Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG (25733 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job / Court Nullifies Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Polls Over Cert Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
The World Trade Organisation (WTO) has accepted the nomination of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as one of the candidates for the office of the director-general of the organisation.

“Nigeria, on 9 June 2020, nominated Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for the post of WTO Director-General to succeed the current Director-General, Mr Roberto Azevêdo, who has announced he will step down on 31 August 2020,” the organisation said on its website.

When President Muhammadu Buhari endorsed Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for the World Trade Organisation (WTO) top job, Egypt went on the offensive.

Egypt argued that the executive decision of the African Union (AU) which had set a deadline of November 30, 2019 for African countries to nominate candidates had been violated.

They claimed Iweala’s nomination was late and should not be recognised.

The WTO however said on Tuesday that nominations are still open till July 8, 2020.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-wto-accepts-okonjo-iwealas-nomination-for-dg

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by XXXXTENTACION: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good for her undecided

i wish our girls will emulate this woman and work hard and make names themselves. cool

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by festacman(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
The first hurdle out of the way. Many more to go. Congratulations to Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.

By withdrawing Dr. Yonov Frederick Agah and nominating Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria broke unity of purpose of Africa Union (AU) as well as went against it's protocol on nomination and support of candidates for international organization, which also applied to Akinwumi Adesina with regards to AfDB.

Being a regional force, Pres. Buhari should commision a deliberate diplomatic shuttle to negotiate and douse the short-term as well as long-term backslashes.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by khingTony(m): 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
She's going places

14 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by kahal29: 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
Correct

2 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Blackking98(m): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
Someone should help us ask the Egyptians howfar?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Chriz(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good news.

3 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by WoundedLamb: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Good for her undecided

i wish our girls will emulate this woman and work hard and make names themselves. cool

True. I wish our boys would emulate the likes of Philip Emeagwali too and stop running around Nairaland looking for girl related threads.

Nice one.

**Edited**

They say Philip is a fraud so you can replace the name with that of any other prominent male Nigerian that appeals to you but let's not miss the message: chastise the male child as much as you do the girl child if you really want to see any positive change.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Davash222(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Good for her undecided

Our girls
Same girls that goes out with just 100Naira and return with pizza, cold stone ice cream,and 10,000 Naira

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by kettykings: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
i feel this woman deserves to be president of Nigeria in 2023 , after her stay in WTO , Buhari should just invite her to run for the seat , she will occupy the remaining slot of the South South as well as solve the igbo presidency question

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by abobote: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
The name alone is a game changer

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by XXXXTENTACION: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
WoundedLamb:

True. I wish our boys would emulate the likes of Philip Emeagwali too and stop running around Nairaland looking for girl related threads.

Nice one.
Oya give me names of those boys i wan check something.
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by ORIENTATION101: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lols aunty ngozi pack all appointment this year. More than 5 appointment in 6months.

the best thing that come out of nyamiri land since chinua Achebe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Orubebe01: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Keep making us proud

6 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by WoundedLamb: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Davash222:

Our girls
Same girls that goes out with just 100Naira and return with pizza, cold stone ice cream,and 10,000 Naira

And who do they go to flirt with? Aliens?

No matter how much you call out girls or insult them, you can't clean up the society if you keep shielding the male counterparts because it takes two to tango.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by seunmsg(m): 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
festacman:
By withdrawing Dr. Agah and nominating Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria broke unity of purpose as well as went against Africa Union's protocol on nomination and support of candidates for international organization. Being a regional force, Pres. Buhari should commision a deliberate diplomatic shuttle to negotiate and douse the short-term as well as long-term backslashes.

Nonsense. Nigeria did not break any protocol. Three African countries indicated interest in nominating candidates. Nigeria nominated Agah, Egypt and Benin nominated their own candidates. We weighed the strength of Agah and decided that Okonjo-Iweala stand a better chance than Agah. So, we withdrew Agah and replaced with Okonjo-Iweala. So, how did we break the unity of purpose?

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by johnmartus(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Other Africa president should mobilize against Buhari wish. NIO has been use to exploit Africa by western country. Very corrupt woman.

4 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Davash222(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
WoundedLamb:

And who do they go to flirt with? Aliens?

No matter how much you call out girls or insult them, you can't clean up the society if you keep shielding the male counterparts because it takes two to tango.
Make una try dey keep una legs one place. tongue

5 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by XXXXTENTACION: 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Davash222:

Our girls
that one pass miracle
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by abobote: 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Good for her undecided

Of course some will emulate her, but you don't expect all our girls to emulate just one person
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Impecca(m): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dem get choice?? How many of them has Ph.D from MIT talk more of her intimidating résumé

7 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Lipscomb(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
I support this too.This woman stolen our money. She put Nigeria in recession.
johnmartus:
Other Africa president should mobilize against Buhari wish. NIO has been use to exploit Africa by western country. Very corrupt woman.

1 Like

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by XXXXTENTACION: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
abobote:
Of course some will emulate her, but you don't expect all our girls to emulate just one person
No na
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Davash222(m): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lipscomb:
I support this too.This woman stolen our money. She put Nigeria in recession.
Who stolen your brain?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by WoundedLamb: 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Davash222:

Make una try dey keep our legs one place. tongue

@bolded: una, our. Are you a hermaphrodite?

I'm a guy. And yes, girls should "keep their legs one place" and guys should "keeps their 3rd legs one place". There's more to human relationships than se.x. Too much of everything, they say, is bad.

3 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Davash222(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
WoundedLamb:

@bolded: una, our. Are you a hermaphrodite? lipsrsealed

I'm a guy. And yes, girls should "keep their legs one place" and guys should "keeps their 3rd legs one place". There's more to human relationships than se.x. Too much of everything, they say, is bad.

No, you're not a guy...you can't be a guy...and
you'll never be a guy.

3 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Racoon(m): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
Goodluck and congratulations in advance to NOI.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by BlowYourMind: 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
Congrat to our amiable Okonjo

3 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by money121(m): 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ok
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by GodSaklek(m): 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
I dreamed this about Africa and it shall come to pass.

*A world where the government will say, "I think am not competent enough,I have failed my people,let me step down(Resigns) for another person maybe they may have a better ideas than me"

*A world where there will be a competition between billionaires, they will be running around looking for poor people to help and some billionaires will stand up and say "is there any poor people around for me to help,anyone that help me find someone still living in poverty will be greatly rewarded"

*A world where people will see each other as part of them, and one will say "why would I hurt them?,they are part of me,if I hurt them,I have hurt myself,if they dies,am also dead.

11 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by paradigmshift(m): 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
Greatest woman out of Nigeria.
God bless u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
To close the first page of this beautiful thread,
Let's go with this.........

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the nomination of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, former coordinating minister for the economy, for the position of director-general of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), TheCable can report

........whoever Our darling Daddy endorses is a winner.
A man after God's heart.
They want to bury Our darling Daddy,
they don't know he is a seed.

Okonjo, noting do you.
PMB "Our Darling Daddy" has laid his blessed hands on you, he belongs to everybody.
Carry Gooooooo.........

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Road Projects Attracted By Orji Kalu Commence In Abia (Photos, Video) / When Obasanjo Joined The Nigerian Army (Picture) / Yahaya Bello Lists 110 Achievements In Office Ahead Of Kogi 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.