Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? (4081 Views)

Sone Aluko - Should Be Our Attacking Midfielder In Brazil / Thompson Oliha Is Dead (Ex-Super Eagles Midfielder) / Best Midfielder In The Epl? Opta Stats From 2008/2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by sunny4all(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2007
who is your midfielder of the year ?

* Cristiano Ronaldo ( Red Devil Fc )
* Michael Essien ( Blues Fc )
* Steve Gerrad ( Walk alone Fc )
* Cesc Fabregas ( Gunners FC )
* Mikel Arteta ( Toffees Fc )
* Ryan Giggs ( Red Devil Fc )
* Steve Sidwell ( Royals Fc bt now with Bluez Fc )
* Paul Scholes ( Red Devil Fc )
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by topeorekoy(m): 9:26am On Jun 12, 2007
mine own choice will be michael essien all the way. he was so instrumental in chelsea's season, though they didnt win the league. he played in almost all the positions and he did quite well. thats the kind of player i want in my team any day

Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2007
The list is not complete without Frank Lampard
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by sunny4all(m): 9:43am On Jun 12, 2007
who is frank lampard ?
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by RuuDie(m): 9:49am On Jun 12, 2007
4 me, it gotta be no other than PAUL A. SCHOLES ! he was awesome 4 UTD '06/07 season; very instrumental in their premieship success story  --- even Henry, Fabregas & Luis Garcia said "he's the player they admire most"
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2007
C him

Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2007
How come there are only premiership midfielders there?

Frank Lampard should be on that list, look at his goal tally and passes in Chelsea, you must be bringing in british sentiments here.

Anyway my midfielder of the year is Kaka, Would have chosen Essien but with due respect he did not play much of the midfield this season so he goes for my best right back.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 12, 2007
@ Somze

Don't mind him, I even doubt it if he has ever watched any of thr premiership match
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by topeorekoy(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2007
dason4life:

The list is not complete without Frank Lampard

WHO IS LAMPARD? THIS SEASON WASNT LAMPARD'S SEASON. HIS GAME WAS JUST AVERAGE NOT LIKE THE OTHER SEASONS
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2007
topeorekoy:

WHO IS LAMPARD? THIS SEASON WASNT LAMPARD'S SEASON. HIS GAME WAS JUST AVERAGE NOT LIKE THE OTHER SEASONS

You are asking who is Lampard after he scored 21 goals and became the second best midfielder in England? grin
Tell me the truth : Can you name up to 5 premiership players? grin
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 10:32am On Jun 12, 2007
dason4life:

You are asking who is Lampard after he scored 21 goals and became the second best midfielder in England? grin

Forget Tope, he hasn't been watching premiership games or else he would have noticed Gerrard had an average season by his standards and did nothing special. And if Gerrard can make that list I dont see why high scoring Lampard cant.

Anyway here's a link of mathematical statistics of the best players this season

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-58042.64.html#msg1187957

As you'll see Lampard came second to only Ronaldo, so even mathematics is on his side. Drop your case and put him up there.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 12, 2007
@ Somze

I rest my case then grin
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by topeorekoy(m): 11:29am On Jun 12, 2007
dason4life:

U KNOW WE DONT HAVE T.V AT HOME AND I DONT READ THE PAPERS SO WHY WILL I BE ABLE TO NAME 5 PLAYERS IN THE PREMISERSHIP
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by topeorekoy(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2007
somze:

Forget Tope, he hasn't been watching premiership games or else he would have noticed Gerrard had an average season by his standards and did nothing special. And if Gerrard can make that list I don't see why high scoring Lampard can't.

Anyway here's a link of mathematical statistics of the best players this season

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-58042.64.html#msg1187957

As you'll see Lampard came second to only Ronaldo, so even mathematics is on his side. Drop your case and put him up there.

FROM MY OWN STANDARD, LAMPARD DIDNT LIVE UP TO EXPECTATION. HIS PERFROMANCE WAS OVER-SHADOWED MY THE LIKES OF ESSIEN, DROGBA, TERRY.

AS FOR GERRARD, HE WAS MORE INFLUENTIAL IN LIVERPOOL THAN LAMPARD IN CHELSEA. IF LAMPARD WERE TO BE IN LIVERPOOL LIKE GERRARD, LIVERPOOL WILL FINISH HALF OF THE TABLE OR ON THE VERGE OF RELEGATION
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
topeorekoy:

FROM MY OWN STANDARD, LAMPARD DIDNT LIVE UP TO EXPECTATION. HIS PERFROMANCE WAS OVER-SHADOWED MY THE LIKES OF ESSIEN, DROGBA, TERRY.

AS FOR GERRARD, HE WAS MORE INFLUENTIAL IN LIVERPOOL THAN LAMPARD IN CHELSEA. IF LAMPARD WERE TO BE IN LIVERPOOL LIKE GERRARD, LIVERPOOL WILL FINISH HALF OF THE TABLE OR ON THE VERGE OF RELEGATION

I see, well i was looking at it more objectively - from statistics.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by kitaun(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2007
Frank who??!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by mukina2: 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2007
cool

my choice francesc Fabregas kiss
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by kitaun(m): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2007
Scholes outdid em all! Kaka was phenomenal tho!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by RuuDie(m): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2007
somze:

I see, well i was looking at it more objectively - from statistics.

Typical Somze,
so darn SHORT-SIGHTED, can't seem 2 see beyond figures !
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by kitaun(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2007
I repeat; Frank who?? Bollocks!!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ Kitaun

Frank Lampard
Check for his rating grin

1 cristiano ronaldo 617 2 Manchester United
2 frank lampard 572 5 Chelsea
3 mikel arteta 567 6 Everton
4 cesc fabregas 565 7 Arsenal
5 gareth barry 561 8 Aston Villa

Tell me where is Gerrard? NO 17 grin
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=actimTop100
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by topeorekoy(m): 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2007
@SOMEZ,
FROM UR POINT OF VIEW. DID LAMPARD LIVE UP TO THE BILLING THAT MADE HIM A CONTENDER FOR WORLD FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR 2 SEASON'S AGO? HE WASNT EVEN NOMINATED FOR THE PFA AWARD. HE JUST HAVE AN AVERAGE SEASON. THE FACT THAT HE SCORED 21 GOALS DOESNT SAY HE HAD A REAL GOOD SEASON. REMEMBER IN CHELSEA, HE IS GIVEN A FREE ROLE
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Hugoboi(m): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2007
1 cristiano ronaldo 617 2 Manchester United

Yea!! Thats my boi!!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by kitaun(m): 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2007
Tell me any English player better than Steve G and I will remind u that Drogba, Essien and even Terry were more influential as player_motivators than fat frank!
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ kITAUN

I won't doubt it if am told youv'e taken Paraga this afternoon. Can't you see the Current ratings? angry
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by topeorekoy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2007
dason4life:

@ kITAUN

I won't doubt it if am told youv'e taken Paraga this afternoon. Can't you see the Current ratings? angry

I CANT ACCEPT THIS AS A RATING. MICHAEL ESSIEN ON NUMBER 67 AND THIERY HENRY ON NUNBER 83. THS LIST IS WACK. DONT KNOW WHAT PARAMETER THEY USED BUT AM SURE THE JUDGES TOOK SOME WEED AND PARAGA WHEN COMPILING THE LIST
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by RuuDie(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ Kitaun,

no mind dason, me & him just drink PARAGA finish for waterside na im make am dey mis-yarn; u notice all im post since morning na PARAGA, PARAGA full inside ? move closer to your PC, you go smell am sef !

my man, dason ? we go dring anoda round for evening abi ?  grin
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by RuuDie(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2007
Haba ! dason was tope there when we was shacking the PARAGA ? i been no see am Oooh - shey u been see am ? grin
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2007
RuuDie:

Typical Somze,
so darn SHORT-SIGHTED, can't seem 2 see beyond figures !

Take it easy bros, due to my job i guess statistics says it all. Even normal people look at statistics when they want to take decisions like the car to buy, bank to save in, stocks to invest in etc. I watch the match I look at statistics, nothing wrong with that.

Now this is not about me or my personal view thats why i got the view from TIMES ONLINE. What is so short sighted about all this?

Like i said earlier, my best midfielder for this season is kaka but Frank deserves to be on that list put up by the poster and his goal tally and statistics proves that - no sentiments involved.

If you want to make meaningful contributions, bring up logical arguments or atleast those based on facts, dont attack me.

@tope
No he did not, but if anyone scores 21 goals and gives such amazing stats i dont care what he lives up to. Maybe thats why i like Van Nisterolyd - he scores, thats all we want. The FA can choose or decide want they want. Their team of the season was a disgrace. Carvalho and Essien is not there? Please! And Gerrard is there, how the hell? Even Soccernet disagrees with them on certain things but then again who doesnt? Remember McClown?

@kitaun
Even on your rating (premier league[b]) Lamps is the 5th best, Gerrard is 17th[/b], so how come Frank is not on that list
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by somze(f): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2007
Two independent ratings place Frank in a good position this season -

Times Online

Premier League

How you can oppose the obvious is beyond me.
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ RuuDie

Both of us shack "CHELSEA" abi no be so?  grin
Re: Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? by loyika(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2007
Leave all these Chelsea folks, I don't know anytime they hear Fat Frank's name, they start bowing down like Buddha Priest who have just heard the Name "BUDDHA" being shouted.

If all this was about better players like Essien i would be ok (has Essien scored that many goals, but i want to concur that he is more influencial than Lamps as a Motivator in midfield, like what Gerrard does for Liverpool)

So all you Chelsea folks POP QUIZ FOR YOU: Who do you prefer in your Midfield Lamps or Essien (don't give me that "they play different roles, cause who would have thought of Essien at Centre Back) If you had a choice of picking one and dropping one (i know who i would prefer and it ain't Harry Redknapp's nephew tongue)

BUDDHA PRIESTS we await your reply, Biscen cool or Fat Frank tongue

cool GOONER 89

Err!! Somze click on your own links and see if they open grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 26 Live Draws / Become A Registered Fan Of Any Club In Europe / Who Is The Richest Super Eagles Player?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.