Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? (3287 Views)

My Story Of How I Was Scammed Yesterday / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2020
Good morning all.

I had to create another account because I know that if people check my past posts and topics, they wouldn't believe such an educated individual could get scammed.

Here's the succinct narrative:

A former client from Delta sent me money to help him get an iPhone here in Lagos. He sent me the money because he's not new to me.

Usually, I have people I buy phone's from. I just contact them on whatsapp. I don't go to computer village again since I could fall into the wrong hands.

Most of the products from my trusted sources came with far exorbitant prices. But just that morning, I saw Instagram suggesting that I follow a page (which I have the screenshot). I diligently scrolled through and saw that they have been operating since July 2019. And I saw people's comments and video of people buying at their store.

So I contacted the number. He told me they have 2 branches. Agungi and Shagamu. He gave it at a lesser price compared to others. In fact, he sent me their price list, and everything was professional. I even asked for their CAC certificate and he sent it. When I saw the price of another phone, I told a lady about it and she also was interested.

Now I told him I wouldn't pay till I see the product. That I would go to their store on the Island because I stay on the mainland. He then said it's only available at Sagamu and it would take me over 2 hours to get there. I said I was going to go there. He then said I could pay half and he would deliver the product to the man. I insisted on going. Unluckily, the man sent another message that hour that I should do everything possible for him to get the phone the next day. No delays. I knew it would never work if I set out around 3pm for Sagamu.

So I sent the money. The other lady said she's even at a friend's place not too far from Sagamu. I asked her to go to the store. She refused. So I knew I just had to send the money. Later she said she'll go. On getting there, the owner of the store said her phone was stolen a few days back and that they have been using her IG to scam people. At first, I wanted to exert my anger on an individual who behaved with such negligence. But I chose to focus on this guy.

He doesn't pick calls anymore. He'll read my message online with no replies.

I ran to both banks. Mine and his to report before they closed but I could see from their body language as though it's a lost course. I called customer care. Went on their social handles as well.

Now, last night someone contacted me that he saw that I was following that account. That he was scammed 6days ago from the same account. I have screenshota from that person as well. He sent him the same bank details. The same phone number and whatsapp number.

I know i would get insulted for posting this. I insult people too when they act dumb. I never knew someone like me could ever get scammed.

Please, what can I do. The amount is over 100k.
The man contacted me this morning. I don't know what to tell him.

Please advise me...

Modified: Screenshot attached

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Stanchem029: 10:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Drop the details here.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Tonka: 10:58am On Jun 04, 2020
I belief someone has posted how to go abt dis stuff on nairaland just can't remember
I belief if banks wants to really get yur money back they will
Just search tru nairaland am sure you will see d post
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by illicit(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2020
Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by opera1(m): 11:04am On Jun 04, 2020
I ALWAYS BELIEVE IN SEE & BUY.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Veezybaba: 11:04am On Jun 04, 2020
You will need drop details so that people can help you. I dey feel for you bros for this kind period...ehnn.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by gambia(m): 11:05am On Jun 04, 2020
Scammers 2 full this country.

#Say No To Rape#Stop Southern kaduna killings#Stop Sokoto Killings#Stop the looting#End Corruption#
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by gambia(m): 11:05am On Jun 04, 2020
opera1:
I ALWAYS BELIEVE IN SEE & BUY.

Thats the best way to go.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by shilenji(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2020
As nobody is an island of knowledge ,nobody pass scamming. Where the farm of your dad ends is where another's dad farm starts. Some people brain na scamming full am. Just explain to the person, I pray he/she understands.

You don learn another lesson b dat. See ,touch before you buy dont buy software. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by GodPunishBiafra: 11:14am On Jun 04, 2020
AchievGreatness:
Good morning all.

I had to create another account because I know that if people check my past posts and topics, they wouldn't believe such an educated individual could get scammed.

[s]Here's the succinct narrative:

A former client from Delta sent me money to help him get an iPhone here in Lagos. He sent me the money because he's not new to me.

Usually, I have people I buy phone's from. I just contact them on whatsapp. I don't go to computer village again since I could fall into the wrong hands.

Most of the products from my trusted sources came with far exorbitant prices. But just that morning, I saw Instagram suggesting that I follow a page (which I have the screenshot). I diligently scrolled through and saw that they have been operating since July 2019. And I saw people's comments and video of people buying at their store.

So I contacted the number. He told me they have 2 branches. Agungi and Shagamu. He gave it at a lesser price compared to others. In fact, he sent me their price list, and everything was professional. I even asked for their CAC certificate and he sent it. When I saw the price of another phone, I told a lady about it and she also was interested.

Now I told him I wouldn't pay till I see the product. That I would go to their store on the Island because I stay on the mainland. He then said it's only available at Sagamu and it would take me over 2 hours to get there. I said I was going to go there. He then said I could pay half and he would deliver the product to the man. I insisted on going. Unluckily, the man sent another message that hour that I should do everything possible for him to get the phone the next day. No delays. I knew it would never work if I set out around 3pm for Sagamu.

So I sent the money. The other lady said she's even at a friend's place not too far from Sagamu. I asked her to go to the store. She refused. So I knew I just had to send the money. Later she said she'll go. On getting there, the owner of the store said her phone was stolen a few days back and that they have been using her IG to scam people. At first, I wanted to exert my anger on an individual who behaved with such negligence. But I chose to focus on this guy.

I ran to both banks. Mine and his to report before they closed but I could see from their body language as though it's a lost course. I called customer care. Went on their social handles as well.

Now, last night someone contacted me that he saw that I was following that account. That he was scammed 6days ago from the same account. I have screenshota from that person as well. He sent him the same bank details. The same phone number and whatsapp number.

I know i would get insulted for posting this. I insult people too when they act dumb. I never knew someone like me could ever get scammed.

Please advise me.[/s]..
Anytime I see that nonsense I had to create this new account, I always know IT'S A STUPÎD COOKED UP STORY!

YOUR PROBLEM!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by donbachi(m): 11:16am On Jun 04, 2020
Sorry
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 04, 2020
undecided

Nobody is above getting scam, even I, was scammed before, d person was just lucky he broke all contact & I can't find him again. And at that time, I made huge profits on my sales, so I didn't put much effort.

But if the guy get phone number, bank account and even dey online. His own don finish be that, He will PAY WITH INTEREST
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by jahlove4jah: 11:22am On Jun 04, 2020
And this is your own format of scamming people on NL. You create a new handle to scam people and win needless sympathy.

This 2020 and not 1920.

I dare you to post the screen shots of the transactions alerts from your bank (deposit and credits) and the chats screenshots before 1pm today and I will transfer N10, 000 to you as compensation.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 11:24am On Jun 04, 2020
Tonka:
I belief someone has posted how to go abt dis stuff on nairaland just can't remember
I belief if banks wants to really get yur money back they will
Just search tru nairaland am sure you will see d post

Ok sir.
Any clue on the search keyword to use?
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by jahlove4jah: 11:24am On Jun 04, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Anytime I see that nonsense I had to create this new account, I always know IT'S A STUPÎD COOKED UP STORY!

YOUR PROBLEM!
I have dared him. They are killing the glory days of NL. When it was educative and informative.

We have to start debunking these imposters and sanitize this forum for our benefits and benefits of future generation.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 11:25am On Jun 04, 2020
Stanchem029:
Drop the details here.

What details sir?
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 11:27am On Jun 04, 2020
SpecialAgent:
undecided

Nobody is above getting scam, even I, was scammed before, d person was just lucky he broke all contact & I can't find him again. And at that time, I made huge profits on my sales, so I didn't put much effort.

But if the guy get phone number, bank account and even dey online. His own don finish be that, He will PAY WITH INTEREST

He does.
I would attach the Instagram and whatsapp and call number plus bank details. And the screenshot from the other guy if I see someone that can help. Should I sir?
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2020
jahlove4jah:
And this is your own format of scamming people on NL. You create a new handle to scam people and win needless sympathy.

This 2020 and not 1920.

I dare you to post the screen shots of the transactions alerts from your bank (deposit and credits) and the chats screenshots before 1pm today and I will transfer N10, 000 to you as compensation.

I would. I'm modifying the post right away. Even though it's meagre to the amount.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by jahlove4jah: 11:29am On Jun 04, 2020
AchievGreatness:

He does.
I would attach the Instagram and whatsapp and call number plus bank details. And the screenshot from the other guy if I see someone that can help. Should I sir?
Drop.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by jahlove4jah: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2020
AchievGreatness:

I would. I'm modifying the post right away. Even though it's meagre to the amount.
No problem.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 11:55am On Jun 04, 2020
jahlove4jah:
Drop.

Attached.

What I'm thinking ia that someone else should contact him on whatsapp pretending to want a phone from somewhere like Ibadan.

Then when he concludes and sends his account details. The person should just say that it's not going through. So he would be forced to send another account. Because I'm guessing the former might be a decoy account. His greed would force him to send his own account.

What do you think?
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by jahlove4jah: 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
AchievGreatness:

Attached.

What I'm thinking ia that someone else should contact him on whatsapp pretending to want a phone from somewhere like Ibadan.

Then when he concludes and sends his account details. The person should just say that it's not going through. So he would be forced to send another account. Because I'm guessing the former might be a decoy account. His greed would force him to send his own account.

What do you think?
If you convince me on the authencity of this post, I will help you to the best of my ability. Post the debit and credit alert SMS of the transactions. I have helped people to seek redress over fraud.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Tonka: 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
AchievGreatness:

Ok sir.
Any clue on the search keyword to use?

I cant remember but try how to recover your money back from being scam
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
jahlove4jah:
If you convince me on the authencity of this post, I will help you to the best of my ability. Post the debit and credit alert SMS of the transactions. I have helped people to seek redress over fraud.

I have sent debit alert, our chats, etc. What else is needed please?
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
Tonka:

I cant remember but try how to recover your money back from being scam

Ok, thanks.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

YOUR PROBLEM!

I might have thought like you too.

You're entirely entitled to your opinion.

Hopefully you would never have a sudden event like this happen to you...
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 12:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
jahlove4jah:

This 2020 and not 1920.

I would appreciate it if you could channel that 10k into calling any reliable contact you have to help in recovering the money sir.
Thanks.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Champneys: 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
AchievGreatness:
Good morning all.

Here's the succinct narrative:

Please advise me...

Modified: Screenshot attached

grin
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by jahlove4jah: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
AchievGreatness:

I have sent debit alert, our chats, etc. What else is needed please?
I saw the debits sent above. Let us have the transaction details. Your credit alerts when the friend from Delta sent the money to you and your debit alerts when you paid the money to the supposed scammer.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
jahlove4jah:
I saw the debits sent above. Let us have the transaction details. Your credit alerts when the friend from Delta sent the money to you and your debit alerts when you paid the money to the supposed scammer.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by AchievGreatness: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
Champneys:

grin

I have laughed like this before when I thought others were dumb for being scammed.

Karma...
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Champneys: 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
AchievGreatness:

I have laughed like this before when I thought others were dumb for being scammed.

Karma...

There is nothing like Karma, you trifling fool!
Now get LOST wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thieves Arrested With Stolen Sheep Dressed In Clothe To Look Like Baby (photos) / Picture Of Enugu Pregnant Woman Ripped Open By Fulani Herdsmen - Graphic / Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.