Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? (4090 Views)

Sone Aluko - Should Be Our Attacking Midfielder In Brazil / Thompson Oliha Is Dead (Ex-Super Eagles Midfielder) / Best Midfielder In The Epl? Opta Stats From 2008/2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2007
loyika:

Leave all these Chelsea folks, I don't know anytime they hear Fat Frank's name, they start bowing down like Buddha Priest who have just heard the Name "BUDDHA" being shouted.

So all you Chelsea folks POP QUIZ FOR YOU: Who do you prefer in your Midfield Lamps or Essien (don't give me that "they play different roles, cause who would have thought of Essien at Centre Back) If you had a choice of picking one and dropping one (i know who i would prefer and it ain't Harry Redknapp's nephew tongue)

Create a trend for that. Why compare Lampard with Essien? Compare him with any of your player.
We won Liverpool 1- 0 ( C.L ) without Essien. And F. A said Lampard is better than any fucking midfielder (except Ronaldo man-u)
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by loyika(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2007
Was that a reply

Who would you prefer if you had a choice of Lamps and Essien

Simple enough question!!

cool GOONER 89

P.S. you can attach this to your reply if you want, (since that seems to be the norm nowadays )
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by loyika(m): 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2007
What is the basis of that, "Your STATS" or what you have seen with your own eyes on TV.

Why i mentioned Essien is to show how stats can be stupid basis for stuff at times, cause as far as i am concerned Essien is a better player than Lamps, but the Stats don't tell you that. What you watch on your screen every weekend does.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2007
@loyika
Someone really has to teach me how to add links in NL grin

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/fink_tank/article1851667.ece
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=actimTop100

loyika:

If all this was about better players like Essien i would be ok (has Essien scored that many goals, but i want to concur that he is more influencial than Lamps as a Motivator in midfield, like what Gerrard does for Liverpool)

So all you Chelsea folks POP QUIZ FOR YOU: Who do you prefer in your Midfield Lamps or Essien (don't give me that "they play different roles, cause who would have thought of Essien at Centre Back) If you had a choice of picking one and dropping one (i know who i would prefer and it ain't Harry Redknapp's nephew tongue)

We are not talking about just motivation we are talking about all round display and it seems we are backed up by Times and the Premier league's Actim Stats. What else do we have to do to get through to you?

We are now buddha priest becuz stats support Lamps right? Have I ever supported Shevy? We're just being objective man.

And as for your lamps and Essien - Lamps was lamps way before Essien. I want all of them to play at all times. If you had a chance btw Cesc and Gilberto whom would you choose? tongue

You know better than this question you are asking. Lamps passes, scores, Essien tackles and defends. Why the hell should i choose between both?

[size=14pt]The question is should Lamps be on that least, THE ANSWER IS AN INCONTROVERTIBLE YES!!![/size]
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by iniowei: 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2007
I'll pick Essien anyday anytime, but please give Lams some credit, but my midieler of the year is Paul Scholes, kaka had a good season but he played more like an attacker than a midfieder.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2007
The question is should Lamps be on that list, THE ANSWER IS AN INCONTROVERTIBLE YES!!!

Essien / Lampard
Look they are different players. You dont compare Ronaldo with Gattuoso because they are different midfield players.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2007
Mr F.A tell me:
Why do you think Essien is better?
FOR ME lampard is better because:
1. He assist strikers 11 times to score
2. He score 21 goals which is usual of a midfielder
3. He featuerd in every match this season
4. He had no suspension
5. He scored great goals of which UEFA took one as best 10 goal in CL 2006( against Barca nou-camp)

Tell me yours.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by loyika(m): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2007
Sorry Dason4life sad

Somze said i should not answer that question cause they are both different midfielders (Didn't you know that )

@ Somze

As for the Links, it happens like that sometimes to everyone grin

if given a choice between the 2, I would prefer Fab cause there are other Arsenal Midfielders that could come in for Berti, i.e. Denilson and Diaby can play the defensive midfield role as well, but Fab is unique as a playmaker.

cool GOONER 89

P.S. And what the Hell is wrong with being Buddha Priests cool Is that not better than being Guru Marharaji Monks grin (I need to ask Akola, wetin Lampard give una chop oh!!)
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2007
Lampard took RuuDie & I to PARAGA joint, where we took Chelsea gin. grin
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by kitaun(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2007
Loyika, do u see how these guys keep throwing silly tantrums? Dason4life, u r asking 4 it!!! Akola, u no go talk now o, later u'll keep saying Kitaun is d cause of Chelsea and its supporters' problem!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by kitaun(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2007
Loyika, do u see how these guys keep throwing silly tantrums? Dason4life, u r asking 4 it!!! Akola, u no go talk now o, later u'll keep saying Kitaun is d cause of Chelsea and its supporters' problem!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
loyika:

(I need to ask Akola, wetin Lampard give una chop oh!!)

grin grin grin grin

I cant choose between Lamps and Essien becuz they're different, i want 2 of them in Chelsea till they retire, thats assuming all things are equal. If you say Ballack and Lamps - i'd go for lamps. Essien and Makelele, i'd go for Essien - Maka is old. Lamps / Essien - no answer. wink

@kitaun
Relax, i dont see what any one did that was confrontational, we're all talking sports here so lets keep it that way.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by kitaun(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2007
Somze, no probs!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by loyika(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ Kitaun

Easy Bro (Besides you know say, you have a better chance of justice from Egbo Egbo than from Big Brother Almighty Akola "High Priest of the Chelsea Sect" )

Anyway you know how we do, since the season is over, we are bored so "Edge of the Cliff" stuff always happens.

@ Somze

Ballack vs Lampard is like saying Mushin Hotels vs Sheraton where do i book for you Even in a dream anyone would pick Mickey Mouse over Bollock(s) sorry Ballack grin grin

Anyway you have said your piece and that cools cool

But una must tell us before the season starts what LAMPARD (Or his agent) sent for you fans oh!! Cause this one pass Christ Embassy issue oh!! wink wink

cool GOONER 89

P.S. I am surprised Lampard's wifey Razorr has not commented  Where is she
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2007
grin grin grin

Wish i was being paid a percent of his earnings evry week with all this defence i'm building up for him.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by slimnike(m): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2007
For me, is KAKA.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by 9ja4eva: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2007
Cristano Ronaldo , Manchester United FC
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Akolawole(m): 1:05am On Jun 13, 2007
Am NOT too late?

Oh God, where should i start?

@Kitaun

Give me the exact post number where any members from my camp misbehave, i will koboko the person.
Please do give me.

@Loyika

Your high priest technology. No comment!
Na you know.

@Topic

This Lamps/Steven again.

Like i always say, Steven "APPEARS" to be a better player but statistics-wise Franky has done it. Lets examine Crouchy and Owen. Nobody will doubt Owen's talents while Crouchy do not appeal to over 90% of football fans. Who NOW does the Job? Peter Crouch of course.

According to my English friend, he says " Both(Steve & Lamps) are just average player but were surrounded by super foreign players in their clubs".

One of the reason why Mr Wenger hardly go for them.

Steven is highly credited of being a great shooter of the ball but on record Frank shoot at goal more than any player in the premiership.

Personally, the best of Gerrad was 2001 season NOT nowadays when he BLINDFOLDED his fans with 10 goals and all of them started shouting Halleluyah.

As per Franky, when everything goes wrong on the field, he will be like headless chicken, i think he shouldnt get more than £60k a week.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 13, 2007
dason4life:

Mr F.A tell me:
Why do you think Essien is better?
FOR ME lampard is better because:
1. He assist strikers 11 times to score
2. He score 21 goals which is usual of a midfielder
3. He featuerd in every match this season
4. He had no suspension
5. He scored great goals of which UEFA took one as best 10 goal in CL 2006( against Barca nou-camp)

Tell me yours.

Is Lamps a striker or a midfielder? Which one is he because anytime i hear people talk of how great he is the only they talk about are his goals. Is it enough for an attacking midfielder to merely hang around the box waiting for knock downs?
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Akolawole(m): 1:17am On Jun 13, 2007
@Davidylan

What is the role of attacking midfielder?

What makes Maradona?

Is Zidanne a Striker?
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 13, 2007
when we talk of lamps, the only thing you hear is "he was the highest scoring midfielder in the premiership". What else does he do? Zidane and Maradona were not known as high scoring midfielders but as midfield maestros whose touches controlled a game. Men who could swing a game by a moment of magic, men with vision who could control a ball, dictate passing and link defence to attack.

Lamps cant dribble, cant play a defence splitting pass, goes missing in games only to appear from no where to take a potluck shot. He is made to look good because of the talent at Chelsea and because strikers like Drogba can create a goalscoring chance from nothing. Put him in an average, no skill english side and he struggles to even take a single shot at goal. In a team with strikers largely dependent on midfield service, it is no wonder England's main goal chances come from set pieces.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Akolawole(m): 1:28am On Jun 13, 2007
@Davidylan

I am not a supporter of stupid touches that produces nothing.

The main job of attacking midfielder is to create chances for pointmen and score goals as well [ please dont use Fabregas as example for me].

Frank is not flashy but he does that and effectively too.

He may be overblown just like every single English players but he does the job at the bridge.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 13, 2007
I am not a fan of fancy flicks with no end product. Does Frank really have an end product? Minus the frequent knockdowns, scraps and deflections that come his way what does he contribute as a midfielder?
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Akolawole(m): 1:46am On Jun 13, 2007
davidylan:

1) I am not a fan of fancy flicks with no end product.

2) Does Frank really have an end product?

3) Minus the frequent knockdowns, scraps and deflections that come his way

1) You are my man then

I will use Utube to illustrate the rest sir

2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NAiST5TEpk&mode=related&search=

3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sywzIrSrQ-4&mode=related&search=
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by dinozzo(m): 2:15am On Jun 13, 2007
This is all shite, Gerrard is a more complete player than Lamps, we all know it. Its a fact.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Akolawole(m): 2:23am On Jun 13, 2007
There's no point in useless arguments.

I remembered what the thread Henry Vs RVN caused on Nairaland.

I hereby signed off completely on the thread and on anything Steven/Lamps issue.

Peace.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 13, 2007
Gerard the headless chicken? What does he actually do besides rush the ball towards the opponents goal hoping for a shot? No skill whatsoever.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 8:23am On Jun 13, 2007
I was so surprised when he scored that goal against Barca cuz he had failed to control the ball seconds earlier where he was in a beta position. Barca defenders were so surprised.

Anyway more from lamps including skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcW-GKoDQxM&mode=related&search=
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by tosinadeda: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2007
KAKA
SEEDORF
RONALDO
CECS FABREPASS
GIGGS, Etc
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Fadajasi(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2007
Ahan! Cristiano ronaldo is d midfldr of d yr,2nd=paul scholes,3rd=frank lampard,4th=cesc fabregaes,5th=steven gerrard
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2007
Fadajasi:

Ahan! Cristiano ronaldo is d midfldr of d yr,2nd=paul scholes,3rd=frank lampard,4th=cesc fabregaes,5th=steven gerrard

Where did you get that ratings from?
Hope it is not from COmplete Sport newspaper? grin
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by loyika(m): 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2007
The Topic is "Who is your Midfielder of the year!!" Not "Who is the ratings Midfielder of the year"

So if he feels "Mullins" is his Midfielder of the year, guess thats his choice, INNIT!!!

cool GOONER 89

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu / The UEFA Champions League Theme Lyrics -- English Translation / Funny Pictures Of Chelsea Players And Fans After Being Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.