Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,244 members, 7,860,558 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 (1007 Views)

Onaolapo Soleye Is Dead! Former Finance Minister Dies At 90 / National Theatre Lagos: 40 Billion Naira Revamp Heralds Return To Glory Days / Walter Carrington Dies At 90 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by IME1: 1:24pm On May 30, 2020
Samuel Palmer Onodje
5 hrs · 

Good night to the Great Teacher of teachers. I'm proud to have been taught by you. 
In the words of the renowned Professor Friday Okonofua, "any doctor in Nigeria that does not know the name Grillo, should be investigated ".

Friday Okonofua
7 hrs

I am so sad this morning to learn of the passing on to glory of Professor Dorothy Baxter-Grillo, who was until date a professor of Anatomy at the University of Benin.
Professor Baxter-Grillo taught me Anatomy at the 100 level at the University of Ife. Born a Jamaican, and later married to a Nigerian, Professor Adesanya Ige Grillo, she has lived in Nigeria since the 1960s - first at the University of Ibadan, later the University of Ife (now the Obafemi Awolowo University) and finally the University of Benin. I am pleased that at the time I was Provost of the Medical School in Benin, I was able to convince her to transfer her services to the University to galvanise the training of medical students. And, I am exceedingly grateful that successive Vice-Chancellors at the University of Benin have been able to retain her from that date till now. And they consistently treated her well and with great respect!

No doubt, it is evident that Professor Grillo until her death is a Nigerian - loved by Nigerians. She taught Anatomy to several generations of Nigerians with great passion and relish.
At 90+, she remained indefatigable and strong, a visionary leader in the field of anatomy that will be missed by ALL Universities in Nigeria and a great example in leadership, tenacity, and purposefulness.
To this day, Professor Baxter-Grillo and Professor Adesanya Ige Grillo are legendary names in the field of anatomy in Nigeria. Indeed, I believe any medical doctor who read medicine in Nigeria, and says he/she hasn't heard the name "Grillo" ought to be investigated.
On this note, I pray fervently for the repose of the soul of Professor (Mrs.) Dorothy Baxter-Grillo. May the good Lord spare her soul enabling her to rest peacefully in the deeper and most comfortable recesses of our Lord's temple

https://web.facebook.com/friday.okonofua.9?__tn__=%2CdlC-R-R&eid=ARDhMWYVk8bqvgQ86UiwIeD7H617uvE126YQGET77brvNjF0tyMOfahGIsRcxnB-XA6sZCbhr2F11bzb&hc_ref=ARRWlaGh2_X-Et1bjMy1R0dw5d_gTev6JRIRl5brxjElQO0NlqA8paOo8ks9lOwRtko&__nodl

1 Like

Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by IME1: 1:26pm On May 30, 2020
cry cry cry cry cry cry
May she rest in peace, amen

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by Iceberg3: 1:28pm On May 30, 2020
Rip ma
Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by IJOBA2: 1:29pm On May 30, 2020
SUN REE OOOOOOOO
Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:37pm On May 30, 2020
RIP
Buh don't know her
Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by Temidayo9(m): 1:39pm On May 30, 2020
Enire lo. Odigba

1 Like

Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by gasparpisciotta: 1:43pm On May 30, 2020
Teacher of teachers. Only God knows how many souls you have touched, i duff my hat.
RIP Prof. Baxter Grillo
Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 30, 2020
RIP dear ma, one of the kindest souls there is.
Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by blowjohn(m): 8:45pm On May 31, 2020
This should be front page.
She taught me embryology
Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by Mightyhaiz: 9:18pm On May 31, 2020
Rest in paradise great pedagogue!
Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by Nowenuse: 9:24pm On May 31, 2020
Wow! I graduated from the department of Anatomy in Uniben some years ago! She taught me!
Rest in peace our beloved Mama! cry

Admins lalasticlala front-page abeg

1 Like

Re: Professor Baxter-Grillo Of Uniben Passes On To Glory At 90 by Unigrad: 10:46pm On May 31, 2020
Nowenuse:
Wow! I graduated from the department of Anatomy in Uniben some years ago! She taught me!
Rest in peace our beloved Mama! cry

Admins lalasticlala front-page abeg
One of the best uniben brain is gone.
Very low key woman, she drove her 504 still old age. RIP Professor of Professors.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video : The Moment Obaseki Decamped To PDP / EFCC Quizzes Suspected Fraudster For Concealing 2,886 ATM Cards In Noodles(pics) / *Wike Task Edo Women, You Must Wear Your Trousers, No Skirts On Election Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.