Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments (29254 Views)

How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) / Condiments Available / Using Locust Beans(iru/ogiri/dawadawa) To Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by nazablossom(f): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
sassysure:

U dey do me longer throat, right? cheesy cheesy
Its alright cry

I envy you guys but people like me improvise.

Don't envy us o. You can improvise, while we are stuck here grin
Who ji iyooo help cheesy
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
nazablossom:
Don't envy us o. You can improvise, while we are stuck here grin
Who ji iyooo help cheesy
cheesy kiss kiss
You are very funny cheesy
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by shapman: 5:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
Iru; I would rather use salt as seasoning than that mouth odor inducing thing! Eewww lipsrsealed
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by captain247: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
I use to like Iru before especially when preparing ogbono, okro and edikainkong soup but since after i was sold the one that was bad very bad I mean and that day my whole pot of edikainkong went to the trash. I stopped using using it in any food.

1 Like

Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by nazablossom(f): 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
sassysure:

cheesy kiss kiss
You are very funny cheesy
Thanks sis kiss
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Mineisgrace(f): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
Munzy14:

The difference is the addition of scent leaf for Igbos. I used banga so people who aren't Igbo will flow with the discussion.

Palm fruit is called banga in our pidgin especially for SS people(delta and rivers precisely).

Akwu is it's Igbo name.

Ofe is soup in Igbo.
Banga soup
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2020
eni4real:
I love okpei wink

Hmmm.... You love okpei right? Tori oti ri omo ibo lo wan so isokuso abi? cheesy Mo ka e loni. Waa ri sad
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2020
Eulalia:

Hmmm.... You love okpei right? Tori oti ri omo ibo lo wan so isokuso abi? cheesy Mo ka e loni. Waa ri sad

Lolz!!
Love don't care grin
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
eni4real:
Lolz!!
Love don't care grin

**yinmu**.
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
Eulalia:

**yinmu**.
wink
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
eni4real:
wink

angry
Am I laughing? Mtchew.
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Eulalia:

angry
Am I laughing? Mtchew.
Action speaks louder!! Ikoyi, here I come! cool
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
eni4real:
Action speaks louder!! Ikoyi, here I come! cool

Lolz... You are not serious o hahahaha.. Eni please I can't laugh. grin cheesy.. Hmm
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
Eulalia:

Lolz... You are not serious o hahahaha.. Eni please I can't laugh. grin cheesy.. Hmm
See who is laughing now.. wink grin

1 Like

Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
victorjoe:
Yuck! Smelling thing... Yoruba babe came to my house and cooked, iru changed the smell of my house the whole day

it smells alright but the sweetness for bitter leaf soup no be here.
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
eni4real:
See who is laughing now.. wink grin

Yeah yeah.. You sure know how to quench a womans' fury and calm her down. I forgive you dear. smiley
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Eulalia:

Yeah yeah.. You sure know how to quench a womans' fury and calm her down. I forgive you dear. smiley

You are welcome darling grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by SavageResponse(m): 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
I love the smell of ogiri in bitter leaf soup
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Emmafly(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2020
Good morning,

I have ugu leaves for sale directly from the farm. order for any quantity. though at least a sizeable quantity. can supply anywhere within lagos. My farm location is at ikorodu. I will also embark on large scale dry season ugu farming by November, so potential buyers should also keep this number.

08183549869- Emmanuel.
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Tinder01: 3:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
Can not say much, but I dey sell am for we'll package stuff.
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Probz(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
They’re a difference between okpei and ogiri proper (Igbo/isi, ugba, egusi and ukpa are variants of it). You may use okpei to cook okro/ogbono, ofe akwu and egusi but you wouldn’t use it for onugbu. Not ever.
Re: Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments by Probz(m): 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
Munzy14:

The difference is the addition of scent leaf for Igbos. I used banga so people who aren't Igbo will flow with the discussion.

Palm fruit is called banga in our pidgin especially for SS people(delta and rivers precisely).

Akwu is it's Igbo name.

Ofe is soup in Igbo.

It’s not only scent leaves/ahuji (and I’m not talking about ugu either). There’s another vegetable some people add to ofe akwu.

Where does the word banga, by the way, actually come from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Banga Soup N Starch I Prepared This Afternoon. / Rate This Homemade Concoction Rice. / Rich & Affordable Birthday, Wedding And Party Cakes In Abuja. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.