Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died (30985 Views)

Aderemi Adeoye: My Firm Worth N20bn, Will Give Dangote A Run For His Money / Victoria Asher Dies Days After Giving Birth To Twins (Photo) / Micheal Adedeji Dies Days After He Was Shot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by dre11(m): 8:02am On Jun 03, 2020
Palpable fear yesterday gripped officials of Agbado/Oke-Odo Local Council Development Area (LCDA) in Lagos State following the death of the council chairman, Augustine Adeoye Arogundade, barely few days after the Secretary to the Local Government (SLG), Alhaja Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara died after a brief illness, fueling rumours of coronavirus attack at the council secretariat. He was reported to have been sick briefly before his death at an unnamed hospital.

The death was disclosed yesterday by the Lagos State Conference of Local Government and Local Council Development Area Chairmen (Conference 57), Mrs. Omolola Essien, who prayed God to forgive his shortcomings and grant him safe passage to paradise. She described the death as a ‘sad incident’, while sending prayers to his family.

The chairman, Agege Local Government, Alhaji Ganiyu Egunjobi, has also commiserated with Agbado Oke-odo LCDA over the sudden demise of the council chair, who he described as a gentleman with kind heart.

Meanwhile, local government workers in Agbado/Oke-Odo LCDA have been gripped with fear following the death of Arogundade, which comes exactly 10 days after the council lost its Secretary to the Local Government (SLG), Ayilara. A worker of the LCDA who spoke under the condition of anonymity called for a thorough investigation into the deaths.

According to her, “sudden deaths at this period, especially 10 days after we lost Alhaja is a very suspicious one. People die, we all know that, but I think the government needs to focus on Agbado/Oke-Odo LCDA. I don’t know what to say but since the news broke, I have received over four calls from other workers who are already scared.

“You know the world is fighting coronavirus and that is where most people are thinking along. One of the callers specifically said that workers in the LCDA should go for coronavirus test as there seems to be fire on the mountain.”

Another worker, who described himself as ‘very close to the late chairman’, disclosed that he would immediately self-isolate as he is a family man who would not want to endanger his family members. When asked if he was certain about the cause of the recent deaths, he said he was only taking ‘precautions’.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/fear-grips-lagos-lcda-as-chairman-dies-days-after-council-secretary/

1 Share

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by Kaduna1stson: 8:05am On Jun 03, 2020
Koro is bad

4 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by SaneMan: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2020
Ftp

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
Tunde835:
God Help Us
... help us

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by shadelek(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
May his soul rest in peace.

Death is inevitable

3 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by gambia(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
Death is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by ABLESOFT2(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
I Thought I Heard People Say Coro Is Nt Real In Nigeria....Dat No More Lockdown..Why Are Dey Afraid Nw

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by rawtouch: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
shocked

may their sins be forgiven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by OakRealtorsNG: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
okay

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by sahsewen: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
so sad...RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by wonder233: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2020
It is most definitely coronavirus. Folks let's take our ginger-lemon-honey in warm water drinks daily. As well as anti-malaria drugs periodically.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by ogelekpomgam(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2020
Hmmm..this shii is becoming soooo REAL!!!.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by Tunde835(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2020
God Help Us

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by paulolee(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2020
just arrest and place all of them on compulsory quarantine for 14days with regular testing...anybody that is positive to the pandemic should be moved to isolation center, anybody without it, should be sent home and anybody dt claim his bigger than the law and refuses or tries going back home should be sacked and jailed...dts d ways forward..

4 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2020
Rest in peace... Make God comfort the family of the dead..

In the other news;

pls

I need a lady (she must be a nairalander)

She must be rich, plus her parents comfortable

Average (height, boobs and ass)

She must be ready to spend on me

Fair or chocolate

She must trust me

Educated or self employed with hand work

Christian

Between 20 - 23

A Nigeria

She must think of a good future not make up

She must be able to reason well not like a fish

She must be good in conversation.

The most important one
She must be a godly virgin (pls note, godly virgin not just any virgin).

Thank.. Pls quote me if u av any... No insult pls

7 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by mclorenzo(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2020
May his soul rest in peace. Hope it's not Coronavirus sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by SadiqBabaSani: 8:30am On Jun 03, 2020
instead of assumption d Lagos Mins of health shud tell us what caused his death

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by janedonez(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2020
Evil shall not be in our dwelling

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by michlins(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2020
When ncdc announces the number of infected people, some people will still ask who Coro don kill. Just pray not to be a victim before you believe

Nigeria government can loot and doesn't need coronavirus to scam us. They do it at will

11 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by Makanaki127: 8:30am On Jun 03, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by emmaelectelect(m): 8:31am On Jun 03, 2020
Serious

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by mygreenday(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2020
another matter to settle

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by mrkings84(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2020
Uncle corona is chief suspect

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by Exc2000: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2020
shocked

Corona Jazz

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by Trustme2(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2020
Covid-19 is silently killing people while some are saying it doesn't exist. People like Pastor Chris and Ibiyeomi have been saying it's not real in Nigeria, whereas people have been dying, even Abba Kyari lost his life to it. Governors like El Rufai, Seyi Makinde etc had gotten it as well and recovered.

Now everywhere I go I see people without face masks refusing to take caution, saying it's a scam... Time will tell... And I hope those spreading the false tales too will realise their errors.

6 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by AmazingELixir: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Which fear again when Corona is everywhere in Lagos.

That is how I joined a bus in Lagos recently and one ignoramous was busy arguing at the top of his voice that there's nothing like Corona virus in Nigeria and others were supporting him... I just asked the jejune what killed Abba Kyari and he said it was the virus he imported from Germany. I just closed my mouth I don't have time for ignorant people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by miteolu(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2020
They are coming to tell us is Koronafirus

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by FGonline: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by ForeThinker: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2020
Thirst for control

1 Like

Re: Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died by LaIabobo: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2020
This life is truly transient.

Arogundade is one of the most inhumane and useless Chairman in Lagos.

This is unfortunate but actually a relief to residents of Agbado/Oke-odo LCDA.
People were literally rejoicing on the streets when the heard of his death yesterday.

May his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PICTURE: Jonathan Campaign Team Buying Petrol In Blackmarket / Massive Crowd As Buhari Lands In Benue (video And Pictures) / Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.