Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,630 members, 7,854,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts (2116 Views)

Everyone Will Meet Jesus No Matter Your Religion Or Belief / Michael Job: Kenyan Jesus Deportation Hoax / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Edopesin: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2020
kingxsamz:

All stories sound similar because that's the belief that's being passed around. Same way most people believe there are witches in benin that can fly.

obviously they are not true but when old Edo women come out and confirm that they are witches people tend to be believe witches are real

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by kingxsamz(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:

obviously they are not true but when old Edo women come out and confirm that they are witches people tend to be believe witches are real

They themselves are delusional.
They claim to be what they're not just to instill fear in the minds of people. And given that Nigerians are gullible, they usually fall for this.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2020
1Sharon:

Why do these stories always sound the same? undecided
there is something about the photo of you and your kids , it should be framed as one of the best pictures out of Nigerian home. It's Perfect.
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by kevoh(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:
Lemme share this one also

We all know Edo state is tagged "The Capital of Witches and all" which is out of ignorance btw but when a lot of people claim to have experienced something at the same time you begin to doubt your beliefs

I've heard this story from different sources sha but I don't know how valid it is

Most Edo North people, Particularly the Esan, Auchi, Etsako, Ekpoma, Fuga and environs have one time or the other heard about the dead popular musician Bolivia (Not his son that bears the same name) coming back from the dead and getting married to a woman for some years and even gave birth to children (No jokes man)

In nigeria, it's rare to get married without knowing the relatives of the spouse especially taking into account the era this happened. Taking the person to an Uncle living in the same city or just someone from the same village living the same city will also count as knowing the family. It is at this point, the story stopped making any sense. Funny enough how same story has been remixed with different characters across Nigeria and finally disappeared from our memories with the advent of camera phones and other portable recording devices.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by 1Sharon(f): 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
TheSourcerer:
there is something about the photo of you and your kids , it should be framed as one of the best pictures out of Nigerian home. It's Perfect.

Not me oo..
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
1Sharon:

Not me oo..
Still ....... Lovley choice of photo

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
CAPSLOCKED I'll be needing your help here , and if possible move to trending to answer wider range of questions

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
TheSourcerer:
ah the popular disappearing Orphan child , Another old wives tale debunked last early century , Women would know women who adopted orphans, only to find out he never existed in the first place ,
Let's say this 'tennant ' existed , was he not washing his clothes? Did his clothes disappear? ,His shoes , toothbrush, his ATM card .You said he was a jovial person and nobody had a video of him goofing around, breaking jokes , his

HOAX!!

You guys always think not believing in supernatural occurrences makes you sound or look "smart", right? You may not believe it and that's up to you. I'm not here to argue on what you believe or not believe. It just sounds funny when I read the "science hasn't proved it so it is never possible" stuff you guys throw about.
And you're looking for videos? Show me all the videos of your friends from the 90s pls. Or don't worry. I may be able to dig out a video of a chat he had with CNN that time to convince you.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
TheSourcerer:
have you noticed that must things brought here are about dead people? Isn't that suspicious , and there are not first person encounters not second person's but people 'you believe you know' , it's heresay and very difficult to debunk hear says, but let's analyse this in bits
A Corpes returning would mean , there are 2 bodys , one dead somewhere and the other making the Visistations? Now I this visiting 'ghost ' can capon create full organs (a thinking brain , motor funtions , breathing (which is only possible in living beigns) , capable of speech (which is specific to humans with nessesary organs for communication), the ghost could save us enough cloning intelligence than trying to scare people, , now let's say the 'ghost ' is invincible , you cannot be invincible on Earth especially on a place like Nigeria , because passing through air has a lot of obstacles and obstructions , imagine a ghost moving through thousands molecules on a dusty road? Yeah would look awkward and quite something imposible the net will quickly be filled with the video , there is definitely no way Ghosts exist.

Do you believe in the supernatural? We can start from there. I don't believe dead people come back to life. But I believe there are spiritual manipulations that control such. That's why I asked you; do you believe in the supernatural?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Do you believe in the supernatural? We can start from there. I don't believe dead people come back to life. But I believe there are spiritual manipulations that control such. That's why I asked you; do you believe in the supernatural?
i believe in attaining spirituality if that counts , but no I don't believe in the supernatural.
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Salem17: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Salem17 hello
Hi
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

You guys always think not believing in supernatural occurrences makes you sound or look "smart", right? You may not believe it and that's up to you. I'm not here to argue on what you believe or not believe. It just sounds funny when I read the "science hasn't proved it so it is never possible" stuff you guys throw about.
And you're looking for videos? Show me all the videos of your friends from the 90s pls. Or don't worry. I may be able to dig out a video of a chat he had with CNN that time to convince you.
okay
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Salem17:

Hi
saw you peeping through... smiley
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by MRosario(m): 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:
Lemme share this one also

We all know Edo state is tagged "The Capital of Witches and all" which is out of ignorance btw but when a lot of people claim to have experienced something at the same time you begin to doubt your beliefs

I've heard this story from different sources sha but I don't know how valid it is

Most Edo North people, Particularly the Esan, Auchi, Etsako, Ekpoma, Fuga and environs have one time or the other heard about the dead popular musician Bolivia (Not his son that bears the same name) coming back from the dead and getting married to a woman for some years and even gave birth to children (No jokes man)

According to the stories the woman didn't know where he came from and she disturbed him persistently to take her to where he came from and he finally obliged but when they got to his family house in the village. but without entering he asked her to go in that he will be back and left her with the kids

She went in and saw his family and when she told them who she was and who she's married to some people took to their heels cheesy while they showed her the grave where the great Bolivia was buried

Las Las this might just be another story to scare kids but they way people do tell the story is scary stuff

I've heard this same story twice, once where I served, and also in my hometown with a little more details. Guy I can confidently tell you it's a folk tale, totally unverifiable. People even lie and say they knew the man.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
MRosario:

I've heard this same story twice, once where I served, and also in my hometown with a little more details. Guy I can confidently tell you it's a folk tale, totally unverifiable. People even lie and say they knew the man.
it has always been hear-say , we(our society) is full of this scary, life munching , blood sucking creatures who are always out to get the living for some reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
TheSourcerer:
it has always been hear-say , we(our society) is full of this scary, life munching , blood sucking creatures who are always out to get the living for some reason.
too bad some actually believes this, and get scamed.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:30am On Jun 07, 2020
kevoh:

In nigeria, it's rare to get married without knowing the relatives of the spouse especially taking into account the era this happened. Taking the person to an Uncle living in the same city or just someone from the same village living the same city will also count as knowing the family. It is at this point, the story stopped making any sense. Funny enough how same story has been remixed with different characters across Nigeria and finally disappeared from our memories with the advent of camera phones and other portable recording devices.
true true there brother
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:32am On Jun 07, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
too bad some actually believes this, and get scamed.
it's a dog eat dog world bro

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 7:58am On Jul 07, 2020
whitelotus Xmuslim
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Xmuslim: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
Well, I don't want to believe in supernatural, I want to know whether it is real or hoax. I know there are some people that are spiritual but not religious. The more we live, the more we learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by IMAliyu(m): 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
The first time I had sleep paralysis. That was a hell of a scare. I prayed like mad that day.

Thought it was demons/jinn, but the next time I had it was in Ramadan and as a Muslim Ramadan was the month that all the demons were locked up. So I researched on it and found out that it was just a state where your mind wakes up, but not your body and your brain was still in a dream like state. And was a hoax nothing spiritual.
I had it a couple of more times later and I stopped being scared, learned how to break out of it when it starts and there was one time I used that state to lucid dream.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by LordReed(m): 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
Edopesin:

https://www.nairaland.com/5868271/please-apartment-being-haunted-ghost

this post made fp few weeks back, the op claimed there was banging of two's on his window but there was no one there and more than one person according to the op experienced these mysterious happenings, I no go lie I was scared as hell when I read this write up at night

how do you explain the knocking on the window

A tree limb blown by the wind? The OP was suffering from Carbon Dioxide poisoning?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by LordReed(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2020
My superstitions have been dying a slow death but after becoming an atheist I couldn't find one I still held or feared. My concerns are now centred on real things, like my children slipping and falling down the stairs or my wife dying in a workplace accident. Mostly they are of things I can mitigate to a certain extent, I am however fully aware that the vagaries of life can set up a circumstance nobody could have predicted and I am fine with that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
Kelly256
This should scare you a bit (nah) tongue
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
LordReed:
My superstitions have been dying a slow death but after becoming an atheist I couldn't find one I still held or feared. My concerns are now centred on real things, like my children slipping and falling down the stairs or my wife dying in a workplace accident. Mostly they are of things I can mitigate to a certain extent, I am however fully aware that the vagaries of life can set up a circumstance nobody could have predicted and I am fine with that.
cool
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Kelly256(f): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Kelly256
This should scare you a bit (nah) tongue
let's watch and see smiley
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2020
Kelly256:
let's watch and see smiley
morning hey ♥️
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Kelly256(f): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:
morning hey ♥️
hi! How are you doing?!
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kelly256:
hi! How are you doing?!

Having a great day really , responded to my mail yet?
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by Kelly256(f): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Having a great day really , responded to my mail yet?
not yet, I haven't gotten the time to go through my emails but will do so as soon as possible!
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kelly256:
not yet, I haven't gotten the time to go through my emails but will do so as soon as possible!
curious
Don't you have anything Spiritual happen to you , ever?
Re: What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts by TheSourcerer: 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2020
Possiblegee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lying Evangelicals On Trump's Re - Election / A Religious Man Is Not A Free Man / Pope Called Son Of God: Blasphemy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.