Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 (1295 Views)

Powerful Prayer Points From Deut.33:6-24 / Bible Scholars Please What Are Your Thoughts On Deut 22:13-21? / 21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by onlyfacts: 5:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
IamMichael:

It's a simple yes or no question. Neither the post you are referring me to and your subsequent post provided any answer of any sort. Don't know why you are referring me to it.

Don't know what's with the avoidance of giving a simple direct answer!

The Bible quotation isn't relevant to the questioned you asked. You wrongly directed it at CHRISTIANS.

There were three different laws given to servants of God in the bible at different time intervals. The patriarchal law, the mosaic law, and the laws and principles governing Christianity. These laws overlap in some places but are hugely different in other places, hence their clear distinction in names.

The patriarchal law was for the likes of Abraham, Isaac and jacob etc(they are the forefathers of the nation of Israel). It was the foundation leading to the mosaic law which would officially be given to moses at Mount Sinai.

The mosaic law was for the nation of Israel, it was a temporary law that foreshadowed that which was to come after it, after which it was to be fulfilled, which marked it's ending (which includes the law found in Deuteronomy)

The Christian laws and principles were for both Jewish christians and gentiles christians(which includes Christians around the world). It is that which God is using NOW in directing his people.

So I wasn't evading your question by not answering YES or NO as that LAW IS NOT APPLICABLE TO CHRISTIANS, I wrongly assumed you knew. I was simply explaining what that law in Deuteronomy meant to the israelites who observed it. As a Christian Jesus didn't make that law applicable to us and many others under the mosaic law and neither did his apostles under the Christian law and principle. So your answer is no.
Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
Perhaps Mr Atheist have forgotten he posted this after hearing someone's opinion on the question he asked! cheesy

We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, we have what it takes to render you silent just don't brag before us that you know anything and there will be no reason for this.

God's law is perfect, it's humans that need to learn how to apply his life saving laws to benefit ourselves! smiley
IamMichael:

Holy mother of fück!

Look at what a JEHOVAH WITNESS is saying. We will take up this case... Religious Extremist detected!!!
Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by Ola17: 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
IamMichael:

I was referring to the post i quoted specifically... I'm not attacking you o please... Just reasoning along that post and it's implications.

Your earlier reply gives off vibes of someone with a preconceived mindset(I could be Totally wrong). You kind of went on a tangent, it is easy to read from my contributions on this thread that I really don’t hold the part of the Bible in the op as the direct word of God.

It is a common practice in earlier civilizations for the leaders to make laws and claim them to be revelations from God, this may be the only way you can get the common people to maintain social order as they haven’t developed the system of policing we have now. People’s consciences were mostly their police.
Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by IamMichael(m): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ola17:

Your earlier reply gives off vibes of someone with a preconceived mindset(I could be Totally wrong). You kind of went on a tangent, it is easy to read from my contributions on this thread that I really don’t hold the part of the Bible in the op as the direct word of God.

It is a common practice in earlier civilizations for the leaders to make laws and claim them to be revelations from God, this may be the only way you can get the common people to maintain social order as they haven’t developed the system of policing we have now. People’s consciences were mostly their police.

I concur with your submission bro. It's easy to use the Religion of the day, twist it and add that a god gave such command to make people follow a particular directive/order/command.

Funny thing is, the same thing is still the order of the day today; the tree that never stops giving!

1 Like

Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by IamMichael(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
onlyfacts:

The Bible quotation isn't relevant to the questioned you asked. You wrongly directed it at CHRISTIANS.

There were three different laws given to servants of God in the bible at different time intervals. The patriarchal law, the mosaic law, and the laws and principles governing Christianity. These laws overlap in some places but are hugely different in other places, hence their clear distinction in names.

The patriarchal law was for the likes of Abraham, Isaac and jacob etc(they are the forefathers of the nation of Israel). It was the foundation leading to the mosaic law which would officially be given to moses at Mount Sinai.

The mosaic law was for the nation of Israel, it was a temporary law that foreshadowed that which was to come after it, after which it was to be fulfilled, which marked it's ending (which includes the law found in Deuteronomy)

The Christian laws and principles were for both Jewish christians and gentiles christians(which includes Christians around the world). It is that which God is using NOW in directing his people.

So I wasn't evading your question by not answering YES or NO as that LAW IS NOT APPLICABLE TO CHRISTIANS, I wrongly assumed you knew. I was simply explaining what that law in Deuteronomy meant to the israelites who observed it. As a Christian Jesus didn't make that law applicable to us and many others under the mosaic law and neither did his apostles under the Christian law and principle. So your answer is no.

I like your well articulated points and reply.

However, have you also contemplated in anyway that the Bible which you are explaining in this well articulated manner is just a guide book formulated by early Israelites to use and control their own people? And to enforce discipline by assigning a figurative authority (god) into the equation to give it legitimacy?

In some African traditions, some things are given reverence highly so that people respect it or don't abuse it.
• Fear of the dark gave rise to certain nighttime stereotypes. It is still this nighttime stereotypes that make some christians believe nighttime is the best time to fire, kill and destroy evil spirits and demons.
Fear of the dark motivated all evil related stories because people are ordinarily afraid of what they can't see, which is what the dark times represent.

• Stories of Miss KoiKoi, Willie Willie and the rest were told to students and children as deterrent mostly so that they avoided going out alone( to avoid kidnapping or being captured for rituals, etc).
The way it is told, the people that are telling it and all the made up sightings are just there to reinforce that belief.
That's exactly what the Bible is.

In your right up, you made mention of three specific laws god gave to the Israelites. This is to tell you that the Israelites made the law up and backed it up with a god's command to give it legitimacy.
However, Israelites are not part of the christian laws you are talking about seeing as Judaism is what they Practice.

Just like Israelites used a god to give legitimacy to their laws and orders, the people who founded Christianity used the same format, and cherry picked some laws in the Torah to give it legitimacy and spread it. This is also the major reason why there is a lot of contradictions between the Torah(alleged old testament) and the christian books(alleged new testament).
Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by onlyfacts: 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
IamMichael:

I like your well articulated points and reply.

However, have you also contemplated in anyway that the Bible which you are explaining in this well articulated manner is just a guide book formulated by early Israelites to use and control their own people? And to enforce discipline by assigning a figurative authority (god) into the equation to give it legitimacy?

In some African traditions, some things are given reverence highly so that people respect it or don't abuse it.
• Fear of the dark gave rise to certain nighttime stereotypes. It is still this nighttime stereotypes that make some christians believe nighttime is the best time to fire, kill and destroy evil spirits and demons.
Fear of the dark motivated all evil related stories because people are ordinarily afraid of what they can't see, which is what the dark times represent.

• Stories of Miss KoiKoi, Willie Willie and the rest were told to students and children as deterrent mostly so that they avoided going out alone( to avoid kidnapping or being captured for rituals, etc).
The way it is told, the people that are telling it and all the made up sightings are just there to reinforce that belief.
That's exactly what the Bible is.

In your right up, you made mention of three specific laws god gave to the Israelites. This is to tell you that the Israelites made the law up and backed it up with a god's command to give it legitimacy.
However, Israelites are not part of the christian laws you are talking about seeing as Judaism is what they Practice.

Just like Israelites used a god to give legitimacy to their laws and orders, the people who founded Christianity used the same format, and cherry picked some laws in the Torah to give it legitimacy and spread it. This is also the major reason why there is a lot of contradictions between the Torah(alleged old testament) and the christian books(alleged new testament).

1. At the first highlighted line above, God gave the Israelites through Moses only the law code also called the Torah(representing the first five books of the Bible) and not 3 laws.

2. In the Mosaic Law(Torah) the Jews were to expect the coming of the Messiah to fulfill the law, that is to end the practice of Judaism based on the mosaic law. As we speak they are still expecting the Messiah because they know that is what the mosaic law points to. The Judaism they practice today in Israel is compromised because the TEMPLE is no more. It was destroyed almost 2000 years ago, the ARK OF THE COVENANT WAS ALSO LOST (it signified God's presence in the temple and in Israel) and the GENEOLOGICAL RECORDS of all the 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL was also destroyed. Without these fundamental elements Judiasm as now practiced in Israel is counterfeit. Jesus warned them all this would happen, as the Messiah they failed to accept because of his modest background and apolitical stand.

3. There is no cherry picking. The Torah/Mosiac law was to lead to the Christ, and was not to be a lasting law. The Jew's knew this and wanted to see it fulfilled. The contradictions you see is among Christians who do not have an accurate understanding of bible history and knowledge.
Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by Ghostrye: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
Maximus69:

The law says
"Honour your father and mother, so that you may live long" Exodus 20:12
It's the first law that comes with a promise "if you keep this one, you will live long"
So God made the people to know that even the least form of disobedience is enough for the parents to get rid of a child who chose to become a rebel in the family!
That's the import of what you're quoting! smiley
So basically you are supporting abortion because an unwanted child is in essence rebelling against the wishes of it's mother and therefore deserves the death sentence right.
Me, you, same page.
wink
Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ghostrye:

So basically you are supporting abortion because an unwanted child is in essence rebelling against the wishes of it's mother and therefore deserves the death sentence right.
Me, you, same page.
wink

Abortion is depriving someone of his right to live!

So it's a totally different case Sir! cheesy

The rebellious child has tasted life and know the one responsible for his birth, but pregnancy is like a child whom you can't phantom the attitude or behaviour the child will develop later in life! cheesy
Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by Ghostrye: 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
Maximus69:

Abortion is depriving someone of his right to live!

So it's a totally different case Sir! cheesy

The rebellious child has tasted life and know the one responsible for his birth, but pregnancy is like a child whom you can't phantom the attitude or behaviour the child will develop later in life! cheesy
A child that won't flush out when you ask it to is definitely going to be both stubborn and rebellious, if you ask for my half-hearted opinion, it's better to just have the abortion before he commits any greater crimes when he is born.
Like those Aki and pawpaw kinda kids. wink
Re: Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ghostrye:

A child that won't flush out when you ask it to is definitely going to be both stubborn and rebellious, if you ask for my half-hearted opinion, it's better to just have the abortion before he commits any greater crimes when he is born.
Like those Aki and pawpaw kinda kids. wink

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Joshua Selman Made Me Lose My Girl / Pastors And Imams Now To Pay Income Tax - Lagos State Goverment / Why Don’t Jews Believe In Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.