Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

The corrupted system of Nigerian Medical Association: Questions for you. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The corrupted system of Nigerian Medical Association: Questions for you. (541 Views)

Nigerian Medical Association Invites Tinubu, Obi, Atiku & Sowore / 2023: Saraki Tells Youths Not To Contest For Elections So As Not To Be Corrupted / 7 Questions For WAEC And President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The corrupted system of Nigerian Medical Association: Questions for you. by honestprofits: 7:00am On May 31, 2020
What happened to health insurance to all doctors(if not with their families). That's the least we can do at least a solace to a doctor as benefit in his profession. Many doctors can't even finance themselves in times of illhealth. Can you imagine the depression and despair that comes with the feeling of helplessness in ones of field?

Many doctors have died from treatable diseases because of lack of finance. Many have committed suicide due to depression and so on.

Yet, in all this, what those who call themselves leaders think they can do in a highly unstable country, medical practice and economy is to plan to task members forcefully to build one multi billion naira office complex ( not hospital or industry). Office where people sit and do nothing but steal with pen.

What happens in an NMA office if I may ask?
Do doctors gather their for luncheon, for treatment, for studies, for research or what?

The gigantic MDCN building is not even in full use, even though that one has some little work doing.

A single building in one region now that their is regional unrest and discord.
What happens to researches?
How come we excel and champion in mediocrity.

A multi billion naira office with no meaningful research result/output in its name.

Worst still, we are talking about this in the midst of COVID 19 and its setbacks. Kai, what is wrong with these people?

At a time that not even the purported increases in the hazard allowances of the health workers has been implemented, NMA is still tasking their members.... Quite discouraging

Many doctor are ready for research, yet no funding.

But we have billions for an office instead of researches that will benefit the whole nation and the world.

I shout I despair and anguish again!!!

I shout band cry to the decay I see amidst my colleagues

There is no functional state of the art diagnostic/therapeutic centre for cancer (which is among the leading cause of death now) in the whole SE, if not the nation, yet we are building edifice.

What makes an edifice if I may ask? What symbol will this edifice bear? Edifice of hopelessness or edifice of hope? Edifice of mediocrity or of merit?

Use that money and build at least one CAT/Interventional procedure lab, one all inclusive (in terms of equipment) diagnostic centre as well as therapeutic centre in the 6 geopolitical zones of the country.

That will be of benefit to doctors, their families and Nigerians at large.

If well managed, funds to build a befitting office will emanate from it.

Why is our thinking always that of "share it all, squander it, national cake, retrogressive" one?

Even Ghana and SA are using their educational and health system as tourism thus increasing their foreign exchange. Why can't we key in into one area

A system where the oga at the top is chopping and you want small oga not to chop?

We want to stop medical tourism and we are not even thinking that line? How do we plan to fight medical tourism when we are busy building office. Chaaaaaaii. I shear tears for my people

Mediocrity and corruption has eaten deep into our DNA.

Its there in every facet.
Churches build domes and auditoriums, yet no Holiness.

Schools build gigantic building yet no learning
Law court in every nook yet no justice.
Now Doctors has joined the queue and want to top it by all means.

Is this a dream my people?

Let's start by changing the system of elections and how other major decisions are reached. We need to have a say in such critical decisions s.
Most of us don't even know when and how these decisions are taken.
Including controversial press statements purporting to reflect our opinion on issues.
No wonder the election is hotly contested.

Before we enforce , pay and collect these monies. Let's ask ourselves, how is the NMA buildings in our different states? How is it maintained and of what value is it to the states?

When we answer this, we will begin to understand the edifice we plan to build.
I rest my case
Re: The corrupted system of Nigerian Medical Association: Questions for you. by Redoil: 7:04am On May 31, 2020
they are just in the profession to make money and not to safe lives
Re: The corrupted system of Nigerian Medical Association: Questions for you. by bigiyaro(m): 7:17am On May 31, 2020
I read a story where some Nigerian doctors in the USA wanted to execute an outreach and intervention program in Nigeria, surprisingly the NMA blocked the initiative through the presidency, we later heard that the beef was, NMA wanted the program done through them while, the abroad doctors wanted a direct execution cos the first program in which the money and equipment was sent to NMA, the doctors just diverted everything to their private hospitals and that was the end. Nigerian doctors na God go help them, dia corruption no be here.
Re: The corrupted system of Nigerian Medical Association: Questions for you. by Jokerman(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2020
Doctors want to have wealth like Ronaldo and the likes....

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Senators Protest Yuguda Nomination As SEC / Femi Adesina Lack Respect For Elders- Arewa Youth Consultative Forum. ( AYCF) / #southernkadunakillings: Nigerians Protests At The US Embassy In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.