Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away (65313 Views)

Edo Primaries: Fayemi Commends Tinubu, Ganduje, Slams Oshiomhole / Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures / Edo Primaries: APC Dares Obaseki, Refuses To Apply For Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Kwanza: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away

–Says 4 Years Not Enough For Work In Edo

— Says Oshiomhole Was Bankrupt Before Becoming Governor Of Edo

— Couldn’t Have Betrayed Him

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State has asked Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), to recuse himself of role in the forthcoming governorship primary in Edo State being an interested party.

The governor who returned his forms to seek second term ticket as Edo State chief executive said the APC National Chairman cannot superintend over the Edo state governorship primary, having declared his preference for certain aspirants as opposed to others.

The Edo state governorship primary has been fixed for June 22, while the election proper is September 19.

The governor who was accompanied to the Secretariat by a handful of supporters said Oshiomhole cannot be a judge in his own case as doing so is contrary to natural justice.

Governor Obaseki was also quick to dismiss claim that he betrayed Oshiomhole, his predecessor in office, declaring that available fact supports the opposite, stating that Oshiomhole was a greater betrayer, having reneged on the promise to uplift Edo state.

Obaseki, said he was instrumental to Oshiomhole’s ascendancy and success as Edo state governor, adding that Oshiomhole benefited much more from him ( Obaseki) than he benefited from the APC national chairman.

“In life everybody get helped, everybody get assisted. The person you talked about, he had no money when he left labour to contest. We knew what we did to make him Governor. I sacrificed eight years of my life pro bono, I collected no Kobo to serve him in Edo.”

“Today we know what we have built because of where we started from. So when you talk of betrayal, the biggest betrayal can be when people betray a cause, when they betray an idea.”

“That is the greatest betrayal of all. It is like betraying God. When you said to God, this is what I stand for and then God gives you power then you turn around and do the exact opposite. There is no greater betrayal than that.”

“So when you talk about betrayal let us be very clear. I want to put it on record that I am grateful, he assisted me just as I assisted him. I know the sacrifices we made to make him National Chairman. So what are we talking about?”

Despite the misgivings, the Governor said he is still open to peaceful, harmonious resolution of issues in Edo state in the interest of the APC, and gave this as reason for his recent visit to APC National leader, Bola Tinubu and President Mohammadu Buhari.”

“The reason why I went to see our National Leader is that I don’t want the party torn apart. I am a man of peace.”

“For me and my colleague governors we cannot see a party we built destroyed, we cannot see a ruling party be so weakened and whatever it will take to secure peace, to secure harmony in the party, we are prepared to, I am prepared to make.”

“That is why I joined my colleagues to go and see the leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to assure him that we are all working for the same course, we are all working to build our party.”

“From 26 States, we are now 20. We don’t want to lose anymore state, there is really no reason to. We should all drop our egos and work for our party and the unity of our country.”

Governor Obaseki says he open to any mode of primaries the party recommends provided that it is in consonance with the constitution of the ruling party and will not jeopardize the effort to flatten the curve of the COVID -19 infections in Edo state.

“The Constitution stipulates what mode of primaries allowed in our party and how decisions to the type of primaries you want to run should be arrived that. It’s clearly stated in our constitution and so for me, I believe that as a lawful party, we will do things according to the Constitution of our party.”

“So, direct, indirect I’m certain I will win the primaries but we have to respect our constitution and follow our constitution of.

“However, I am using this opportunity to call on Comrade Oshiomhole to recuse himself from the Edo nomination process because he is an interested party.”

“It is against natural justice for a man to be a judge in his own case. So I think the honourable thing to do is to recuse himself and lets have a free process and let’s reconcile and build our party”.

Obaseki gave a hint of possible objection to the direct primary pointing rising cases of coronavirus in the state.

He said; “From the Epidomological surveys they tell us that the pandemic will spike in the third week of June in Edo. We seen cases rising rapidly. We want to know who is infected and how to stop the spread.

“For me, the safety of Edo people is my primary concern because if the people are not alive you won’t be there to lead them.”

https://www.independent.ng/edo-primaries-obaseki-returns-nomination-form-warns-oshiomhole-to-stay-away/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by ODJ124(m): 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
isoright

� *Relationship stress can make you attend unknown funeral just to cry freely without explanation* �

FCT..... wow...

for legends

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by PowerOfLove: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
Oshiomole has heard

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Davash222(m): 5:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
These two are the major problems we have in this country.

229 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by TransflectTP(m): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lalasticlala, are you aware of this?
Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by yomi96(m): 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
Oshi omo ale sef know say oga na master. Obaseki's reelection is a done deal.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Shezkid01(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
Game on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by yomi96(m): 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
Davash222:
These two are the major problems we have in this country.
nigeria is suffering from two pandemics buhari and covid 19

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by KenOne: 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
Oshiomhole is a typical reason why governors don't always want national chairman to come from their state.

We all remembers Nwodo of PDP chairman from Enugu vs governor Chime (Enugu)
Bamanga Tukur of same PDP from Adamawa vs Murtala Nyarko (Adamawa)

Oshiomhole is an interested party and should recuse himself like Obaseki pointed out.

Obaseki will win re-election if APC denies him ticket he does Ortom and Tambuwal style by moving to PDP.

My happiness is that PDP has always being a strong force in Edo, couple with Obaseki an incumbent moving over then it's over for Oshiomhole, then the APC governors would have seen a concrete reason to remove him as national chairman for making APC in Edo to fall to PDP.

The Igbenidions of these world, the Benins, the Esan tribe the sworn enemies of Oshiomhole will never allow Oshiomhole have his way.

Just like the Edos have told Oshiomhole to practice what he preaches. You killed godfatherism but want to become the chief godfather. Ize-Iyamu is a bad market which Oshiomhole confirmed in 2016 by calling him the greatest thief Edo has ever produced, a lawyer without certificate, the reason he goes by name Pastor because no certificate to guarantee him the title Barrister.

I don't like what i hate. Rubbish!

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by athaboi(f): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Rugged you gingered man.. go ahead and fight for your right bcoz if there's no war, there will be no peace

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by bayelsaowei(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
If only the edo people can pull a surprise and vote for neither of the candidates on election day..imagine apc and pdp getting no votes on election day..how sweet that would be...the day our politicians know that the masses would vote without collecting bribes or be hoodwinked into partisan politics only then can their heads be straightened..

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Slawormir: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I keep on saying it
Direct primary or no direct

Obaseki is gonna fuckkk oshiomhole up anyday anytime twice on election Day

Oshiomhole don't know what he has put his hands into

You can't fuckkk with the wake and see governor and go Scot free. Na both Edo people and ancestors na im dey obaseki back

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
I'm just here to read slawormir's analysis.
Move along.
Onlyonebuhari:
The way IPOB miscreants talk is ridiculous. Of Oshiomole is fighting Obazheki what of the 14 member of house of assembly he denied sworn in about of 24 members? Aren't they elected by their people?
Oshiomole put him in power and he can remove him.

Even for Edo politics person go still drag ipob enter.
Are you not unfortunate like this.. shocked
Slawormir reason this nigga

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by bolaayenimo: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
Oba of Benin is backing Obaseki. From Obaseki's talk since Monday, he is having the upper hand. Buhari has intervened

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by freshkpomo(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
NA WETIN MAN SEW HIM DEY WEAR - ERIGA.

oshiomole is biting from the shit he threw at Anenih, Esama and others. Hypocritical OSHIOMOLE ...

God bless Nigeria.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Anthony0094(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
whoever that win stl does not make any different,
we should be using very strong amadioha( lyk 7 of it)to dy swear this people in for office,

8 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by focus7: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
This same arrogance that made him running from poles to pillars for help not to lose out of the primary.

Obaseki keeps yarning from all side of the mouth while Oshiomole keeps strategizing the ways to knock him out, arrogant governor.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by ForeThinker: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
If you look back only at your mistakes, you’d think you were an idiot. If you look back only at your wiser choices, you’d think you were infallible. But if you look back on everything, you realize you’re a human being who has been through a lot, grown a lot, is always still learning, and improving as time goes by.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by martineverest(m): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
Na so...Bini man no dey fear anybody

obaseki should allow rugged Shuaibu,his deputy,to take charge of this brouhaha...he is the one that can deal with useless Oshiomhole

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by BigBelleControl(m): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
If the efforts and urgency these people put in politics is what they put into governance, the world would have been a better place.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by partnerinbiz4: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
If you can supply airtime 5k to 10m, contact 0909--6--3-00200. Only serious persons please. We have an online presence even here on Nairaland with over 5366 positive feedback.May God heal us of covid19.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Enoch07: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
e don dey set
Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Bar1941(m): 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Obaseki is seriously sweating under the air conditioner, how I wish the people of the state vote out these two criminals so that the state can have some level of peace. Their is a lot of works to be done than all this foolish fights from these two foolish men.

15 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by Cyberterror: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Obaseki doesn't even talk like someone who wants peace and reconciliation. Oshiomhole will show him pepper.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by martineverest(m): 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Oba of Benin is backing Obaseki. From Obaseki's talk since Monday, he is having the upper hand. Buhari has intervened
lol... Oshiomhole never see anything.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by aremz(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
This guy is supposed to be remorseful and begging osho baba!
He definitely has something in mind that he’s not letting out of the bag yet

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by CHIOMAEZEH: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzEth1CMn10

Na wah ooo. The above video is the moment he said everything. I think the guy looks scared and confused.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by DIKEnaWAR: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
The National Organising Secretary no even know whether to collect the forms, what to say and whether to laugh or cry make Oshiomhole no say he is dining with the enemy.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away by joelag: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
Oshiomole might end up politically lifeless after this war game.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Abba Kyari Didn’t Self-isolate After Foreign Trip / Ronnie Dankabo And Halima Sheriff's Pre-wedding Photos / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.