Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes (55850 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football's All-time Leading Goalscorer In Competitive Games / Forbes Highest Paid Players List 2019: Messi, Ronaldo & Neymar Earnings / Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Jokerman(m): 12:15am On Jun 07, 2020
senatordave1:

It is messi

if we are talking of sportsmen, Messi is not even in top 10.... he has to topple Pele, maradona, cr7 first in football before entering sportsmen.....cheesy
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by senatordave1(m): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Jokerman:

if we are talking of sportsmen, Messi is not even in top 10.... he has to topple Pele, maradona, cr7 first in football before entering sportsmen.....cheesy

Yes
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Dalil6: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2020
Slynation:

How can you say someone who was offered a blank cheque to fill his wages and he refused is playing for Money....Nawa oO

Blank check? Lol that was just speculations, Barca said they never received an offer from Man City and Man City never contacted Messi, just rumors.

Trust me the day Messi steps foot outside Barca that'll be his end. But we can't say the same for the GOAT (Ronaldo).
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Slynation(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2020
Dalil6:

Blank check? Lol that was just speculations, Barca said they never received an offer from Man City and Man City never contacted Messi, just rumors.

Trust me the day Messi steps foot outside Barca that'll be his end. But we can say the same for the GOAT (Ronaldo).
The owner of PSG said they will pay Messi any amount he wants... On the other hand, I wonder how you guys arrived to that conclusion that if Messi should leave Barca that will be the end, one thing is certain, On behalf of Barcelona fans worldwide, we don't want him to go...

If you guys are waiting for Lionel Messi to leave Barcelona before he can proof some inconsequential and baseless bragging right to you all, then you all are waiting in vain.... grin
Messi is Barcelona and Barcelona is Messi...so keep bringing ur favorite teams while he Mesmerize them all.... grin
#King of Nutmeg... grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Slynation(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol you are talking in the nonsense, Lionel Messi was the first ever footballer to win the award sportsman of the year... Even Cr7 haven't achieved that feet....

And lemme put this to you, I have taken my time to watch documentaries of both Pele and Maradona and there is no doubt they were the greatest player of their time... But compare the era of football those days and now, would you agree they are the Greatest ever?? Football of those days was filled with laughter and no hard marking involved...

If all the qualities of Pele and Maradona is transferred to this present football, both of them won't even make second 11 in Hull City squad...

Kai... If you want to understand me very very well, go back and watch those documentaries, then imagine a Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo was in action in any of those team, I can bet my scrotum they will be scoring at least 5 goals per game, that's if those guys didn't give them a flying kick in one of those games... grin

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by vivilafrosh(f): 5:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
paulolee:

kk i get ur point bt i still insist if footballers are being ranked based on riches, for example if networth is among the criteria for winning ballon d or award, i think messi would av left barca to get a richer deal elsewhere and he would be the richest a long time ago, because back den and even till now messi is more influential and more valuable than ronaldo, u can talk about the market value and all the endorsement deals bt if i think if messi was aiming for all thaf he would easily get them even till now but for him all those things dont count.
all your statement are based on assumptions. Who told you messi is not looking for money? Tell me the most richest team in football after real Madrid.? If messi had left barca there are many of us who believed he will be a shadow of himself. Ronadinho tried it and the rest is history. Barca style of football complements messi. Much as I love messi you have to give credit to ronaldo. Nit every player leaves his former club to become a banger. Hazard is still trying to recover. Ronaldo hardwork is something even messi complements. Is not easy o. Messi is a natural good player yes. But only a team like barca can give him that. Don't sound as if his doing barca too much favor. Even barca is helping him. Ronaldos wealth is as a result of his consistency across Europe. Playing for sporting Lisbon, Manchester united, Madrid and now juventus has acquired him a huge fan base that messi can never measure up to. His got so many endorsement due to his physical appearance, style of play and trademark. This is an edge he continues to have over messi. Ronaldo is a complete player. Even if I hate his arrogance. Wen u see good thing admit it and congratulate him. His the first billionaire footballer. Its quite an achievement. Even Beckham with his fine boy is not a billionaire.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by vivilafrosh(f): 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Slynation:
Lol you are talking in the nonsense, Lionel Messi was the first ever footballer to win the award sportsman of the year... Even Cr7 haven't achieved that feet....

And lemme put this to you, I have taken my time to watch documentaries of both Pele and Maradona and there is no doubt they were the greatest player of their time... But compare the era of football those days and now, would you agree they are the Greatest ever?? Football of those days was filled with laughter and no hard marking involved...

If all the qualities of Pele and Maradona is transferred to this present football, both of them won't even make second 11 in Hull City squad...

Kai... If you want to understand me very very well, go back and watch those documentaries, then imagine a Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo was in action in any of those team, I can bet my scrotum they will be scoring at least 5 goals per game, that's if those guys didn't give them a flying kick in one of those games... grin
did I hear you correctly. No hard marking? You are funny. Football of now is even easier compared to their days. They played in harsh conditions such as poor stadiums, weather was sometimes in bad shape, the audience wasn't as large as it is now, they had fewer endorsement and money to make. They didn't have the luxuries your ronaldo and messi are having today. Transportation was poor that some times they had to sleep for days to arrive a particular venue to play. The medical condition was bad that any little injury ended there contract... The list goes on. Don't even say what you don't know. If they had the kind of comfort they had now someone like maradonna would have been ten times the messi we are seeing today.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by mikelovi(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good post
Please check out my website www.combopredict.com
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by paulolee(m): 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
vivilafrosh:
all your statement are based on assumptions. Who told you messi is not looking for money? Tell me the most richest team in football after real Madrid.? If messi had left barca there are many of us who believed he will be a shadow of himself. Ronadinho tried it and the rest is history. Barca style of football complements messi. Much as I love messi you have to give credit to ronaldo. Nit every player leaves his former club to become a banger. Hazard is still trying to recover. Ronaldo hardwork is something even messi complements. Is not easy o. Messi is a natural good player yes. But only a team like barca can give him that. Don't sound as if his doing barca too much favor. Even barca is helping him. Ronaldos wealth is as a result of his consistency across Europe. Playing for sporting Lisbon, Manchester united, Madrid and now juventus has acquired him a huge fan base that messi can never measure up to. His got so many endorsement due to his physical appearance, style of play and trademark. This is an edge he continues to have over messi. Ronaldo is a complete player. Even if I hate his arrogance. Wen u see good thing admit it and congratulate him. His the first billionaire footballer. Its quite an achievement. Even Beckham with his fine boy is not a billionaire.
kk i agree with all ur points about cr7 just because i dnt want to extend the argument after i read wr u said all am saying are assumptions...no probs...i leave it thier
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Slynation(m): 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
vivilafrosh:
did I hear you correctly. No hard marking? You are funny. Football of now is even easier compared to their days. They played in harsh conditions such as poor stadiums, weather was sometimes in bad shape, the audience wasn't as large as it is now, they had fewer endorsement and money to make. They didn't have the luxuries your ronaldo and messi are having today. Transportation was poor that some times they had to sleep for days to arrive a particular venue to play. The medical condition was bad that any little injury ended there contract... The list goes on. Don't even say what you don't know. If they had the kind of comfort they had now someone like maradonna would have been ten times the messi we are seeing today.
Shey you de whine me abi... grin please don't just come up with those factors as if we don't play football in dilapidated fields in Nigeria and we very good at it...most of us will shine very well in most European Stadiums, Or do you think before Messi, CR7,Neymer etc became who they are today, they didn't play street football in harsh weather conditions...??

Just go and watch those documentaries very well and see the rubbish they were playing back then in the 80s, most are over aged, why won't Pele at 17yrs deal with his ancestors very well grin I still maintain my stand, both won't make second 11 at Hull City, what are my even saying, they won't even survive screening in any top flight professional football of this present era...

#Peace
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Dalil6: 6:57am On Jun 08, 2020
Slynation:

The owner of PSG said they will pay Messi any amount he wants... On the other hand, I wonder how you guys arrived to that conclusion that if Messi should leave Barca that will be the end, one thing is certain, On behalf of Barcelona fans worldwide, we don't want him to go...

If you guys are waiting for Lionel Messi to leave Barcelona before he can proof some inconsequential and baseless bragging right to you all, then you all are waiting in vain.... grin
Messi is Barcelona and Barcelona is Messi...so keep bringing ur favorite teams while he Mesmerize them all.... grin
#King of Nutmeg... grin

Yup. Ronaldo is still the overall God of Football. EOD
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Jokerman(m): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Slynation:

Do you know Pele numbers?? hope you know assists weren't calculated in his time??
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Slynation(m): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Jokerman:

Do you know Pele numbers?? hope you know assists weren't calculated in his time??
yes I do, but he would have been an unknown player of compared to how football has transformed this present era
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Jokerman(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Slynation:
yes I do, but he would have been an unknown player of compared to how football has transformed this present era

seems you don't realize it was Pele that revolutionized football??

do you know what it is for a black man to succeed amongst whites in those days??

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
I earnings or in networth?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Slynation(m): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Jokerman:

seems you don't realize it was Pele that revolutionized football??

do you know what it is for a black man to succeed amongst whites in those days??
You don shift goal post o... grin but it's all good tho
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Godsownfc(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
The GOAT
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by boiz2men(m): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
Godsownfc:

Good evening sir. I'm very sorry for quoting you on this dead thread sir. I can say it was God's plan that I met you here. Pls don't overlook me. Pls I really need your help. I'm a student and my project work got approved for the past two weeks now after so many sleepless nights and effort and after spending alot. I've been asked to go do the binding and submit it. But I'm too broke now, I've called my single parent countless times but it's not easy at home too. Most of my friends had done theirs and left for home. I'm just staying here hoping for miracle to happen and no menial job around the school. I would've been at home now planning for what's next. Please sir come to my aid and help me in any way even if it is by paying part of the money and I will forever appreciate you. I can send you the PDF of the project work and I promise to snap and send you the project after the binding. Please I don't know who to turn to again, I'm just here starving and staying idle, please help me because of God. Thank you so much sir.

How much is it?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Godsownfc(m): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
GOAT pass GOAT sha grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by boiz2men(m): 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Godsownfc:

Thank you for replying sir. It will cost me #15k for the printing and binding. Thanks as I await your favorable reply sir.

There's a problem..

I want to be completely anonymous on here and I have no crypto.

Think of a way
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by Godsownfc(m): 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Where is my Messi o
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football 1st Billionaire - Forbes by BronzeTiger: 2:42am On Mar 23, 2023
Godsownfc:

Good evening sir. I'm very sorry for quoting you on this dead thread sir. I can say it was God's plan that I met you here. Pls don't overlook me. Pls I really need your help. I'm a student and my project work got approved for the past two weeks now after so many sleepless nights and effort and after spending alot. I've been asked to go do the binding and submit it. But I'm too broke now, I've called my single parent countless times but it's not easy at home too. Most of my friends had done theirs and left for home. I'm just staying here hoping for miracle to happen and no menial job around the school. I would've been at home now planning for what's next. Please sir come to my aid and help me in any way even if it is by paying part of the money and I will forever appreciate you. I can send you the PDF of the project work and I promise to snap and send you the project after the binding. Please I don't know who to turn to again, I'm just here starving and staying idle, please help me because of God. Thank you so much sir.
How many times are you going to beg on this nairaland. Muazu yakubu. boiz2men before you give this scammer anything just type Godsownfc in the nairaland search bar and see this guy for yourself. He's always formulating different sob stories just to scam unsuspecting givers. If it's not school today it's money to get tools tomorrow. Now he has gotten another account maybe One of his friends or fellow scammers Access bank 0768529812 to dupe you with. Be careful with this people.
And if you feel you still want to help him. Let him tell you the name of the school, snap his school ID card and post it here for you to see, Snap a piece of paper with him holding it that says Godsownfc in the school and post it here, drop his phone number for you to do a voice or whatsapp video call, drop a number of his fellow project mates for you to confirm the plausibility. If he can't do at least two of the above then he's a bonafide scammer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C / Jay-Jay Okocha Returns To Bolton Wanderers As Coach / Asisat Oshoala Pictured In Short Skirt After Fast Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.