Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria (44430 Views)

Oil Price Risen To $93 Per Barrel Highest In Seven Years / Earn $4 Per Song Listening To Music From Nigeria / Crude Oil Trades Above $75 Per Barrel As Netanyahu Point Finger At Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
ednut1:
i hear you mr man. Not here to argue

U dont have any point to argue wit
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by afrika(f): 11:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
We are developing agriculture in the north. Preserving the mineral resources and other beneficial as against when the world kicks away oil. Then we can separate n everyone goes his or her own way.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by darediamond(m): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
salbis:
All this noise will go mute once they get their cut. Useless people, watch dog ko lap dog ni!

Haaa.....!
Lailah...grin grin grin
"watch dog ko lap dog ni!"
grin ; D
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Paseus(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2020
Slawormir:

My niggarrr
I must tell you
You need to slow down
No matter the amount of weed we smoke we can never be the most high. Only Jah( God) is the most high

I dey even blow mine right now for one of my guy house
We don eat paper rice tire. We just relax for back yard. Inside house dey hot
O.G pass me the claro
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by emperorakins(m): 8:14am On Jun 03, 2020
My only question is that, if this same oil was gotten or found in America and Europe will they try to make it useless in the coming years? This people know what they are doing, Africans are greedy and that's where they are holding us. Our greed is what is killing us sad
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:35am On Jun 03, 2020
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:38am On Jun 03, 2020
DennisEche:

YOU GO SOON ENTER STREET

Lol.... grin cheesy
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Onlyonebuhari: 11:20am On Jun 03, 2020
apache22b:
This Government of Buhari is so dumb and i am ecstatically delighted and disproportionately flabbergasted with enormous gratification and appreciation for the dispensation of such a tendering and mesmerizing information in which the prestidigitation of the concurrent and subsequent matter is thoroughly demonstrated through the innuances alluding to literal and metaphorical context. It is highly imperative to note that, such is the significance of the aforementioned, distortion in any shape or form will result in catastrophic ramifications to which will be the outcome of epic proportions. I thank you for your unequivocal.

This has been in existence before Buhari came, now he made u to know what u don't know yet u bullied him.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by platodeen(m): 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2020
I will only comment on both short and long-term consequences of the rejections of the senate.

I am not an oil worker and neither any of my relatives or friends work in the oil industry.

Short-term Consequences;

*After emphasising administrative cost as part of the cause, the senate were never aware that the NNPC boss was only particular about the number of oil staffs. And in response to the senate's interest, RETRENCHMENT would take over all places at a NNPC.

* The senate forgot that part of them benefits from the outcome of pipeline vandalism, hence reason for NNPC security vote. When this vote is removed, VANDALISM takes off immediately, which could even be deadlier than the high cost of production.

Long-term Consequences;

* There would be strike action by NNPC workers, PENGASSAN, etc

*Non availability of crude oil and increase in price.(Imagine this happening during this lockdown?)

*More social unrest and vandalism that would be politically influenced.

A word is enough...
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by bigfish3k: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
HantaVirus:
Oil will be useless in the next 50 years

The Nigerian economy need to be diversified...We have other sectors that could be worked on... Agriculture ,Entertainment ,Tourism and others..

This government needs to act fast

undecided
Not this government that is still searching for oil in the north with our scarce resources
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
ddippset:
So many fools in this country.

Imagine someone even saying Buhari should hurry up and diversify the country.

As if diversification is like fuccking Olosho for a very very long duration of 2 mins.

We have finally seen how useless this zoo we call our country is.

For years we have been doing nothing but collect oil money.

Nigga you’re the dull one here, buhari spent 12 years contesting, during the 12 years are you trying to tell me he had no economic plan should Incase he wins? and moreover when he was contesting he was promising heaven on earth.
Diversifying shouldn’t be a problem for him if he was sound.
He should has used the 12 years to plan, then his 5 years gone should have been to execute the plans but alas nothing.
The only thing he does is to be apportioning blame, from A to Z.
From his campaign days he knew Nigeria was in shambles, that was why he used that as a campaign point, only to come and start giving excuses after winning that he didn’t know the extent of damage done. You don’t know the extent of damage done but you used the same damage done as a campaign point.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by bigfish3k: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
EmekaMD:
Saudi insisted on developing their indigenous oil production company Aramco.
What is the use of NNPC to Nigeria ?

They cornive with shell and Chevron to be stealing our oil.

So that the governments of those companies can be supporting one nigeria blindly
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by ddippset(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Nigga you’re the dull one here, buhari spent 12 years contesting, during the 12 years are you trying to tell me he had no economic plan should Incase he wins? and moreover when he was contesting he was promising heaven on earth.
Diversifying shouldn’t be a problem for him if he was sound.
He should has used the 12 years to plan, then his 5 years gone should have been to execute the plans but alas nothing.
The only thing he does is to be apportioning blame, from A to Z.
From his campaign days he knew Nigeria was in shambles, that was why he used that as a campaign point, only to come and start giving excuses after winning that he didn’t know the extent of damage done. You don’t know the extent of damage done but you used the same damage done as a campaign point.
lol

The summary of your post is that you'd rather blame the guy who spent 12 years contesting than blame the guys who were actually President for those 12 years?!

This foolishness is legendary.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
ddippset:
lol

The summary of your post is that you'd rather blame the guy who spent 12 years contesting than blame the guys who were actually President for those 12 years?!

This foolishness is legendary.

The summary of it all is that rather than apportioning blames, he should get to work.
Didn’t he know the state of Nigeria before contesting? So why using it as an excuse.
I’m sure you did not vote him in for him to start trading blames, rather you voted him to fix Nigeria, so he should get to bleeping work.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by ddippset(m): 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
Kfed4ril:

The summary of it all is that rather than apportioning blames, he should get to work.
Didn’t he know the state of Nigeria before contesting? So why using it as an excuse.
I’m sure you did not vote him in for him to start trading blames, rather you voted him to fix Nigeria, so he should get to bleeping work.
With an oil profit of 4 dollar per barrel,

The only work he could do now is to go aborrowing.

Your country is a zoo... All the years we were earning over 100 per barrel we did nothing.

If you want get angels from heaven Nigeria's problems cannot be solved before another 30 years.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
ddippset:
With an oil profit of 4 dollar per barrel,

The only work he could do now is to go aborrowing.

Your country is a zoo... All the years we were earning over 100 per barrel we did nothing.

If you want get angels from heaven Nigeria's problems cannot be solved before another 30 years.

Are you not ashamed to talk about the $4 profit, what is Russia, Saudi and Angola doing different to make over $20 profit?

Oh, stop using this oil price as excuse, oil was on a free fall before buhari came on board, that was why he used it as a campaign point and promised to diversify the economy if elected. Only to use about $1bn of our scarce resources to search for more crude in the North.
Guy accept it Buhari has failed big time. He had the opportunity to right history in a positive way, but instead choose the negative.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by ddippset(m): 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Are you not ashamed to talk about the $4 profit, what is Russia, Saudi and Angola doing different to make over $20 profit?

Oh, stop using this oil price as excuse, oil was on a free fall before buhari came on board, that was why he used it as a campaign point and promised to diversify the economy if elected. Only to use about $1bn of our scarce resources to search for more crude in the North.
Guy accept it Buhari has failed big time. He had the opportunity to right history in a positive way, but instead choose the negative.
Come to think of this, how did Buhari and no Buahri come into this?

From the beginning I spoke of it as a general problem with the leaders we have had over the past several years.

I just realised that your mission all along was to blame Buhari and Buhari alone for the failures we have had in our existence especially the problem of successive governments failing to do anything towards the diversification of the Nigerian economy.

I am blaming it on the systematic failure you want to blame it on Buhari alone.

Buhari will come and go and you will realize that this project called Nigeria is an impossible project.

Without restructuring or break up; and with people like you and me who make noise over social media but are worse off than the leaders we blame and insult, Nigeria remains an impossibility.

So goodluck with you operation blame-Buhari when people like you are even worse off.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by LOVEGINO(m): 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
Slawormir:

My niggarrr
I must tell you
You need to slow down
No matter the amount of weed we smoke we can never be the most high. Only Jah( God) is the most high

I dey even blow mine right now for one of my guy house
We don eat paper rice tire. We just relax for back yard. Inside house dey hot
Dammmm niggarrr! Dats serious
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
ddippset:
Come to think of this, how did Buhari and no Buahri come into this?

From the beginning I spoke of it as a general problem with the leaders we have had over the past several years.

I just realised that your mission all along was to blame Buhari and Buhari alone for the failures we have had in our existence especially the problem of successive governments failing to do anything towards the diversification of the Nigerian economy.

I am blaming it on the systematic failure you want to blame it on Buhari alone.

Buhari will come and go and you will realize that this project called Nigeria is an impossible project.

Without restructuring or break up; and with people like you and me who make noise over social media but are worse off than the leaders we blame and insult, Nigeria remains an impossibility.

So goodluck with you operation blame-Buhari when people like you are even worse off.

That’s what the Igbos have being saying since, Nigeria is a failed project that needs to be disbanded. But y’all thought otherwise, Nigeria is not working, let’s stop deceiving ourselves with one Nigeria, have you ever seen Ghana preach one Ghana? Because love is not forced, it’s natural. One Nigeria is a by force love. Let’s try another pattern.

And yeah, accepted, I was actually trying to blame buhari, because you and him made it seem as if he was the solution to the systematic failure in Nigeria.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by ddippset(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Kfed4ril:

That’s what the Igbos have being saying since, Nigeria is a failed project that needs to be disbanded. But y’all thought otherwise, Nigeria is not working, let’s stop deceiving ourselves with one Nigeria, have you ever seen Ghana preach one Ghana? Because love is not forced, it’s natural. One Nigeria is a by force love. Let’s try another pattern.

And yeah, accepted, I was actually trying to blame buhari, because you and him made it seem as if he was the solution to the systematic failure in Nigeria.
lol

I have been consistent with my assertion that Nigeria is impossible.

Even when Buhari leaves, the President of Nigeria by 2050 will be terribly insulted as well as long as we remain Nigeria.
Even if we bring a President from heaven.

Restructuring or break up is the only solution.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 7:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
ddippset:
lol

I have been consistent with my assertion that Nigeria is impossible.

Even when Buhari leaves, the President of Nigeria by 2050 will be terribly insulted as well as long as we remain Nigeria.
Even if we bring a President from heaven.

Restructuring or break up is the only solution.

We are in same page. It’s alright

1 Like

Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by Rotji(m): 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/r-e-v-e-a-l-e-d-nigeria-making-only-3-profit-from-oil-barrel/

But people should know that out of the $21 cost of production, about $14 covers corruption and uneconomic expenses that go to settling unreasonable community agitations etc. You need to be there to see wasteful expenses in production processes.

Ghost contacts and contracts figures inflation, alot are going on there where the top management are complicit in aiding and abating awards of fictitious contracts and jobs.

Look oil has made us lazy and greedy, so it'll take a lot to fix the rot in the industry.

The Saudi and Russia they are making comparisons to don't joke in due process, efficiency and seriously pursuing every economic advantage in harnessing the maximum benefits from the business.
Re: Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria by careidon: 1:06am On Jun 04, 2020
The costs are unjustified whatever the reason(s)

The costs are for what?
Clearing our reasoning
1. even if we dig deeper for our oil, its a one-time thing. They don't drill for ever just like you don't for water! No
1b. You complete the well, start producing & monitor the production.
2. We have mostly natural gas-lift wells (compared with countries that need steam injection to force the oil out. Yet they produce cheaper than us! Why?)
3. The costs (renting rigs, vessels, PSVs etc) are standard all over the world but ours are interesting and opaque.
3b. What have we ever done to reduce the costs (why hiring vessels forever? Why not build our acquire rigs outright than rent - Google rig rentals and what we could have owned in over 50 years)
Foreign security, why not re-train units of police/navy/army/whatever specially for same? Why not remove what causes the insecurity - politics, empowerment?
4. We truly over inflate projects from the start (check out the cost of our best oil & gas project- the NLNG and compare similar sized projects built almost around the same time)
5. I don't understand why these IOCs make the most of their worldwide operations money in or from Nigeria despite these claimed high costs or difficulties (telecoms guys are another unlinked reference/analogy, I agree. But try reason am) Unlike telecoms they can't claim it's our huge population, as we don't drink the oil. But we know we are being cheated compared to what's on offer other elsewhere. Like DSTV programs content.
6. For educative reasons let's compile costs
Direct & Indirect that relates to production & not drilling or prospecting. That's what the silly legislators should have done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record / Crowd Waiting To Buy Lake Rice At Ikorodu. PICS / Samuel Adedoyin's Daughter, Lola Olabayo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.