Stats: 3,163,455 members, 7,853,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (27268 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Soybean Farming Dairy / What Is The Right Herbicide To Use On My Cassava Farm? Help Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
Happy birthday to you friend. Many more years in prosperity and happiness and good health.
Bountiful harvest in all your farms. Fulani Herdsmen will never locate you.

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Fuckjesusandgod: 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2021
willybaby:
Chemicals being used.. premergence and post mergence a perfect combination

Hi bro, well done and blessings to your endeavors.
please where can I get the rooter herbicide and how much is it per carton/pack. thanks
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
Fuckjesusandgod:

Hi bro, well done and blessings to your endeavors.
please where can I get the rooter herbicide and how much is it per carton/pack. thanks
a pack was sold for 4500 last year in my locality I don't know how much a carton would cost.. sir u can still go for cheaper atrazin products that's what I plan to use this season
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Fuckjesusandgod: 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
willybaby:
a pack was sold for 4500 last year in my locality I don't know how much a carton would cost.. sir u can still go for cheaper atrazin products that's what I plan to use this season

Okay bro, thanks.
Blessings!!!
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Thazard(m): 1:00am On Feb 08, 2021
Interesting
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
Finally am able to view and post on this thread... Has anyone been having similar issues too
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
grin everyday I go to the farm currently I smile...
Good afternoon fellow farmers, and those preparing to join us..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ideepaul: 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
willybaby:
Hello everyone,
Yea Farmers, ain't d dirty, old, bent and poor people we portrayed to be.. we d flex, we Slay

ITS MY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FILLED WITH BLESSINGS 4 ME..
Your all invited let's wine and dine together it's been God
So sorry I just saw this now... happy belated birthday Boss...more wins Boss
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Thazard(m): 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2021
willybaby:
grin everyday I go to the farm currently I smile...
Good afternoon fellow farmers, and those preparing to join us..

Sorry for asking but please how much did you buy your farmland?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
Thazard:

Sorry for asking but please how much did you buy your farmland?
d land was rented
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
ideepaul:

So sorry I just saw this now... happy belated birthday Boss...more wins Boss
thanks boss... You've kinda been scarce bro
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good afternoon Fam, hope you all doing well...
With the coming of the rain this thread will likely come to an end, am about to open a new cassava farming thread land is currently being prepared and in the next thread some mistakes we made in this first (amateur) farm will be corrected and new ideas and innovations will be tried out too, also this year we plan to go a lot bigger
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
Pictorial updates... Farm15 our heaps are breaking apart daily.. with a smile we trusting God for a good harvest

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ideepaul: 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
willybaby:
thanks boss... You've kinda been scarce bro
it's the normal time of year sha

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
grin A wonderful afternoon to everyone, first of all to the lady who called from Canada, your call is dully appreciated, to others calling and asking one question or the other please note even as a new farming season dawns we still here for each other..

Farm for me, farm for me have received this request/offer from a handful of peeps who follow or view this thread, I feel happy when I hear such cause it shows inspite of the ravaging societal challenges and decay, we still trust each other as Nigerians but sorry for turning you all down I did it with a sad heart.
I decided to make this post so you all can further understand, as this thread is named it's a first attempt going into agriculture, irrespective of the success that was made agriculture still carries it's risk, secondly we/I plan to go bigger in terms of land mass to be cultivated this year, actually triple that of last year this is no easy fit.
I as a person enjoy seeing any farm under me doing well and thriving and not neglected or forgotten in any way that's why I turned down all request to partner, co farm etc till maybe a time where am certain even a 1000heactre would become nothing to handle.thanks for all your understanding.
Even as this thread wines down slowly do keep your ideas, supports, suggestions coming it
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
Sometimes I use the pronounce we instead of I as tribute and a show of respect to my team, the people who makes it all possible, crop cultivation ain't a one man/woman thing..
My farm manager I hail, farm labourers una go chop plenty money for my hand this year, my knacksack sprayers when ever una show am certain weeds quack in fear lol but follow beg government to help reduce the prices of herbicides..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2021
Work currently ongoing land preparation things, don't worry once the time is right a new thread will be opened...
If you in benue or close I have enough firewood for sale and dash just halla

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
More

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
nothing beats a bountiful harvest... From the farm of a neighbour.. IITA shine shine bobo stem is a blast

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
more... if u ain't into agriculture ur missing grin

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 8:26am On Feb 26, 2021
willybaby:
nothing beats a bountiful harvest... From the farm of a neighbour.. IITA shine shine bobo stem is a blast
Whao. That's great. What variety is that?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:43am On Feb 26, 2021
Ameboperoo:

Whao. That's great. What variety is that?
it's called shine shine bobo, was developed 4years back and sorry have forgotten the actual scientific name.. TME58 sometin
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 9:35am On Feb 27, 2021
willybaby:
it's called shine shine bobo, was developed 4years back and sorry have forgotten the actual scientific name.. TME58 sometin
I know of one TMS **00058. It use to canopy and have thick stem. It's a good variety. It matures early just like TME419
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ameboperoo:

I know of one TMS **00058. It use to canopy and have thick stem. It's a good variety. It matures early just like TME419
TME419 looks to be outdated fa, just last year 5 new improved varieties was produced by IITA and I must tell you they all are dope, yield improved, canopies so weeding is reduced and the vitamin A cassava that has a yellow tuber, no need adding palm oil to fry and it's good 4 diabetic patients too.. kudos to IITA and others sha

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Isaaco82: 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2021
[quote author=willybaby post=99459432]TME419 looks to be outdated fa, just last year 5 new improved varieties was produced by IITA and I must tell you they all are dope, yield improved, canopies so weeding is reduced and the vitamin A cassava that has a yellow tuber, no need adding palm oil to fry and it's good 4 diabetic patients too.. kudos to IITA and others sha[/quote

Bro,TME 419 outdated? All these yields you are posting are poor in comparison to what TME 419 gives if we'll managed (weed control).Hope you also know that the low moisture content of TME 419 still make it the best choice for most processors.That cassava you uprooted is called Dangaria here and the moisture content is way higher than that of 419.

As for the adding of oil to garri,try and get more knowledge about it.

You are doing well still
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 7:53pm On Feb 27, 2021
[quote author=Isaaco82 post=99466836][/quote]
Sir, you cannot be too sure about this your argument o.
I won't say tme419 is outdated though but there are quite a lot of new varieties out there that can outperform it in some ways.
Yield, early bulking, starch content, dry matter percentage, deasese and drought resistance, etc
And mere looking at the pictures, you might not be able to tell the particular variety.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:34pm On Feb 27, 2021
[quote author=Isaaco82 post=99466836][/quote]sir the key word there is "looks to be outdated" not outdated and sir cassava as we know have many uses not just garri alone, some users would prefer the dangari you talked about, also there's another TME Variety(would modify and post d name soon) ideal for very poor farmers too because of its canopy is like the canopy you find in events lol.. this variety you only need to weed once at most twice every farmer knows maintenance is the main financial stress not even the actual planting...

I just had to put this out because your post might make others overly look down on other varieties.. IF your farm is well maintained it would yield well even if it's a local variety.. I didn't understand the oil part kindly tell us more..
thanks sir for contributing to this thread..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ameboperoo:

Sir, you cannot be too sure about this your argument o.
I won't say tme419 is outdated though but there are quite a lot of new varieties out there that can outperform it in some ways.
Yield, early bulking, starch content, dry matter percentage, deasese and drought resistance, etc
And mere looking at the pictures, you might not be able to tell the particular variety.
exactly sir @Ameboperoo every new variety has its advantages, every4 farmer is advised to consider all factors before selecting a variety best or most suitable to him or her
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by folmus: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
Interesting thread!

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:32am On Mar 01, 2021
Good morning All, hope we all fine and well, when to the farm to say hi to my Cassava and this delicious friend came to say hi to me also lol...
A Lovely day to start a blissful month

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2021
Abeg suggestions are welcome o.. which style sweet pass to use wash am.. Me d reason peeper soup white rice and cold palmwine grin

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ideepaul: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2021
Kai see matured cane rat! For my area, boys fit tear down your farm just to dig it out form its hole

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting / Gift Udoh: US Honours Nigerian Lady For Contribution Towards Farming [photo]