Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Why Are Some Families Like This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Families Like This? (2050 Views)

Some Families Are Really Suffering This Period / Why Are Some Families So Divided And What Can I Do To Unite Mine? / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Families Like This? by Notyamate(f): 4:52pm On May 30, 2020
There is this woman in my compound who is a widow. She moved in with her two children some months after her husband demise. Although I don't really know her story but I heard her mother-in-law (husband mother) chased her and the children out of their house in the notion that she killed her son.

Since she moved in this woman and her two children have been living from hand to mouth. Her first born, a 19 years old boy was given admission to Fuoye last year and it was a miracle he didn't missed the deadline for tuition payment. Before his admission this boy has been working as a salesboy so he was able to contribute some money towards his tuition, also with the help of his boss and some other good Samaritans.

When this boy told his father's family about his admission, they were just making promises upon promises and in the end none of them contribute a dime to his admission.

This Corona period has been hard for them as this woman couldn't go to work, she works as a food seller in a secondary school. Her 16 years old daughter wrote UTME this year. The girl has been working at a filling station to help her mother during this lockdown.

Few days ago someone told this woman that her husband's family have been selling his properties, that some days ago they sold a landed property worth 500,000 and have shared the money among themselves. And to think this woman has been sitting at home for almost three months without a kobo in her account and here are the families selling her dead husband's properties without her knowledge.

This woman is a very nice person. In fact, she's one of the nicest person I've ever met and I still don't understand why her husband's families are treating her like this.

Some of our neighbors here are trying to get a lawyer for her but she's scared these people are going to harm her children (spiritually).
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by FlordFlorez(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2020
The thing is becoming norm. Though, it cant happen to an educated woman, she will sue their ass to court.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by xendra: 5:03pm On May 30, 2020
And maybe it's even the mother that killed her son so she can be a landlady o

from experience

I've always said, the people that are most likely to kill a man are his family (especially siblings), because they stand to benefit more by claiming his property and throwing his own family out, knowingthat his new family will be his priority and they can't get from him like they use to, they'd rather he is dead as that's the only way they get access to his properties. (if they are too nice they'll share his kids and make them slaves in their various houses). But his immediate family (wife and kids) have too much to loose from a man's death especially if he is the bread winner.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by serverconnect(m): 5:04pm On May 30, 2020
Very pathetic . God will surely fight for her.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Notyamate(f): 5:08pm On May 30, 2020
xendra:
And maybe it's even the mother that killed her son so she can be a landlady o

from experience

I've always said, the people that are most likely to kill a man are hi family, because they stand to benefit more by claiming his property and throwing his own family out, (if they are too nice they'll share his kids and make them slaves in their various houses). But his immediate family (wife and kids) have too much to loose from a man's death especially if he is the bread winner.

Exactly what this woman said.

Her mother-in-law has rented the house to tenants. she's now the landlady in his dead son's house.

It baffles me that she can sleep with her two eyes closed in the house because the man was buried there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by keentola(m): 5:12pm On May 30, 2020
Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” – Bill Patterson
Do You Know hat you can get 5 books for as low as 300 naira?
Now That You Know, what is stopping You from contacting me for your Books?
I sell ALL kinds of Books. My number is in my Bio.
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:15pm On May 30, 2020
People are just heartless. I felt like crying reading this.
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Notyamate(f): 5:21pm On May 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:
People are just heartless. I felt like crying reading this.

Yeah.

It's hard seeing her children working so hard to provide for their mother when they lack for nothing when their father was alive.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by johnkey: 5:23pm On May 30, 2020
I'm sorry to say but that 19 y|o boy is a fool, even at 16 you can never try this with me and my immediate family. Mtchew
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Notyamate(f): 5:28pm On May 30, 2020
johnkey:
I'm sorry to say but that 19 y|o boy is a fool, even at 16 you can never try this with me and my immediate family. Mtchew

Please don't call him a fool.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by TrollPolice001: 5:31pm On May 30, 2020
johnkey:
We're all hulk online.
Abeg swerve

19 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Bossjakande: 5:31pm On May 30, 2020
Notyamate:

Her mother-in-law has rented the house to tenants. she's now the landlady in his dead son's house.

It baffles me that she can sleep with her two eyes closed in the house because the man was buried there.
people ate wicked
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 30, 2020
If the man has included the names of his wife and kids on his will if there is even one , will this be happening.
U have a land, only your name is on the document. U did not deem it fit to put even your son's name. Let's forget putting the wife's name, what do you expect.

It's men like him we have all over here that demonizes their wives. U talk, they will tell you his mum and family comes first.

And so many of us here who are married yet will be like this woman tomorrow if something happen to our husbands.
When they are busy making enemy out of their wives, they never care about the fate of their children.

At topic, the children will bring joy to their mum. They are already wearing adult shoes. Hope the boy will not repeat his dad's mistake and the daughter know what she want from a man and in a marriage.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Jullima(f): 5:36pm On May 30, 2020
There is nothing strange here, this is how widows are treated in Nigeria. Also, some Naija men trust their extended families over their own nuclear family, his wife and his children regarding his assets.

As a wife living in Naija, under Igando laws, I fully adopt “your money is our money, my money is mine and my children’s” philosophy. Save as much as you can, buy properties in YOUR name (hide them if your husband doesn’t understand why you have to do this). No shame or apologies, it is what it is.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by yanabasee1(m): 5:40pm On May 30, 2020
Notyamate:

I hate to feel sad for people.... But I pray the woman reaps the best fruit from her children and never get to look back to seeking any favor from them.....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by faithfull18(f): 5:41pm On May 30, 2020
Hmmn.
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Moonlightsun117: 5:44pm On May 30, 2020
johnkey:
Not as it seems. Their mother will beg them not to do anything. It is better the suffer now than be dead like their father. This world is full of evil

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:44pm On May 30, 2020
Did the man die intestate?
Who is his next of kin?
Were they legally married?

A lot of questions oooo.
Where was his wife when he was having these properties did she get involved?
What right does the mother in law have self

Obviously he did not carry his wife along in this things while alive because I cannot phantom how my husband will have all these and I will be uninterested and let my mother in law take everything

God forbid.

She should better let go of that fear and get a lawyer involved ASAP

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Notyamate(f): 5:54pm On May 30, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
Did the man die intestate?
Who is his next of kin?
Were they legally married?

A lot of questions oooo.
Where was his wife when he was having these properties did she get involved?
What right does the mother in law have self

Obviously he did not carry his wife along in this things while alive because I cannot phantom how my husband will have all these and I will be uninterested and let my mother in law takela everything

God forbid.

She should better let go of that fear and get a lawyer involved ASAP

To your first question, Yes. The man die so suddenly, he had a stomach pain and was dead before they get him to hospital.

Second question, I don't know.

Last question, Yes she has a marriage certificate.

The mother-in-law is living in their house even before her husband's death.
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Mindlog: 6:05pm On May 30, 2020
The painful reality is that 10 years from now, we will still have such situations where a man dies, his family of birth takes over his properties, throwing his nuclear family out to face the elements because many men have been indoctrinated into believing that even in marriage their wives are outsiders.

While trying to prove the wife has no right, the children become victims who struggles to find their footing while the "insiders" who happens to be their fathers' siblings and at times parents live in comfort off the man's wealth.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:18pm On May 30, 2020
Notyamate:

To your first question, Yes. The man die so suddenly, he had a stomach pain and was dead before they get him to hospital.

Second question, I don't know.

Last question, Yes she has a marriage certificate.

The mother-in-law is living in their house even before her husband's death.
Please you all should try and convince her to ger a lawyer let them see if there is any case or thing they can do.It won't be right if she worked for it with her husband only for her to be denied of such benefit and suffer a life that should not be hers

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by johnkey: 6:19pm On May 30, 2020
TrollPolice001:

We're all hulk online.
Abeg swerve
i was expecting this, fück off and maintain your lane. You can be whatever you want that's your biz
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by johnkey: 6:20pm On May 30, 2020
Notyamate:

Please don't call him a fool.
Then he should man up and stop doing like one
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Mindlog: 6:26pm On May 30, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Please you all should try and convince her to ger a lawyer let them see if there is any case or thing they can do.It won't be right if she worked for it with her husband only for her to be denied of such benefit and suffer a life that should not be hers

Even if she didn't work for it with the late husband, those children have rights to inherit what their late father left behind and not his mother nor siblings.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:32pm On May 30, 2020
Mindlog:

Even if she didn't work for it with the late husband, those children have rights to inherit what their late father left behind and not his mother nor siblings.

Exactly.I concur
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:02pm On May 30, 2020
Men who don't help secure the future of their kids are to be blamed.

Next of kin should be your wife or kids. Your sibling won't care for your family when you gone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 30, 2020
This could be all avoided if her late husband had established methods of how his family will thrive in his demise, such as legalising all his properties and transferring the right of ownership to his wife and children. Lots of men innocently assume that their family will be shown compassion by their relatives (his family), but this is usually not the case.

I'll advise her to forget her inlaws, as their behaviour shows that they will go to any extent to destroy her and her kids if she stands in their way. She should focus on her children and train them in the best way that she could.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by Kobojunkie: 4:13am On May 31, 2020
You blame the family, but some of the faults lie with the woman, unfortunately. If she had been involved in the affairs concerning her marriage from the beginning, she might have been able to prevent a good deal of what she, and her children are having to deal with right now.

Marriage is between a man and a woman. There is no excuse for women anymore, not since the time of our grandmothers.
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by merieam16(f): 11:43am On May 31, 2020
johnkey:
enu po
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by highbee02: 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
FlordFlorez:
The thing is becoming norm. Though, it cant happen to an educated woman, she will sue their ass to court.

U have spoken my mind
Re: Why Are Some Families Like This? by gfon(m): 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
I understand the woman's fear. If they have the mind to do this,dem fit knack the children jazz if the woman wants to fight for her husband's properties. Fear some extended families my people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mom Dies Saving 5-year-old Twins In Crash By Shielding Them With Her Body / This Is What I Do For A Living, Please Patronize Us. / NO ONE KNOWS TOMORROW. LIFE IS UNPREDICTABLE. LETS WATCH IT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.