Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car (51312 Views)

My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). / Policemen Without Face-Masks Try To Arrest Man For Not Wearing Face Mask In FCT / Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
uboma:

Lol. I was not ready for them on that day as I had more pressing issues to attend to.

VIO, Civil Defence and the mobile courts are simply rogues, waiting to extort money from motorists.

I come out prepared all d time. Experience have taught me that. In fact u need to see my self-made bu***tproof. I ain't taking chances no more. I think all our Nigerian military and paramilitary are suffering paranoid schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

I got flagged down this afternoon by VIO in the FCT. One of them asked me for my papers which I handed to him. After inspection, he asked if I had a valid driver's licence, I replied yes. I made attempt to pull it out from my wallet but noticed that the Officer had walked away from my car. He met his other colleagues who were seated and then signalled me to join them.

Got down from my car and realised that I was before a mobile court. My offence, as read out to me, was that I was not wearing a facemask inside my car. I explained that I have one in the car which I wear whenever I step out of my vehicle. They refused to listen to me and went ahead to fine me the sum of five hundred and fifty naira only. I was given a paper which did not carry the details of how much I paid. I insisted that I needed a receipt for the fine which I paid. After much reluctance, one of the VIO rudely scribbed the amount they collected from me on the paper.

The mobile court judge was rude to me and others whose case he heard while my Ordeal lasted.

I guess that the time has come for everyone to wear his/her facemask at all times irrespective of where one is.

Has anyone had a similar ordeal?

But you didn’t wear it when you stepped out in that instance. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by uboma(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
0KNM:

But you didn’t wear it when you stepped out in that instance. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not true!
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by letitrainnow(m): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lucky dude.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by LaJoe2: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
In their mind now, that's Intrapreneurship.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by discusant: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

I got flagged down this afternoon by VIO in the FCT. One of them asked me for my papers which I handed to him. After inspection, he asked if I had a valid driver's licence, I replied yes. I made attempt to pull it out from my wallet but noticed that the Officer had walked away from my car. He met his other colleagues who were seated and then signalled me to join them.

Got down from my car and realised that I was before a mobile court. My offence, as read out to me, was that I was not wearing a facemask inside my car. I explained that I have one in the car which I wear whenever I step out of my vehicle. They refused to listen to me and went ahead to fine me the sum of five hundred and fifty naira only. I was given a paper which did not carry the details of how much I paid. I insisted that I needed a receipt for the fine which I paid. After much reluctance, one of the VIO rudely scribbed the amount they collected from me on the paper.

The mobile court judge was rude to me and others whose case he heard while my Ordeal lasted.

I guess that the time has come for everyone to wear his/her facemask at all times irrespective of where one is.

They were exploiting Corona Virus lockdown. Was there any law stipulating that facemsk must be won while driving?
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Kingstanding: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

. When you got down from your car did you wear your face mask? No, that's more reason you were penalized.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Kraspo(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
FCT VIO are bunch on hungry criminals looking for how to extort people of their hard earned money. You will see them even by 8PM on a Sunday

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by badoh(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
freeze001:
Why would one be expected to wear a mask when alone in his/her vehicle? Is it to protect the vehicle from coro?
What if you lift a passenger and you eventually forget to use your mask immediately you carry the passenger?
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by ccollins(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

you ought to have contacted a lawyer to help and guide u on what to do before u stepped down from your vehicle.u can contact me tho
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Angelfrost(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
What exactly is the business of a Vehicle inspection unit with face masks??! On what or whose authority are they setting up mobile courts or even charging fines??!...

This nation is seriously confused!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Jabioro: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
These are the one of numerous fake mobile Court..Thug or tout as a judge..you see how they are destroying the court..

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Chukwumablessin: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
My brother endure, coro has created avenue for those yeye agberos in the name of Covid19 taskforce . Here na 5k no abeg
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Euegene100001: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mtcheeewww stories
Asquare84:

Just remember you are now an ex- convict and can not context for election in Nigeria again
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by uboma(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kingstanding:
. When you got down from your car did you wear your face mask? No, that's more reason you were penalized.

Read my comments on this thread carefully. You will find out why I got penalized.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by tellwisdom: 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
What is VIO? So you cannot slap them and go your way?

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by ecode1(m): 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Government officials in Nigeria always have this mindset. They are always out to extort instead of correct. This is the reason why our society is the way it is currently. Very bad and nothing seems to be working. I see no reason why you arrested someone who was alone in his car because he wasnt wearing facemask. This people should know that a day of judgement is waiting for them.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by masterP042(m): 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:

Pray that you do not get caught up in the same situation. The guys I met yesterday were out to extort money from motorists by all means. Did you read where I tried to make a defence that I didn't need the facemask inside my car as I was alone? Did you read where I described the mobile court Judge being too full of himself and not willing to reason with me? We are in a lawless country where anything goes. I valued my time more than to exchange words with government officials who should have known better but decided to look the other way for financial gains.
And you and I know that the country has gone to the dogs. And it's on a downward spin. But I don't know why some people are against those calling for Biafra, and disintegration of the country into smaller units. Is it that they enjoy this country like this? Is this the type of country we would like to leave our children's children for?

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by leisuretym: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
the main question is did you wear the face mask when stepping out of your car to attending to them? if you didn't wear it then, you're guilty as charged!
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Resees: 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
Asquare84:

Just remember you are now an ex- convict and can not context for election in Nigeria again
Just like that?
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by dajan03: 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
Na money them dey find. Nothing pass that one

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by myk2mic: 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
U wear ur facemask wen in a public place with other pple, u aren't supposed to wear it wen alone in ur car, who are u protecting urself from alone inside ur car?? Ur self.

This country sef dey tire person, op I hope the vio officials had masks on too while talking to you.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Ishilove: 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Angelfrost:
What exactly is the business of a Vehicle inspection unit with face masks??! On what or whose authority are they setting up mobile courts or even charging fines??!...

This nation is seriously confused!!!
They are on illegal duty. The biggest problem with Nigeria is Nigerians.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by omoiyalayi(m): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Am sure you are not the only one that have suffered this kind of treatment from the so called law enforcement officers

Can you please state the exact location where this happen to you so we can take them up ??

They need to be reported even the so called judge

Police have done the same thing to me by asking why I was not wearing face mask when I was alone in the car, I had to educate them on wearing of face mask and they let me go

Those vio are either doing it out of ignorance or just deliberately cashing on member of the public

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by iokpebholo: 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Pharaoh4rin:

Mine was in Area 1 round about. I told them that my ear lobe is in severe pain and I can't wear it. They got rude with words and I decided to turn my walk off. When one made an attempt to grab me, I told him to back off or else I will orphaned his children. He was terrified and I walked off. I heard one saying that "u d show muscle abi?" I walked off. Don't be too gentle in Nigeria.
obey simple instructions,put on ur facemask especially when u are in public place. u might not be too lucky especially with armed security men oh
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by stagger: 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

Get a lawyer and challenge that judgement in court. There is no existing law in Nigeria mandating people to wear a face mask inside a vehicle which they own and drive. Know that you are now a convicted individual. However, the constitution of a mobile court which does not allow you representation is illegal.

Everything done was illegal. Challenge it in court and sue for damages.

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by ecode1(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
leisuretym:
the main question is did you wear the face mask when stepping out of your car to attending to them? if you didn't wear it then, you're guilty as charged!

What the hell are you talking about? Because he stepped out of his car without the facemask, he should be extorted. It is people like you that encourage them to continue in their bad ways.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Clonus: 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

did you wear the mask when you stepped down to meet them? If no then you are liable
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by iokpebholo: 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
stagger:

Get a lawyer and challenge that judgement in court. There is no existing law in Nigeria mandating people to wear a face mask inside a vehicle which they own and drive. Know that you are now a convicted individual. However, the constitution of a mobile court which does not allow you representation is illegal.

Everything done was illegal. Challenge it in court and sue for damages.
Don't waste ur time.Move on with ur life
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by cashinnaira: 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Most uniform guys are semi-illiterates. They are more humble after they retire from service.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by stagger: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
leisuretym:

Guilty as charged under which law passed by which National Assembly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

64 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1337, 255 Discharged, 40 Deaths / Four Side Effects Of Sleeping With Lights On / 10 Causes Of Low Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.