Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions (12566 Views)

COVID-19: Doctors Mull Charging Patients For Ppes, Other Items / COVID-19 Doctors, Others To Begin Strike Next Week / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by ofiko123(m): 3:22pm On May 31, 2020
SirWarlock:
Can something just go well in this country undecided

I wonder o..
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by onyxo76(m): 3:25pm On May 31, 2020
HoliMaree:
Nigerian Doctors are the most useless set of doctors I've ever seen in my life. They are despicable. I find them egoistical, proud and unrefined. They lack empathy, they are unprofessional and they don't know their job. I wish they will all be sacked and we can have foreigners doing their job until we get it right.
abi o, we don't even need doctors in this country, let them all pass their exams and relocate to USA and Canada, patent medicine shop go serve us better.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by onyxo76(m): 3:29pm On May 31, 2020
Judgesledge:
seems you've got beef with Nigerian doctors, I believe you've been seeing foreign doctors the few times you were probably sick, since all of them are bad
I wonder which foreign doctor will come here to work sef, maybe from Chad sha...

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by onyxo76(m): 3:32pm On May 31, 2020
HoliMaree:

Saying Nigerian doctors are bad is an understatement, they are murderers in White Jackets
white jacket ke? since when na, no be ward coat them dey wear? abi na mortuary section you dey visit for hospital?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by onyxo76(m): 3:38pm On May 31, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Most of them went into the profession soley for the money.

They are proud and have a superiority complex over others with regular jobs - useless, entitled set of people (not all sha but most)
abi o bros, those guys proud o, but then I wish I fit do their work sha, especially that one that involve emergency operation for person wey im prick just stand forever after using those sex drug, the day we rush ma guy go one general hospital like that, the doc on duty just carry one funny instrument begin comot blood for the prick, 5 mins the thing don normal, ol boy that day I give those guys respect o
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by Nempi(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2020
HoliMaree:
Nigerian Doctors are the most useless set of doctors I've ever seen in my life. They are despicable. I find them egoistical, proud and unrefined. They lack empathy, they are unprofessional and they don't know their job. I wish they will all be sacked and we can have foreigners doing their job until we get it right.

I think you’re right. The government should sack them all, employ foreign doctors and pay them 5,000 naira as hazard allowance without any form of insurance.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by oyeb15: 4:04pm On May 31, 2020
As they did during ebola.
Government doctors are unpatriotic and wicked in discharging their duties.The don't deserve much from government.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by rotadeco27: 4:16pm On May 31, 2020
[quote author=HoliMaree post=90159691]Nigerian Doctors are the most useless set of doctors I've ever seen in my life. They are despicable. I find them egoistical, proud and unrefined. They lack empathy, they are unprofessional and they don't know their job. I wish they will all be sacked and we can have foreigners doing their job until we get it right.
Weldon ! U have tried. Do u know the hazard allowance for health workers has been 5k flat all the while . This was discovered during the pandemic and was temporarily reviewed to 50% of basic salary + additional 20% and life insurance for those on the front line . The aforementioned was supposed to be for march to June, till now nothing has been done .
Do u know that in the face of pandemic, when govt announced the recalled of some retired health workers , juth went ahead and sack some .
In my center five doctors are already in the isolation center after being infected by the virus . A good number has died with over 400 infected .
You are completely entitle to ur opinion , but know that it is unfair for some people to be enriching themselves at the expense of the lives of doctors .
If Nigeria doctors do not know their works as u claimed then embarking on strike should not have any effect!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by Decimus: 4:34pm On May 31, 2020
HoliMaree:
You are ignorant. How many foreign Doctors have to work in a rat infested hospital?
How many of them lose patients because of lack of power supply or lack of oxygen?

How many of them had to spend 8-10 years in college cos of the failure of their own government?

How many of them get paid 5000 Naira as hazard allowance without health insurance while their politicians get Millions in car and Newspaper allowance?

What's your country current budget for health?

I don't blame you, i blame them for still sticking around in the zoo.
If this persists, and they follow suit and migrate.
Maybe you will go to Medical school and become the good doctor.

Lol, you must be a teenager. Which foreign doctor will come and work in Nigeria unless some NGOs and those on Humanitarian services.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:03pm On May 31, 2020
grin grin. I will not say that they don't deserve this allowance, Insurance, Increament and many more but;we should think of others working in this same field. I remembered sometime last two weeks in JUTH when the nurses were protesting of increament and more PPE , many people were calling them unethical in their profession and unpatriotic including Doctors.
Now it is their turn they are threatening for strike. If it is NMA,NARD,MDCAN they will yield to their complaint. What of JOHESU?(Nurses,radiographers,laboratory scientist,optometrist,physiotherapist,The non-medical staff and many more.) They complain nurses attitude are bad and hostile what of Doctors? They don't care about patients(most of them not all)Do Doctors fully administer drugs,injections in this delapidated conditions? We won't to equal ourselves with them but what is fit for the goose is fit for the gander.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by ChelseaDr(m): 5:13pm On May 31, 2020
What is wrong with our leaders
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by Judgesledge(m): 5:57pm On May 31, 2020
HoliMaree:

Saying Nigerian doctors are bad is an understatement, they are murderers in White Jackets
my guess is that right now ,they are quite busy murdering lots of unfortunate CORVID 19 victims in various isolation centers. Tanx for blowing the whistle on them
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by icuminpiss(m): 6:11pm On May 31, 2020
How many years?
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by murphyibiam15(m): 6:41pm On May 31, 2020
HoliMaree:

U talk like someone who was denied studying medicine and surgery..or someone who fell out of medical school because your psychology seems messed up...heal soon son undecided
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by julimaxy: 7:25pm On May 31, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Always going on strike. Top strikers. undecided

ASUU is the top striker I know.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by Tupaq: 10:50pm On May 31, 2020
"Our hazard allowance even as at May is still reflecting the N5,000 hazard allowance they claimed they have reviewed."

Honestly erh sacrificing ones life for this country is useless. How can such professionals be receiving 5k monthly as hazard allowance? No wonder doctors are leaving in drones for a greener pasture. This country has failed woefully.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by jorez: 7:31am On Jun 01, 2020
But wait oh,why is their logo carrying snake symbol?
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by lililiu: 9:55am On Jun 01, 2020
I really believe this. I never get flu, my mom gets flu shot every yr. (she's 81). She got really sick 1st of December. I caught it from her. Doc tested her for flu, negative. 2 wks of antibiotics didn't help her. CorricidinHBP did.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:23am On Jun 01, 2020
murphyibiam15:

U talk like someone who was denied studying medicine and surgery..or someone who fell out of medical school because your psychology seems messed up...heal soon son undecided
l
Una regular statement oooo. They there they whyn yourself "You were not given medicine" Studying medicine doesn't make you a better person. The individual is the better person.
I can bet it with you most Doctors can't prescribe drugs properly either overdose or wrong prescription. So mind what you say
Re: COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions by lililiu: 3:43am On Jun 02, 2020
Last October my elderly mother got a cough that lasted about a month. I got one in November for a month. My hairdresser said she got it for 2 months. Several co-workers also had the lingering cough before I got it. I was concerned but eventually everyone kicked it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / A Nairalander's Experience With A Nigerian Clinical Psychologist. / Belly Fat After Giving Birth-what Will I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.