Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,416 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! (1333 Views)

Adamawa Is Sinking, Save Us, Apc Chieftain Tells Buhari / Nigeria_bound ISIS Chief Coming On Invitation. Daily Trust / Adamawa Is Nigeria's Least Developed State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by donan(m): 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2007
Hey guys, Atiku Abubakar (Turakin Adamawa)  the former vp and the presidential aspirant of AC is coming back on thursday. And there are speculations that he might be arrested. what is your opinion about it? Dont you think it will be good to leave him alone?

As for me i will suggest that they leave him alone.
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by debosky(m): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2007
Arrested on what charges? Unless the case is clearly spelt out, no one should touch Atiku.
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by vigasimple(m): 12:24am On Jun 12, 2007
Whether or not they arrest Atiku will depend on any evidence the police or EFCC has against him.

Now that he doesn't have immunity anymore he can be arrested like any other citizen that has committed offence if there is such evidence to that effect.

One thing is clear OBJ has proved Atiku wrong by handing over power(albeit maybe because of ATIKU and co pressure!)

Atiku is in my opinion is taking off from America before the authority there start to chase him to explain his connection with Jeffreson, the congressman charge with bribery last week

I personally don't think he would be arrested if when he return to Nigeria. Not for want of evidence but for 3 things in particular.

1. He would have got a green light signal or assurances from Yar Adua or their mother(yar Adua's mum) that they should let the sleeping dog lie

2.Yar Adua is still trying to consolidate his government but will not want anything that we start to test it from the North

3.If he is arrested and put on trial Atiku can rock pDP boat and start to name names.

Since the FBi may be interested in him at some near future the EFCC we rather let somebody do their dirty job for them. But Atiku knew that Nigeria and America(if i am correct) don't have extradition treaty so it is in Atiku interest to come to Nigeria and keep his head down, that is the end.

I hope Atiku has no skeleton and can clear himself but who is going to arrest him nor try him, afterall people like IBB 'got away' with their 'sin(s)'

Let us find a way to get reconcillation if all the politician's who has any of our monies can return them.

May God be with Nigeria and continue to bless her and her people.
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by angel101(f): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2007
Has he really returned?
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by abiodunade(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2007
vigasimple:

Whether or not they arrest Atiku will depend on any evidence the police or EFCC has against him.

Now that he doesn't have immunity anymore he can be arrested like any other citizen that has committed offence if there is such evidence to that effect.

One thing is clear OBJ has proved Atiku wrong by handing over power(albeit maybe because of ATIKU and co pressure!)

Atiku is in my opinion is taking off from America before the authority there start to chase him to explain his connection with Jeffreson, the congressman charge with bribery last week

I personally don't think he would be arrested if when he return to Nigeria. Not for want of evidence but for 3 things in particular.

1. He would have got a green light signal or assurances from Yar Adua or their mother(yar Adua's mum) that they should let the sleeping dog lie

2.Yar Adua is still trying to consolidate his government but will not want anything that we start to test it from the North

3.If he is arrested and put on trial Atiku can rock pDP boat and start to name names.

Since the FBi may be interested in him at some near future the EFCC we rather let somebody do their dirty job for them. But Atiku knew that Nigeria and America(if i am correct) don't have extradition treaty so it is in Atiku interest to come to Nigeria and keep his head down, that is the end.

I hope Atiku has no skeleton and can clear himself but who is going to arrest him nor try him, afterall people like IBB 'got away' with their 'sin(s)'

Let us find a way to get reconcillation if all the politician's who has any of our monies can return them.

May God be with Nigeria and continue to bless her and her people.
We all known dat all our past leaders are nt clean, bt one thin u can nt take 4rm dis man call Atiku is dat he has gut and very courageous, he has exhibited dat while n office and now dat he is nt enjoyin immunity let d effc take him up if they ve a genuine case against him. Atiku has gut and because of his gut and courage, d federal government might leave him alone.
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by smile4kenn(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2007
Atiku cant be arrested. he is the best thing Nigeria ever had. he is the only man that can take Nigeria to the promise land. Atiku for life,
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by olutomiwa(m): 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2007
smile4kenn:

Atiku can't be arrested. he is the best thing Nigeria ever had. he is the only man that can take Nigeria to the promise land. Atiku for life,
you mean[b] ATHIEFU [/b] Abubakar is good 4 nigeria?i DONT THINK SO
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by Mariory(m): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2007
abiodunade:

Atiku has gut and because of his gut and courage, d federal government might leave him alone.

smile4kenn:

Atiku can't be arrested. he is the best thing Nigeria ever had. he is the only man that can take Nigeria to the promise land. Atiku for life,

Laughing My Ass Off. Atiku will soon go to his final home. Don't worry he will have plenty of friends to service there. He shouldn't be bored.
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by donan(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2007
Uptill now he is still a free man. I dont think he will be arrested again
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by Mamajama(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2007
People seems to forget HAUSA people stick together. Nothing will happen to all this people. Watch and see
Re: Turakin Adamawa Is Coming On Thursday! by babasin(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2007
Atiku is in the country, giving interviews etc

Who is going to arrest him? on what charges?

grin grin grin

even OBJ with his 'garagara' failed woefully. Atiku even contested against OBJ wishes!

Thats a man of all seasons
cool

(1) (Reply)

Orkar Coup: How We Survived / The Effects Of Farouk Abdul (the Nigerian Terrorist) Action On Nigeria / Let Us Support Seun And Kosovo In These Troubling Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.