Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,527 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters (49651 Views)

Ibanga Bassey: Senator Bassey Otu Is A Risky Choice For Cross Rivers APC / Etang Umoyo Edet Decamps From APC To PDP In Akwa Ibom State / Senator Etang Umoyo Fails To Decamp To PDP At Udom’s Endorsement Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by 2mercy: 3:26pm On May 28, 2020
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has suddenly shut down its headquarters for two weeks after the death of Ibanga Bassey Etang, the acting executive director of finance.

There are fears that he might have contracted the coronavirus.

Silas Anyawu, who signed the memo shutting down the office on behalf of the management, wrote: “I am directed to inform all staff that management has approved that the commission be shut down for two weeks from today 28 May 2020.

“Consequently, all activities in the commission including ongoing matters are hereby shut down for the time being.

“Members of staff are to ensure that all electrical appliances in their offices are switched off before leaving the premises.

“The head security is by this memo directed to work out modalities to ensure the safety and security of the commission while director, the administration is requested to fumigate and decontaminate the entire offices and premises in the Headquarters during the period.

“Meanwhile staff are enjoined to go into self-isolation for two weeks as they await further directive from Management.”

The director’s death is coming during the forensic audit of the commission’s activities as ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari.

In October 2019, the president that the commission’s activities from 2001 to 2019 should be probed.

On Wednesday, the senate set up an ad hoc committee to probe the interim management committee of the NDDC over alleged mismanagement of N40 billion.

https://www.thecable.ng/nddc-suddenly-shuts-down-head-office-as-executive-director-dies

2 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by maxjax(m): 3:50pm On May 28, 2020
tongue one-by-one dem don dey go

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Victornezzar: 3:50pm On May 28, 2020
I thought I saw NCDC cheesy cheesy

279 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by SoulB6: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Coronavirus is the last thing I am worried about now

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by chiboyo(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
RIP to the dead!!

However, i wish our politicians and top government functionaries of money spinning parastatals would realise that death would come to everyone and you will not die with all the funds amassed/stolen.

Do your bit when you are alive to help people and do not eat govt funds entrusted to you!!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Heffalump(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Covid-19 has struck with its dagger again . tongue

RIP Sir!

4 Likes

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by BloggerAdmin(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
This follows the sudden death of Asari Toru LGA Chairman Chief Odiari Princewill today.

And Wike was busy fighting the poor masses rather than fight Corona Virus

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by RapistOnBail: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
grin

Loss of Job on its way.

May the poor find solace in that imagination of theirs.
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Goldenheart(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Mismanagement of N40bn

Maybe he faked his death to avoid prosecution.

This is Nigeria. tongue

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Olaide1295: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
For a second, i thought this was NCDC.
Scared the shit out of me

15 Likes

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by babaRUNtinz(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
it is well.. shutting everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Muyiwaipere(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
SCAMDEMIC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by darocha1: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
May his soul rest well

2 Likes

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Some people really count in this country, Ask yourself this question, The last time you fall sick , Who shutdown for you , Use your head and work hard to be relevant

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by AmazingMOG: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Too bad
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Yankee101: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Director of finance? While a probe of finances is ongoing? Don't blame everything on COVID-19 abeg

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Golan007: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Some people still call it audio until it gets to their family.

7 Likes

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by kennypoju(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Inside life
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by ajashey11: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
UK used laptops up for pickup

1 Share

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by paulolee(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
good
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Sebastine1994(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2020

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by dayleke: 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
Better safe than sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by scoundrel(f): 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
I like how the virus is putting everyone and everything on high guard.

1 Like

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Staphylococcus: 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
Shit happens!

One witness has been silenced.

Now its all fiction.

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by Stewart883(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
Damn!!
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by JomoGbomo1Akpos: 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by SenatorBright(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
Naija my country
Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by tillaman(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
I don fear na I thought it was NCDC
So for every death now na Coro dey enter our mind as the cause

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibanga Bassey Etang's Death: NDDC Shuts Down Headquarters by UbongCR7(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
Gather here if you thought it was NCDC.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States Where Atiku, Tinubu & Obi Will Win In 2023 Presidential Elections - SBM / Suicide Bombers’ Trainer Nabbed With 16 Females / Photos From The Police And Navy Clash In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.