Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Let Nothing Be Done Through Strife And Vain Glory This Year - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Nothing Be Done Through Strife And Vain Glory This Year (832 Views)

Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions / Please What Does The Bible Mean By "vain Repititions" Matthew 6:7? / Shiloh 2011 "waves Of Glory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Nothing Be Done Through Strife And Vain Glory This Year by akaazua(m): 10:19am On Jan 21, 2011
Calvary greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus. I appreciate all our contributions to all the topics posted here about some of the things that have been bothering us in Christendom. However, I wish to appeal that as we decides to air of views and offer our contributions concerning the happenings in the church of God at this time; we should do it in a way that God will be glorified. Let every contribution be born out of a pure motive not to promote self or our churches. After all, we are one. Never try to pull down another church and exalt yours let us all seek to please the Lord. Learn to welcome positive criticism and you can as well be you brothers keeper. He that will not take correction should not correct others. Also remember that in a forum like this we have a kind of mixed multitudes, be wise like a serpent and harmless as a dove. Let not your good be evil spoken of. Let others see Christ in you contribution. God bless you.[color=#000099][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Let Nothing Be Done Through Strife And Vain Glory This Year by uche13: 10:29am On Jan 21, 2011
God bless you for this post. If only we can understand the fact that we are all members of the family of God and just as every family has its own uniqueness and there is no two alike, its also important to note that each family has its own value system and peculiar ways. We too as the body of Christ are all different. The fact that my doctrines differ with urs is nt a reason for me to be criticised. If only we can appreciate this fact and concentrate on wat we agree on, this section will be great.
Re: Let Nothing Be Done Through Strife And Vain Glory This Year by Joagbaje(m): 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2011
This has been my concern too. People function at different levels of revelation of truth. We should accept each other even though we may differ in our convictions, we should allow the holy spirit to do his works in the life of everybody. True light will soo. Shine into e eery dark corners and christ will be glorified as we air our opinion in love.

2 Timothy 2:24-25
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all[ men], apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

(1) (Reply)

The Eucharist ''fountain Of Life'' / ''...allah Is Unique But God Is Not Unique" / Pope Francis Easter Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.