshiomole)
The power to make yanga..:

God will see you through mr Governor
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by merit455(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2020
A political party that belongs to the devil
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Unik3030: 9:09pm On May 25, 2020
they were hailing him when he was biting d fingers that fed him,now he has realised no soft landing for him.
Once those people are supporting u just know u are gone...where is Atiku,fayose, Adeleke,ambode, Saraki,melaye n d like today?
just pray those people don't support u cos u are heading for doom

Edo isn't Lagos...so when laughs last now

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Great2017: 9:13pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:

Where on Earth did I mention my support for Obaseki's emergence? So, how will this affect me? Your sophistication is really beyond what I had imagined.
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 25, 2020
Great2017:

Where on Earth did I mention my support for Obaseki's emergence? So, how will this affect me? Your sophistication is really beyond what I had imagined.
I don't have your time.
Ipob miscreant.
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Afamed: 9:19pm On May 25, 2020
myboy2111:
Who is selling forms for Primary-NWC
Who is conducting Primary-NWC
Who is submitting Candidates to INEC-Adams Oshiomhole

Are you sure that APC led by AO will even allow Obaseki to buy Forms for the Primary?

AO is holding the yam and not only the knife this time around but also cutlass.

Obaseki is purely a toddler. Perhaps he took his fight too far
Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Afamed: 9:23pm On May 25, 2020
Mcreloaded:
“But there is only one thing that won’t change: Asiwaju will not go against the decision of the NWC to adopt direct primaries for the election in Edo.”[b][/b]

If this is the case according to the bolded then Tinubu is not useful to Obaseki.

The die has been cast by Obaseki and Oshiomhole.

Obaseki can as well do a full lock down in Edo state, wonder how a full lock down will affect APC in the long run
He should go ahead with 24hrs lock down.
A second will never be added when his tenure expires.

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Great2017: 9:23pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:

I don't have your time.
Ipob miscreant.

It is no longer "Obaseki will be disgraced". It is now "IPOB" and "miscreant".

Anyone that disagrees with your opinion becomes an Ipob or a miscreant.

I detest your sophistication. It is so pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 25, 2020
Great2017:

I hail your sophistication. It is so pathetic.
Ipob, you well so?

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Great2017: 9:32pm On May 25, 2020
bamidelee:

Ipob, you well so?
Has your sophistication failed you?

1 Like

Re: Newsedo Crisis: Why Obaseki Has Not Seen Tinubu — Investigation by Nobody: 12:02am On May 26, 2020
Great2017:

I detest your sophistication. It is so pathetic.

(1) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo, Ralph Uwazuruike Swear With Bible And Koran Against Nnamdi Kalu / Ipob Is An Organization Committed To The Destruction Of Nigeria - Sen. Magnus / Bloody Attack In Rivers State As Fulani Headsman Clashes With Ph Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.