Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car (51313 Views)

My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). / Policemen Without Face-Masks Try To Arrest Man For Not Wearing Face Mask In FCT / Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by cbngov01(m): 6:24am On Jun 08, 2020
uboma:

It happened to me this afternoon. It can happen to anyone in the future hence this thread.

Please put on your facemask at all times.

Lol

Nope I wont in my car!
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by wolverine1987: 7:07am On Jun 08, 2020
uboma:
Hello everyone,

I got flagged down this afternoon by VIO in the FCT. One of them asked me for my papers which I handed to him. After inspection, he asked if I had a valid driver's licence, I replied yes. I made attempt to pull it out from my wallet but noticed that the Officer had walked away from my car. He met his other colleagues who were seated and then signalled me to join them.

Got down from my car and realised that I was before a mobile court. My offence, as read out to me, was that I was not wearing a facemask inside my car. I explained that I have one in the car which I wear whenever I step out of my vehicle. They refused to listen to me and went ahead to fine me the sum of five hundred and fifty naira only. I was given a paper which did not carry the details of how much I paid. I insisted that I needed a receipt for the fine which I paid. After much reluctance, one of the VIO rudely scribbed the amount they collected from me on the paper.

The mobile court judge was rude to me and others whose case he heard while my Ordeal lasted.

I guess that the time has come for everyone to wear his/her facemask at all times irrespective of where one is.

Has anyone had a similar ordeal?
Those vio people in Abuja r nore terrible than police these days especially around d AYA axis and they can frustrate u

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by freeze001(f): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2020
This is a period of extreme caution. If one is a commercial driver and is likely to pick up strangers, by all means have a mask on but for a private car owner, myself for example, I will not pick up anyone at all. If any one chooses to, then he must take the required precaution but as long as one is alone in a vehicle, a mask is not needed on the face at that material time please!

badoh:

What if you lift a passenger and you eventually forget to use your mask immediately you carry the passenger?

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by henrygale(m): 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
I've actually been flagged down by security officers while alone in the car, and asked why I wasn't wearing face mask. I politely told them I didnt need one since I was the only one in the car. They just smiled and let me pass. Even army folks stopped me and did same....andd I gave them same explanation.

We should know not all our security men are smart ....and we should learn to deal with them smartly. I always have one in the car nothwithstanding..........so I case I pick anyone, I use mine and ask my passenger to also do so.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by JaruJaru890: 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ladipodeal:

I know sir.. Just comparing with Lagos. Everything for Lagos Na wahala.
na wa
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Tapout(m): 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
freeze001:
Why would one be expected to wear a mask when alone in his/her vehicle? Is it to protect the vehicle from coro?

the thing tire me...everything has been monetized so everyone is desperately looking for how to cash out on any slight error. Lagos is the first place I visited and got to know residents pay for their dirt to be taken away by government. And people keep wondering y lagos is dirty. People never see food chop finish, u expect them to come and pay for dirt.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Dynamite789: 6:33am On Jun 10, 2020
Ladipodeal:

I don't think any VIO fine in Lagos is less than 20k.

I was surprised when I read N550, my first tot was N550k.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by stillthematter: 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

64 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1337, 255 Discharged, 40 Deaths / Four Side Effects Of Sleeping With Lights On / 10 Causes Of Low Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.