Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Is Nairaland A Clique? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland A Clique? (7019 Views)

IS NAIRALAND A NO MAN'S SITE?? / Patience Jonathan And Clique / Is Nairaland Now Losing Members?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland A Clique? by snazzydawn(f): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2006
Hi everybody,I just had a chat on yahoo messenger with one of our not so active members and he had some grievances.What were they?He said that NL was fast becoming a clique where everyone had his or her own group of pallies.That is the reason why he doesn't contribute.He says he feels left out.Now,is this true?
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Seun(m): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2006
Cliques on Nairaland? Where? *checks under table*
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by nferyn(m): 10:18am On Jan 27, 2006
That probably depends on those people's attitudes. It is quite normal that you interact more with people that share your interests.
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by hotangel2(f): 3:58am On Jan 30, 2006
That's how it feels when you don't mix with people.

Your friend feel as if nairaland is a clique bcecause he hasn't made time to mix and interact with people. What do you espect of someone who hasn't contributed or talk to anyone on the land?

When i first came here.. it felt as if.. tayotina, pinky, jogego, legs, Greatpeter and likes.. were the head of NL. They were everywhere.. i was like.. "ohh wtf.. bunch of nigerians trying to curse new members out and sh!T like that". But when i started contributing.. i was like hmmm.. i actually got the wrong impression about them. It wasn't so. Like you plainly said.. He feels left out because he doesn't contribute.

SO my advice to your not so active friend is that, s/he should mix with people, and interact with people before s/he makes conclusion. smiley Plus.. im willing to be his/her friends. smiley
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by bebe6(f): 4:54am On Jan 30, 2006
Embraces the "not so active" member and tells him to come back to the land and be a part of greatness cool cool

I'll be your friend smiley
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Skidoc(m): 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2006
I do contribute but I still feel left out too. You are all like one big family talking and chatting, I feel that if I enter into one of your conversations, you might ignore me, or let me say I have tried to enter into one of your conversations in the past and I was ignored. It seems as if most of the top members only reply the people they know i.e. top members like themselves. So I spend most of my time reading your posts, It's all good though.
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by snazzydawn(f): 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2006
Ohhhhh skidoc,is that what you feel?so soory.Take this kiss
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by dejiolowe: 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2006
seun should do something about this. he has the stats of those that use to contribute then dropped out. he could woo them back with new features on the forum. (or promise then 7 virgins...)
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by snazzydawn(f): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2006
*rolls eyes*
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by kenflavor(m): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2006
That's true Deji
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by nicetohave(m): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2006
Thats is if he personally do not want them out for diferring of opinions............beware of machiavelli
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by dejiolowe: 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2006
nicetohave:

Thats is if he personally do not want them out for diferring of opinions............beware of machiavelli
CONSPIRACY THEORIES!!!
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Outkast(f): 2:05am On Jan 31, 2006
Definately yes
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by c0dec(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2006
yes i kind of agree i notice it sometimes. but the fact is some of the new guys yarn dust that's worth ignoring.
a good way would be to follow the thread and pick on someone's post if you want feedback.
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by snazzydawn(f): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2006
true!!actually,these new guys come and bump into a topic to gain relevance like one of them that has stopped coming.I dont want to name names,he is no more in.When I came in here,I watched and felt the place first,before joining in,now look at me,all grown up grin.......
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Skidoc(m): 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2006
Hello Snazzydawn, how do you mean?
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by virozuru(f): 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2006
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by hotangel2(f): 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2006
Skidoc:

You are all like one big family talking and chatting,

You said it yourself. We ALL are like one big family talking and chatting. Do u think it takes one person to have a family? We all joined in the conversation. Some people started the family, it's left for new comers to build it. Don't be shy. Just join in and you'll be
welcomed. It's not as if you've joined in and you were rejected. Just join in. If you are rejected, THEN.. u can say, "you feel left out".
No one knows the taste of honey if they havent tasted it.
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by virozuru(f): 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2006
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by snazzydawn(f): 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2006
oya,everybody form your click!!!
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by hotangel2(f): 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2006
virozuru:

but people are so engrossed into their own conversations, they don't take the time out to notice a new poster...or when something else is said.

For example, hot-angel, you might not remember, but I said something really nice about you on one threas, and I"m like damn are you going to say something, at least a thank you?" But you kept on with the side conversations...and I'm not singling you out; its happened several times with other "cliquish" people...so for those that feel left out, you really have to understand where they are coming from.

I prolly didn't see what you said. And im sorry for that. I wouldn't ignore anything if i see it.

And yeah, sometimes when "off topic" conversations are going on, people tend to suck into it real hard (im one of those people). I guess that's why seun is telling us all to stop "off topic conversation".

snazzydawn:

oya,everybody form your click!!!

That's not a good idea. We are all family and we should be ONE.
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2006
By disabling PM, I seem to have eliminated any "cliques" we have. What say you?
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by thecolonel: 7:23am On Nov 12, 2006
What do U achieve wit a clique on Nairaland pls?

tHAT SOUNDS DUMB
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by jaybaby(f): 1:06pm On Dec 14, 2006
I believe in OYO-- so it's Me, Myself & I --nuttin like clique grin grin grin
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2007
We must tell ourselves the truth, nairaland is fast becoming a clique thing. I have the records of events that culminated in this conclusion which I would not hesitate to make public if we continue denying this fact.

Everybody has a clique and would not hesitate to go call his/her cronies to come fight if he or she is involved in a brawl with some other user. You don't need to be too observant to know this truth.

Seun, Take note.
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by busygirl(f): 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2007
Yeah I noticed this too, but I don't have a problem with that, neither do I have a clique I belong too. It's basically Me, MYSELF AND I. This doesn't stop me from contributing either, BEING YOURSELF! that's all it takes.
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Seun(m): 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2007
@fynewaka: go ahead and make it public. How can you hide information about cliques from the admin?
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by mukina2: 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2007
@topic yeah it is
people go as far as to attack you on YIM .if you do not "support" them
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Genial(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2007
Is there any law against forming cliques on nairaland? Wouldn't that contravene the freedom of association provision of the constitution?
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by jgirl3: 10:48pm On Apr 07, 2007
It's true - NL is becoming more clique-y than i thought. I have various individuals that i talk to but i wouldn't go as far as to say I'm in a group of ppl that attack/discard another group of people.
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by mukina2: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2007
J Girl you said it

.why must dere be cliques undecided
Re: Is Nairaland A Clique? by Seun(m): 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2007
I have recently banned a few established female Nairaland members for attacking new members. If there are cliques anywahere, and if they are doing harmful things, just report them to me. Argh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loan@ Renmoney....now @ A Reduced Interest Rate.. / The Official Nairaland Sectional Awards 2009 / Reminiscing With Hilarious Memes About Secondary School Life Trending On Twitte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.