Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts (2047 Views)

Everyone Will Meet Jesus No Matter Your Religion Or Belief / Michael Job: Kenyan Jesus Deportation Hoax / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
If you've read any of my topics you would know I'm no stranger to the so called 'mystries /mystics' of life , there are only the known knowns and the unknowns unknowns (the ones we fear) if you're lost at this point , this thread is maybe not for you ...
Okay let's , break down those superstitions /Events /Situations , disappearing cocks In public , hooked sexual partners, African Bulletproof (odeshi) , things you believe is spiritual or they may be a God . These are all Fake and are Tricks , Nothing Spiritual has never happened to anybody in the history of this planet, NO ONE! Just Read and Read and Re-Read

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Edopesin: 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
The reports of people seeing ghosts of recent dead

The reports of dead people coming back and even having carnal knowledge with the living

Mysterious sightings (My mama tell me this one and even though I don't have any reason to not believe her I find hard to believe) like seeing fire go up a tree without burning it
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

The reports of dead people coming back and even having carnal knowledge with the living

Mysterious sightings (My mama tell me this one and even though I don't have any reason to not believe her I find hard to believe) like seeing fire go up a tree without burning it

from time people have been seeing , what they believe to be doublgangers , (appears when the person is alive but seen in another location)
But when people see someone who is dead of recent is seen by another person that is not aware of the death right ?

There is no way a dead person (who just died would appear to you physically or in dreams) in ancient Greece there were reports of same thing happening , but was later discovered it was caused by mass hysteria , when one person believes he sees dead people , of course metally you would see someone who died or who would dies of recent or later in the future , or you want to say everybody seen in dreams turn out dead? It's rare but it happens the mind is the most powerful tool

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

Dead people don't come back
There is what Is called Alternate death , where people die literally and return , in wars when there are mass killings , among a hundred shot , one would survive , even though he was hit too.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:
from time people have been seeing , what they believe to be doublgangers , (appears when the person is alive but seen in another location)
But when people see someone who is dead of recent is seen by another person that is not aware of the death right ?

There is no way a dead person (who just died would appear to you physically or in dreams) in ancient Greece there were reports of same thing happening , but was later discovered it was caused by mass hysteria , when one person believes he sees dead people , of course metally you would see someone who died or who would dies of recent or later in the future , or you want to say everybody seen in dreams turn out dead? It's rare but it happens the mind is the most powerful tool
Bull Faeces! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Edopesin: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:

https://www.nairaland.com/5868271/please-apartment-being-haunted-ghost

this post made fp few weeks back, the op claimed there was banging of two's on his window but there was no one there and more than one person according to the op experienced these mysterious happenings, I no go lie I was scared as hell when I read this write up at night

how do you explain the knocking on the window
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

this post made fp few weeks back, the op claimed there was banging of two's on his window but there was no one there and more than one person according to the op experienced these mysterious happenings, I no go lie I was scared as hell when I read this write up at night

I'll read that and get back with possible but accurate hypothesis
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Bull Faeces! undecided undecided undecided
Meathead ! Learn no matter how stupid it sounds , don't be a complete meathead(you have no choice but I believe you can try , fvck it you can't )

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Edopesin: 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lemme share this one also

We all know Edo state is tagged "The Capital of Witches and all" which is out of ignorance btw but when a lot of people claim to have experienced something at the same time you begin to doubt your beliefs

I've heard this story from different sources sha but I don't know how valid it is

Most Edo North people, Particularly the Esan, Auchi, Etsako, Ekpoma, Fuga and environs have one time or the other heard about the dead popular musician Bolivia (Not his son that bears the same name) coming back from the dead and getting married to a woman for some years and even gave birth to children (No jokes man)

According to the stories the woman didn't know where he came from and she disturbed him persistently to take her to where he came from and he finally obliged but when they got to his family house in the village. but without entering he asked her to go in that he will be back and left her with the kids

She went in and saw his family and when she told them who she was and who she's married to some people took to their heels cheesy while they showed her the grave where the great Bolivia was buried

Las Las this might just be another story to scare kids but they way people do tell the story is scary stuff
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

read through the whole story 4 times, the death has nothing to do with the visitation , the description of the figure sounds like the shadowman(they are Aliens ) everybody has seen shadow men , Seeing a shadowman coupled with the feeling of the recent death must have made his fear heighted as it will logically affect any human ,

Let's say fine she came , now knocking for 3 hours ? I know Nigerian police are not effective but 3hour fierce knock would warrant neighbors to come and see what is bothering them from sleeping , and I fail to see why this recording of the 'banging ' of 3 hours could not surface ,

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

We all know Edo state is tagged "The Capital of Witches and all" which is out of ignorance btw but when a lot of people claim to have experienced something at the same time you begin to doubt your beliefs

I've heard this story from different sources sha but I don't know how valid it is

Most Edo North people, Particularly the Esan, Auchi, Etsako, Ekpoma, Fuga and environs have one time or the other heard about the dead popular musician Bolivia (Not his son that bears the same name) coming back from the dead and getting married to a woman for some years and even gave birth to children (No jokes man)

According to the stories the woman didn't know where he came from and she disturbed him persistently to take her to where he came from and he finally obliged but when they got to his family house in the village. but without entering he asked her to go in that he will be back and left her with the kids

She went in and saw his family and when she told them who she was and who she's married to some people took to their heels cheesy while they showed her the grave where the great Bolivia was buried

Las Las this might just be another story to scare kids but they way people do tell the story is scary stuff
obviously a hoax but let's say it's real and it happened then it is very similar to the old wives tale they tell In Europe to scare children , HOAX!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Salem17 hello

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Edopesin: 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:
obviously a hoax but let's say it's real and it happened then it is very similar to the old wives tale they tell In Europe to scare children , HOAX!!!

Most likely but it definitely did it's job in scaring old man edo pesin like myself

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

Most likely but it definitely did it's job in scaring old man edo pesin like myself
thats what they do , they gave a. Way in dwelling deep in our minds , I tell you till date they are superstitions we know are false but we still deep down believe it could be true ,.. you are probably thinking of one now

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Really? Ok. Pls explain this: A food vendor who was living around my area used to sell her stuff early in the morning to people in the neighbourhood before going out to hawk. One morning as she set out to go out about 7:30am, she first came to the flat beside ours and started calling out to the young girl who was living with her mom to come and collect her change. One of the women who came to visit the mom came out to ask what the problem was. The vendor said the girl came about 30 mins prior with a little girl to buy rice and she told her she would bring change for her at home. Problem was, that particular girl had died around 6am that morning (after being seriously sick for about 2-3 days) People from the other end of the street later said they saw her that morning passing with a little girl. This happened in 1991 in my former neighbourhood. How about that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:

I don't know about that story above, but a similar thing happened in my friend's house in Abeokuta. Incidentally, my friend's landlord was my dad's friend too. My friend told me the story, then I heard my dad telling another person the story as relayed by the landlord. A young guy came to rent an apartment in the house. He was very jovial and mingled freely in the neighbourhood. He told everybody he was from Ife. A day came when one of the neighbours had an occasion to attend at Ife. My friend and many others planned to follow the neighbour for that occasion. That young man too showed eagerness to go. But on the D-Day, he feigned illness and couldn't follow them. He described his family house to them. After the occasion, they all went to the guy's family house to just check on the family. They were mighty shocked when they were shown his grave and the car wreckage he died in. When they got back to Abeokuta, the guy had vanished. How do you explain that?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by 1Sharon(f): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

I've heard something similar like this undecided
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by 1Sharon(f): 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:
read through the whole story 4 times, the death has nothing to do with the visitation , the description of the figure sounds like the shadowman(they are Aliens ) everybody has seen shadow men , Seeing a shadowman coupled with the feeling of the recent death must have made his fear heighted as it will logically affect any
Let's say fine she came , now knocking for 3 hours ? I know Nigerian police are not effective but 3hour fierce knock would warrant neighbors to come and see what is bothering them from sleeping , and I fail to see why this recording of the 'banging ' of 3 hours could not surface ,

No need to decipher anything OP lied
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by 1Sharon(f): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

I don't know about that story above, but a similar thing happened in my friend's house in Abeokuta. Incidentally, my friend's landlord was my dad's friend too. My friend told me the story, then I heard my dad telling another person the story as relayed by the landlord. A young guy came to rent an apartment in the house. He was very jovial and mingled freely in the neighbourhood. He told everybody he was from Ife. A day came when one of the neighbours had an occasion to attend at Ife. My friend and many others planned to follow the neighbour for that occasion. That young man too showed eagerness to go. But on the D-Day, he feigned illness and couldn't follow them. He described his family house to them. After the occasion, they all went to the guy's family house to just check on the family. They were mighty shocked when they were shown his grave and the car wreckage he died in. When they got back to Abeokuta, the guy had vanished. How do you explain that?

Why do these stories always sound the same? undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Edopesin: 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
1Sharon:

I've heard something similar like this undecided
So do you think there's any iota of truth in there undecided
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
1Sharon:

Why do these stories always sound the same? undecided
Don't know why. But what I posted there was not fiction. It happened live.
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by 1Sharon(f): 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Don't know why. But what I posted there was not fiction. It happened live.

You were there? undecided
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by 1Sharon(f): 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

I never said that
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Edopesin: 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
1Sharon:

I never said that

I know you didn't, just wanted to know what you think
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by 1Sharon(f): 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

I know you didn't, just wanted to know what you think

I was told something similar..Nigerians just love to circulate baseless stories abeg
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Edopesin: 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
1Sharon:

I was told something similar..Nigerians just love to circulate baseless stories abeg

grin
I agree

I cannot explain that feeling tends to be make people want to believe that there is something supernatural happening around us even when it's unreal
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by kingxsamz(m): 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

All stories sound similar because that's the belief that's being passed around. Same way most people believe there are witches in benin that can fly.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 05, 2020
1Sharon:

You were there? undecided

It was relayed to me by my close friend that knew the guy as they were living in the same house. The story was confirmed by the landlord independently when he told my dad about it.
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:39am On Jun 05, 2020
1Sharon:

No need to decipher anything OP lied
on the re-directed link right?
I was almost 100percent sure it made made up.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:55am On Jun 05, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

have you noticed that must things brought here are about dead people? Isn't that suspicious , and there are not first person encounters not second person's but people 'you believe you know' , it's heresay and very difficult to debunk hear says, but let's analyse this in bits
A Corpes returning would mean , there are 2 bodys , one dead somewhere and the other making the Visistations? Now I this visiting 'ghost ' can capon create full organs (a thinking brain , motor funtions , breathing (which is only possible in living beigns) , capable of speech (which is specific to humans with nessesary organs for communication), the ghost could save us enough cloning intelligence than trying to scare people, , now let's say the 'ghost ' is invincible , you cannot be invincible on Earth especially on a place like Nigeria , because passing through air has a lot of obstacles and obstructions , imagine a ghost moving through thousands molecules on a dusty road? Yeah would look awkward and quite something imposible the net will quickly be filled with the video , there is definitely no way Ghosts exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 8:01am On Jun 05, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

ah the popular disappearing Orphan child , Another old wives tale debunked last early century , Women would know women who adopted orphans, only to find out he never existed in the first place ,
Let's say this 'tennant ' existed , was he not washing his clothes? Did his clothes disappear? ,His shoes , toothbrush, his ATM card .You said he was a jovial person and nobody had a video of him goofing around, breaking jokes , his

HOAX!!
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2020
kingxsamz:

All stories sound similar because that's the belief that's being passed around. Same way most people believe there are witches in benin that can fly.
exactly!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The DNA / I Need My Offering Money Back. Attention: Power City International Church, Uyo / Terror/terrorism In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.