Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,193 members, 7,842,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? (3319 Views)

My Story Of How I Was Scammed Yesterday / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by dangoteinlaw: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2020
jahlove4jah:

1.Print out all the WhatsApp screenshots of your conversations
2. Go to your bank and obtain a stamped and signed bank statement of your account reflecting the amount you were scammed.
3. Write a hand written letter to the head of the fraud unit of the scammers bank.
4.Head to the scammers bank nearest to you and ask to see the person in charge of fraud unit and drop the attachments.

They will flag the account until the account owner resolves his issues with you.
lmao y’all are funny in this thread sha especially u claiming mr fraud catcher, u forgot to mention police report and b4 police give him those reports like 3k done go oh and again court order looks like court order comes b4 pol....... look to the op don’t waste ur time the money is h20 under the bridge. All those commenting here are potential victims lol. U will think u are above fraud till it happens I myself was scammed years back and this is how I was barking online that I will move heaven and earth.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by dangoteinlaw: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

After grilling and asking for screenshots like a law enforcement agent, at the end of the day na advice wey many people sabi na hin you come give am. I was even thinking you had something more tangible.

Shior. Mscheeeeeeeew
hahahaha I tot the same. Nairaland is filled with kids teens their second home is instagram, claim big online but offline they are in one persons shop charging their phone
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by dangoteinlaw: 9:08am On Jun 10, 2020
AchievGreatness:

Abi. I'm surprised myself. After boasting of 10k. I deflected it for his assistance which he was insinuating. Nairaland men... Different strokes.

Thanks to everyone though. I have removed all screenshots. Life probably made it happen to avoid a bigger mess that might be on the way.
oo just take heart it has happened, try to explain to the real owner show him this thread perhaps he might understand. Ppl get scammed via iPhone purchase easily especially those who haven’t used iPhones before u know why? Coz they have been believing the hype that “iPhone is overpriced “ iphone can be gotten cheap” “using an iPhone costs nothing “ words like that to make u feel u can get a fair deal. A fool told me he saw iPhone 8plus for 50k I told him not to even buy one of 100k but he got he was smart and he later got scammed. I laughed him to his face
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2020
How much please
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by jahlove4jah: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
lmao y’all are funny in this thread sha especially u claiming mr fraud catcher, u forgot to mention police report and b4 police give him those reports like 3k done go oh and again court order looks like court order comes b4 pol....... look to the op don’t waste ur time the money is h20 under the bridge. All those commenting here are potential victims lol. U will think u are above fraud till it happens I myself was scammed years back and this is how I was barking online that I will move heaven and earth.
its your view,your data,your keyboard.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Phenmeson(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2020
AchievGreatness:
Good morning all.

I had to create another account because I know that if people check my past posts and topics, they wouldn't believe such an educated individual could get scammed.

Here's the succinct narrative:

A former client from Delta sent me money to help him get an iPhone here in Lagos. He sent me the money because he's not new to me.

Usually, I have people I buy phone's from. I just contact them on whatsapp. I don't go to computer village again since I could fall into the wrong hands.

Most of the products from my trusted sources came with far exorbitant prices. But just that morning, I saw Instagram suggesting that I follow a page (which I have the screenshot). I diligently scrolled through and saw that they have been operating since July 2019. And I saw people's comments and video of people buying at their store.

So I contacted the number. He told me they have 2 branches. Agungi and Shagamu. He gave it at a lesser price compared to others. In fact, he sent me their price list, and everything was professional. I even asked for their CAC certificate and he sent it. When I saw the price of another phone, I told a lady about it and she also was interested.

Now I told him I wouldn't pay till I see the product. That I would go to their store on the Island because I stay on the mainland. He then said it's only available at Sagamu and it would take me over 2 hours to get there. I said I was going to go there. He then said I could pay half and he would deliver the product to the man. I insisted on going. Unluckily, the man sent another message that hour that I should do everything possible for him to get the phone the next day. No delays. I knew it would never work if I set out around 3pm for Sagamu.

So I sent the money. The other lady said she's even at a friend's place not too far from Sagamu. I asked her to go to the store. She refused. So I knew I just had to send the money. Later she said she'll go. On getting there, the owner of the store said her phone was stolen a few days back and that they have been using her IG to scam people. At first, I wanted to exert my anger on an individual who behaved with such negligence. But I chose to focus on this guy.

He doesn't pick calls anymore. He'll read my message online with no replies.

I ran to both banks. Mine and his to report before they closed but I could see from their body language as though it's a lost course. I called customer care. Went on their social handles as well.

Now, last night someone contacted me that he saw that I was following that account. That he was scammed 6days ago from the same account. I have screenshota from that person as well. He sent him the same bank details. The same phone number and whatsapp number.

I know i would get insulted for posting this. I insult people too when they act dumb. I never knew someone like me could ever get scammed.

Please, what can I do. The amount is over 100k.
The man contacted me this morning. I don't know what to tell him.

Please advise me...

Modified: Screenshot attached

Sorry to hear about that. Pls can you list the screenshot here do people won't fall victim. My elder brother was also scammed through our family friend Facebook hack account.

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by skyhighweb(m): 11:08am On Jul 14, 2020
AchievGreatness:
Good morning all.

I had to create another account because I know that if people check my past posts and topics, they wouldn't believe such an educated individual could get scammed.

Here's the succinct narrative:

A former client from Delta sent me money to help him get an iPhone here in Lagos. He sent me the money because he's not new to me.

Usually, I have people I buy phone's from. I just contact them on whatsapp. I don't go to computer village again since I could fall into the wrong hands.

Most of the products from my trusted sources came with far exorbitant prices. But just that morning, I saw Instagram suggesting that I follow a page (which I have the screenshot). I diligently scrolled through and saw that they have been operating since July 2019. And I saw people's comments and video of people buying at their store.

So I contacted the number. He told me they have 2 branches. Agungi and Shagamu. He gave it at a lesser price compared to others. In fact, he sent me their price list, and everything was professional. I even asked for their CAC certificate and he sent it. When I saw the price of another phone, I told a lady about it and she also was interested.

Now I told him I wouldn't pay till I see the product. That I would go to their store on the Island because I stay on the mainland. He then said it's only available at Sagamu and it would take me over 2 hours to get there. I said I was going to go there. He then said I could pay half and he would deliver the product to the man. I insisted on going. Unluckily, the man sent another message that hour that I should do everything possible for him to get the phone the next day. No delays. I knew it would never work if I set out around 3pm for Sagamu.

So I sent the money. The other lady said she's even at a friend's place not too far from Sagamu. I asked her to go to the store. She refused. So I knew I just had to send the money. Later she said she'll go. On getting there, the owner of the store said her phone was stolen a few days back and that they have been using her IG to scam people. At first, I wanted to exert my anger on an individual who behaved with such negligence. But I chose to focus on this guy.

He doesn't pick calls anymore. He'll read my message online with no replies.

I ran to both banks. Mine and his to report before they closed but I could see from their body language as though it's a lost course. I called customer care. Went on their social handles as well.

Now, last night someone contacted me that he saw that I was following that account. That he was scammed 6days ago from the same account. I have screenshota from that person as well. He sent him the same bank details. The same phone number and whatsapp number.

I know i would get insulted for posting this. I insult people too when they act dumb. I never knew someone like me could ever get scammed.

Please, what can I do. The amount is over 100k.
The man contacted me this morning. I don't know what to tell him.

Please advise me...

Modified: Screenshot attached
u paying at all id where u went wrong i never ever ever in Nigeria everrrrrrrr will buy anything if i don't see d product first
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Phenmeson(m): 11:19am On Jul 14, 2020
jamesbridget13:
I have forgotten d entire process but it requires you to go to a court with all prove of payment n get a standing order which you will take to the persons bank. Immediately money enters the account, it would be sent to you till ur money is complete.

I think you shld visit his bank to speak with the manager on d way forward. In d main time look for money n settle ur client. Either purchase d item or send his money back for integrity purpose else u as well would be labeled a ''scammer''

Please do you have anyone who has received his/her scam money back. I know Nigeria bank/legal system can do more best to protect more victims through consumers protection Act. I have someone who was scam few days ago through a Facebook hacked account
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Phenmeson(m): 11:36am On Jul 14, 2020
walteriyke:
Drop their his number here let's flash the hell out of him

If you click on this link, my elder Bro was scammed through this. I even chatted the scammer yesterday, and he asked me to drop my account details but I insisted I want to do online transfer but he failed to drop his/her account number

https:///send?phone=2348132197534&text=Please%20sir%20how%20does%20this%20investment%20works%20I%20want%20to%20know%20more%20about%20it&source=&data=&app_absent=

Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Phenmeson(m): 11:40am On Jul 14, 2020
[quote author=Phenmeson post=91700750]

If you click on this link, my elder Bro was scammed through this. I even chatted the scammer yesterday, and he asked me to drop my account details but I insisted I want to do online transfer but he failed to drop his/her account number

/send?phone=2348132197534&text=Please%20sir%20how%20does%20this%20investment%20works%20I%20want%20to%20know%20more%20about%20it&source=&data=&app_absent=
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by opera1(m): 11:48am On Jul 14, 2020
Phenmeson:

Please do you have anyone who has received his/her scam money back. I know Nigeria bank/legal system can do more best to protect more victims through consumers protection Act. I have someone who was scam few days ago through a Facebook hacked account

IT'S ONLY GREEDY PEOPLE DAT CAN BE SCAMMED ON FACEBOOK.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Phenmeson(m): 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
opera1:

IT'S ONLY GREEDY PEOPLE DAT CAN BE SCAMMED ON FACEBOOK.

I agree � but our country is difficult at this stage even with the pandemic. Government are not helping the poors and this wot makes people who doesn't have more knowledge of Internet scam to fall victim. Getting a post on a trusted Facebook friend wall still makes people believe this business are legit. The scammer only requested for name, account number to join the registration and then have asses to the bank account to loot all the cash.
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by jamesbridget13(f): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
Phenmeson:

i am sorry. Someone shared her experience in a group. It's been a very long time
Re: I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? by Phenmeson(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2020
jamesbridget13:
i am sorry. Someone shared her experience in a group. It's been a very long time

Tanz dear. I know is difficult to recoup one's cash back from a Fraudster account in Nigeria �� compared to other country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. / They Open His Fore Head Removed All The Brain - Blackaxe Vs Vikings Benin PHOTOS / Cultist Runs As Fulani Takes Over Abeokuta VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.