Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki (17434 Views)

Oba Of Benin Meets Ize-Iyamu & Obaseki; As They Sign Peace Pact (Photos) / Ize-Iyamu: Obaseki Paid PDP Tax Collectors ₦15 Billion For Governorship Ticket / Court To Decide Validity Of Ize-Iyamu’s APC Membership Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
The Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, has insisted he is not afraid of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

Obaseki stated this while making an appearance on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.

Ize-Iyamu contested the last governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), before defecting to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He will now go up against Obaseki for APC’s ticket in the September 19 poll.

But the Governor insists he has no reason to be scared of Ize-Iyamu.

“Why should I be? The last time I contested, he (Ize-Iyamu) was my opponent from the PDP and the votes are there.

“I beat him (when I had no track record as a governor) and now with the track record as a governor, I don’t have any fears,” Obaseki said.

source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/08/edo-governorship-election-i-am-not-afraid-of-ize-iyamu-obaseki/

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Trumpcard05: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
The people’s Governor! Well spoken. Light can never be afraid of darkness and good always conquers evil.

Edo indigenes are solidly behind you against the one that has since been exposed as a fake pastor and called a thief by none other than the ugly shameless hypocrite Oshiomole who is now trying to sell him to Edo sons and daughters. We are not buying!

Together we say no to godfathers, we say no to hungry professional politicians and thieves whose only interest is to share funds meant for the administration of the state. Let the people lead!!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Goldenkrezi: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Yeah... Fear not!

I concur cool

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Vyzz: 12:11am On Jun 09, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Flyingngel(m): 12:46am On Jun 09, 2020
In as much as I don't like Oshiomole godfatherism, I will like to ask if you are not afraid, why are you running from pillar to post?

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by babyfaceafrica: 6:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Lienus... You are afraid of him and osho rigging machinery

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by nikjaneTAILORS(m): 6:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Be silent bro and play your game under g... As a politician you don't talk always or even too much.

Fact

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by johnmattew: 6:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Flyingngel:
In as much as I don't like Oshiomole godfatherism, I will like to ask if you are not afraid, why are you running from pillar to post?
that's because he isn't complacent...he also needs to fight and not give them breathing space

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Aare2050(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2020
Assist a private school teacher today.
It's not easy out there.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by bestman09(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2020

Continue to be courageous. Trust God to fight the battle while you hold your peace.

I pray that you win, not because I am your fan, but Because you are an enemy of my enemy.

8 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by CelestineNelson: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2020
When will Edo state produce a handsome Governor for God sake...what is wrong with their gene...?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Ingredient88(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2020
Nobody says you are afraid of him now why can't you just concentrate on your second time stop blaming people let your work and popularity speak for you has a sitting governor I don't think you need to be scared or you need to be afraid why can't you allow your work to speak for you you don't need to fight anybody and you don't need to be afraid your work we work for you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by johnmattew: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2020
nikjaneTAILORS:
Be silent bro and play your game under g
he doesn't need to be silent....he is loud and silent at the same time.

the loud part is he is telling his opponent that he is ready for them and he is brave

the silent part is that the he and his deputy, especially,are doing the groundwork in tackling cunning Oshiomhole

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by babyfaceafrica: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2020
johnmattew:
that's because he isn't complacent...he also needs to fight and not give them breathing space
so running and making noise upandawn shows fighting?.. Politicians scheme, they don't talk too much

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 09, 2020
undecided
Sadly, Obaseki has made a lot of errors. Would have liked him to win. Most of the anger shown towards him from Oshiomole and his cronies are simply because he is not "loyal" (giving them easy access to the state treasury).
If Obaseki wins, victory to the state (not necessarily the people,as he has underperformed....the state will beat godfatherism again). However, if he loses, the state and the people lose as well......Ize-iyamu is a thief and godfatherism persists.

Somehow, I believe Obaseki gas good plans going forward.........Hopefully 4+4

Long live the king.....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Uyi168: 7:01am On Jun 09, 2020
I trust my talkie and do governor..
4+4,tor gba!!
See him here waving at his ancestors... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by dapsoneh: 7:01am On Jun 09, 2020
You are as afraid as losing your balls

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by ddippset(m): 7:01am On Jun 09, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/08/edo-governorship-election-i-am-not-afraid-of-ize-iyamu-obaseki/
Lol

This man is a joke!

He says he beat Obaseki in 2016.

Abeg did anybody hear Obaseki's voice during the campaigns in 2016?

Abeg did anybody know Obaseki before 2016?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Zege7716: 7:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Ize Iyamu should go and sit down, 4+4 is irreversible.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by tamdun: 7:02am On Jun 09, 2020
U talk too much, Oga campaign with your achievements and let Edo people judge

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by therajah: 7:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Flyingngel:
If you want to write an exam, dont go for classes and read your books.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by ednut1(m): 7:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Sounding like Ambode grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Roon9(m): 7:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Ogbeni Obaseki
The Donald Trump of Nigeria grin
Clueless fellow shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by FlordFlorez(m): 7:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Ize-iyamu would've been better off with PDP or atleast have a higher chance against Obaseki. As it stands and no matter what angle u view this, Obaseki controls APC in Edo state not Oshio.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Ingredient88(m): 7:03am On Jun 09, 2020
That is just it since is a people's governor then let the People and his good deeds, work for the past three and a half years stand and speak for him
Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 09, 2020
You declared curfew when he defected and banned gatherings in the state. He was eventually received into the party in his own compound. Now you don't want direct primary against him.

Who is deceiving who?? cool

15 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by Kicktaker(m): 7:03am On Jun 09, 2020
I fear who no fear pastor o grin

5 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by XXLMANDIGO: 7:04am On Jun 09, 2020
You should not be afraid if you have done convincingly well for the people in the state ၏ Ize Iyamu has a lot of integrity hurdle to cross.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by ekestic1976(f): 7:04am On Jun 09, 2020
Ingredient88:
Nobody says you are afraid of him now why can't you just concentrate on your second time stop blaming people let your work and popularity speak for you has a sitting governor I don't think you need to be scared or you need to be afraid why can't you allow your work to speak for you you don't need to fight anybody and you don't need to be afraid your work we work for you.
Re: Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki by kingsleefolli(m): 7:06am On Jun 09, 2020
Is no more obazee againEdo state are in state of confusion oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ban On Commercial Tricycle, Motorcycle In Anambra: No Going Back / EFCC On Secret Operation At APC Convention / 2023: Is Tinubu's Old Age A Testament Of Great Blessing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.