Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas (61955 Views)

5 Nigerian Celebrities Who Give Regularly To Charity / Top Nigerian Musicians That Blew And Then Went Back To Being Upcoming Artiste / 5 Nigerian Male Celebrities That Have Hot Abs (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by mantosa(m): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
They say pop presence and proximity to culture breaks walls into acceptance by fans, music listeners and industry heads in the Nigerian music industry. But chasing one’s dreams should not be determined by these factors as long as musicians stay close as much as they can.

Usually, the past music business models covet gaining traction by fans of other established musicians, releasing music and performing them to a wide crowd at shows and concerts. The digital break now allows musicians from all over the world to dish out singles and albums from wherever they may be situated. The average Nigerian musicians outside Nigeria with hopes of growing their fan base back home are doing it effortlessly with resources at their disposal in the Diaspora.

Nonso Amadi

Nonso’s music breeds romance, break ups, make ups and rhythmic balance in vocals. “Tonight”, off the “ALONE EP” pushed his credibility at home. Although occasional shuffles between Lagos, Toronto and the UK has stalled his career, the man will push the limit between r’n’b and the alternative genres.

Tome

Just within weeks, the Afro-Canadian Afro fusion singer scored more than 1.8 million streams across all platforms with her groundbreaking project ‘BT4W (Bigger than four walls)’. The album featured Runtown, Zlatan and King Promise. Tome also performed on One Africa Music fest’s Hope for Africa’ virtual concert a few weeks ago. Tome has deep roots in music which will make her music stand the test of time.

Toye

The Nigerian-American singer muscles his way into the hearts of Nigerians in Atlanta, Georgia. He has also opened for Burna Boy and Mr Eazi during their American tours in 2019. Toye is also closely-associated with Davido and it shows in his charisma as an upcoming ‘Faaji’ singer (a blend of Fuji and juju genres which he carved for himself). In the past few months, Toye performed for Colors and released a Wizkid and DJ Tunez inspired cover to ‘Gbese’.

Dolapo The Vibe

The Nigerian who moves between Lagos and the US is growing under the wings of Bankulli, the Nigerian music executive, producer and singer. Although, not yet in the mainstream, her vocals serenades in the music she makes. The US Army officer is also destined to release a project in the nearest future after the highly-accepted “Owo’’ which featured Peruzzi.

Kida Kudz

Kida Kudz evolved as a boy from Ibadan who was winning rap battles sponsored by soda companies to a man who experimented with sounds influenced by the grime scenes in the UK. Kida Kudz has worked with almost all the big names and he is still a fan favourite to the mid-age Nigerian who witnessed his rise in music.

source: https://tushmagazine.com.ng/top-5-nigerian-musicians-in-the-diasporas/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Surfondsystems: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
It is not easy making it in the Nigerian music industry but I assure you when you’re focused and relentless with talent nd Gods grace you will get there.

I personally work with a music promoting company and can help any artist with great work push their works.

Just WhatsApp me via the number on my profile to get on board.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by dmj111: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Nickymichy(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
God bless them

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by ujampie: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Wow lovely
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Oblitz(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Rubbish . Who knows them.
This is Oblitz the best producer in Nigeria. If I don't know them, then nobody knows them

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by chinnasa: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by DontBullshitMe: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Where the fuçk is Jidenna?

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by sammysneh(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nonso Amadi one of my favourite artist ever..
i forgot to add wurld,jonnydrille,Chike,ladipoe, maleek berry etc...

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by iconicceo: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Slawormir: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

I like the tome(Michelle Oluwatomi Akanbi.)
That tome is beautiful

She is damnnnnn beautiful
Me and slim girls

lugo99:
why be say we dey always shard d same chemistry, slime bae my fav, just that i'm lonely 4 d past 2years, dey always see my favs, but wetin dey kill man? guts, introvert, & $..,,.

My own worse. They are not only my favourite but i can't resist them.

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by D4donnn: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Lemme book space grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Dangrace01: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Udosky1666: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Madoo... Nigerians r doing well... Nonso Amadi my favourite

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by ebuka10box(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nonsense list, where is rotimi and co

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Originality007: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
what about Jidenna? mr bambi grin

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Emily22(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kidakidz disappeared like the promises of buhari

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Siberia01(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
baby shake ur waist as usual

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by EMXTAN1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nonso Amada is who we know... That guy can sing down cold in this heat

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Aspentrails96(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dax

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by ukukaegbu(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
You didn't include Asa and Jidenna

13 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Chisaedhor: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
shocked shocked

Why Is Davido's Name Not Their undecided

This list is not complete with OBO

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by teemotee: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
hmm..Dolapo The Dyke cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
OP, you not a fan of rap?

Where my boys at: Tobe Nwigwe & Maxo Kream (Emekwanem Ogugua Biosah Jnr) Igbo Amaka cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by stevedeey(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Them try
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by hafeezkidd: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oblitz:
Rubbish . Who knows them,

No one knows you.

31 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by mdchikezie(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Idk
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Realresk(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
What criteria did u use to form dis list nwanne undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by KingAzubuike(f): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Sharic: 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kida kudz - I love his flow.

Op add chamillionaire, I can still remember one his hit song ridin.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Bobotic(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
What about Speedy Darlington

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Roon9(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
So speedy and that pepper soup guy nkor

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hausa Babes Are Hottest Nigerian Babes? [SEE PHOTOS] / Skitmaker Churchill Dies While Making A Skit / Nollywood Single Mums Hit By Aggravated Sexual Desires [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.