Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board (4638 Views)

Tinubu Appoints New Board, Management For NDDC / Tinubu Settles Abe And Wike Rift / Magnus Abe And Tonye Cole All Smiles, Pictured Together In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by yungdynho(m): 2:28pm On May 30, 2020
BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari appoints Magnus Abe, Lawal, Umar, Attah, others into new board

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

This decision was reached after the expiration of the term of the board members appointed in 2016.

Members of the new Board are:

Mohammed Lawal (North West), Tajudeen Umar (North East), Adamu Mahmood Attah (North Central),
Senator Magnus Abe (South-South),
Dr Stephen Dike (South East),
and Chief Pius Akinyelure (South West).

This was contained in a brief statement signed by the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina and made available to DAILY POST on Saturday.

The statement added that the new board will be in place for three years

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/05/30/breaking-nnpc-buhari-appoints-magnus-abe-lawal-umar-attah-others-into-new-board/

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by bloomstar: 2:35pm On May 30, 2020
yungdynho:
BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari appoints Magnus Abe, Lawal, Umar, Attah, others into new board

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

This decision was reached after the expiration of the term of the board members appointed in 2016.

Members of the new Board are:

Mohammed Lawal (North West), Tajudeen Umar (North East), Adamu Mahmood Attah (North Central),
Senator Magnus Abe (South-South),
Dr Stephen Dike (South East),
and Chief Pius Akinyelure (South West).

This was contained in a brief statement signed by the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina and made available to DAILY POST on Saturday.

The statement added that the new board will be in place for three years

Source?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by yungdynho(m): 2:39pm On May 30, 2020
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Salvador1: 3:25pm On May 30, 2020
Amaechi and Abe are like water and kerosene

Amaechi be like...

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Validated: 3:29pm On May 30, 2020
Salvador1:
Amaechi and Abe are like water and kerosene

Amaechi be like...

Buhari trusts Amaechi more than Aisha! grin grin grin

Na Wike Buhari go appoint next so Amaechi will be sure of the level of Buhari's love.

The more reason I pity all those "pithing" Obaseki ... Buhari no send. As he said, "I am for nobogy and for everybody".

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Afamed: 3:40pm On May 30, 2020
Gbam
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Unigrad: 3:46pm On May 30, 2020
No place for competent common man. From Senate to another money bag

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by tinsel: 3:46pm On May 30, 2020
I think Amaechi is fast losing his importance in this governemt. The first was the removal of Peterside from NIMSA withoit him evem knowing and now appointing his arch political enemy in this important position.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by fishjam: 3:50pm On May 30, 2020
Nice
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Easternsun2020: 3:59pm On May 30, 2020
New set of treasury looters.
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Unigrad: 4:25pm On May 30, 2020
Easternsun2020:
New set of treasury looters.
Former treasury looters.
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by slivertongue: 4:38pm On May 30, 2020
I pray they work for the good of all Nigerians
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by jlinkd78(m): 4:39pm On May 30, 2020
Following
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Aufbauh(m): 6:26pm On May 30, 2020
Magnus Abe who scatter the APC in Rivers state?
La las na Win Win for politicians, whereas the unfortunate ones will be online fighting.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by senatordave1(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2020
tinsel:
I think Amaechi is fast losing his importance in this governemt. The first was the removal of Peterside from NIMSA withoit him evem knowing and now appointing his arch political enemy in this important position.

What if amaechi is behind it as part of the politics of reverse psychology? Mind you no federal appointment can come out of rivers without amechi's input.let's not be deceived

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by 9japride(m): 6:39pm On May 30, 2020
All these appointments that don't have any relevance to the success of the oil industry. Just political settlement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by senatordave1(m): 6:39pm On May 30, 2020
Aufbauh:
Magnus Abe who scatter the APC in Rivers state?
La las na Win Win for politicians, whereas the unfortunate ones will be online fighting.

Amechi scattered it indirectly.only magnus could have defeated wike.perhaps amechi has realised this and has started empowering him towards 2023.or it could be the work of sylva.

A certain agboriotejoye will be in serious pains now
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by tinsel: 6:42pm On May 30, 2020
senatordave1:

What if amaechi is behind it as part of the politics of reverse psychology? Mind you no federal appointment can come out of rivers without amechi's input.let's not be deceived
I think Sylva has a hand here.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by senatordave1(m): 6:48pm On May 30, 2020
tinsel:

I think Sylva has a hand here.

Its possible.it could also be amechi's doing.one thing with buhari is that he doesn't forget favours,he always pays loyalty.he never forgets any favour done him.without amechi,he wouldn't have been president.he is always grateful
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2020
senatordave1:

Amechi scattered it indirectly.only magnus could have defeated wike.perhaps amechi has realised this and has started empowering him towards 2023.or it could be the work of sylva.

A certain agboriotejoye will be in serious pains now
Can you kindly explain to me how this will give me pains. Is any of them my enemy? Last I checked Abe and Amaechi are not on friendly terms. You're the Nairaland analyst who looked at the crystal ball and saw Amaechi endorsing Abe and not peterside his protege who just got kicked out of nimasa for a northerner.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by babyfaceafrica: 8:18pm On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Can you kindly explain to me how this will give me pains. Is any of them my enemy? Last I checked Abe and Amaechi are not on friendly terms. You're the Nairaland analyst who looked at the crystal ball and saw Amaechi endorsing Abe and not peterside his protege who just got kicked out of nimasa for a northerner.

I checked Abe and Amaechi are not on friendly terms.

We are talking politicians, you are talking friendly terms..it is all about the national cake.. These two might be drinking beer today at an exotic club now.. Let politicians deceive you

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:43pm On May 30, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

I checked Abe and Amaechi are not on friendly terms.

We are talking politicians, you are talking friendly terms..it is all about the national cake.. These two might be drinking beer today at an exotic club now.. Let politicians deceive you
Of course we're talking national cake and personal interests. Think about it. If you're Amaechi, will you rather an Abe whom you disagree with politically mount the board or a currently jobless protégé Peterside. Amaechi can't enter rivers state as he wishes now due to his differences with Wike. I'm sure he'll not be positively inclined to an Abe who will most likely alienate him if he becomes governor.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by babyfaceafrica: 8:49pm On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Of course we're talking national cake and personal interests. Think about it. If you're Amaechi, will you rather an Abe whom you disagree with politically mount the board or a currently jobless protégé Peterside. Amaechi can't enter rivers state as he wishes now due to his differences with Wike. I'm sure he'll not be positively inclined to an Abe who will most likely alienate him if he becomes governor.

He can't enter rivers anyhow, because wike will stop him abo?.. Make una dey deceive unaself... Wike get boys.. Amaechi get boys.. Nothing go happen.. Everybody dey in lane... And like I said earlier..... Politicians no get enemy and friends... As long as they will share the loot together and alienate me and you.. Wetin concern them... Who fight help?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

He can't enter rivers anyhow, because wike will stop him abo?.. Make una dey deceive unaself... Wike get boys.. Amaechi get boys.. Nothing go happen.. Everybody dey in lane... And like I said earlier..... Politicians no get enemy and friends... As long as they will share the loot together and alienate me and you.. Wetin concern them... Who fight help?
Ok ma
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by StreetFight: 9:13pm On May 30, 2020
Validated:

Buhari trusts Amaechi more than Aisha! grin grin grin

Na Wike Buhari go appoint next so Amaechi will be sure of the level of Buhari's love.

The more reason I pity all those "pithing" Obaseki ... Buhari no send. As he said, "I am for nobogy and for everybody".

You go cry tire. Mind your business in PDP, let us mind our business in APC
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by PureGoldh(m): 9:16pm On May 30, 2020
Issoryt
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by senatordave1(m): 9:16pm On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You accuse buhari of only appointing mostly northerners and you later claimed he gave juicy posts to his people alone.this again has punctured your watery and warped claims.

Concerning Abe and amechi,i never categorically said amechi endorsed him.I said there is a slight possibility that amechi endorsed him because any federal position coming to rivers must be endorsed by amechi and if not amechi,you can't put it past sylva.

In Nigerian politics,anything is possible to satisfy personal interest.peterside is not the only protege amechi has.peterside being kicked out might be with amechi's doing.we can't believe what all the media is telling us afterall the media are getting the info from somewhere also.we don't know whether its what they agreed originally.we are not physically there with them to know what transpired.we don't know whether the northerner is even amechi protege.for one to go far in national politics,you must have allies both north and south.that is the mistake we make about tinubu.his proteges are not just in the south west but up north.some of these northern appointees are tinubu men but because buhari is being painted as a nepotistic fellow,we miss it.
In summary,amechi and Abe are not in good terms but it doesn't mean they won't reconcile later once their interest aligns.amechi is a smart man and must know that the easiest way to remove pdp in rivers is by fielding Abe and empowering him early is key.am not saying am correct,I may be wrong.I may be right.time will tell.but the fact is that buhari is not tribalistic as being painted,not all northern appointments are buhari loyalists,some may be tinubu lackeys...I hope you understood my points

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by senatordave1(m): 9:25pm On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The question is between abe, peterside and Cole,who can easily make it to the govt house?
Re: BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board by philiancoop(m): 9:28pm On May 30, 2020
Amaechi my guy where our train

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anonymous Hacks DSTV And Gotv. All Stations Now Showing. Check / Reprisal Killings Going on In The North / Atiku To Commission Udom’s 10-lane Ring Road Project Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.