Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? (3955 Views)

Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos / Osoufia in London: Nigerian Home Video/VCD / Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by Ceekay(m): 1:51am On Jan 27, 2006
Is it possible that the Nigerian home videos will run out of names, judging by the speed at which they are being produced?
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by hotangel2(f): 2:15am On Jan 27, 2006
They can NEVER run out of names.

Trust me on this one.

There are soo many names in this world. They haven't used:

Computer, pencil, bata, children might die soon, shall i ever be in love, the pen is mine, my shoes are small, My hair is long, i cannot marry your mother, who will bite me now, atutupoyo no dey for fashion, the cup shall overflow, when will jesus say no, i am no longer pregnant.

See.. that's just part of it oo. THEY CAN NEVER RUN OUT OF NAMES. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Do u know how many words are in the english language? The yoruba language?? Infact if those ones finish.. they'll start spanish! cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by icingbaby(f): 4:54am On Jan 27, 2006
@hot-angel cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

they're alway giving stupid name to movies like this Nigeria movie i saw it  was called the girl is standing i didn't even want to watch the movie because the name already sounded stupid to me matter of fact i stop watching Nigeria movies because they keep doing the same thing in ever movie.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by daniboy(m): 4:23am On Jan 30, 2006
i dont think they will eva run out of names,at the last count they av
bout 100 movies titled with love...the next one will be PRODUCER'S LOVE.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by daniboy(m): 4:23am On Jan 30, 2006
i dont think they will eva run out of names,at the last count they av
bout 100 movies titled with love...the next one will be PRODUCER'S LOVE.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by hotangel2(f): 4:24am On Jan 30, 2006
I have said it before.. They can never ever run out of names.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by p3aches(f): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2006
NIGERIAN MOVIES WILL ONE DAY RUN OUT OF TITLES AND START TO NAME THEIR MOVIES WITH THOSE SAPPY LOVE STORY TITLES
GOSH I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS
LOVE STORY
MY ONLY LOVE
OH LOVE
BEWARE OF LOVE
ALL FOR LOVE
LOVE FROM ABOVE
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST WAITING I CAN SEE IT COMING
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by IAH(f): 7:19pm On Jan 30, 2006
English home videos are still better...check out titles of Yoruba films and you will run away.
Ori eku, Imu eja, Igba Aye, Eran Iya Osogbo, Maalu Iya Ibadan, Ike Zobo, Indomie lomo, Alaba Oniresi, Hot-angel Alamala grin, etc shocked cheesy
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by Busta(f): 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2006
In my opinion, they won't run out of titles ever but they are sure running out of story lines. they keep repeating the same storylines. Just watching the movie from the start, u can easily predict the end. Gone are the days of all the nice and comic movies like "Diamond Ring", "Out of Bounds", "Saving Alero", "Playing Games", "Magun", "Saworide" etc.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by hotangel2(f): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2006
IAH:

English home videos are still better...check out titles of Yoruba films and you will run away.
Ori eku, Imu eja, Igba Aye, Eran Iya Osogbo, Maalu Iya Ibadan, Ike Zobo, Indomie lomo, Alaba Oniresi, Hot-angel Alamala grin, etc shocked cheesy

That's friggin funny!!!

p3aches:

NIGERIAN MOVIES WILL ONE DAY RUN OUT OF TITLES AND START TO NAME THEIR MOVIES WITH THOSE SAPPY LOVE STORY TITLES
GOSH I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS
LOVE STORY
MY ONLY LOVE
OH LOVE
BEWARE OF LOVE
ALL FOR LOVE
LOVE FROM ABOVE
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST WAITING I CAN SEE IT COMING
Seee.. they can never run out of names. Whatever makes them have names like that means there are still names.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by Eastcoast(f): 4:40am On Jan 31, 2006
The names of naija movies always sound similar.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by justme: 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2006
hot-angel:

They can NEVER run out of names.

Trust me on this one.

There are soo many names in this world. They haven't used:

Computer, pencil, bata, children might die soon, shall i ever be in love, the pen is mine, my shoes are small, My hair is long, i cannot marry your mother, who will bite me now, atutupoyo no dey for fashion, the cup shall overflow, when will jesus say no, i am no longer pregnant.

See.. that's just part of it oo. THEY CAN NEVER RUN OUT OF NAMES. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Do u know how many words are in the english language? The yoruba language?? Infact if those ones finish.. they'll start spanish! cheesy cheesy

hot-angel, grin grin grin you're something else, i've been laughing since i read your post cheesy, my dear nigerian movies and their names its just something that needs divine intervention! cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by Bisanke(f): 11:09am On Feb 12, 2006
IAH tell me about it with those weird names they be giving yoruba movies these days nawa o its crazy o. Even though i love yoruba movies more than the english ones they crack me up with there titles like this movie i watched its called "Maalo Moto" meaning car keep on moving and the movie had nothin 2 do wit the title it was so off track. But i still love them and like hot-angel said i don't think that they can run out of names becuase there's so many words.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by waleleader(m): 12:46am On Jan 17, 2007
I love this thread grin grin grin Please keep sharing those bizzare movie titles
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by Raymand(m): 8:16am On Jan 17, 2007
. . .as long as stupidity roams the earth? never. . .
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by vickybabe(f): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2007
i know they will, my broda stop wactchin naija movies becos they don know wha
title to give it
or sometimes the title doesn make sense with da movie
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by Seun(m): 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2007
Hollywood has produced many more movies than Nollywood and they are yet to run out of titles, so the correct answer to this question, as hot-angel has amply demonstrated, has to be "no way!" Imaginative producers will always be able to come up with good names for their movies. A movie with a bad title simply lacks a good producer.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2007
haba! how can they run out titles when they havent used

"Nutin dey happen"

"Wai !"

"Okada in action"

"Omoge cinema"

"Idol lomo'

and " So you think u can , drive!"
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by toptho(f): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2007
i doubt they will run out of titles since they dont shy away from stupid titles considering the ones they already have out
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by watever(f): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2007
toptho:

i doubt they will run out of titles since they don't shy away from stupid titles considering the ones they already have out
yea, like ''pata pupa''  grin
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by kellorah: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2007
unfortunately, NOT! angry
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by toptho(f): 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2007
@watever,lol.i dont know which ones are the worse offenders-yoruba or english
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by watever(f): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2007
toptho:

@watever,lol.i don't know which ones are the worse offenders-yoruba or english
i do!
its d Yoruba ones grin
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:21pm On Jan 28, 2007
watever:

i do!
its d Yoruba ones grin

you wish.

look up how many Yoruba movies have "love" in their titles and compare it to the English ones.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by watever(f): 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

you wish.
look up how many Yoruba movies have "love" in their titles and compare it to the English ones.
@ least their only offense is 'love'
wots a title like 'ike zobo'?
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by slimnike(m): 4:20am On Jan 29, 2007
Very soon.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by rowlandwhy: 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2008
the worst is that they split one movie to two different names like a recent one i watched whose title was confidential romance in that same movie they advertised for a movie called when she is mine there and the shots were the same as what was in the main movie
its weird.
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by aljero: 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2008
the Nigerian Home video will run out title but never will they run out of " dumb titles" , for their poorly packaged movies.

i think they can really use more help in the concept and directing of movies equally this can move the industry to the next level no disrespect.

Besides,focussing on the use of sophisticated camera to induce patronage is pointless instead they should work more on the Dumb titles,investigative concept(either fiction or non-fiction) and good directing. cool

big up more grease to your bone marrow, for keeping folks entertained,juz holla me for more dumb names abeg!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by dgb4(m): 8:38am On Jan 10, 2008
yes aljero
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by Memunah(f): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2008
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by TheSly: 10:16am On Jan 10, 2008
Nah!

because they can easily flip out pathetic titles that has nothin' to do with the story in the video!
Re: Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? by noetic(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2008
will they?

i doubt it they will only have stupid titles shocked

abi no b so? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happened To C T L/trend T V? / My Tv Decoder And Dish Installation / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.