Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,155 members, 7,864,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." (2995 Views)

The Wife Of Late Major General Philip Effiong, Mrs. Josephine Effiong Is Dead. / Biafra: "I Used To Lecture Abaribe On How To Live In Prison" - Shehu Sani (Pix) / Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Muna4real(f): 9:48am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

You should be ashamed of that statement, ask your chest beating brothers on NL, they will tell you. Is this how you honor their memory, denying that you didnt kill them, you're a heartless fellow

Oh I also failed. If Awolowo failed to put something in your heads, then there is absolutely nothing I can do.
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by chariisGRACE(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2020
WeneDiali:

These guys you are quoting are bloody yoruba.

The other one calls himself ekpetit/ekpeitit. Any discerning mind can see smell their pungent yoruba odour from a 100 miles.

They are yorubas who are simply frustrated about the SESS region political contiguity as evidenced in previous elections.

Go and read the willinks commision report, it didn't start today. They did the same in the midwest when they tried to deceive the rest of the Midwest that the Binis will dominate them if they vote to leave the western region.

yorubas are never happy wherever there is peace in the land of people they've perceived to be their enemies. They are ready sponsor dissent just to destroy that peace. Exactly the trait of lucifer the devil when he was a prince in heaven before being thrown down from heaven.

I strongly suspect lucifer is the same as oduduwa. Since yorubas claim their ancestor fell from heaven.

Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Muna4real(f): 10:06am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
is he not the devil? I was saying the truth

If a devil is being defined as someone who sees the injustice done to his people(including me) , and does every thing possible to bring them out of it, then I would be glad if that devil possesses me.
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 02, 2020
Muna4real:

If a devil is being defined as someone who sees the injustice done to his people(including me) , and does every thing possible to bring them out of it, then I would be glad if that devil possesses me.

Okay
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Blackking98(m): 10:57am On Jun 02, 2020
[s][/s]
WeneDiali:

The other one calls himself ekpetit/ekpeitit. Any discerning mind can see smell their pungent yoruba odour from a 100 miles.

They are yorubas who are simply frustrated about the SESS region political contiguity as evidenced in previous elections.

Go and read the willinks commision report, it didn't start today. They did the same in the midwest when they tried to deceive the rest of the Midwest that the Binis will dominate them if they vote to leave the western region.

yorubas are never happy wherever there is peace in the land of people they've perceived to be their enemies. They are ready sponsor dissent just to destroy that peace. Exactly the trait of lucifer the devil when he was a prince in heaven before being thrown down from heaven.

I strongly suspect lucifer is the same as oduduwa. Since yorubas claim their ancestor fell from heaven.

[s][/s] trash

1 Like

Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by WeneDiali: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2020
Blackking98:
[/s][s] trash

Who no get talk, no get talk.
Aboy, open mouth yarn ya boto. grin
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Blackking98(m): 11:02am On Jun 02, 2020
WeneDiali:

Who no get talk, no get talk.
Aboy, open mouth yarn ya boto. grin
I'm not a market woman like you hence I'll not engage you or your fellow fools. From time immemorial any SSner who doesn't want to be part of Biafra is tagged a saboteur or afonja, that's the best you can offer and nairaland is tired of your old gingles, try something new like tolerating dissenting opinions or you can continue in your buffonry, it's left for you to decide.

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by WeneDiali: 11:05am On Jun 02, 2020
Blackking98:
I'm not a market woman like you hence I'll not engage you or your fellow fools. From time immemorial any SSner who doesn't want to be part of Biafra is tagged a saboteur or afonja, that's the best you can offer and nairaland is tired of your old gingles, try something new like tolerating dissenting opinions or you can continue in your buffonry, it's left for you to decide.

Na so.. you no get talkie.

Just concentrate on your amala, even within you yorubas you are not united. Your muslims hate oduduwa with passion.
Eru abooki. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5895603/amotekun-muslims-reject-oduduwa-republic/3#90197746
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Blackking98(m): 11:08am On Jun 02, 2020
WeneDiali:

Na so.. you no get talkie.

Just concentrate on your amala, even within you yorubas you are not united. Your muslims hate oduduwa with passion.
Eru abooki. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5895603/amotekun-muslims-reject-oduduwa-republic/3#90197746
Lame and dry. I thought you were going to come up with screenshots of me on a Yoruba thread or speaking Yoruba or something implicating to prove I'm Yoruba. Like I said, you're a market woman and the market is where you belong.

3 Likes

Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by muykem: 11:15am On Jun 02, 2020
Muna4real:

Oga how will they know? Ojukwu thought that he will be fighting the Nigerian army. He didn't know that other world powers will support them . By the way ,it was Nigeria that declared war on biafra and not the other way round.
You are still far from reality. This is still my point, how will not know that if Nigeria divided today that it will affect interest of world powers. You declared your independent and you said you didn't declare war.
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Muna4real(f): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2020
muykem:
You are still far from reality. This is still my point, how will not know that if Nigeria divided today that it will affect interest of world powers. You declared your independent and you said you didn't declare war.

Okay. Now can you give me ten good reasons why ojukwu shouldn't have declared biafra. Don't even mention dialogue because they do dialogue tire .if you were in his shoes, what will you have done?
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Michael004: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2020
WeneDiali:

Like I always remind lobotomized oafs like you, Biafra lost against world powers like Britain, Russian and Arabs, you were a small fry in the equation. That's why there are several books written by foreign authors like Federick forsyth, Auberon waugh etc praising Biafran resilience. Even Kissinger the US secretary of state couldn't hide his admiration of the great Biafran people. That's the pride.

Conversely, I didn't see anybody write about 'yoruba heroism' when your land capitulated to Fulani cattlemen forcing you to rush to ibadan, oshogbo to build massive refugee camps that still exists till today as a monument for your inherent cowardice and failure. Emirates run by strangers now stand on your captured lands, what have you done about that?

Your yoruba tribe also earned the unenviable record as the only African tribe defeated and beheaded by women warriors in pre-colonial Africa when masculine might was highly revered. These women fighters from dahomey (many of them pregnant) ransacked your land and forced you to hide under rocks, creating another refugee camp today known as Abeokuta (which literarily means 'refuge under the rock')

We will continue to tell you your history for the world to read. If your parents won't tell you.

'Even if a deity becomes too stubborn, you show it the tree it was carved from' - Ibo adage.
Your lies are becoming too much. You are just emotional. Kpele
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by WeneDiali: 11:59am On Jun 02, 2020
Michael004:
Your lies are becoming too much. You are just emotional. Kpele

Fact and truths are bitter my friend.
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Smoke55: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
is he not the devil? I was saying the truth
ok good for you!
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Malawian(m): 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
muykem:
This is exactly the problem of Igbo which they don't understand even in their actions till today. How can you went into war by not first study the mode of so called world powers and you knew they were stakeholders. This is the different between Igbo and Yoruba. You use your brain not emotion to take action.
Would the "World Powers" have gone to war with Igbos, if they dint have willing tools in the Yoruba and other Nigerians?
Why did you leave your Oshogbo to go and be fighting people peacefully in their Biafra as at then?
How many White poeple made up the army units of the Nigerians?
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Hotice085: 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
WeneDiali:

Who you call Yorubas?
May thunder strike you wherever you find yourself
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by Hotice085: 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
KingOKON:

AkwaIbom this furgalion of guy is a COWARD Igbo man go through his posts you will know he is Igbo, they are very deceitful set of human being, he is not Yoruba
Their stupidity is very transparent

Ettebom we know their deceitful tendencies
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by muykem: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Malawian:

Would the "World Powers" have gone to war with Igbos, if they dint have willing tools in the Yoruba and other Nigerians?
Why did you leave your Oshogbo to go and be fighting people peacefully in their Biafra as at then?
How many White poeple made up the army units of the Nigerians?
use your brain. I am only reacting to your brother that said Biafra was defeated by the help of world powers.
Re: Gen. Philip Effiong On Biafra: "I was To Be Killed As Well, Not Just Igbos." by johntolu: 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
Muna4real:

Okay. Now can you give me ten good reasons why ojukwu shouldn't have declared biafra. Don't even mention dialogue because they do dialogue tire .if you were in his shoes, what will you have done?

The Nigerian civil war was an unfortunate event in our National history and I pray we should not go through that route again for whatever reason(s), even and when we eventually decide to go our different ways as a Nation.
With regard to your request for reasons why Ojukwu should have towed a different lane during the crises, or why he should not have prolonged the war unnecessarily.
The answer to your question lies in the difference in the style of leadership of both Ojukwu and Gowon and the quality of advisers they had and their willingness or otherwise to listen to such advice.
I will like you to read the comments of the son of Ojukwu's successor, after he abdicated power, Philip Effiong about the impacts of the advice given to Gowon in some brillant decisions he took during the war and the refusal of Ojukwu to take to the advice given to him by people like Dr. Azikiwe and others which ultimately made
Dr. Azikiwe to switch allegiance to the Nigerian side when he concluded that the struggle was an hopeless one.
Kindly go through the attached link below to read more of Effiong's insight to the unfortunate Nigerian civil war.

https://www.nairaland.com/5340317/philip-effiong-ironsi-exposed-dad#80928035

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKNG!! Obasanjo Sends Strong Message To Buhari / With What Am Seeing, Nnamdi Kanu Will Restore BIAFRA.... Wole Soyinka / Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.