Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values (753 Views)

APC Losing Democratic Values, Must Do Away With Money Politics - Lukman / Obaseki: Election Losers Exploiting Herders/Farmers Crisis In Edo / NBA Condems Kogi Election, Calls It A Dent To Nigeria's Democratic Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by Gee64: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
Obaseki: Edo Election Will Shape Nigeria’s Democracy.

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, saturday stated that the 2020 governorship election in the state would reshape the nation’s democracy.

The governor spoke during a ‘Thank You Tour’ to principal officers and ward leaders in Oredo Local Government Area (LGA) of Edo State, noting that he won his ward contrary to statements credited to his opponents.

Obaseki urged the Edo people to be wary of the antics of those spreading rumours in the run-up to the elections scheduled for September this year.

Obaseki also described as laughable, rumours doing the rounds that he lost his ward in the last general election, saying those who make up such stories forget that election results are documented.

The governor, yesterday, denied allegations that he forged certificate of University of Ibadan, stating that he was not like those that burn buildings to cover up their certificate scandals, more so that no one could forge a certificate issued by the University of Ibadan, a foremost citadel of learning.

His words: “When people come out to lie that I didn’t win my ward during the last election, they forget that election results are documented. They say I forged my certificate. How can you forge the certificate of the University of Ibadan? I am not like those that burn buildings to cover up their certificate issues.”

The governor however noted that the forthcoming governorship election in the state would be a watershed moment in Nigeria’s nascent democracy, adding that the polls would change the face of Nigeria’s elections and strengthen her democracy.

Speaking on why he visited the area, Obaseki said, “I am just going round to say thank you to my people for their support so far. I am assuring them that I will continue my good work in the state.

“We have been practising democracy for 21 years now. We cannot continue to behave the same way. This time, we will change the narrative. This will be a government of the people by the people and for the people. It will not be a government of the people by a few people.”

The APC leaders in Oredo, comprising Hon. Austin Eweka of ward one; Martins Osakue of ward two; Charles Atiemwen of ward three; Oteghe Adams of ward four; Taiye Omoregie of ward six as well as other leaders and principal officers of the party in the local council, pledged their loyalty and continuous support for the governor based on his track record of success achieved in the last three and a half years.

Also, during the visit, the APC leader, Oredo ward four, Adams, presented the result of the 2019 general election, displaying the tallies for House of Representatives, Senatorial and Presidential elections, where it was clearly shown that the governor won his ward convincingly.

Obaseki was accompanied on the visit by his Chief of Staff, Mr Osaze Uzamere; Special Adviser on Political and Community Matters, Chief Osaro Idah; Special Adviser on Politics, (Edo South), Hon. Osaigbovo Iyoha, and APC Chairman in Oredo LGA, Mr. Godwin Alabi, among others.
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by Finnese001: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
okay
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by chatinent: 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nothing will change, only that some gullible ones in grassroots politics will be killed.
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by Enwhen(m): 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Make una no waste the lives of Innocent people in it ....if Oshobaba lose this one,
.....he is politically buried.
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by seanfer(m): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
This Obaseki is just trying to stay afloat. PDP won his LGA during the 2019 election.
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by adekolaelect(m): 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Obaseki you had better to mention and publicise your achievement than sweet wording on the podium bcs those people you seen promised their loyalty for you are fair weather friends .politic is more that to defend all those mere allegations let your performance speak for you.
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by Great2017: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
adekolaelect:
Obaseki you had better to mention and publicise your achievement than sweet wording on the podium bcs those people you seen promised their loyalty for you are fair weather friends .politic is more that to defend all those mere allegations let your performance speak for you.
What are you really saying?
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by DLondonboiy: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
seanfer:
This Obaseki is just trying to stay afloat. PDP won his LGA during the 2019 election.

What do you know about Edo state. Obaseki won his ward. Obaseki is a futuristic governor and every right thinking intelligent human being supports obaseki. Only touts and rogues support thieves.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by moderatedguy: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
seanfer:
Pls can you paste d result here for us to see
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by moderatedguy: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
adekolaelect:
The rantings of a Zombie.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by seanfer(m): 5:00am On Jun 08, 2020
DLondonboiy:

What do you know about Edo state. Obaseki won his ward. Obaseki is a futuristic governor and every right thinking intelligent human being supports obaseki. Only touts and rogues support thieves.

And you that is so intelligent don’t know the difference between ward and LGA?

Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by seanfer(m): 5:05am On Jun 08, 2020
moderatedguy:
Pls can you paste d result here for us to see

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/anger-in-edo-apc-against-obaseki-over-election-outcome/amp/

Here is the link and also a screen shot Incase you can’t read the whole article. Can he survive?

Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by DLondonboiy: 6:34am On Jun 08, 2020
seanfer:

And you that is so intelligent don’t know the difference between ward and LGA?

Obaseki mentioned ward, you twisted it to Local govt, so I helped you change it back to ward.
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by seanfer(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2020
DLondonboiy:

Obaseki mentioned ward, you twisted it to Local govt, so I helped you change it back to ward.

You should be able to understand my point. If a Sitting Governor who is going for 2nd term can’t win his LGA for his party in a general election, but is here claiming victory in his ward. Does that mean only his ward will make him win the election in the state?
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by moderatedguy: 7:57am On Jun 08, 2020
seanfer:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/anger-in-edo-apc-against-obaseki-over-election-outcome/amp/

Here is the link and also a screen shot Incase you can’t read the whole article. Can he survive?
My friend you didn't even read wot you pasted.From d vanguard write-up it was stated that the Obaseki won his senatorial zone.so what re u saying.Confused Yoruba Muslim
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by Trumpcard05: 7:58am On Jun 08, 2020
seanfer:

You should be able to understand my point. If a Sitting Governor who is going for 2nd term can’t win his LGA for his party in a general election, but is here claiming victory in his ward. Does that mean only his ward will make him win the election in the state?

You people first said ward, now that your lies have been found out, u people are now saying local government. Na wa o!!

@Seanfer u Paid online troll, u’ve become especially notorious for appearing in every Edo state election thread 24/7 trying to sell your falsehoods/lies against Governor Obaseki. It makes me laugh & Pity u when Edo indigenes on ground continue to correct & expose u with facts which u most times ‘ve no answer to & u again try to twist the facts. Take this message to ur paymasters: tell them it is not working out for u & stop collecting their money.
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by DLondonboiy: 10:13am On Jun 08, 2020
seanfer:

Obaseki would win second term. Mark it anywhere.
Re: Obaseki: Election In Edo State Would Change Nigeria Democratic Values by adekolaelect(m): 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
moderatedguy:
The rantings of a Zombie.
the conclusion of Wailers .

(1) (Reply)

APC Dilemma In Edo State. / Nnamdi Kanu: Gunshots In Villa, Killings Shows That There’s No Buhari But Cabal / See How Onitsha Residents,forced To Clear Slum For Not Wearing Face Mask(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.