Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Her Single Rape Story. By Funmi Akintade - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Her Single Rape Story. By Funmi Akintade (1126 Views)

My Rape Story / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Her Single Rape Story. By Funmi Akintade by swankmee(f): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2020
I should have fought back! But how? Pushing him away felt like pushing the wall in my blue-colored room. More tears fell from my eyes, cascading down to my neck. Uncle Tosan raped me again. Right there in my room, on my student sized mattress. This time he didn’t apologize. When I resisted, I got a slap and tasted blood in my mouth. I had even tried to fight back with my legs but they looked like plain adornment, utterly useless to me as they were unresponsive to my fights.

We had all thought that Uncle Tosan, my father’s younger brother was an angel when he offered to babysit me after I had an unfortunate accident that claimed the use of my legs in 2008. That year, the year I turned 16, I couldn’t write the final exams that should qualify me into the university because of the accident. But when uncle Tosan offered to stay home since he lived close, he babysat me each day until my mother came back from the market where she sold tomatoes. Since my father was late, I found solace in his brother, my uncle, and called him daddy instead of uncle. It all started the very season the corns in the field started to ripen for harvest and roadside sellers started to roast freshly harvested corn. Uncle Tosan had come as usual to keep me company. I was seated in the sitting room with him watching my favorite tv program when he suddenly started acting funny. He called me pretty and began touching my breast. I told him to stop, I wished for once my legs would lift me up and take me out of his sight but it didn’t happen. Uncle Tosan drew down my shorts and raped me. As if that wasn’t enough, he told me.

“I’m sorry Moji. It’s not my fault. You keep wearing short clothes that reveal your long fair legs.” His voice was hoarse and his eyes held satisfaction.

I slapped him and he beat the living daylight out of me. Afterwards, he threatened to kill me if I told my mum. Uncle Tosan raped me thrice after that day and finally, He stopped babysitting me because I told my mum not to call him over. I became scared of everyone around me and every man who wanted to be friends with me, I withdrew from them. I talked less and listened more. Though Uncle Tosan still came around, acting like nothing happened then he would leave. I became a shadow of myself, scared of every single movement in my room, and worst of all I had nightmares often.

Days turned into months and into years, my nightmares increased. But somehow I channeled my fears into writing and became a prominent news blogger. Uncle Tosan became a senator in the house of assembly but even then, my hatred for him grew. After much consideration, I decided to confide in my mother what he did to me. My mother didn’t believe me, she argued that I had lied against my father’s brother. Nevertheless, I spoke to a lawyer about it who urged me to make a video and sue him to court for rape and sexual assault. I had thought that the whole rape scandal would be easy on me but it turned worse when it got out. The police investigated but found no reason to charge him to court because he was a senator. Uncle Tosan made an interview and called me a liar who had tried to seduce him.

“How can a 16-year-old disabled girl seduce a full-grown man of 27 at that time?” I asked.

But no one answered, no one believed except my Instagram fans. Some ladies had called me an attention seeker, a gold digger, and a thief who wanted my uncle’s money. This plunged me further into depression and I became scared again. Scared that Uncle Tosan would hunt me down and slit my throat since I had let out the secret. But somehow, my depression was lifted off when I read from the news the following week that Uncle Tosan had been found dead on his bed naked, his throat slit with a kitchen knife. An investigation was conducted and his wife confessed to killing him. When she was asked, she said;

“He has been raping me for the past six years and I never got the courage to stand up to him until last night when he raped me through the anus.”

LET'S JOIN HANDS TO STOP THIS MENACE IN OUR SOCIETY!!!

from; www.theyouthblog.com
Re: Her Single Rape Story. By Funmi Akintade by swankmee(f): 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hhh
Re: Her Single Rape Story. By Funmi Akintade by culf: 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
Its so sad that rape incidence is increasing instead of decreasing. Rape is wickedness of the highest order. Why should one rape someone else when they're hundreds of people out there that will say yes to you.

#nice peace, I hope its fiction though!

(1) (Reply)

New Website to View African Stories / Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story (Video) / My Memoir (this Is The First Chapter, True Life Story, Read And Critisize)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.