Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central (23288 Views)

Mental Health: Doctor Ikenna Ihim Enlightens Americans On Anxiety / Dr Emeka Okorocha & Ikenna Ihim Tackle The Challenges Of Minorities In Medicine / Doctor Ikenna Ihim Gives Palliatives To Imo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by jimyjames(m): 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
timekeeper1:
afonja amaka... . gringringringrin

Igbo afonja... Dr. Ikenna Ihim Olawale... I knew it, he must have a yoruba blood in him to have achieved such greatness.. Yorubas & Igbos combine are destined for greatness..

We just need to work together... The south shud work together

Dad is from Enugu, mum is from Oyo... I know him too well, he is my neighbor here for lagos... In fact I still charge my phone for him room today...

We Nigerians celebrate our fellow Nigerian

Why are the northerners always absent in good things internationally??

If I were to be an hausa man, I would have sued the UN to court for marginalizing northerners from good news and achievements abroad gringrin

FTC is my birth right gringringrin

See them

If the opponent fire back now, they will start showing marginalization and victimization... See how he is quick to abuse other tribes...

Afonja shut up, or

Open your mouth and shout Igbo Amaka grin

We are always breaking records in the medical field in America.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by code5084: 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
[color=#] 1527476[/color]
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Noel19: 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
baby124:

Oga your hair is not fine like this. You have gone bald, respect yourself and do yourself a favor and shave it. You can not always hide under achievements to look like a clown. Your looks must match your achievement or it will take away from it. People will now refer to you as the guy with the small patch of balding hair who won an award. Teach your children to take advise and grow some balls, lose the hair.

They say by their fruit you shall know them. It's people like you that ends up in a sports bet shop or baba Ijebu pool counter all the rest of their life because instead of thinking of how to better your life and that your family all what you do is spend the little money you have in trying to impress the local girls in your vincity.

Continue gallivanting round your neighborhood in a bid to impress those street girls while your mates are making breakthroughs in their field of study.

Don't worry when time comes, your children will pose this question to you; "Daddy why is Mr. A very successful in life and you're jobless"? Then you'll remember this write up of mine.

Mugu!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by iReddington: 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Noel19:

Don't let bitterness and hate destroy you and if you must, don't pass it down to your children.

The only way you can make it in life is being happy with people's achievement by so doing progress will automatically and naturally start flowing into your life.
Sod off and direct your unsolicited counsel to your people at home, all these single minded motivational speakers cheesy
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Chinomonkey: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
timekeeper1:

Igbo afonja... Dr. Ikenna Ihim Olawale... I knew it, he must have a yoruba blood in him to have achieved such greatness.. Yorubas & Igbos combine are destined for greatness..

Dad is from Enugu, mum is from Oyo... I know him too well, he is my neighbor here for lagos... In fact I still charge my phone for him room today...

If I were to be an hausa man, I would have sued the UN to court for marginalizing northerners from good news and achievements abroad gringrin

See them

If the opponent fire back now, they will start showing marginalization and victimization... See how he is quick to abuse other tribes...

Even if the mom like, let her come from sambisa it doesn't matter...he's full blooded Igbo so park one side

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by DModeCntStopMe: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Kpokakpoka(m): 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Why are you guys acting like this?...
I dont think it's as much a big deal to publish your research works in bio medicine central o.....sooo many Nigerians based in Nigeria have published works in bio medical central, of which I happen to know a few personally.....most of which are professors and consultants in medicine.
It's a feat worth celebrating, but then its not as much of a big deal to make a headline.
Abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Minjim: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
BigJakie:
HIS NAME IS: I K E N N A

Thats all I have to say!!!

What do you have to say about racism?

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
senatordave1:
Without looking at the post or profile,I believe that hes from imo state.I still insist that the best Nigerian american doctor is Dr Bennett omalu from idemili south(either nnokwa or nnobi).
Cc fergie,udechi,juliusmalema

Oya as e come from your state so, how much dem pay you
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by ALABACONNECT(m): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Really nice wink
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by baby124: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
you think say na everybody bar head Dey fit?
As the hair look like fried thread on his head Na Im good abi?
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by senatordave1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

Oya as e come from your state so, how much dem pay you

I no be IBO
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by code7824: 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
[color=#] 468763[/color]
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by code7824: 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
senatordave1:

I no be IBO

So wetin make you cor dey find out the exact place e com from for your first post?
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Genset: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by senatordave1(m): 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

So wetin make you cor dey find out the exact place e com from for your first post?

Juliusmalema and his new doppleganger
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Juliusmalema and his new doppleganger

Na you sabi o, I dust my hand cumot from your mata
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Omoluabi16(m): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
This brother that is looking like a pop star or club DJ. Looks are deceiving. Congrats to him.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Most of what is happening abroad are being done by the southerner. Why aboki and Fulani and gambari are ruling them in the country....Nigeria is a funny country being ruled by Fulani mediocre
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Inda2020: 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
timekeeper1:

See them

With this type of fellow, Nigeria's future is seriously in
danger
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Inda2020: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
GloShare:
He is American.

Nigeria should stop claiming him.

He would have been murdered by SARS for looking like a Yahoo boy if he was still here.

What support did Nigeria give him that they now want to famz Nigerian American?
With this type of fellow, Nigeria's future is seriously in
danger
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Zubbykan007(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
2fine2fast:
Congratulations Dr Ihim.

However, Nairaland is supposed to be an educative platform like the likes of Reddit, Quora, etc. And I will continue to view it as such.
Thus, permit me to educate interested fellows and upcoming scientist in my own little way.
1. A search of the article on "google scholar", a search engine dedicated for academic publications showed that
the study was done in 2015. So can someone kindly tell me the media hype surrounding the publication 5 years
after?
2. The principal investigator of the research was Murad Bani Hani, being listed as the first author. Our compatriot is
the second author. In scientific research, and i would like to believe in all other types of researches, the main credit of
the work is given to the first author who most atimes carried out the main part of the study.
3. Furthermore, the journal in which the study was published " BMC Nursing" is a low-tier journal in the circle of serious
scientific publications. It has no real "Impact Factor" which is usually the Clarivate Analytics ranking of the impact of
journals. I for once would not consider publishing my work in such journals. In addition BMC journals are not well-indexed,
researches are considered to be valuable when they are placed in top-indexed, peer-reviewed journals published by Nature,
Elsevier, Springer, ACS , RSC, sometimes MDPI, and a few others I cannot recollect now.
4. In addition, the journal attracts a publication fee. This is a well-known trait of predatory journals which is considered an
ethical issue in academics. Why would i carry out a cutting edge research and still pay money to inform the scientific community
about it. Here in my faculty, all research published in paid journals raise concerns as it is believed they did not undergo rigorous
peer review which is the hallmark of scientific communication.

Like i said earlier, this post is only meant to educate and not to vilify. It is also meant for the perusal of upcoming scientist in Nigeria.
All through my study in NG, we never had this basic orientation. We came to better environment and realised that we knew close to
nothing of the real scientific world and had to handle around for a while before we got our footings. An article like this making the headline
and being celebrated on an important platform such as this underscores our knowledge as a country, which is a source of concern for
serious Nigerian researchers scattered around the world. Sometimes ago, it was some people celebrating the sequencing of the COVID-19
genome, by Ghana and Nigeria respectively, these are not scientific feats, they are mere routine laboratory tasks.

In all, lets top celebrating mediocrity as a people as it undermine the respect other nationals have for us. I use this opportunity to pay my respect
to indefatigable Nigerian Researchers doing their nation proud in various laboratories and research institutions scattered all over the world.
Thanks.

what's your point now?..... that doesn't mean he is not good, enemy of progress everywhere. .... las las na envy go kill una

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by abdul824: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
no new breakthrough was made, only a study comparing two processes, he's not the main author, not even published on Elsevier, nature, ACS, Springer or the likes. and some idiots are here celebrating. He deserves commendations, true but this is something a regular scientist should do on a normal day.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Instead of jointly commending this brilliant Nigerian, watch the tribal warriors come and display their stupidity
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by SIRTee15: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
How much this guy carry give Alexreports....
because I really don't understand what's worth celebrating here.....
A comparative non-interventional study about basic NG tube feeding....
It's even a paid publication.....
I don't get it....
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by GGirll: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
2fine2fast:
Congratulations Dr Ihim.

However, Nairaland is supposed to be an educative platform like the likes of Reddit, Quora, etc. And I will continue to view it as such.
Thus, permit me to educate interested fellows and upcoming scientist in my own little way.
1. A search of the article on "google scholar", a search engine dedicated for academic publications showed that
the study was done in 2015. So can someone kindly tell me the media hype surrounding the publication 5 years
after?
2. The principal investigator of the research was Murad Bani Hani, being listed as the first author. Our compatriot is
the second author. In scientific research, and i would like to believe in all other types of researches, the main credit of
the work is given to the first author who most atimes carried out the main part of the study.
3. Furthermore, the journal in which the study was published " BMC Nursing" is a low-tier journal in the circle of serious
scientific publications. It has no real "Impact Factor" which is usually the Clarivate Analytics ranking of the impact of
journals. I for once would not consider publishing my work in such journals. In addition BMC journals are not well-indexed,
researches are considered to be valuable when they are placed in top-indexed, peer-reviewed journals published by Nature,
Elsevier, Springer, ACS , RSC, sometimes MDPI, and a few others I cannot recollect now.
4. In addition, the journal attracts a publication fee. This is a well-known trait of predatory journals which is considered an
ethical issue in academics. Why would i carry out a cutting edge research and still pay money to inform the scientific community
about it. Here in my faculty, all research published in paid journals raise concerns as it is believed they did not undergo rigorous
peer review which is the hallmark of scientific communication.

Like i said earlier, this post is only meant to educate and not to vilify. It is also meant for the perusal of upcoming scientist in Nigeria.
All through my study in NG, we never had this basic orientation. We came to better environment and realised that we knew close to
nothing of the real scientific world and had to handle around for a while before we got our footings. An article like this making the headline
and being celebrated on an important platform such as this underscores our knowledge as a country, which is a source of concern for
serious Nigerian researchers scattered around the world. Sometimes ago, it was some people celebrating the sequencing of the COVID-19
genome, by Ghana and Nigeria respectively, these are not scientific feats, they are mere routine laboratory tasks.

In all, lets top celebrating mediocrity as a people as it undermine the respect other nationals have for us. I use this opportunity to pay my respect
to indefatigable Nigerian Researchers doing their nation proud in various laboratories and research institutions scattered all over the world.
Thanks.

You just said the truth here as a researcher you don't pay for a good research worthy of analytical thinking n all and d first author that is d corresponding author as d person that did most of the research work than others.....but all d same congratulations to Dr. Ihim et al...

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by BigJakie: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
Minjim:

What do you have to say about racism?

What could a black man in a black country say about racism?
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by sweetilicious(f): 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
I love this.Go outside and do something remarkable.The resources are available over there.You just need dedication
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by ZeroShenanigan(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
It's highly commendable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice / New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity / 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.