Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car (51339 Views)

My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). / Policemen Without Face-Masks Try To Arrest Man For Not Wearing Face Mask In FCT / Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Goalnaldo(m): 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
Asquare84:

Just remember you are now an ex- convict and can not context for election in Nigeria again
while Orji Kalu will continue his position of Senator. Nigeria is in disarray cascading into self destruction.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by dreu2fine(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

I got flagged down this afternoon by VIO in the FCT. One of them asked me for my papers which I handed to him. After inspection, he asked if I had a valid driver's licence, I replied yes. I made attempt to pull it out from my wallet but noticed that the Officer had walked away from my car. He met his other colleagues who were seated and then signalled me to join them.

Got down from my car and realised that I was before a mobile court. My offence, as read out to me, was that I was not wearing a facemask inside my car. I explained that I have one in the car which I wear whenever I step out of my vehicle. They refused to listen to me and went ahead to fine me the sum of five hundred and fifty naira only. I was given a paper which did not carry the details of how much I paid. I insisted that I needed a receipt for the fine which I paid. After much reluctance, one of the VIO rudely scribbed the amount they collected from me on the paper.

The mobile court judge was rude to me and others whose case he heard while my Ordeal lasted.

I guess that the time has come for everyone to wear his/her facemask at all times irrespective of where one is.

Has anyone had a similar ordeal?
bros u no well ooooo
inside ur car ,u alone ,dem no go try am for warri,
are dey mad
ur right was taken from u
and you dnt have any evidence any sourse

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by leisuretym: 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
ecode1:

What the hell are you talking about? Because he stepped out of his car without the facemask, he should be extorted. It is people like you that encourage them to continue in their bad ways.
don't be quick to insult me please, this is why I no longer post comment on this forum, I don't have time for nonsense.

that few minutes he used to step out was enough to infect the FRSC official with Covid19 , including everyone at the mobile court because of his foolishness , one you want to roll down your glass to talk to anyone on the road, be it, police, FRSC or hawkers, you should wear your mask, even when you want to give someone lift. thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by bellosulaiman(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
You alighted from the vehicle to meet the VIO without wearing face mask �... yet you claimed that whenever you alight from the vehicle, you always wear face mask.

You should be fined times two because you are lied �.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by MRSEE: 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

I got flagged down this afternoon by VIO in the FCT. One of them asked me for my papers which I handed to him. After inspection, he asked if I had a valid driver's licence, I replied yes. I made attempt to pull it out from my wallet but noticed that the Officer had walked away from my car. He met his other colleagues who were seated and then signalled me to join them.

Got down from my car and realised that I was before a mobile court. My offence, as read out to me, was that I was not wearing a facemask inside my car. I explained that I have one in the car which I wear whenever I step out of my vehicle. They refused to listen to me and went ahead to fine me the sum of five hundred and fifty naira only. I was given a paper which did not carry the details of how much I paid. I insisted that I needed a receipt for the fine which I paid. After much reluctance, one of the VIO rudely scribbed the amount they collected from me on the paper.

The mobile court judge was rude to me and others whose case he heard while my Ordeal lasted.

I guess that the time has come for everyone to wear his/her facemask at all times irrespective of where one is.

Naija for life. We too much![color=#000099][/color]
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by code4163: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
[color=#] 2524269[/color]
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by MT: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Asquare84:

Just remember you are now an ex- convict and can not context for election in Nigeria again

It was not a criminal offence.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Burger01(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
freeze001:
Why would one be expected to wear a mask when alone in his/her vehicle? Is it to protect the vehicle from coro?
Naija overdo is just unbearable angry
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Bishop(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
Asquare84:

There's no record to substantiate that, they are only after making money they would eventually share.

Nigeria does not have proper statistics or data and that is why foreign countries find it difficult to do business with it. Take the recent clampdown by the US for example.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by MRSEE: 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
It is well with naija
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by shigoawesu(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lari03r:
This is serious.

I blame the overzealous law enforcers because they act without knowledge. In fact, you would wonder if some of them are educated.

It's the trend these days, enforcement without common sense. That was how they stopped vehicles carrying day-old chicks in lockdown traffic and all the birds died in Ibadan a few weeks ago.

When law enforcement officers cannot understand the relationship between day old chicks and agricultural production-which needs to continue irrespective of the lockdown, then what is the purpose of having such persons in a job?

That's too bad
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by AsawanaDgreat: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Those vio's are sick, how car they false you to wear a facemask inside your car alone? They should also come to our houses and false us to wear it too nah,,, nonsense.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Ogeneigbo1: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:

It happened to me this afternoon. It can happen to anyone in the future hence this thread.

Please put on your facemask at all times.

Lol

Sorry for the embarrassment,Sir.
But if I may ask, where you the only person in the car .
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by blaise26abj(m): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

All fines are to be paid to the government coffers . NEVER give them cash. Insist on paying Into the government account and File a complaint in office
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by code8072: 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Azmanaty: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
leisuretym:

don't be quick to insult me please, this is why I no longer post comment on this forum, I don't have time for nonsense.

that few minutes he used to step out was enough to infect the FRSC official with Covid19 , including everyone at the mobile court because of his foolishness , one you want to roll down your glass to talk to anyone on the road, be it, police, FRSC or hawkers, you should wear your mask, even when you want to give someone lift. thanks.

Guy shut up. Is it not Buhari that went to mosque on Friday without facemask?? Why wasn't he taken to a mobile court?? What they did to the guy is pure extortion. Say it the way it is

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by AllenSpencer: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Inside your car?

Damn! Shit fvck happens
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by oyeb15: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Next time don't stop for VIO. Anytime I knew I couldn't avoid them, I speed at them especially the one that carry stick.

They are the most useless fellows on the road.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Kraytur: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
I left home smiling carrying my expensive laptop to go sell Cos korona no pity me on my way I was to take a private cab Uber but I was in haste so I joined a public cab the cab driver was so arrogant and as usual he’d ask everyone to use their mask oh I exclaimed I left mine at home so everyone has a mask and it was left just me at the back seat the driver noticed me as he drove on to the destination and having collected fare money he asked me to use my mask I told him I forgot mine at home and he could slow down in traffic so I could buy from the hawkers the hawkers came this man refused to slow down but he kept demanding I used a mask then I was starting to get upset at the rate he was pressing me to use a mask which I already told him I didn’t have at the moment and even intending to buy for his sake then getting to a nearby bus stop I asked him to hold on so I could get mask before I dropped from his vehicle I screamed telling him my computer was in his car and that he should wait for me as I was only a second away from buying the mask and returning the driver replied and I dropped mind you there was at least 6 other people in the car going to the same destination to my greatest surprise the driver sped off with my computer then I had to chase him with a tricycle to no avail later on I found the thief and he denied I ever left anything in his car so i took pictures of his car plate number and I jejely went to the station laid complaints and I eventually got him arrested he was made to take an undertaking and he’s paying the debt slowly but surely lesson learnt no more public transport without mask no more public transport for serious business and no be say I no even get Moto sef I swear they get me that day
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Am I wrong in assuming VIO stands for Vehicle Inspection Officer?
Nothing concerns vehicle inspecting with infectious disease control or what driver or passengers are wearing or not wearing on their face.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by MrPaul2: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
ozoebuka1:
If you were the only one in the vehicle, then those vio officials are criminals
They fine him because he was suppose to come out of his car with the face mask on, that was his mistake. The VIO officer use brain to catch him when he could not get hold of him with his car documents.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by mycar: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
The Guy made a mistake, why didn't he wear one when he got out from his car to meet them?
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by mignone(f): 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
F117nighthawk:
Always try and know your rights and fight for it, u are alone in the car any yet u still went ahead and pay a fine,they took advantage of your ignorance, be wise next time, no law anywhere will hold u if u are alone in your car, tell me who are u transmitting the virus to while alone in your car, be wise and shine your eyes next time
Can you please share ow u think this would have been achieved, even before d 'ignorant' judge?
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by uboma(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
leisuretym:

The man in his comments did not insult (see screenshot below) you but you choose to insult me when you have refused to read up my comments on to see where I mentioned that I wore my facemask when I stepped outta my car. Again, my offence, according to them, was that I did not wear my facemask while inside my car. Stop being a foolish man by not jumping to conclusions.

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by uboma(m): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
bellosulaiman:
You alighted from the vehicle to meet the VIO without wearing face mask �... yet you claimed that whenever you alight from the vehicle, you always wear face mask.

You should be fined times two because you are lied �.

You do have problems with reading and comprehension.

Which school did you attend please?

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
Those people are desperate for money these days. The same hunger that's biting everyone is hitting them even more

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by babyfaceafrica: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Azmanaty:

Guy shut up. Is it not Buhari that went to mosque on Friday without facemask?? Why wasn't he taken to a mobile court?? What they did to the guy is pure extortion. Say it the way it is

You are too rude to that moniker , jeez.. Can't you have a simple discussion without insults...you are one of the reason, intelligent people don't comment that much on nairaland... You can defer opinions with insults
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by code8175: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
[color=#] 2803361[/color]
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by code8175: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by uboma(m): 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ogeneigbo1:

Sorry for the embarrassment,Sir.
But if I may ask, where you the only person in the car .

Thanks.

Yes Sir, I was the only one in the vehicle at the time.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by leisuretym: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Azmanaty:

you all should be sent to prison
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by MrPaul2: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
dreu2fine:

bros u no well ooooo
inside ur car ,u alone ,dem no go try am for warri,
are dey mad
ur right was taken from u
and you dnt have any evidence any sourse
Did you read it at all? He said he walk into the court with his face mask in the car. It simply means he was tr*** without face mask grin grin the VIO guy use sense catch am since his paper was ok grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Side Effects Of Sleeping With Lights On / 64 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1337, 255 Discharged, 40 Deaths / Black Soot: They Have Returned With A New Strategy And In Full Force!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.