Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. (1814 Views)

My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home / Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Abbeylanre15(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2020
It is a worrisome feeling whenever I remember that my 87 years old maternal grandfather has decided to marry again. He lost his wife( My Grandma) just last year January. His children decided to get him an houshelp to do all the domestic works.
Late last year that we visited himand I overheard the lady( House help) telling his tenants that a particular woman(under 45) do come and spend nights with Baba. To cut the long story short, the woman has moved in with Baba.
I know you will be wondering how that concerns me, well, Baba has no other source of income than his children and grandchildren. The rate at which he calls everyone now is quite alarming. 10k isn't enough for Baba in a week. Sometimes last month, I decided to blacklist his number due to incessant demand for money. His so called wife too has no job.
His children summoned a meeting n told the woman outrightly that Granpa doesn't need a wife any longer, therefore,she should leave.But Grandpa was against it saying she's her BLOOD TONIC.
Pls what can we do? I'm scared the woman may cajole Papa to sell his house before he dies because she looks desperate to me.

3 Likes

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by vickyfrancis1(m): 7:13pm On May 28, 2020
Allow the man to enjoy his life before meeting his creator...how old is Buhari and OBJ... Better send him one or two if you have.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by fati2001(m): 7:15pm On May 28, 2020
lol
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Shezkid01(m): 7:21pm On May 28, 2020
Baba want to keep eating work
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Richy4(m): 7:27pm On May 28, 2020
If she will make him happy why deny him the "Blood tunic " then?..

Just saying because on his demise, u guys that blocked his number now will be shedding crocodile tears, professing how much you loved him..

Oya now is the time to show and demonstrate such love. Are u gonna deny him just this one wish? grin

1 Like

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Mariangeles(f): 7:37pm On May 28, 2020
He needs company. You all shouldn't deny him that because of your selfish greed on his property.

Think of it this way; if he needed a maid to assist him, you'd pay for his or her services right? So then, give that money to his partner for their upkeep.
That woman is doing y'all a humongous favour by keeping him company.
Do you know what it means? He'll live the rest of his life with company and die happy.
Studies have revealed that loneliness kill older people faster.
The reason you don't want her around is because baba has a house, or else it would have been tagged "true love" if he had nothing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by stjsd(m): 7:38pm On May 28, 2020
Lolzz.... Are you for real?
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by FlordFlorez(m): 7:39pm On May 28, 2020
That blood tonic part grin baba last wish.

2 Likes

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 28, 2020
Make una do everything possible pursue that leechy parasite from una papa side.

1 Like

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by merieam16(f): 8:53pm On May 28, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
It is a worrisome feeling whenever I remember that my 87 years old maternal grandfather has decided to marry again. He lost his wife( My Grandma) just last year January. His children decided to get him an houshelp to do all the domestic works.
Late last year that we visited himand I overheard the lady( House help) telling his tenants that a particular woman(under 45) do come and spend nights with Baba. To cut the long story short, the woman has moved in with Baba.
I know you will be wondering how that concerns me, well, Baba has no other source of income than his children and grandchildren. The rate at which he calls everyone now is quite alarming. 10k isn't enough for Baba in a week. Sometimes last month, I decided to blacklist his number due to incessant demand for money. His so called wife too has no job.
His children summoned a meeting n told the woman outrightly that Granpa doesn't need a wife any longer, therefore,she should leave.But Grandpa was against it saying she's her BLOOD TONIC.
Pls what can we do? I'm scared the woman may cajole Papa to sell his house before he dies because she looks desperate to me.
Lmao
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Abbeylanre15(m): 9:08pm On May 28, 2020
Richy4:
If she will make him happy why deny him the "Blood tunic " then?..

Just saying because on his demise, u guys that blocked his number now will be shedding crocodile tears, professing how much you loved him..

Oya now is the time to show and demonstrate such love. Are u gonna deny him just this one wish? grin

Oga... I wish I have the kind of money he thinks I have. There wouldn't be any problem satisfying his wish
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Abbeylanre15(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2020
Bozzyironlady:

All right sir...
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Abbeylanre15(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2020
stjsd:
Lolzz.... Are you for real?

I'm damn serious
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Abbeylanre15(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:
He needs company. You all shouldn't deny him that because of your selfish greed on his property.

Think of it this way; if he needed a maid to assist him, you'd pay for his or her services right? So then, give that money to his partner for their upkeep.
That woman is doing y'all a humongous favour by keeping him company.
Do you know what it means? He'll live the rest of his life with company and die happy.
Studies have revealed that lonliness kills older people faster.
The reason you don't want her around is because baba has a house, or else it would have been tagged "true love" if he had nothing.

Sir, there's a maid working for him. I got to know through the maid sef

1 Like

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by doitforyou(f): 9:13pm On May 28, 2020
I don’t know why people are brushing off your concerns. Elder abuse is real and people DO take advantage of the elderly. If his recent spending habits are suspicious, i.e needing more money than usual then your concerns are valid.

He already has a caregiver, so you guys are now paying for a maid and a blood tonic. He just lost your grandmother, whom I would assume he spent a lifetime with, so he’s vulnerable. The children and grand children should be more careful and make sure the young woman does not make herself his power of attorney. She can be his blood tonic, if that’s what he needs, but keep her far away from his assets.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Mariangeles(f): 9:21pm On May 28, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

What he needs is more than a maid.
He needs a partner to keep him company. Don't deny him that if you want him to live longer.
Try to listen to him and understand him.
As for the woman, you can try to find out what her true intentions are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Abbeylanre15(m): 9:35pm On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

He needs a partner to keep him company. Don't deny him that if you want him to live longer.

Okay!
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Biglittlelois(f): 9:45pm On May 28, 2020
grin Your Grandpa is funny with the blood tonic part, thing is, he would never push that woman away because you all said so, even if any of you try to remove her forcefully from the house, who would stay there permanently to ensure she wouldn't come back? Just let Papa be, and decide on a particular amount he will get in a month and stamp on it, that way he will know you guys wont give more even if its not enough to finance his girlfriend cheesy,

But some women sef, they must show their leeching money hungry self to the extent of taking advantage of an old man, smh.

3 Likes

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by SweetCunt97(f): 9:51pm On May 28, 2020
Bozzyironlady:
And will you keep the old man company? Will any of his kids b there for him? Let d man simply get d woman something doing.
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Hathor5(f): 9:51pm On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

I actually love it that he has not given up on himself. smiley
I was watching a dating show a few days ago and there were two 60+ people looking for love. They were adorable. cheesy
They said they had not time to lose so they would rush things a little bit. grin

1 Like

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by missimelda01(f): 9:53pm On May 28, 2020
Blood tonic ke? Some people have not been called this since they started dating grin

I think you all should come together and help him start a small business that can sustain his new family, they might genuinely be in love, so you can choose to either be for them or against them.

1 Like

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Mariangeles(f): 10:07pm On May 28, 2020
Hathor5:

I actually love it that he has not given up on himself. smiley
I was watching a dating show a few days ago and there were two 60+ people looking for love. They were adorable. cheesy
They said they had not time to lose so they would rush things a little bit. grin

What most young people don't understand is that old people need love too.
At that point in their lives, they don't care much about whatever property they have.

1 Like

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by highbee02: 11:19pm On May 28, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

He said that the amount of money u would give to the maid @ d end of the month should be given to Grandpa's partner, for the upkeep.
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Nobody: 2:17am On May 29, 2020
From what you've written, it does sound like she's using him and she's likely the one persuading him to re-marry due to her own interests. It may be hard for him to find someone else, thus you and the rest of your family should simply protect his assets from her.

As for you, Iunno how you could comfortably blacklist your 87-year old grandpa. His sudden, unusual demand for more money signifies he's being influenced by someone (he's obviously giving her the money and she too should be ashamed of herself for taking money from an 87-year old man).
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Tillatalk: 5:55am On May 29, 2020
Bozzyironlady:
your grandkids will do same thing to you then you will realise what loneliness can do in someone's life

1 Like

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by ednut1(m): 6:45am On May 29, 2020
Let baba be. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Abbeylanre15(m): 7:01am On May 29, 2020
Biglittlelois:
grin Your Grandpa is funny with the blood tonic part, thing is, he would never push that woman away because you all said so, even if any of you try to remove her forcefully from the house, who would stay there permanently to ensure she wouldn't come back? Just let Papa be, and decide on a particular amount he will get in a month and stamp on it, that way he will know you guys wont give more even if its not enough to finance his girlfriend cheesy,

All right sir
But some women sef, they must show their leeching money hungry self to the extent of taking advantage of an old man, smh.
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Abbeylanre15(m): 7:04am On May 29, 2020
aeion:
From what you've written, it does sound like she's using him and she's likely the one persuading him to re-marry due to her own interests. It may be hard for him to find someone else, so you and the rest of your family should simply protect his assets from her.

As for you, Iunno how you could comfortably blacklist your 87-year old grandpa. His sudden, unusual demand for more money signifies he's being influenced by someone (he's obviously giving her the money and she too should be ashamed for taking money from an 87-year old man).

I did it out of frustration
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by crackkhaus: 8:09am On May 29, 2020
Lmao... papa is a rolling stone cheesy

But you people might need to protect him from that woman or at least keep a close eye on her.
She's not with him because she LOVES him grin

4 Likes

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Hathor5(f): 9:06am On May 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

What most young people don't understand is that old people need love too.
At that point in their lives, they don't care much about whatever property they have.

Everyone should be free to look for and find love. smiley
Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by KevinDein: 9:19am On May 29, 2020
87 year old getting down with a 45 year old, like a fvcking boss; old boy is a role model. I need these types of masculine examples in my life.

2 Likes

Re: My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry. by Houseofglam7(f): 9:25am On May 29, 2020
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Toxic Parenting: Does My Mom Deserve To Be Taken Care Of After All This? / Help Me Out: My Fiance Has a Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.