Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out (42486 Views)

Tinubu Directs Education Officials To Conduct Census Of All Schools, Teachers / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Karemarealty288(m): 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Jack500:
Nobody bargain for this; in year 2020, so this is the so called vison 2020 of yaradua in 2007.

Nonsense

Vision 2020 was actually a prophecy....
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
SeverusSnape:
I really feel for private school teachers. I thought of them some days ago, They are one of the most affected set of workers this period.
Brother, I don find work tire, I no see, I saw one of our teachers Hawking bread on Tuesday, a graduate, we last received salary since Feb.

Abeg help me with anything, av been on garri some days ago, and I also owe pple money for food stuff since lockdown. I'm indebted and also av nothing to feed on, please assist me with any thing, please should I forward my account number please?
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by katoto: 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!
How do teachers do private n home lessons with the present lockdown.Do you have possible suggestions to assist private teachers in this period?

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by olattech: 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by teefaht(f): 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!

Hmmm,
All the parents I'm working with stop me from coming since March because of corona in Abuja.
Some are still owing.

Private lessons is even risky this period because parents will owe you and blame it on corona.

Thank God for virtual learning that is bringing token at the end of the month, we for no chop.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ogwoliun: 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
If you know how food is important to humans, please help me with the little you can (even if it is N500). I am a private school teacher and things has been difficult for me.
Account number: 2026148928
Account name: O. B. Emmanuel
Bank: UBA
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
ferdvict2:
God will see them through. Private school owners help them out with little even if it is good stuff.
The last time I visit our school, I was shocked to see my oga sleeping on bench, some school owners self are badly hit.

My oga that I'm talking of is a big man and responsible proprietor, but he was hit as well
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by kunlef1: 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
4gunners:
How many homes can afford Internet and hardware needed for the online class. Don't just look at issues from a borrow point of view.

I understand that, and I specifically mentioned funding as a possible issue. Please read my post well. I also addressed my question to a proprietor because it is her duty to make provision for her teachers. Many other schools did the same, so it is not out of the blues. The initial investment by school proprietors on their teachers will pay off on the long term.

The world will change forever after Covid19 whether we like it or not. Some poorly-paid teachers will not even return to their schools if they can find a way to earn more income online.

As we speak, many companies in the service sector have not returned to full operations and many staff are working from home. Same can apply to the educational sector.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by TheOtherRoom: 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
So they are not concerned about the kids
The students they teach
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Lionofdjungle: 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
What about a situation where both the husband and the wife are private school teachers? It is better imagined than experienced. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mvem(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
Qsand:
We're really sorry about the situation, but we will not put our children's lives at risk.
for goodness me Covid hardly affects kids, it has been scientifically established that it hardly affect kids.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by SweetCunt97(f): 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
hstar:

Brother, I don find work tire, I no see, I saw one of our teachers Hawking bread on Tuesday, a graduate, we last received salary since Feb.

Abeg help me with anything, av been on garri some days ago, and I also owe pple money for food stuff since lockdown. I'm indebted and also av nothing to feed on, please assist me with any thing, please should I forward my account number please?
A graduate hawking bread?
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mvem(m): 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
cryptotech:
ok, the safety of the student first, they should look for other things to do, what is the essence of the work you are doing that can't sustain you for even a year, covid provide an avenue for you to access your 9 to 5 work, earn income online and stop being slave to some silly greedy proprietor.
It has been scientifically established that covid hardly affect kids. This is all over for everyone to know
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by OtunbaJ: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
The Billions that is being embezzed in the name of sch feeding programs can be use as palliatives to this people, I have friends imas private sch teachers n I know what they are going true now
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
Please for God sake, I don't find work tire and I'm still job hunting, please help me with anything

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I swear, I almost Dodge her, because I myself was ashamed

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by shugaboy6102(m): 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
Qsand:
We're really sorry about the situation, but we will not put our children's lives at risk.
. Nobody is asking you to out your children's lives @ risk or not. Schools can remain shut but the govt assist them by ensuring they provide palliatives for them

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by airminem(f): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
Someone is going through tough times. It is well
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by vickydevoka(m): 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
hstar:

Graduate kill u dere . Who graduate help. No go site Carry block. De dere de graduate urself
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
I remembered when I was also a private teacher. .... I usually jumped from one school to another to make ends meet... Thank God levels have changed...

We give glory to God....

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by SweetCunt97(f): 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
hstar:

That's simply pathetic. But a graduate should have d ability to think outside the box. Use the exposure and enlightenment that comes with tertiary education to better their lives to varying degree.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by dalass(f): 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
SeverusSnape:
I really feel for private school teachers. I thought of them some days ago, They are one of the most affected set of workers this period.

It is even beyond this...

From daycare workers, ore school, primary, secondary schools in millions I'm sure including non teaching staff like bursars, etc

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
vickydevoka:

Graduate kill u dere . Who graduate help. No go site Carry block. De dere de graduate urself
What is the meaning of this?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by duality(m): 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
They should open up schools!!!!

Are the children locked up in wardrobes ?

A lot of these children haven't opened to their books for one day.

People go to markets without social distancing?

You are not protecting the children, when you go out and leave them at home.

Stop this nonsense. People have been protesting in USA, France and UK, did Corona virus go on break for the protest?

Wake up people, you are being conquered by evil people who want to determine your destiny.

Wake up!

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
Qsand:
maybe you should conceal school...
You allow thier parents to to market, and they still bring the virus home... Which children are u protecting?

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by vickydevoka(m): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Abeg it's better than begging. I hate beggers with passion

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by osazsky(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
I feel for them
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ONUTOPSY(m): 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
I work in a Lebanese restaurant, we are yet to open till now. I received salary last since March. Things are really tough.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Mrkcee(m): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
Too bad for them. Sincerely, everyone needs help this period. The lockdown is bitting harder each day. May God intervene!
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by exseJ: 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
Those saying private school teachers are making money from home lessons, pls who did u know invited teachers to their homes this period? The last time I saw salary was Feb....you can imagine how I am surviving with a wife that just finished her studies and no job....

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ifko: 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2020
BabangidaHamza:
Only Allah SWT can come to our succor. I am a graduate of Electrical Engineering department from BUK. Before I graduated I normally teach mathematics and physics in two privates school. The salary they pay me is not up to 30k per month and sometimes they don't pay on time.. The last time I received a dime was 16th march(that was my salary for April). So when this covid-19 pandemic started school closes, I worked for more than 21days in the month of March so am entitled to full salary. Wallahi, the last time I hold 5k was the salary they paid me on march. Am fucking broke and survive on menial jobs but since there is life there is hope and I thank God. Alhamdulilah, MashaAllah
Kai I really pity uu. Imagine a graduate without 5k for months. I wish I can help

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2020
SweetCunt97:
That's simply pathetic. But a graduate should have d ability to think outside the box. Use the exposure and enlightenment that comes with tertiary education to better their lives to varying degree.
She's one of the brain box in the school, she has other source of income aside from teaching because she studied economics. But I don't know what happened to that source as we don't talk that much.

I thought because she studied economics that's why she no care, I mean about Hawking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? / My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) / Optometry , Dentistry Or Physiotherapy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.