Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To (3916 Views)

Ministers In Panic Mode As President Tinubu Commences Plan To Shuffle Cabinet / Apostle Suleman Visits Governor Diri In Bayelsa State (Photos) / Tinubu In Panic Mode! See Picture Of Bullion Vans For Last Minute Mobilisation (2) (3) (4)

Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by ElectroLyte: 9:13pm On May 25, 2020
The Chief of staff to governor Duoye Diri of Bayelsa state, Chief Benson Agadaga, has offered to reward the 2019 candidate of the Liberation Movement (LM), Mr. Vijah Opuamah with ‘Special Package’ if he drops the certificate forgery case against the governor.

Agadaga made the offer in a phone conversation, exclusively obtained by The Street Journal.

There have been several moves and appeals by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to make Opuama withdraw the case from the Tribunal.

He has been offered money and juicy appointments but he has declined all the offers.

The case against Diri
The Street Journal had earlier reported that Opuama dragged Gov. Diri and his deputy, Senator Lawrence Ewrujakpor to court over the inconsistency in the name on the certificates presented by Ewrujakpor during the elections.

Opuama alleged that Ewrujakpor was not qualified to contest the election and urged the court to declare his candidature null and void, which will automatically lead to the ouster of Gov. Diri as well.
Opuama said that the deputy governor submitted an affidavit containing false information to the electoral umpire, INEC.

He further claimed in his petition that Mr Diri’s deputy, Ewrujakpor, presented a forged university certificate and a forged exemption certificate of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to INEC before the conduct of the election.

These documents had since been uploaded by The Street Journal alongside telephone conversations between Mr. Opuama and various PDP faithfuls luring the former with juicy promises in a bid to get him to drop the case at the tribunal.

There are fears in the camps of the PDP and Diri that the Court will remove the governor, the same way the governor-elect of the state, David Lyon and his deputy Degi Eremionyo were removed over the inconsistency in the certificates presented by Eremionyo.

Desperate Moves
In yet another desperate move to bribe Mr. Opuama, the Chief of Staff to Governor Diri of the PDP, told him that a package is available for him.

“I say make I come your house so that we can resolve everything because this forward and backward movement is not making sense. You know we are all one in Bayelsa and we are not supposed to fight each other. I decided to bring down myself on behalf of my people to contact you so that we can resolve everything. I know you're in Abuja and you've spent a lot of money but still try to find a way to come to Yenegoa let's see and talk.

“Don't worry I'll speak to my people, we will arrange something for you. In fact, we have a package for you. When we discuss and agree, we will hand it over to you. Do you understand,” he said on the telephone.

He also told Opuama that Mary Odili, a Justice of the Supreme Court and wife of PDP’s chieftain, Peter Odili, is working for them on the case.

“Another thing I wanted to tell you is that Justice Mary Odili and her people are working for us as you already know but there's no need to involve her in this matter because we are all one. Just find a way to come over let's settle and handover everything once and for all,” he added.

However, The Street Journal has not independently confirmed that the Honourable justice is working for Diri and his camp.

The latest telephone conversation between Mr. Benson and Mr. Vijah Opuamah:

Mr. Benson: Hello, how you dey?

Opuama: I'm fine

Mr. Benson: It's me, Benson Agadaga. I say make I come your house so that we can resolve everything because this forward and backward movement is not making sense. You know we are all one in Bayelsa and we are not supposed to fight each other. I decided to bring down myself on behalf of my people to contact you so that we can resolve everything. I know you're in Abuja and you've spent a lot of money but still try to find a way to come to Yenegoa let's see and talk.

Opuama: Okay Sir.

Mr. Benson: Don't worry I'll speak to my people, we will arrange something for you. In fact, we have a package for you. When we discuss and agree, we will hand it over to you. Do you understand?

Opuama: Yes Sir.

Mr. Benson: So when do we expect you?

Opuama: I'll get back to you

Mr. Benson: Another thing I wanted to tell you is that Justice Mary Odili and her people are working for us as you already know but there's no need to involve her in this matter because we are all one. Just find a way to come over let's settle and handover everything once and for all.

Opuama: No problem, I'll get back to you.

Listen to the audio hear==https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/bayelsa-certificate-scandal-gov-diri-in-panic-mode-as-chief-of-staff-offers-to-settle-opuamah/

THE STREET JOURNAL
VISIT www.thestreetjournal.org

2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by Lekan111(m): 9:40pm On May 25, 2020
Politics

Someone should check out my signature
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by RuddyFusion(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2020
Diri still in the soup? Make dem leave the man joor
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by jlinkd78(m): 9:49pm On May 25, 2020
American wonder
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by BranddesignerH: 9:50pm On May 25, 2020
They should leave this man na.
Do. They want him to. Commit suicide like former Bayelsa state governor?

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by realstars: 10:11pm On May 25, 2020
Misleading leaders of our time,
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by Dlewisi: 10:36pm On May 25, 2020
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by ClassicMG(m): 10:40pm On May 25, 2020
How authentic is this

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by Ubykcee(m): 10:41pm On May 25, 2020
Politicians and Forged certificate are like police and 50 Naira. Inseparable cry

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by remigreat(f): 10:52pm On May 25, 2020
If what I've read is anything to go by, then Gov Diri and his Deputy should be prepared to kiss that seat bye bye APC and their Federal might would see to their outright removal. It would be liken to a scenario "if I no go dey,you sef no go dey"
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by GFELOG2018: 10:58pm On May 25, 2020
Fake news.Next tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by senatordave1(m): 11:39pm On May 25, 2020
Fergie,kyase,ejimatic,kahal and bayelsaowei must see this.it is very clear that the man forged his certificate and that Lyon was unjustly sacked by the supreme court
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by Kyase(m): 11:46pm On May 25, 2020
senatordave1:
Fergie,kyase,ejimatic,kahal and bayelsaowei must see this.it is very clear that the man forged his certificate and that Lyon was unjustly sacked by the supreme court

“I say make I come your house so that we can resolve everything because this forward and backward movement is not making sense. You know we are all one in Bayelsa and we are not supposed to fight each other. I decided to bring down myself on behalf of my people to contact you so that we can resolve everything. I know you're in Abuja and you've spent a lot of money but still try to find a way to come to Yenegoa let's see and talk.

boss see this guy oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

“Another thing I wanted to tell you is that Justice Mary Odili and her people are working for us as you already know but there's no need to involve her in this matter because we are all one. Just find a way to come over let's settle and handover everything once and for all,” he added.
I no dey trust all those women name Mary at all, all the 7 wey i know get kleg
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by obataokenwa(m): 11:51pm On May 25, 2020
Very stupid post. You tell your person to call you just to tarnish Mary Odilis name.

Who will be a fool to make such call knowing they're dealing with a devil.

Only a fool will believe that call. We are not stupid in this country

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by Kentursky(m): 5:01am On May 26, 2020
Diri, going going gone!

It's just a matter of time.
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by vicdom(m): 6:04am On May 26, 2020
Kentursky:
Diri, going going gone!

It's just a matter of time.
Shut up!! Go and remove the holy ghost and miracle governor and watch your hand burn to blazes. Mtchewwwwww
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by vicdom(m): 6:06am On May 26, 2020
senatordave1:
But Ihedioha was rightly and justly removed bah?? Hypocrite
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by Kentursky(m): 6:07am On May 26, 2020
Go tell ur ancestors shut up.
vicdom:

Shut up!! Go and remove the holy ghost and miracle governor and watch your hand burn to blazes. Mtchewwwwww
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by Kentursky(m): 6:08am On May 26, 2020
Ihedioha never won Imo election.
vicdom:

But Ihedioha was rightly and justly removed bah?? Hypocrite
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by vedaxcool(m): 6:12am On May 26, 2020
Lol what is wrong with Bayelsa p politicians.
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by bankole200(m): 6:29am On May 26, 2020
What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by vicdom(m): 6:39am On May 26, 2020
Kentursky:
Ihedioha never won Imo election.
Who won?? You mean the supreme court Governor?? cheesy grin
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by Kentursky(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2020
I will respond after u have said 'shut up' to ur ancestors.
vicdom:

Who won?? You mean the supreme court Governor?? cheesy grin

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by bayelsaowei(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2020
If this post is true:

Can you imagine..wanting to bribe a man to drop the certificate forgery case but won't use same money as palliatives for poor bayelsans..

Satan really lives in our politicians ... Satan is a Nigerian.. angry angry

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by bayelsaowei(m): 8:24am On May 26, 2020
we have very irresponsible leaders.. when you think of what the masses go through to acquire a job even with valid results and then how easy as cake it is for a politician to get into office to steal monies from our coffers with forged certificates then you know something is fundamentally wrong with Nigeria..

So its time to start bribing...sooner or later it would progress into assassinations and kidnappings..

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by opat001(m): 8:26am On May 26, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Diri still in the soup? Make dem leave the man joor
Leave waiting, Diri seating on a hot soup.
They push an innocent man LYON out and he want to enjoy what he did not work for.

Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by vicdom(m): 8:37am On May 26, 2020
Kentursky:
I will respond after u have said 'shut up' to ur ancestors.
Oga goan sleep, you are menstruating.
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by ejimatic: 8:47am On May 26, 2020
ElectroLyte:
The Chief of staff to governor Duoye Diri of Bayelsa state, Chief Benson Agadaga, has offered to reward the 2019 candidate of the Liberation Movement (LM), Mr. Vijah Opuamah with ‘Special Package’ if he drops the certificate forgery case against the governor.

Agadaga made the offer in a phone conversation, exclusively obtained by The Street Journal.

There have been several moves and appeals by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to make Opuama withdraw the case from the Tribunal.

He has been offered money and juicy appointments but he has declined all the offers.

The case against Diri
The Street Journal had earlier reported that Opuama dragged Gov. Diri and his deputy, Senator Lawrence Ewrujakpor to court over the inconsistency in the name on the certificates presented by Ewrujakpor during the elections.

Opuama alleged that Ewrujakpor was not qualified to contest the election and urged the court to declare his candidature null and void, which will automatically lead to the ouster of Gov. Diri as well.
Opuama said that the deputy governor submitted an affidavit containing false information to the electoral umpire, INEC.

He further claimed in his petition that Mr Diri’s deputy, Ewrujakpor, presented a forged university certificate and a forged exemption certificate of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to INEC before the conduct of the election.

These documents had since been uploaded by The Street Journal alongside telephone conversations between Mr. Opuama and various PDP faithfuls luring the former with juicy promises in a bid to get him to drop the case at the tribunal.

There are fears in the camps of the PDP and Diri that the Court will remove the governor, the same way the governor-elect of the state, David Lyon and his deputy Degi Eremionyo were removed over the inconsistency in the certificates presented by Eremionyo.

Desperate Moves
In yet another desperate move to bribe Mr. Opuama, the Chief of Staff to Governor Diri of the PDP, told him that a package is available for him.

“Don't worry I'll speak to my people, we will arrange something for you. In fact, we have a package for you. When we discuss and agree, we will hand it over to you. Do you understand,” he said on the telephone.

He also told Opuama that Mary Odili, a Justice of the Supreme Court and wife of PDP’s chieftain, Peter Odili, is working for them on the case.

However, The Street Journal has not independently confirmed that the Honourable justice is working for Diri and his camp.

Mr. Benson: It's me, Benson Agadaga. I say make I come your house so that we can resolve everything because this forward and backward movement is not making sense. You know we are all one in Bayelsa and we are not supposed to fight each other. I decided to bring down myself on behalf of my people to contact you so that we can resolve everything. I know you're in Abuja and you've spent a lot of money but still try to find a way to come to Yenegoa let's see and talk.

Mr. Benson: Don't worry I'll speak to my people, we will arrange something for you. In fact, we have a package for you. When we discuss and agree, we will hand it over to you. Do you understand?

Mr. Benson: Another thing I wanted to tell you is that Justice Mary Odili and her people are working for us as you already know but there's no need to involve her in this matter because we are all one. Just find a way to come over let's settle and handover everything once and for all.

Listen to the audio hear==https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/bayelsa-certificate-scandal-gov-diri-in-panic-mode-as-chief-of-staff-offers-to-settle-opuamah/

THE STREET JOURNAL
. Lyon lost the opportunity of being the governor because of the irregularity in the name of his supposed deputy .Now it is the turn of Diri.If he is found guilty he will leave the office with his deputy because of joint ticket factor.INEC will be mandated to declare the next candidate from the party that fulfilled the requirement of being the governor. If none has it there be a by election in Bayelsa among the remaining parties.APC and PDP excluded.From my observation PDP in Bayelsa is disturbed because of this development and that is why it is leaving no stone unturned on order to survive the imminent calamity.
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by ejimatic: 8:48am On May 26, 2020
ElectroLyte:

The case against Diri

Desperate Moves

THE STREET JOURNAL
Lyon lost the opportunity of being the governor because of the irregularity in the name of his supposed deputy .Now it is the turn of Diri.If he is found guilty he will leave the office with his deputy because of joint ticket factor.INEC will be mandated to declare the next candidate from the party that fulfilled the requirement of being the governor. If none has it there be a by election in Bayelsa among the remaining parties.APC and PDP excluded.From my observation PDP in Bayelsa is disturbed because of this development and that is why it is leaving no stone unturned on order to survive the imminent calamity.
Re: Bayelsa Certificate Scandal: Gov. Diri In Panic Mode As Chief Of Staff Offers To by ejimatic: 8:48am On May 26, 2020
ElectroLyte:

The case against Diri

Desperate Moves

THE STREET JOURNAL
. Lyon lost the opportunity of being the governor because of the irregularity in the name of his supposed deputy .Now it is the turn of Diri.If he is found guilty he will leave the office with his deputy because of joint ticket factor.INEC will be mandated to declare the next candidate from the party that fulfilled the requirement of being the governor. If none has it there be a by election in Bayelsa among the remaining parties.APC and PDP excluded.From my observation PDP in Bayelsa is disturbed because of this development and that is why it is leaving no stone unturned on order to survive the imminent calamity.

Muslim Students Burnt Female Student Sokoto Over Blasphemy (Graphic Pics) / See How Tinubu Was Embarrassed (Photos) / Owu Church Attackers Spoke In English And Yoruba

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67