Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! (6125 Views)

These Are Best Battery Life Phones Ever / This Has To Be The Ugliest Camera Bump In Smartphone History! / The Top 10 World’s Most Expensive Phones Ever Created (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by bmdmixer: 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Phone makers took a lot of design risks back in the day to make their phones stand out from the crowd. A lot of them failed miserably, producing handsets that are ugly beyond belief.

Some didn’t look like phones at all, resembling things like powder cases and AC remote controls — check them out for yourself below.

Siemens Xelibri 6
This ugly thing was announced in 2003 and targeted at women. It looks like a powder case and sports two mirrors for adjusting your makeup while on the go. The keys were weirdly arranged on the sides — making texting a pain — and the screen was way to small. It was available in two colors: sheer bronze (brown and silver) and platinum blush (pink and silver).

13 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by bmdmixer: 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
Motorola StarTac Rainbow

The Motorola StarTac Rainbow looks like something you’d get for free in a cereal box. It has a toy-like design featuring way too many lively colors and an uneven surface up front that’s horrible to look at.

The ugliness is toned down a bit when you flip open the device, but not by much. The combination of yellow and dark green is far from fabulous and gives the device a very cheap look.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by bmdmixer: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Toshiba G450

This looks more an air conditioner remote control than a phone.

The design incorporated three circles — the top one housed a screen and the bottom two featured number pads.

Not only does this make the Toshiba G450 ugly, it also makes it extremely hard to use. Just imagine how difficult texting on this device would be.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by bmdmixer: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
F88 wrist phone

Are words even necessary? I mean, just look at this thing. It’s ugly as hell. It’s a phone you wear on your wrist, with a number pad integrated into the strap and a display that sticks out from the side.

There’s also an antenna on top that adds to the overall ugliness of the phone. CEC Corp initially made it exclusively for one of the most famous Chinese ping-pong players, but later started selling it to everyday consumers as well

plz complete article here

10 ugliest phones ever made

http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=1556

auto mod keeps blocking n release me again while uploading nah wow o

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Officialgarri: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
The problem with these phones to kids is how difficult it would be to play games on it. Indeed, it was ugly

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by DONFRANSKID(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nice one op
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Chai technology sha

1 Like

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by skyhighweb(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2020

house10
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by bmdmixer: 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
plz complete article here

http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=1556

house10

auto mod just blocked me release me again why uploading nah wow o
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by illicit(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
I like the F88 wrist phone though....
Very handy

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Luizkid(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
They were not really ugly given the technology at that time. Remembered how Blackberry was beautiful back then, I bet if you look at it now you'll tell how it looked like scientific calculator and term it ugly. Time changes a lot of things.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by skyhighweb(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Officialgarri:
The problem with these phones to kids is how difficult it would be to play games on it. Indeed, it was ugly
as in ehh blisters
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by MJBOLT: 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
that F88 wrist phone looks like the one they wear in power rangers grin

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by JubrinElSudan: 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
Talking about Xelibri. This was a Xelibri phone my dad got for my sister that year. grin
I had to Google and get the picture

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Yemike(m): 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Siemens xelibri isn't ugly.
How can you call that beautiful work of art ugly? It's just a failed innovation cool

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by skyhighweb(m): 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Talking about Xelibri. This was a Xelibri phone my dad got for my sister that year. grin
lol its number one on the top ten list self

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Norman4real(m): 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Lol, look at that shape! I'm sure she used it for more than just making calls. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Norman4real(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
I actually kinda like that Motorola with the bright colours. It would definitely turn a few heads if I pulled it out in public. grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by FlordFlorez(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
Norman4real:
I actually kinda like that Motorola with the bright colours. It would definitely turn a few heads if I pulled it out in public. grin
Seconded. Its so beautiful.
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
bmdmixer:
Phone makers took a lot of design risks back in the day to make their phones stand out from the crowd. A lot of them failed miserably, producing handsets that are ugly beyond belief.

Some didn’t look like phones at all, resembling things like powder cases and AC remote controls — check them out for yourself below.

Siemens Xelibri 6
This ugly thing was announced in 2003 and targeted at women. It looks like a powder case and sports two mirrors for adjusting your makeup while on the go. The keys were weirdly arranged on the sides — making texting a pain — and the screen was way to small. It was available in two colors: sheer bronze (brown and silver) and platinum blush (pink and silver).

grin this reminds me of the list of ugliest cars that I read on [url=wikiafripedia.org]Wikiafripedia[/url].

I got cracked. smiley
Learn more

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by ekwerendi(m): 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Non of these phones is ugly... They are very unique....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by LordOfTheWeed: 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
Norman4real:
Lol, look at that shape! I'm sure she used it for more than just making calls. grin grin
Most underrated comment on this thread grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Blacknote: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by X0012(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
Put Sony Ericsson T10
And that big remote like Nokia with big antenna on top left of the phone...
Put them on the list mehn
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by sunshineV(f): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
they will look cool in 2020 with updated hardware and software
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by elpochas: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
None of those phones were ugly back then,it was just the era and trend.i belive those stuff were expensive back then.i bet u op that 20yrs from now most big phones in our eyes now will be seen as ugly phone then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by abumeinben(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Where can I get one of these abeg
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by bmdmixer: 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
abumeinben:
Where can I get one of these abeg
mostly dont exist but try ebay
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by dyfaze: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
I need to buy 1 for junior.. He will definitely like all these advanced toys
Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nah... I don't think they are ugly...

All I can see are unique designs. That's all.

Something out of the ordinary.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ugliest Phones Ever Made — Brace Yourselves, People! by fartfact(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
dammnn nigarrr when will it be alright? I don't know
I don't think there is any phone as ugly as the one am using to type now

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etisalat Has Gone Hay Wire / I Got My Infinix Note 10 Pro With Easy Buy / Infinix ZERO 2 Android 5.1 Lollipop Official - Screenshots And How To Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.