Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons (18476 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Desmond Akawor As RMAFC Federal Commissioner / Court Orders RMAFC To Fix Salaries Of NASS Members To Reflect Economic Realities / RMAFC: FG To Review Salaries Of Political Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by fergie001: 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons

*Also confirms Yuguda as SEC DG

The Senate on Wednesday approved the nominations of six out of seven-member board of the Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) but dropped the nomination of Emmanuel Nwosu due to security reports.

President Muhammadu Buhari had on May 5 sent their names to the Senate for confirmation.

Those whose nominations were approved are Salamaru Mohammad Bala (Adamawa) Adamu Shettima Yuguda Final (Borno) Alfred Egba (Bayelsa), Oladele Gboyega(Osun), Bello Wamako(Sokoto) and Ahmed Yusuf (Taraba).

President of the Senate, Dr Ahmed Lawan, in his comments, wished the new appointees goodluck in their endeavour as members of RMAFC.

The upper chamber, however, deferred the nomination of Emmanuel Nwosu (Imo) due to the reports from the Department of Security Services (DSS) over petitions against him.

The Senate also approved the nomination of Lamidu Abubakar Yuguda (Gombe) as Director-General of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Others whose nominations were approved as full time Commissioners in SEC include Reginald Karawusa (Imo), Ibrahim Boyi (Katsina) and Obisan Joseph from Lagos state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/06/10/senate-approves-six-rmafc-board-nominees-drops-one-for-security-reasons/amp/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Amotolongbo(f): 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
all the best to them

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by fergie001: 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
I feel some compassion for Uduk......but Congrats to them all.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
Senate will influence these ones so that they can increase their jumbo pay.
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by BlowYourMind: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
petition against an easterner again

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Sammy07: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Reginald Karawusa (Imo),

Do Igbos bear this name?
Looks like Northern name

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Okoroawusa: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
BlowYourMind:
petition against an easterner again
Na person wey Sabi go petition nah

If I no know u how I wan take petition?

9 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Okoroawusa: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Sammy07:
Reginald Karawusa (Imo),

Do Igbos bear this name?
Looks like Northern name
Kara awughi usa...ihe mu jiri kara gi awughi usa

Bigger is not greed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Sammy07: 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Kara awughi usa...ihe mu jiri kara gi awughi usa

Bigger is not greed

I'm not igbo nah.
Only understand little.
This one big for me cheesy
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by slivertongue: 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
hope his confirmation wasn't deferred because of certificate issues

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Okoroawusa: 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
Sammy07:

I'm not igbo nah.
Only understand little.
This one big for me cheesy
Ok...
I just explained the name for you. One of my teachers in secondary school bears Agabieleshin----As tall as a horse.
He shortened it to Agabi n it throws people off as to his tribe. He was short n robust. He didn't look like Yoruba more so an ijebu

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Sammy07: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Ok...
I just explained the name for you. One of my teachers in secondary school bears Agabieleshin----As tall as a horse.
He shortened it to Agabi n it throws people off as to his tribe. He was short n robust. He didn't look like Yoruba more so an ijebu

Lol, how does ijebu look like? Them be Yoruba nah.

Anyways, I understand you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by AAA593: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
fergie001:
I feel some compassion for Uduk......but Congrats to them all.
Sorry I traced you here Sir. Are you following the tribunal? Someone DSS said nysc altered his certificate, the pertioner submitted 1998 master list claiming to be RSUST which they never invited nysc batch to the tribunal. That the fourth respondent name was not part of it. Is that not an own goal scored by the petitioner? During Cross examination it was discovered that the petitioner changed his surname in Australia. Where's equity? What's the legal implications? Thanks
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by ForeThinker: 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by janedonez(m): 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Get to work pls. No time
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by blackboy2star(m): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Rubber stamp approved lol
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by ThereIsHopeee: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by sevo(m): 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
6 names approved....4 from the north...Govt of the north by the north and exclusively for the north..."North-ocracy"!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Itisallright: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
sad
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Sharon6(f): 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Congratulations to all of them!

DESIGNER PERFUME OILS AT POCKET FRIENDLY RATES? CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by potent5(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
That Imo State nominee sha. How can a real Igbo man have AWỤSA (Hausa) in his name?

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by potent5(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
Is that name Reginald Okoroawusa or Karawusa? Is he related to the real Okoroawusa?
fergie001:
Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/06/10/senate-approves-six-rmafc-board-nominees-drops-one-for-security-reasons/amp/
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by tutudesz: 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
petitions by Okoroca or Uzodimma group?
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Emmacolinho(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ibos are always treated like outcasts/Slaves and you say we are one Nigeria?

Oh Chukwu Okike Abiama let Biafra come that we may be on our own and serve you in truth and all sincerity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by VillageHead: 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
hmmm
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by NettyNelly(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ok, congratulations to the nominated. I hope they make good use of the revenue generated. Just pray that their good intent is not twarted for selfish interest. I Design catchy Logo's that will get your brand out there and stick in your target customers mind.
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Itisallright: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
sevo:
5 names approved....3 from the north...Govt of the north by the north and exclusively for the north..."North-ocracy"!!
6 not 5 approved...
Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by fergie001: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
potent5:
Is that name Reginald Okoroawusa or Karawusa? Is he related to the real Okoroawusa?
grin grin
No, its Karawusa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons by Champneys: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Ok...

Ok OkoroAwusa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Armed Bandits Abduct 40 Muslim Worshippers In Katsina / Kidnapper Confesses To Staging His Mother-In-Law's Kidnap Among Others (Photos) / Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign Rally In Ebonyi (Pictures + Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.