Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? (4093 Views)

Sone Aluko - Should Be Our Attacking Midfielder In Brazil / Thompson Oliha Is Dead (Ex-Super Eagles Midfielder) / Best Midfielder In The Epl? Opta Stats From 2008/2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by hustler(m): 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2007
U nairalanders sef u never cease to amaze me , Now u have to make me come in here to rubbish English football again,

If only the originator had named the thread Premiership midfielder of the year(would have been more specific).

I'm looking at your picks for midfielder of the year and i am wondering what happened to the likes of Gattuso,David Silva,Diego,Ronaldinho,Messi,Deco,Seedorf,Ottl,Nani,Stankovic,Mancini the list of quality midfielders goes on.Or is that they are reserve goalkeepers in their teams?

But i am seeing names like Sidwell,Arteta, Who are these ppl in European football??

Please let us not limit ourselves to just English football but try to know what is happenin in world football.

Let us try to expand our view abeg and avoid all this unnecessary arguments bout Lampard vs Gerard.Two players that have not lived up to expectations when it mattered most.

What happened to Kaka vs Ronaldinho,Deco vs Silva,Aimar vs Guti

Better arguments not these car park arguments.

Just food for thought from Hustler the chef.

Digest it or flush it down the toilet.LOL
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2007
@ hustler
When you don't argue you don't learn. Beside it is another wah to have fun in as long as the arguement is done in a proper way.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2007
To avoid further arguement, i advice that you click on the link below to know the best midfielder of the year/season

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=teamOfTheSeason
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by 9ja4eva: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2007
As at: Tue 15 May 07 09:06

Name Index Score Overall Index Rank Team
1 cristiano ronaldo 617 2 Manchester United
2 frank lampard 572 5 Chelsea
3 mikel arteta 567 6 Everton
4 cesc fabregas 565 7 Arsenal
5 gareth barry 561 8 Aston Villa
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by larygee(m): 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2007
U're asking abt d best midfielder of YEAR,it's definitely KAKA!Up AC MILAN.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
Kaka is the best no doubt, but never you outwit Lampard in England
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by topeorekoy(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2007
dason4life:

but never you outwit Lampard in England

@dason4life ,

You SURE SAY You GO SCHOOL AT ALL? WHAT DOES THAT STATEMENT MEAN? OR You WERE TRYING TO SAY NEVER You LEAVE OUT LAMPARD IN ENGLAND
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by atams(m): 1:32am On Jun 19, 2007
Weda Lampardoo, Fabrigasoo, abi kiniko,
all those rating na bullshit.

If reality should play it's role, the best player of the year being a midfielder,
Is the best midfielder of the year.

Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite  (ESHI  KAKA)
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by atams(m): 1:40am On Jun 19, 2007
kaka, The blessing boy

Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Mustay(m): 2:24am On Jun 19, 2007
Kelechichukwuka Ewereibo of INVISIBLE FC of OWERRI!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by kitaun(m): 2:39am On Jun 19, 2007
In ur dreams!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Mustay(m): 3:04am On Jun 19, 2007
That's y we're invisible
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by PoDeep(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2007
Kaka(ac milan).
I'm serious.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by darez: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2007
Kaka is the best
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by RuuDie(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2007
Ok guys, i meant Premiership midfielder of The Year! strictly midfielders that play in the Premiership - not everybody watches La Liga, Serie A, Eredivisie, Championnat, Bundesliga etc.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by dinozzo(m): 11:43am On Jun 19, 2007
Cesc Fabregas
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by viee(f): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2007
Mustay:

Kelechichukwuka Ewereibo of INVISIBLE FC of OWERRI!

Lmaooooooooooo grin

RuuDie:

Ok guys, i meant Premiership midfielder of The Year! strictly midfielders that play in the Premiership - not everybody watches La Liga, Serie A, Eredivisie, Championnat, Bundesliga etc.

abi o before we go hear players from Nairaland league sef cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2007
I see Ronaldo as more of an attacker but well

Ronaldo is my midfielder of the year.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Mustay(m): 2:35am On Jun 20, 2007
Viee- yo crazy!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by atams(m): 3:05am On Jun 21, 2007
comming to the english league, gerald could be the best
but my best is cesc fabrigas
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by debosky(m): 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2007
Gilberto Silva
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by garydennes(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2007
Just a few points to make -

Statistics are useful but  more so if you are buying an electrical item. Sports and arts cannot simply be reduced to statistics. They can be a fun guide, but,

Imagine a fictional match between Ac Milan and Real Madrid. Beckham attempts 50 passes, and completes them all. His stats look fantastic - because they don't take into account that every single pass was made to the player next to him, just two feet away.

Kaka on the other hand only touches the ball a few times, and because the passes to him are poor, he gets dispossessed every time but one. That one time he produces a bit of magic and sets up a goal.

But the stats will show, incorrectly, that Beckham was by far the better player. So have fun with stats, but it's perhaps best not to use them as 'proof' in any debate.

About Lampard. He had an okay season in the Premiership, for him. Excellent by others standards. But he was generally poor in Europe, and has been appalling for England. He really shouldn't be in the team. Gerrard is a far more complete and adaptable player than Lampard, although he too had an average season, domestically.

Essien was outstanding this year. As was Ronaldo. Scholes (who finished behind Gerrard in the stats!) was perhaps my pick, purely because he's had to pick himself up this year after a bit of a decline.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2007
Stats were invented by the English who desperately needed a way to prove their own players too were "world class" despite their poor perfomances on the pitch.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by garydennes(m): 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2007
I'm not sure that 'stats' were invented by the English, I suspect you'd have to go back a few thousand years to one of several possible ancient civilisations for that.

In sport - you are posting from the US, a country that has used stats to an incredible degree in sport, and had done so for decades before anyone thought of transferring them to footy.

I personally noticed three waves introducing stats to football. Sky TV, when they took over coverage of the Premiership. They introduced four hour shows for a single game of 90 minutes - they had to fill the rest of the time with something! Newspapers got into Fantasy Football which saw another wave of stats hit the nation. And now the internet - there is always someone with too much time on his hands!

What makes you think the English introduced stats anyway? Any evidence or links you could point me to? And what time period are we talking about? The 60's saw England win the World Cup, and English teams (with mostly English, or at least British, players) utterly dominated Europe throughout the 70's and well into the 80's.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2007
did u really take my "english invented stats" statement that seriously? It was all a joke.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by garydennes(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2007
Well, people do say funny things sometimes! cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by slimnike(m): 7:24am On Jul 11, 2007
The best midfielder now is obviously KAKA.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by mekoyo(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2007
Michael Essien he was very instrumental tous this season. Whether he played in the right back or not he is a midfileder and he did wonderfully well.

Bravo Essien.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by mekoyo(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2007
Kaka is not a midfielder. But he is my player of the year.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by whitelexi(m): 9:09am On Jul 11, 2007
Cesc Fabregas. Absolutely and without a doubt, my midfielder of the season! A player who is young (19), full of energy, played 99% of all games, Carries the entire team, dictates the pace, and even scores goals. . . All in the most exciting style of play. Watch out for him this season smiley
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by topeorekoy(m): 10:20am On Jul 11, 2007
I AGREE with u on that. he is just too good to be 19.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by jayjaylux(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2007
I'm highly disappointed with dis pole, do u know Kaka aint there, nwayz mine in Riquelme wot a breakthrough season, sent away 4rm villareal 2 boca yet setting dat part of d world alight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lampard Vs Gerrard Vs Carrick Vs Fabregas Vs Mikel / 9japredict Scams, Beware Of 9japredict. My Story With 9japredict. / Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.