Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland (57781 Views)

Blackaxe And Eiye One Killed Near Gutter They Open His Nyash - PHOTOS / Security Guard Killed Near A Bank By Rival Cultists In Calabar. Graphic Photos / Man Killed Near A Stadium In Kano After Violent Clash (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by mynaijadj(m): 6:03am On Jun 01, 2020
OAKLAND, Calif. — A federal law enforcement officer who was shot and killed while providing security at the U.S. courthouse in Oakland during a protest has been identified.

Dave Patrick Underwood, 53, died from gunshot wounds sustained after someone fired shots from an unidentified vehicle Friday night, the FBI said Sunday.

Another officer was critically injured in the drive-by shooting outside the Ronald V. Dellums Federal Building. An update on the officer’s condition has not been released.

No one has been arrested and a motive for the shooting has not been determined. The FBI, Oakland police and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms were investigating the shooting.

The contract security officers worked for the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Protective Service and were monitoring a nearby protest over the police killing of George Floyd in Minnesota, according to DHS officials.

Underwood was the brother of Angela Underwood Jacobs, recently a Republican candidate to fill a vacant U.S. district north of Los Angeles.

“My brother, Dave Patrick Underwood, a federal officer, was murdered 5/29/20 in Oakland California, while on duty during the riots,” she posted on Facebook Saturday. “This Violence Must Stop.”

Underwood graduated from high school in Pinole, a working-class suburb north of Oakland. Friends told the Richmond Standard that he participated in Soulful Softball Sunday, a community group centered on softball games and charity.

“He was a good man, everybody in the community loved him,” his friend Antwon Cloird said.

The protest in downtown Oakland began peacefully Friday but sank into chaos late into the night. City officials said at least 70 businesses were damaged or destroyed. Police said 13 officers were injured.

It wasn’t immediately known if the killing was related to the protest.

The federal building’s glass doors were smashed and the front entrance was sprayed with anti-police graffiti.

Federal officials said they’re seeing more threats and assaults against law enforcement officers at protests and warned that an attack against officers or police stations is considered an act of domestic terrorism.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fbi-identifies-federal-officer-killed-near-protest/2020/05/31/63c54098-a37d-11ea-898e-b21b9a83f792_story.html?outputType=amp

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Auxtin85(m): 6:07am On Jun 01, 2020
I think the killer officer is happy wherever he is now, he set America on fire. Americans forgot COVID-19 completely and threw social distancing to the woods

373 Likes 21 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by MadeInTokyo: 7:33am On Jun 01, 2020
Dem dom buy market

12 Likes

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2020
Chai! This protest isn't getting funny anymore. More damage has been done than the initial damage leading to the protest itself and I see more still coming on the way this week...

By the way, e be like say nobody dey even worry about Oga Coro anymore sef abi Coro itself don dey fade away.. Look at these yankee people trooping out anyhow to protest and some are even doing it shirtless and some without any face masks or protections.. Even for this Naija, people have started living their normal lives already like nothing happened. May God have mercy on us ooo...

That being said, Happy new month everyone except the rotten Vulture meat seller and his goons.. May we all have a good one..

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by sammsimm(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2020
America is about to be set ablaze

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by IBILEmayweather(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2020
[right][/right]
Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by ContractKiller: 7:33am On Jun 01, 2020

The way things are going, with the thousands of businessess, homes and offices burned to the ground by these criminals calling themselves protesters/activists, nobody is going to remember this period as the time an innocent man was brutally murdered by a criminal police officer.

Instead it will remembered by many as the time they lost their businesses in which they had invested their life savings and it will be remembered as the time their homes were burned down for which they were still paying off expensive mortgages. I nearly felt like weeping when I watched an African American business man weeping after his fellow blacks looted his shop at gun point right in front of him and they even recorded it! I saw another video where a middle aged female shop owner in a wheelchair was attacked and beaten up by looters for attempting to protect her shop from being looted.

At the end of the day these fools have taken a personal tragedy and turned it into a national one. And what makes things even worse, is that they are destroying people's livelihoods and homes at a time when America has its highest unemployment rate in history and when millions have lost their jobs due to the recession caused by Covid-19 lockdown.

Only God can judge these dimwits.

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Sexyjigga(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2020
Reminiscent of the Los Angeles riots of 1992..So many damages been done already... I'm just happy we blacks realize we ain't "New slaves" anymore.. I wouldn't even wanna be white, I'm glad I'm black.

Alexa please play me I'm black and I'm proud by James brown.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by nairavsdollars(f): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2020
Trump actions shows he supported the killing of George Floyd

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Jokerman(m): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2020
Na wa... When would peace return to the Earth??

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by NaijadrivaCars: 7:34am On Jun 01, 2020
Tit for tat isnt the best.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Elyse: 7:34am On Jun 01, 2020
God help us cry
Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by hucienda: 7:34am On Jun 01, 2020
The protests are boiling over ...

All because of the evil perpetrated by one man and his three accomplices.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Houseofglam7(f): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2020
cry

1 Like

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by francis5051: 7:34am On Jun 01, 2020
Wetin the sup for America dis days

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by JosephXavier: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
This woman sef. You talk say your brother was a good man
What of George Floyd that was killed? He does not deserve what they did to him. I'm not happy that the FBI agent lost his life but every year a black is brutally killed by the police in US and it has turned to tradition.
May his soul rest in peace but let the US government stop paying deaf ears to all this so that similar counter killings won't continue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by DenreleDave(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
When will all these nonsense stop for America....

They are using their human right "right" to destroy, loot and kill... Americans are devil bcox they do the same thing...

Shout out to my Bishop and pastor in the lord, Capslocked....

Happy birthday Man of God

gringringringringrin
Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by OakConsultNG: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
Sad
Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by lastempero: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
Another black man down.

3 Likes

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Cti28(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
Things are getting out of hand. Or is this riot some how connected to the upcoming election.

2 Likes

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Factfinder1(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
Trouble is looming
Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by luminouz(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Violence is marring Floyd legacy

1 Like

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Coronavirus84: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
Score is now 1 - 1. One police man down, One black American citizen down. Let's the peaceful protest continue. All lives matter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by davibid: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2020
YEAR 2020

WHAT A YEAR

MAY THIS KIND OF YEAR NEVER COME AGAIN IN OUR LIFETIME

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by 1stola: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2020
Another BROWN skinned man (so-called black) has been killed angry

I'm sure he was KILLED by a PALE skinned racist (so-called white).

NO JUSTICE!

NO PEACE!

3 Likes

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by CheedyJ(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2020
What a year it has been...na wa ooo

2 Likes

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Shezkid01(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2020
Peace to the world
Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by captianfreeman(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2020
Getting out of hands.
Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Righteousness89(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2020
Lawlessness will only lead to more Chaos..

If Everywhere burns, who will survive?

Americans should be Careful! If not this Glorious Nation will become an Astonishment, a Proverb and a byword among the nations

2 Likes

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by emmabest2000(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2020
American and shooting shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by jjjabulani: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2020
okay
Re: FBI Officer, Dave Patrick Underwood Killed Near Protest In Oakland by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2020
I always have problems with statements like these. That is not possible:

“He was a good man, everybody in the community loved him,” his friend Antwon Cloird said.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Photo Of Male Disguised As A Woman That Follows Amorous Man From A Nightclub / I Caught Baba Ijesha With CCTV - Comedian Princess Reveals, Breaks Down In Tears / Baboon Arrested For Attacking Teenager In Awka, Anambra State (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.