Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central (23289 Views)

Mental Health: Doctor Ikenna Ihim Enlightens Americans On Anxiety / Dr Emeka Okorocha & Ikenna Ihim Tackle The Challenges Of Minorities In Medicine / Doctor Ikenna Ihim Gives Palliatives To Imo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Pavillon: 1:27am On Jun 08, 2020
timekeeper1:
afonja amaka... . gringringringrin

Igbo afonja... Dr. Ikenna Ihim Olawale... I knew it, he must have a yoruba blood in him to have achieved such greatness.. Yorubas & Igbos combine are destined for greatness..

We just need to work together... The south shud work together

Dad is from Enugu, mum is from Oyo... I know him too well, he is my neighbor here for lagos... In fact I still charge my phone for him room today...

We Nigerians celebrate our fellow Nigerian

Why are the northerners always absent in good things internationally??

If I were to be an hausa man, I would have sued the UN to court for marginalizing northerners from good news and achievements abroad gringrin

FTC is my birth right gringringrin

See them

If the opponent fire back now, they will start showing marginalization and victimization... See how he is quick to abuse other tribes...

Dr Ikenna ihim Olawale Aminu Bala
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by DoctorATTA: 5:28am On Jun 08, 2020
Well let my Nigerian doctor self enlighten you abit.
Google this Gent’s work and you would see that it was conducted in THE Johns Hopkins University which is the best hospital in the world. That automatically sets it apart from average.
Furthermore Only a few references were made on Wikipedia’s nasogastric intubation site and his own was one of them for a reason.

I never said that it was simultaneously published. Go and read my English I said it was ported by those reputable research sites. They include NCBI, Johns Hopkins elsevier, research gate, the list goes on.

Lastly, nasogastric intubation is not a popular topic and is certainly not as popular as the topics of the publications of the other brilliant Nigerian professors that you just listed, so keying in on citation numbers is not a fair means to measure the scholastic nature of this publication.
How many topics are written regarding nasogastric intubation? Not much!!!

Why can’t you just be excited that your fellow country man is doing well as opposed to doing yahoo
Or is it simply a matter of envy??
Judging from your tone I cannot help but suspect the latter!!!
OOO by the way they use dollars in United States not pounds.
Luchitec:
What’s my point, you asked? Well, one of my problems is with the silly academic hypes that are routinely celebrated by “Doctors” like you in Nigeria. According to you, the same article by Dr. Ihim et al. was also published simultaneously by Elsevier, Springer, ACS, and RSC? It is Impossible.

It is quite apparent from your submission that you are very clueless when it comes to academic publications and relevant assessment metrics. It’s also amusing that you didn’t find it disheartening that after Dr. Ihim and his co-authors paid £1570.0 article processing charge (APC) for a paper in a journal with an Impact Factor of 1.22, there is only one reference to the published study in five years. For your information, the Impact Factor of some top-notch medical journals like the Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine ranges from the 50s to 70s. Dr. Ihim’s publication is not cited by his peers because it is at best rudimentary without much novelty.

Before you start pointing fingers at me, be rest assured that I am not a hater. Rather, unlike you, I detest propaganda. If we want to applaud, there are many Nigerian medical researchers that we should be celebrating their works (see the links below for the works of four Nigeria-based professors).

https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=S6_Se88AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=gP0NuQ8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=IzjUaJ0AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=Ozy87Y4AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Luchitec(m): 7:18am On Jun 08, 2020
This will be my last response to you because you seem to thrive in blissful ignorance. The fact that you are unaware that Wikipedia is not a valid reference speaks volumes. Doctor, anybody can create a Wikipedia Page! What the hell is "the article was ported by those reputable research sites"? By the way, I gave you the BMC Nursing article publishing charge (APC) in British Pounds because this journal is published in the United Kingdom grin shocked

Finally, you sound silly suggesting that I am envious of Dr. Ihim. Doctor, I do not have any reason to be envious of anybody. This is because the good Lord has been very kind to me, and I am deeply contented.

DoctorATTA:
Well let my Nigerian doctor self enlighten you abit.
Google this Gent’s work and you would see that it was conducted in THE Johns Hopkins University which is the best hospital in the world. That automatically sets it apart from average.
Furthermore Only a few references were made on Wikipedia’s nasogastric intubation site and his own was one of them for a reason.

I never said that it was simultaneously published. Go and read my English I said it was ported by those reputable research sites. They include NCBI, Johns Hopkins elsevier, research gate, the list goes on.

Lastly, nasogastric intubation is not a popular topic and is certainly not as popular as the topics of the publications of the other brilliant Nigerian professors that you just listed, so keying in on citation numbers is not a fair means to measure the scholastic nature of this publication.
How many topics are written regarding nasogastric intubation? Not much!!!

Why can’t you just be excited that your fellow country man is doing well as opposed to doing yahoo
Or is it simply a matter of envy??
Judging from your tone I cannot help but suspect the latter!!!
OOO by the way they use dollars in United States not pounds.
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by DoctorATTA: 7:51am On Jun 08, 2020
Luchitec:
This will be my last response to you because you seem to thrive in blissful ignorance. The fact that you are unaware that Wikipedia is not a valid reference speaks volumes. Doctor, anybody can create a Wikipedia Page! What the hell is "the article was ported by those reputable research sites"? By the way, I gave you the BMC Nursing article publishing charge (APC) in British Pounds because this journal is published in the United Kingdom grin shocked

Finally, you sound silly suggesting that I am envious of Dr. Ihim. Doctor, I do not have any reason to be envious of anybody. This is because the good Lord has been very kind to me, and I am deeply contented.

If you do not comprehend what it means for big academic institutions to portal articles in order to make them accessible to their medical students and other HCP and faculty, then you clearly hold no credibility or authoritative value when discoursing matters of academic research.

Bringing the good lord into a debate doesn’t mean you are correct and if you do proper investigation you would know that BMC accepts both pounds and dollars and if an American based institution like Johns Hopkins is paying, then it would be in dollars so get your facts straight.

Also the institutions like Johns Hopkins handle all monetary matters That they sponsor, so dr ihim and his research co authors must not have paid for the publication in reality.
You are clueless and assumptive in your statements and that reveals personal resentment.
What are you upset about?

I ask again.. are you sure you are not just being envious and blabbing words that are yet incorrect??

Please spare us the excuses, you are no longer able to respond because u are clearly dumbfounded with facts thrown your way that you didn’t see coming.

Go and repent and stop speaking Ill on notable accomplishments just because you cannot do the same.
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Chinor1: 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Congratulations to Dr Ikennaon your achievements. It is a welcome development for a Nigerian American based doctors to make an impact in his line of duty and share it with the rest of the world. It should be our joy to welcome him especially because he is Nigerian and has shown interest in contributing to the development of his country.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Chinor1: 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
Congratulations to Dr Ikenna on your achievements. It is a welcome development for a Nigerian American based doctors to make an impact in his line of duty and share it with the rest of the world. It should be our joy to welcome him especially because he is Nigerian and has shown interest in contributing to the development of his country.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Luchitec(m): 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chai, the fact that a “doctor” can come up with this level of drivel beggars’ belief. Nonetheless, I decided to respond to you one more time because you sure don’t know shit about what you are yapping about.

I repeat, what the hell is “big academic institutions to portal articles”? Doctor, university libraries in developed countries subscribe to journals for the university community every year. Once, you are a registered student or a faculty member, your access to these journals is automatic. Although, academic network sites like the ResearchGate et al you previously mentioned share articles freely, but that does not confer any validation whatsoever to the articles shared via these platforms. Doctor, you can upload and share whatever crap you want on the ResearchGate, etc.

According to you, “Also the institutions like Johns Hopkins handle all monetary matters That they sponsor, so dr ihim and his research co authors must not have paid for the publication in reality.” Doctor, that’s not how it works. Payment of the APC is the decision/responsibility of the Research Center/Group in the institution where the study was undertaken. In fact, it is usually the responsibility of the Principal Investigator who secured the fund for the study to decide whether an APC should be paid or not. Your argument that “American based institutions like Johns Hopkins is paying, then it would be in dollars” is non sequitur. Common sense should tell you that the authors paid the USD equivalent of the £1570.0 APC. That is, USD 2170.0 according to the journal.

Why are you upset, you asked? I am upset that people like you, who go round shouting I am a “doctor” at every given instance are lowering the academic achievement bar, thereby promoting mediocrity in the Nigerian academic institutions. Dr. Ihim you are here chest-beating for is not even the main author in the article. Doctor, stay away from propaganda and unnecessary hype.

Your comment that I should “Go and repent and stop speaking Ill on notable accomplishments just because you cannot do the same” is very laughable. Doctor, in my research area, my peers know me. Let’s leave it at that.

DoctorATTA:

If you do not comprehend what it means for big academic institutions to portal articles in order to make them accessible to their medical students and other HCP and faculty, then you clearly hold no credibility or authoritative value when discoursing matters of academic research.

Bringing the good lord into a debate doesn’t mean you are correct and if you do proper investigation you would know that BMC accepts both pounds and dollars and if an American based institution like Johns Hopkins is paying, then it would be in dollars so get your facts straight.

Also the institutions like Johns Hopkins handle all monetary matters That they sponsor, so dr ihim and his research co authors must not have paid for the publication in reality.
You are clueless and assumptive in your statements and that reveals personal resentment.
What are you upset about?

I ask again.. are you sure you are not just being envious and blabbing words that are yet incorrect??

Please spare us the excuses, you are no longer able to respond because u are clearly dumbfounded with facts thrown your way that you didn’t see coming.

Go and repent and stop speaking Ill on notable accomplishments just because you cannot do the same.
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by DoctorATTA: 1:15am On Jun 09, 2020
Luchitec:
Chai, the fact that a “doctor” can come up with this level of drivel beggars’ belief.

I thought you were not going to respond anymore??

Tells me how desperate you are to prove relevance.

It pains you that someone other than yourself is doing well.

Typical villager mentality.

The man has done something in a reputable university JOHNS HOPKINS.

A university that only works with the cream de la crop.

A university that u no fit set foot inside.

Do you even know the full details about why he isn’t the first author? Is it everyone that can be first author in the same research?

Why take away from our countryman’s contribution?

You are here yapping and eating groundnut and gossiping about others instead of doing your own or supporting them.

Just like the other person said earlier

How ever Little or not YOU think it is, you should still be proud that we are doing things globally.

I suspect personal resentment FULLSTOP.

Go and do your own contribution in medicine and stop talking nonesense to down play others just because they no Dey here with you.

JEALOUSSY TO THE FULLEST
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Nnamdiasamuah: 1:22am On Jun 09, 2020
DoctorATTA:

Do you even know the full details about why he isn’t the first author? Is it everyone that can be first author in the same research?

You are here yapping and eating groundnut and gossiping about others instead of doing your own or supporting them.

How ever Little or not YOU think it is, you should still be proud that we are doing things globally.

Go and do your own contribution in medicine and stop talking nonesense to down play others just because they no Dey here with you.

JEALOUSSY TO THE FULLEST
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Nnamdiasamuah: 1:28am On Jun 09, 2020
I agree let us band together and celebrate our accomplishments everywhere we go.
One love.
Who cares what tribe he is.
I googled him he is even on bill Gates platform against COVID19.
Anyone that is not proud of a doctor representing us well abroad is not someone to take seriously.

Congratulations to dr ihim and to all the foreign based people representing us positively
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Luchitec(m): 4:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Doctor, you are such a terrible mediocre. For sure, the Johns Hopkins University hires only the crème de la crème. However, going by your writing/train of thought as displayed here; you, my dear man is definitely not a cream of the crop material anywhere intellectual acuity is a sine qua non. That’s ostensibly why you are so ecstatic about a five years old article that is yet to make any discernible impact in the medical field.

Doctor, my responses to you are opportunities for further exposition of your pigheadedness. By the way, my accomplishment is neither the subject of discourse here nor your business. Only a clown with an unbelievable low self-esteem will go around a public forum trying to impress strangers with his so-called professional title or be posting with alternate monikers that were registered between yesterday and today. Nonetheless, be rest assured that in whatever I do, mediocracy is an absolute anathema. Finally, I do not envy or resent Dr. Ihim. I am simply calling a spade a spade. Nothing more, nothing less.

DoctorATTA:

JEALOUSSY TO THE FULLEST
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Chinor1: 5:21am On Jun 09, 2020
As many platforms as possible, it is good to celebrate our own and recognize their achievements . Dr. Ikenna's achievements are highly educative. More power to your elbow Dr. Ikenna we wish to see more of your good works as we pray and hope to have an enabling environment back in Nigeria to aid you contribute to the development of the Health sector and other wise.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by DoctorATTA: 5:58am On Jun 09, 2020
“ you, my dear man is definitely not a cream of the crop material “
CHAAAIIIIIIII

You Cannot even speak proper English. ( it is you my friend are not a cream of the crop material).

jealousy brings out the worst in people Oooo down to bad grammar .

I am not even calling my self cream de la crop and I have no research to boast off I have nothing to brag about however I can appreciate others why can’t you??

Atleast you can spell mediocre. It is the only thing you know how to say right.

To make it short and simple, I don’t need my medical degree to tell that you are a lousy doctor with no empathy or kindness to your patients.

Eventually you will tell me what is biting you that you cannot celebrate others achievements.
Envy, jealousy and resentment is all you display here from A to Z

CONGRATULATIONS DR IHIM
LET IT PAIN YOUUUUUUUU THERE

Luchitec:
Doctor, you are such a terrible mediocre. For sure, the Johns Hopkins University hires only the crème de la crème. However, going by your writing/train of thought as displayed here; you, my dear man is definitely not a cream of the crop material anywhere intellectual acuity is a sine qua non. That’s ostensibly why you are so ecstatic about a five years old article that is yet to make any discernible impact in the medical field.

Doctor, my responses to you are opportunities for further exposition of your pigheadedness. By the way, my accomplishment is neither the subject of discourse here nor your business. Only a clown with an unbelievable low self-esteem will go around a public forum trying to impress strangers with his so-called professional title or be posting with alternate monikers that were registered between yesterday and today. Nonetheless, be rest assured that in whatever I do, mediocracy is an absolute anathema. Finally, I do not envy or resent Dr. Ihim. I am simply calling a spade a spade. Nothing more, nothing less.

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by dammyhtviberer: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by Luchitec(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Doctor Clown, who told you that I am a medic? I don’t have to be one to call you out. Please, reading your write-ups here can give one migraine grin shocked. So, stop this your shitty talk about grammar usage. Doctor, what the hell is “cream de la crop”? Although, I subtly corrected your poor syntax in my last response, you seemed too slow-witted to have noticed.

DoctorATTA:
“ you, my dear man is definitely not a cream of the crop material “
CHAAAIIIIIIII

You Cannot even speak proper English. ( it is you my friend are not a cream of the crop material).

jealousy brings out the worst in people Oooo down to bad grammar .

I am not even calling my self cream de la crop and I have no research to boast off I have nothing to brag about however I can appreciate others why can’t you??

Atleast you can spell mediocre. It is the only thing you know how to say right.

To make it short and simple, I don’t need my medical degree to tell that you are a lousy doctor with no empathy or kindness to your patients.

Eventually you will tell me what is biting you that you cannot celebrate others achievements.
Envy, jealousy and resentment is all you display here from A to Z

CONGRATULATIONS DR IHIM
LET IT PAIN YOUUUUUUUU THERE

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by DoctorATTA: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
Why thank you for correcting me.

Evidently your job is to be online 24/7, battling and autocorrecting strangers to prove that you are witty, so perhaps you should consider working as a SIRI device!!!!!!

You would do just GREATT!!!!!

Luchitec:
Doctor Clown, who told you that I am a medic? I don’t have to be one to call you out. Please, reading your write-ups here can give one migraine grin shocked. So, stop this your shitty talk about grammar usage. Doctor, what the hell is “cream de la crop”? Although, I subtly corrected your poor syntax in my last response, you seemed too slow-witted to have noticed.

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by tony5(m): 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
kroger:
Name checkers are on their way cheesy

Very impressive..
well done sir, can I Pm you?
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by kroger: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
tony5:
well done sir, can I Pm you?

Yes sure sir.
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by tony5(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
kroger:

Yes sure sir.
I have done that sir
Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by DoctorATTA: 6:32am On Aug 01, 2020
To all you anti igbos that say he is not the first author

Re: Doctor Ikenna Ihim's Work Published By Bio Medical Central by IvarTheBoneless: 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
LOL.... I am surprised you didn't quickly see that the DOCTORatta is probably a troll and Dr wannabe.

Not a particularly bright one from all his posts grin

Luchitec:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice / New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity / 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.