Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed (1611 Views)

Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) / Maj Ayangbesan, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Insurgents (pic) / Auwal Saad, A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Members On Tuesday (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Olaedo1: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2011
[size=15pt]Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed[/size]

Author: Date: Jan 21st, 2011.

The bank's ATM machine that ws destroyed by the robbers this morning along Ayobo, Ipaja, Lagos

A gang of robbers in the early hours of today invaded a new generation bank in Ayobo area of Ayobo-Ipaja Local Council Development Area, LCDA of Lagos State, South West, Nigeria.

A police source informed P.M.NEWS that the robbers were armed with dynamite and other sophisticated weapons. They arrived the bank at about 1.30 a.m. and blew up the vault of the bank during the operation which lasted for about three hours.

They also broke the bank’s automated teller machine, ATM, and carted away an unspecified sum of money.

Residents of the area, who witnessed the robbery attack, said it was as if there was war as the robbers were shooting throughout the period the robbery operation lasted.

The police were said to be helpless because of the sophisticated weapons the robbers used.

An eyewitness claimed that the robbers came in through the Ayetero-Ijele, Ogun State boundary and escaped through the same route after their successful operation.

The Area Commander of Area “G” Police Command, Mr. Mobolaji Odesanya, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, ASP, visited the scene of the crime this morning.

He promised that the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo will also visit the scene very soon.

Mr. Odesanya also added that investigation into the incident has commenced.

In another incident, an army sergeant and a hotelier identified as Mr. Ogu, were yesterday night killed by armed robbers near a fast food restaurant along Morocco-Bajulaiye Road, in Somolu, Lagos State.

Mr. Ogu was said to be in his car with two other occupants when he ran into the robbers and was shot.

An eyewitness told P.M.NEWS that the sergeant, who was a guard nearby, was attracted to the scene by gunshots but he was also shot by the robbers before he could do anything.

A source at the scene said the robbers, who were about 10, were attacking a popular beer parlour in the area when the car rammed into them.

As at the time of filing this report, Ogu’s car with registration number AT 988 AGL, with blood stains all over and perforated by bullets, had been removed from the scene to Alade Division of the Nigeria Police, Somolu. The Divisional Police Officer, DPO, of the station declined comment.

He referred P.M.NEWS to the state police command, Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Frank Mba for further enquiry.

— Cyriacus Izuekwe

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/01/21/robbers-blow-up-bank-vault-with-dynamite-hotelier-soldier-killed-2/
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by KaluAkanu: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2011
Chineke!

No where in Naija is safe.
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Olaedo1: 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2011
It was said that this operation went on for 3 hours shocked.
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Tsiya(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2011
The Area Commander of Area “G” Police Command, Mr. Mobolaji Odesanya, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, ASP, visited the scene of the crime this morning.

He promised that the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo will also visit the scene very soon.

shocked shocked
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by blacksta(m): 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2011
We have graduated from Militancy, Kidd napping and now bombs

Thanks a bunch PDP - I say Goodluck to Nigeria more like bad luck grin.
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by philip0906(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2011
A police source informed P.M.NEWS that the robbers were armed with dynamite and other sophisticated weapons. They arrived the bank at about 1.30 a.m. and blew up the vault of the bank during the operation which lasted for about three hours.

Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
Didn't Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (CBN Governor) issue a clear warning about groups attacking banks in search of funds like a week ago? If Sanusi had access to such information, how come the police were not able to prepare for this?
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by ekubear1: 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
Na wa o.
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2011
Can anyone kindly tell me what Nigeria's top security executives discuss when they have their meetings ?

Do they really know what is going on nationwide, or do they care undecided

My answer is , CLUELESS in Nigeria angry
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by omongbatim: 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2011
eku_bear:

Na wa o.

My friend,

I had a question for you on the thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-589689.32.html
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by blacksta(m): 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2011
frosbel:

Can anyone kindly tell me what Nigeria's top security  executives discuss when they have their meetings ?

Do they really know what is going on nationwide, or do they care  undecided

My answer is , CLUELESS in Nigeria   angry

lol

A typical FEC Meeting  - The only thing you hear is that they have awarded contracts

Wetin concern them with bombing that one na peasants problem
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by ekubear1: 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2011
omongbatim:

My friend,

I had a question for you on the thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-589689.32.html

I answered it. Post #46 on that thread.
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2011
Thank you Goodluck for bringing bombs to Nigeria
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by omongbatim: 11:36pm On Jan 21, 2011
eku_bear:

I answered it. Post #46 on that thread.

Thanks. Can you answer a bit more on my response?lol
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by aljharem(m): 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2011
naija embarassed tongue
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Osama10(m): 12:30am On Jan 22, 2011
The rate at which this country is deteriorating is so fast. sad
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Olaedo1: 12:38am On Jan 22, 2011
Osama10:

The rate at which this country is deteriorating is so fast. sad

Thank Mr. Goodluck cheesy
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by ikeyman00(m): 1:45am On Jan 22, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@

the [size=32pt]firing power[/size] from the robbers was overwhelming in that the police was left befuddled this has been since the cave times

rocket science ehhh

yet and yet the ivory coast sage manage to raise more eye browse

like some one said what is all that meeting behind close doors in aso rock all about? even iraq police stand more chance to fight back

this is the reason white man will continue to laugh down on those looters whenever the step to over seas
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Osama10(m): 1:52am On Jan 22, 2011
Tomorrow the same old bunch of idiots fools would be thinking of going to Ivory Coast when their own house is on fire.
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by Jakumo(m): 5:54am On Jan 22, 2011
Is that a stick of dynamite in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me ?
Re: Robbers Blow Up Bank Vault With Dynamite; Hotelier, Soldier Killed by jamace(m): 9:02am On Jan 22, 2011
Can anyone kindly tell me what Nigeria's top security executives discuss when they have their meetings ?
Do they really know what is going on nationwide, or do they care undecided

My answer is , CLUELESS in Nigeria angry

Forget what those bigmen discuss. Those bigmen discuss how they can use every security turmoil to have access to more loots from the govt coffers.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Or Ibori, Who Will You Vote For? / Why Ojukwu Joined A Northern Party – An Opinion / Blame Northern Leaders Over Insecurity Not Jonathan-dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.